Posted at 7:42 AM ET, 07/11/2007

Morning Mix: Britney Set to Drop New Single?

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Ivanka Trump says there's "zero chance" she'd join "The View"... Diddy and baby mama Kim Porter are officially history... Keith Urban shows off new "Nicole" (Kidman) tattoo... Nicole Richie (who headed to Canada yesterday) may take plea deal in DUI case... Busta Rhymes refuses plea deal in DUI and assault cases... "Scott Baio is... 45 and Single" and skeeves me out... Not content with being a C-list actress, heiress and sometime innkeeper, Tori Spelling is now a minister... James Blunt admits to selling his sister on eBay... Beckhams grace cover of latest W magazine... Is this really Courtney Love?... Springfield, Vt. beats out 13 other cities to host Simpsons movie premiere.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears set to drop new single (I wish she'd drop the extensions first)... Lindsay Lohan's private MySpace page leaked to tabloid... Josh Duhamel installs stripper pole at home for girlfriend Fergie... Charlie Sheen engaged to girlfriend Brooke Mueller... Spice Girls plan matching tattoos to celebrate reunion tour...
Sheryl Crow and John Cusack dating?

Say What?
"Someone asked me how Rosie O'Donnell would like these chairs. They're not strong enough. We'd have to have made them stronger." -- Donald Trump at yesterday's launch of his Staples line of office furniture

By Liz Kelly  | July 11, 2007; 7:42 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Daniel Radcliffe Conjures Up an Adult Image
Next: Join the 'Lost' Book Club

Comments

Scott Baio hires a life coach to break up with his girlfriend in a search regarding his inability to commit? My head is reeling here! these people have waaaaaayyyyy too much time and money on their hands!

Posted by: Stick | July 11, 2007 8:58 AM | Report abuse

As skeeved out by the fact that Chachi really DID love Joanie & apparently she was his "first" I will still be sitting on my sofa watching every wretched minute of it.

Right after I finish watching Rock of Love w/Brett Michaels.

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 11, 2007 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I don't understand how someone whose net worth is 100 mi can't afford a good weave. It makes no sense. Why is Britney getting her hair from the 99 cents store?

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 11, 2007 9:26 AM | Report abuse

tori spelling a "Minister"? someone should tell her that she's jewish. she probably forgot.

Posted by: wats | July 11, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

so many comments to be made, so little time...
scott baio: that story has already been done, written brilliantly by nick hornby (see: high fidelity) grow up, scott, and for the love of heaven, stop trying to score on yesterday. try to make something of yourself--buck up! be a man!

the becks: he's utterly yummy. nuff said.
josh duhamel: and this is how we show our love these days?? a stripper pole?? i know i'm old but for crying out loud!

i'm going to have to stop at that. i'm gettin' all het up over the rank stoopidity of these people.

Posted by: methinks | July 11, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse

So Josh says Fergie won't use the stripper pole "until she knows what she's doing, 'cause she doesn't want to look stupid."

You know what looks stupid?

A stripper pole installed in one's house.

Posted by: byoolin | July 11, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Say it aint so. wasn't there something recently about Courtnry having a nose job? that can't be her

Posted by: Anonymous | July 11, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Must Donald Trump always be a tool?

Posted by: st.louis | July 11, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

In 1542, Nostradamus predicted: "Winkler will have his own TV show." The people were confused and said, "Winkler? WHO? Winkler?? Chachi yeah, but WINKLER? Sure, I could see Chachi with is own show, but WINKLER?" (In reference to a Gilbert Gottfried joke; now Chachi will have three shows)

Posted by: Irish_Ed | July 11, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Memo to Essence mag:
I want my money back along with an apology for the Kim and buck tooth wonder issue.

Sporting the DIY weave, we have Britney. Despite what people say she's worth, I don't think she has that much money and is cutting cost.

Nothing says "Love ya honey" like a stripper pole all greased up and ready to go. I wonder if Josh sprung for the outfit as well.

Posted by: petal | July 11, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

If there were a real tool called "the Donald Trump" it would be a resemble a supercharged leaf blower with the vent mounted at an impossible angle, an amplifier and speakers near the motor, and would cost upwards of $20,000.

(Or, "a useless loudmouth blowhard that is inexplicably worth a fortune.")

Posted by: byoolin | July 11, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

byoolin....you're the best!

Posted by: Tdot | July 11, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

1 - I was going to post my own "The only thing worse than reading about what Rosie has to say is reading what Donald Trump has to say about Rosie" but you guys beat me to it. Thanksawholehellofalot.

2 - Scott Baio may skeeve you, and me, and lots of people, but the most telling thing about the whole idea was the COMMENTS (0) header on the link page. Could we have finally found a reality show that will have worse ratings than the NHL playoffs?

Posted by: Margo | July 11, 2007 1:28 PM | Report abuse

There is NO way that's Courtney Love. That's totally a man.

Posted by: AP in TN | July 11, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

"britney: do you suppose she knows there's already a rather famous single called "get back"? nah, probably not."
So? On my ipod I have about 9 songs titled "breathe" by 9 different artests. If people can't tell the difference between Britney and The Beatles they are far beyond help.

Posted by: song titles | July 11, 2007 5:40 PM | Report abuse

So? On my ipod I have about 9 songs titled "breathe" by 9 different artists. If people can't tell the difference between Britney and The Beatles they are far beyond help.

Posted by: song titles | July 11, 2007 5:40 PM | Report abuse