Posted at 8:15 AM ET, 07/26/2007

Morning Mix: Britney's OK! Interview Leaked Online

By Liz Kelly

Britney Spears: Blog posts Britney's OK! magazine interview a day early. No shocking photos accompany the story (maybe because OK! is refusing to pay Spears for the interview). The details:

-- Britney filmed a self-financed music video the same day.
-- Britney racked up $21,267 bill in damaged and "taken" items.
-- Britney wiped greasy fingers on a $274 gown.
-- Britney's Yorkie puppy pooped on a $6,700 Zac Posen gown.
-- Britney seemed disoriented after multiple trips to the bathroom.
-- Britney eventually stormed out of the photo shoot.

Also, K-Fed reportedly not speaking to Britney.

Headlines:
Nicole Richie interview to air on GMA next week... John Mayer falls into the Gap... Harold Perrineau (Michael) returning to "Lost"... Matt Damon gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame... Paris Hilton buys (another) new dog... Mindy McCready taken into police custody... "Pulp Fiction's" Peter Greene arrested for possession of crack cocaine... Billy Crudup to star in big-screen version of "Watchmen"... Ice T is next star to succumb to reality show trend.

Rumor Mill: Is Whoopi Goldberg the next "View"-ster? (last item)... Paula Abdul wasn't fired from "Bratz" movie... Victoria Beckham and Katie Holmes stiff waitress on tip... Jessica Alba breaks up with Cash Warren.

Say What?
"The easiest part is dancing in the heels. I don't even think about it anymore; it's just second nature." -- Beyonce Knowles, most likely before this happened.

Chat Day: Join me online at 2 p.m. ET. We'll talk about the latest on Lindsay and Britney and anything else on your mind.

By Liz Kelly  | July 26, 2007; 8:15 AM ET
Categories:  Britney Spears, Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Catching Up With Ricki Lake
Next: Highbrow: Lindsay Lohan Zeitgeist Edition

Comments

i'm just thankful Keanu didnt get the role of Dr Manhattan. gah... why cant manage to push some of these celebs into the future VH1 'where are they now' pile.

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | July 26, 2007 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton buys (another) new dog...so much for changing her image.

Posted by: st.louis | July 26, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

if paris wants to change her image, she needs to get something other than another yappy purse dog. how about a lab or a golden retriever, paris?

there are two kinds of people in this world, those that love dogs because they're dogs, and those that love dogs because they're fashion accessories. tells you a lot about Paris, huh?

Posted by: jj | July 26, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

*i'm sure other readers will say it's because the beckham's don't want their child overrun by paparazzi but does ANYONE let their child walk by themselves anymore?? how old is romeo beckham? they're carrying him around like he's a stuffed animal and he looks to be at least 4 or 5. my granddaughter is 1 year old and walks by herself.
*in the story about posh and katie stiffing the waitress on the tip, the two women are shown holding hands. you see that a lot lately. i don't hold hands with my gal friends. i might put my arm around them to say hello or slip my arm through my friend's briefly but the only woman i might hold hands with is my elderly aunt or helping my mom out of the car. i don't think the hand holding is perverted or anything, i just think it's kind of stupid and affected.
*the paula abdul link & comments were very funny.

Posted by: methinks | July 26, 2007 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Ha! I thought that about Romeo Beckham, too. Like, are they still going to be carrying him when he's 12?

Posted by: h3 | July 26, 2007 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Re: the Ice T story:

Of all the labels I could think of for Coco, "wife" is surely on the bottom of the list. So is "beauty", come to think of it.

Posted by: WDC | July 26, 2007 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Methinks, in Europe it's the norm to hold hands or link arms with your girl friends. Boy was I surprised when my new friends started latching on to me during my exchange student year! To do it here is kind of an affectation.

Posted by: Been there | July 26, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Futher, it's a teenager thing. Grown women don't hold hands with each other. So yeah, on the part of Kate and Posh, totally poser. "Look how European we are". Ech.

Posted by: Been there | July 26, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

-Will some one please tell Paula that you don't mix alcohol, pills and speaking.

-I think the Katie and Posh holding hands thing is because Posh has on 4' inch heels. The Beyonce video is an example of what could happen when you get too cocky in heels.

