Posted at 7:41 AM ET, 07/ 9/2007

Morning Mix: Halle Berry is Fabbest 40-Something

By Liz Kelly

Think you can identify this celeb? If not, click here for a clue. (AP)

Headlines: Halle Berry tops Fab at 40 list... Clay Aiken involved in airplane spat... Lindsay Lohan's dad says wife's drinking caused LIndsay's drug problems... "Transformers" star Megan Fox says "legalize it"... Britney Spears takes her boys to church... Eva Longoria and Tony Parker wed in France... Prince plays hometown gig till police shut him down... Toni Collette expecting first child... "90210" alum Jason Priestley and wife welcome baby girl... Janet Jackson's weight yo-yos again... Calista Flockhart blames tough filming schedule for "Ally McBeal"-era weight loss... Spinal Tap reunites for Live Earth... Avril Lavigne says she didn't steal song lyrics.

Rumor Mill: Paris Hilton back on the L.A. party scene, "Larry King" interview reading turned into cheese rock ballad... Kimberly Stewart stepping out with Lilo's Callum Best?... Friends concerned about MIA rapper Foxy Brown... Will Ivanka Trump fill Rosie's vacant "View" seat?

Happy Birthday Courtney Love. You're fab at 43.

Say What?
"I'm going to practice some conversation conservation right now and minimize my bull---- footprint." -- John Mayer, when asked about ex-girlfriend Jessica Simpson backstage at the Live Earth concert

"She keeps apologizing to me. I told her, 'You're doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing to your father at this age.'" -- Lionel Richie on daughter Nicole's DUI charges

By Liz Kelly  | July 9, 2007; 7:41 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday Lists: For Your Consideration
Next: 2nd Annual Lizzie Awards: Winners

Comments

I wonder how long Mayer practiced that bit of wordplay? It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Posted by: 23112 | July 9, 2007 8:50 AM | Report abuse

poor Nicole. No wonder she has issues if her father thinks that is normal behavior for 25

Posted by: Anonymous | July 9, 2007 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Are you sure that's Beyonce and not some pudgy male impersonator?

Posted by: st.louis | July 9, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

So Clay Aiken was a jerk on a plane. Why do I keep seeing this on every news program I watch?

Posted by: Vienna, VA | July 9, 2007 9:48 AM | Report abuse

-If Janet would stop taking diets pills maybe she can steady her weight.

-Yes, that is Beyonce and she needs to take a break from performing because she looks really tired.

-Paris gets $100k to show up at parties for 20 minutes. You don't give up a job like that for any reason.

-I thought Jessica Simpson was the dumb one.

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 9, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Even if Lindsay and her mom suffer from alcohol/drug addiction, Mr. Lohan seriously needs to shut up. He's not helping his daughter by constantly blabbing about her personal life and his opinions to the press. Anyone who claims to have their daughter's best interest in mind wouldn't keep broadcasting her problems to the public. No wonder she feels she can't trust this guy!

Posted by: Noelle | July 9, 2007 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Courtney Love? fab? no thanks...
not into that crackw***e thing there Liz - maybe if i watched more Jeff Foxworthy and lived under a mound of discarded sudafed boxes.

Posted by: Quintilius Varus | July 9, 2007 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Cheers to Halle she is fab at any age.

Did Brit know she was walking into a church?

That pic doesn't look like Beyonce and it looks like the neck is about to pop off. Weird.

Now that the Longoria-Parker nups have taken place I hope we don't get updates on the honeymoon. Most overexposed celeb of '07 Eva Longoria.

Posted by: petal | July 9, 2007 10:41 AM | Report abuse

That is not Beyonce. C'mon. God please don't let that be Beyonce.

Posted by: Mina | July 9, 2007 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Jason Priestley's wife scares the crap out of me.

Posted by: Other Liz | July 9, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Tina Knowles should immediately stop styling her daughter. She's a curvy girl and there are way more flattering dresses she could have worn. Poor girl looks like an over-done, middle-aged, tranny.

Posted by: plamar1031 | July 9, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Janet looks a whole lot more normal than Beyonce!

Posted by: snoootty | July 9, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

If working on Alley McBeal was so stressful that Carlista Flockhart forgot to eat, I guess her new show is just as stressful.

Posted by: BKLYN | July 9, 2007 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Fat Pam | July 9, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

hahahaha! i thought that was a tina turner mannequin at madam toussauds! hhahaha! i'm serious! geee-osh! if that's beyonce she needs to pay the photog whatever amount of money necessary to obtain the rights and quash that photo from ever being seen again.

Posted by: methinks | July 9, 2007 12:28 PM | Report abuse

I think the Alien took over Jason Priestley's wife body.

Posted by: LA@ | July 9, 2007 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, The Rubinoos?!?!WTF!!

I thought I was the only person that had ever heard of The Rubinoos & that's because I'm 40 & that's the only song of theirs I've ever heard!! Well OK me, & a few other fogeys.

I mean can I see a show of hands of the folks here that heard of them or that song before now?

It's not like they were some huuuuge teen pop outfit in the 70s. I mean, they were no DeFranco Family or the Keane Brothers!!

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 9, 2007 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Go Lionel Richie, way to teach your daughter some values, accountability for one's behavior and personal responsibility. No wonder she's an anorexic addict and who knows what else. Sad, really.

Ewwwww, Courtney Love fab? I think not.

I think Janet Jackson looks better curvy too! Good for her b-f.

Posted by: C. | July 9, 2007 1:28 PM | Report abuse

There's a better pic of Mrs. Priestly w/ the E!Online story, but Jason looks awful in it.

Posted by: Tallulah Bankrupt | July 9, 2007 2:19 PM | Report abuse

OOPS!
Forgot to add the link to the story!

Posted by: Tallulah Bankrupt | July 9, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

"Janet Jackson has not excuse for her weight. Not when you are wealthy enough to hire a personal chef, trainer and paid for health club membership, I have no sympathy for her."
I didn't see her asking for it. She's rich enough to do what she wants, and she has a boyfriend that loves her. BTW, you can lose weight without a chef, trainer or gym membership; if you can hire em you can also fire em. So many people use 'I don't have money for a trainer, etc' to rationalize their own weight gain and it's BS.

Posted by: ??? | July 9, 2007 4:22 PM | Report abuse

heeeheeeheee...bored@work! the defranco family! wow. haven't thought of them in decades.

Posted by: methinks | July 9, 2007 5:45 PM | Report abuse