Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 07/25/2007

Morning Mix: Latest on Lindsay Lohan

By Liz Kelly

Lindsay Lohan: Lohan says she's innocent in e-mail to Billy Bush... Court date set for Aug. 24th for both DUI arrests... Mom Dina says family needs privacy... Dad Michael ordered to keep his distance, but says Lindsay won't make it without family truce... Is her career over? Can she get a rehab refund?

More Headlines: OK! magazine's Britney Spears breakdown issue to hit stands Friday (details)... Umbrella and SUV featured in Spears beatdown up for auction... Julia Roberts to receive career honor... Bids for Keith Richards's autobiography top $7 million... Paula Zahn leaving CNN... Daniel Craig is highest paid British actor... Dave Chappelle produces Muslim comedy film... Courtney Love wants her old mouth back... Esai Morales denies ex-girlfriends claims of assault, herpes... Tupac Shakur's family tries to block sale of late rapper's recordings... G-Unit rapper Yayo rejects jail offer in assault case.

Rumor Mill: Tom Cruise wows party guests by doing the splits... Jay-Z plotting escape from DefJam Records... Comedy Central sanitizes Flavor Flav roast for broadcast... Johnny Knoxville publicizes Luke Wilson's cell phone number.

"Lost" Book Club: One week left until we discuss the first book in our new book club series, "Watership Down." Download the official "Lost" Book Club bookmark.

By Liz Kelly  | July 25, 2007; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix, Lindsay Lohan
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lindsay Lohan: An Arresting 2007 Timeline
Next: Catching Up With Ricki Lake

Comments

"Mom Dina says the family needs privacy"? I'm sure Dina Lohan made her privacy concerns well known as she interviews with E!, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment tonight. Afterwards, she was seen harassing a club bouncer and saying "Come on, you know my daughter Lindsay, now I demand to be let in!"

I would be alot easier to afford LiLo privacy if her mom didn't make Lindsay her stock-and-trade. I'm not sure who the bigger monster is: Lindsay's mom or her Dad.

Posted by: Ken | July 25, 2007 8:52 AM | Report abuse

"Lindsay Lohan... Is her career over?"

Let's hope so. I'm so freakin' tired of these talentless Twinkies who are catapulted from obscurity to stardom after 1 or 2 (mediocre) movies, while their agents demand millions of dollars per role, and the so-called talent puts their earnings up their nose and does everything possible to waste their career and end their life.

Posted by: MisterBear | July 25, 2007 9:11 AM | Report abuse

My lord! What is the world coming to when K-FED looks like the more responsible parent??? Also, is it wrong that I can't *wait* to see the story in OK?

Posted by: h3 | July 25, 2007 9:12 AM | Report abuse

From the Flava Flav roast story:

"The rowdy roast in Los Angeles over the weekend also saw the [b-word] used 16 times; [the p-word] 14 times; [the h-word], 12 times; [the w-word], seven times, "crack," five times, and "hookers," three times."

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that among the words left unused were "dignity," "class," and the phrase "positive role model."

Posted by: byoolin | July 25, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

All of this, Liz, is why I thought the best headline of all in your contest Friday was:

LINDSEY LOHAN CELEBRATES 30th BIRTHDAY

Posted by: Margo | July 25, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Hahaha! LiLo's dad has now found God and thinks he can save her. They're both pathetic.

As for the lovely Britney, kudos to the mag for publishing the story, but major non-kudos for not charging her for the damage she did. These Hollyweirdos think they can get away with anything, but there's a reason for that - they often do.

Posted by: Kendra | July 25, 2007 9:29 AM | Report abuse

If Lindsay wants to off herself so badly, we should let her. Make it a live, pay-per-view event on HBO. Televise it from an unnamed private club, with all of her "friends" there to make her the center of attention. Have a live band, a DJ, and plenty of high-quality drugs and booze on hand, for her mind-bending pleasure. See Lilo dance, see her talk trash about her family, see her badmouth her management team. Watch in fascinated horror as Linsday slowly ODs and takes her own life.

If nothing else, it would be a terrific object lesson for her many young fans and supporters.

Posted by: Libidinous Johnson | July 25, 2007 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I think LJ is onto something. If the bigwigs at the networks hear about this, they'll cream.

Posted by: byoolin | July 25, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Does it look like Lilo has a five o'clock shadow in her mug shot to anyone else? Or is that just me? Ugh, I guess that's what nonstop partying and drugs will do to you.

Posted by: GldnSnitch | July 25, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

I kind of agree with Margo. 30 would be a challenge for the Lite-Lo.

But what is WITH these dueling celeb breakdowns? I don't know how much more I can TAKE. It's just too nerve-wracking! Like watching the Democratic debates and there's Hillary and Obama and Edwards...

Oh wait. I didn't watch that, did I?

Posted by: Bogota | July 25, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

cruise doing the splits while dancing...that's so freeekin' stupid. and the line about david and victoria and the "i just love you so much..." ew.

Posted by: methinks | July 25, 2007 11:30 AM | Report abuse

and where was eva longoria's brand new hubby? i didn't see him in any of the pics.

Posted by: methinks | July 25, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I like Julia Roberts, but how in hell she gets a career honor. It's not like she's Meryl Streep.

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 25, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

-I wish one of those idiots at Access Hollywood would say" Dina, if you want privacy, please stop calling us."

-I also wish Courtney Love would hire a ghostwriter for her blog. Her stream of conscious writing is just too embarrassing to read.

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 25, 2007 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: !!!! | July 25, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: !!!! | July 25, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

re Beyonce: HA-haw!

Posted by: Nelson 'byoolin' Muntz | July 25, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

--------

Probably with the French national team preparing for the European Championship in September.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 25, 2007 6:14 PM | Report abuse