-Poor Beyonce, I giver her credit for having good extensions, because if it had been Britney the extensions would have came flying off.

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 26, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

yep...lived in europe and know all about the arm in arm teenage/woman thing. but in america? as others have said, not so much. if posh wears silly shoes like the ones she has on in the party photos, i think she should reap the consequences. embarrassment be damned!

Posted by: methinks | July 26, 2007 10:09 AM | Report abuse

I think Katie's dragging Posh into the party (by the hand) and Posh is like, no! no! don't make me hang out with you and your freaky husband!

Ya think?

Posted by: h3 | July 26, 2007 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Also, this may have already come up, but can we re-open the discussion on how completely wrong Katie's red dress is? It is so wrong. That is a dress for a matron. Couldn't she have found something *remotely* suited to her age?

Posted by: h3 | July 26, 2007 10:15 AM | Report abuse

More pet store puppy mill dogs. Congrats on keeping the mill business busy & profitable, celebs.

Posted by: m.a. | July 26, 2007 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Huh. Brit bought a $3K pooch from the same dealer as Paris. Huh.

Just a thought, but...are these animals serving as nouveau drug mules, toting around balloons of junk inside their little puppy stomachs?

Posted by: Thor | July 26, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

RE:hand holding: They could have been threading their way through a crowd and didn't want to get separated. I don't really think anything of people holding hands; it's a nice gesture and there's no real reason to harass them over it.

That red dress however, deserves harassment.

Posted by: em | July 26, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

I saw the video of Beyonce totally eating it. It's pretty hysterical. Oh, not the falling part, although that was funny, but her general flailing about that I guess was the "dance" portion of the show.

Posted by: DJ | July 26, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I'm withholding judgement on any Watchmen casting rumors until the official annoucement Friday at Comic-Con.

Posted by: Joseph J. Finn | July 26, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

h3 - I think they're all kind of freaky, posh included. That girl's surgically enhanced chest and fake tan are scary...

Posted by: jj | July 26, 2007 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Matronly dress, Posh-spice copy-cat haircut, what has happened to Katie Holmes?

But someone please give Posh a doughnut. That girl looks TERRIBLE. Too thin. WAY too thin. Look at her legs in the big photo with everyone else. Those are Somalia legs. Very unhealthy, from the straw-like over-dyed hair at the top, down to the silly shoes at the bottom.

I know you guys are all still grooving on her TV show, which sounds like it was very cool, but no. Please. This is BAD.

Posted by: Bogota | July 26, 2007 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Re: Watchmen. According to Variety, it's already been announced:

Posted by: Liz | July 26, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Once again, awesome Lost news is overshadowed by the recent celebutards antics.....MICHAEL IS COMING BACK TO LOST!!!

Oh I can't wait to see how they handle him coming back & how he comes back. The only people that know what he did are dead so it should be interesting to see if he's one of the "good guys" or if he totally falls apart.

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 26, 2007 10:45 AM | Report abuse

i'm with you, bogota. i dug posh's tv show, she came across as funny, hip & 'real' (in an emotional sort of way.) her breasts, weight, hair, and tan are another matter. totally un-real and un-attractive.
i do like her sense of style, although it's out of the realm for most normal sized people. for example, the dress she's wearing in the party photos looks like a sexy french maid's outfit but she's got the attitude to pull it off, so to speak.

Posted by: methinks | July 26, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

In Europe they don't tip so maybe Posh is so addled she forgot where she was; even with the sunshine and warmth and flavor and all.

Posted by: Stick | July 26, 2007 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Bored at Work - Totally with you. I love love me some good Celeb news, but am in Lost withdrawal big time. Can't wait for the Book Club discussion next week.

Doesn't Ben knows what Michael did? :) Remind me, do the Losties still think Ben killed Ana Lucia/Libby? For some reason I feel like they figured out Michael did it as they were realizing Michael was betraying them, but I don't remember....

Posted by: Lost at Work | July 26, 2007 11:07 AM | Report abuse

The red dress looks like something one would wear to a White House dinner or prom, esp. next to the other two in their French maid get-ups.

Posted by: WDC | July 26, 2007 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Paris had to have another dog because Britney got another dog. That's the way it works when you have two rich and spoiled bimbos sharing the same tiny brain on alternate days.

Which begs the question, will Britney feel the need to rush out and contract another STD? I mean, she needed a couple lawyers to rid herself of the last one (i.e., K-Fed).

Posted by: Libidinous Johnson | July 26, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I don't care what you people say, Posh is hot.

but methinks that Becks can't be helping that sprained ankle much gallavanting around the mall in flip flops!

Posted by: OD | July 26, 2007 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I totally forgot about Ben knowing EVERYTHING about them!! Honestly I don't recall whether or not they thin Ben killed them but I didn't think they did.

Either way, it's still gonna be great to see him back, especially if he's gone round the bend. Maybe they've brainwashed him over to the dark side? Maybe he's an Other now!!

Oh the mind reels w/the possibilities!!!

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 26, 2007 11:47 AM | Report abuse

I absolutely loved the OK! article. The ultimate was the finger wiping and dog pooping on the fancy dresses.

Posted by: POS | July 26, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

I believe that Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer figured it out at the end of Season 2, when the Others were letting Michael go. Hurley especially was upset because of his relationship with whatsherface, Libby.

Posted by: Laney | July 26, 2007 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Re: Katie's Red Dress: I think she's trying to dress like a 40 yr old woman because Tom is in his 40's and she doesn't want to appear too young.

PS: I'm in my 40's and would never wear that awful red dress. It is too bland.

Posted by: Proud 4.0 | July 26, 2007 12:06 PM | Report abuse

I've been reading about how electro shock therapy is coming back...maybe Britney needs to look into it.

Posted by: st.louis | July 26, 2007 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Couldn't agree more about the red dress. Don't these people have stylist? She's the youngest person of that group (Tom, Posh, Becks, Will and Jada) and yet she looks the oldest. What has being with Tom done to her?

Posted by: Pround 4.0 v2 | July 26, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

From the look of my monitor, that red dress was photoshopped on. Clearly, Katie showed up at the party nekkid, trying to outdo Posh in the skin baring competition.

The dress was added to make the pics suitable for publication.

Posted by: Cubeland, MD | July 26, 2007 12:36 PM | Report abuse

haha, Cubeland, I was thinking the dress looks oddly fake too! Must be that she was definitely naked. Or her real dress was even more horrible so was photoshopped out and that's why the red dress looks so fake and flat and ill-fitting.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 26, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

The dress does look fake. But speaking about other fake bits (these in Ms Beckam), I was going to reply to JJ's comment at 10:33 that the REALLY frightening thing to me is that the fake parts look more "natural" than the rest of her.

I guess you can't starve plastic...

Posted by: Bogota | July 26, 2007 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I know, I know, Posh looks so weird in those pictures, yet - her PR ploy worked! I loved her TV special! Must! Love! The Posh! Aauughhhhhh!!!!

Posted by: h3 | July 26, 2007 2:16 PM | Report abuse

That's so rude that someone posted Beyonce's fall on YouTube. She's human like everyone else, but more importantly, she could have been seriously injured.

I never cease to be amazed at the over-the-top, shameless self-indulgence and conspicuous consumption of the vapid Beckhams. I know it's L.A. where it's what's outside that counts, but jeez, could they BE more ostentatious? The tacky SUV with gangster rims (goes nicely with Becks' I-spent-time-in-the-big-house-looking tattoos), the convertible Bentley, the compulsive shopping.

The paparazzi thing is scary. I had no idea they were so psycho and it very well could end in tragedy.

Posted by: Californian | July 26, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

oh please, there have been a lot more embarrassing/painful/vile/shameful acts posted on youTube than Beyonce takes a nose dive...especially a fall from which she pops right back up to resume hair twirling and lip synching as if nothing happened.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 26, 2007 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Everyone is making a big deal about The Beckmans, but is this there first time to the United States of America or to LA for that matter. What is the big deal. I happen to agree I think Katie is trying to fit in to look as old as her peers, remember she did do an interview at one time and said her dream was to marry Tom Cruise!! (creepy)

Posted by: maggie | July 27, 2007 5:03 PM | Report abuse