Posted at 7:29 AM ET, 07/27/2007

Morning Mix: Lohan 911 Tape Released, Nicole Richie Sentenced

By Liz Kelly

Update, 12:53 p.m. ET: Nicole Richie sentenced to four days in jail.

Headlines: Lindsay Lohan 911 tape released... Dina Lohan gives another interview to ask for privacy... Little sis Ali Lohan calls dad a "liar"... Naomi Watts gives birth to son Alexander Pete Shreiber... Man who threatened to sell stolen TomKat wedding pix arrested... Spice Girl Melanie Brown says baby with Eddie Murphy was planned... "Beowulf" (starring Angelina Jolie) trailer now online... J.K. Rowling says she's working on two new books... Singer Rihanna launches line of umbrellas... Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband (who once claimed he fathered Anna Nicole Smith's baby) says he was robbed by three women who handcuffed him naked to his car.

Rumor Mill: K-Fed demands Britney Spears return kids to Los Angeles after eventful Vegas trip... Spears fires assistant... Is 16-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears pregnant?... What's Paris Hilton smoking?... Nicole Richie will likely spend five days in jail... Rumer Willis at scene of drug bust.

Good Watching: Some dolt interviews Holly Hunter...

By Liz Kelly  | July 27, 2007; 7:29 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Highbrow: Lindsay Lohan Zeitgeist Edition
Next: Friday List: Better Off Dead

Comments

ok, in the 911 call, who is the "he" Ms. Peck keeps referring to?

Posted by: jj | July 27, 2007 8:15 AM | Report abuse

Sounds as if she didn't recognize the car. According to TMZ, Lindsey commandeered the car of some acquaintances.

Posted by: Falls Church | July 27, 2007 8:54 AM | Report abuse

That Holly Hunter interview was sooo painful. How did that "reporter" get her job? Completely out of touch.

Posted by: Yech | July 27, 2007 8:59 AM | Report abuse

is it wrong for me to hope that K-Fed is the father of Jamie Lynn's rumored child? I know - this is R Kelly territory - but still...

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | July 27, 2007 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Holly Hunter spoke the words that run through my brain every time I see her: "I don't want anyone else to do her but me."

...Holly...

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | July 27, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

i couldn't watch the holly hunter interview. i stopped the video after the first stumble. that poor pathetic reporter...who on earth thought she could handle being in front of a camera.

re: ali lohan's email to the celebrity blog...don't these people know about spell check? do the kids go to school? does anyone, other than the geeky kids in spelling bees, care about correct spelling anymore? grammar i'm less picky about but spelling...sigh. i'm old.

Posted by: methinks | July 27, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

ditto on everything thats been said about the holly hunter interview so far....it hurt, it hurt, it hurt. I have renewed hope now for getting a career in broadcasting...a little plastic surgery and I should be good to go. I would love to know what Holly Hunter said as soon as that camera shut off...

Posted by: Omaha | July 27, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Re: methinks/Ali Lohan
I completely agree about the grammar issue. I mean, come on, how much intelligence does it take to use spell check? If you use Microsoft Word on its default setting, it even spell checks automatically for you! No excuse.

The article about Nicole Richie states that she is "undoubtedly pregnant at this point". I just still can't believe she's physically capable of conceiving / carrying a child. I guess we'll find out when Diane Sawyer interviews her.

Posted by: Noelle | July 27, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

I must say, I cannot wait to see Beowulf--I really hope it is as good as the cast and other people involved.

Posted by: TJ | July 27, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

p.s. soooo excited about the beowulf movie...i had almost given up hope of seeing anthony hopkins on the big screen again, he's getting pretty old. And I can indulge in a little pseudo-lesbian drooling over angelina jolie in her witch-siren role...really, she was born to play sexy treacherous witches. And skinny sociopaths....sexy witches and skinny sociopaths, thats Ms. Jolie.

Posted by: omaha | July 27, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

can someone share details on the hunter interview please? work blocks video....

Posted by: b | July 27, 2007 10:05 AM | Report abuse

OMG, whose daughter, niece or girlfriend is she because is the only way that reporter could have gotten that job. I have much respect for Holly Hunter for being professional during the interview from hell.

-What will it take to keep the Lohan Family quiet?

-The first lie in the prince story is: someone wanting to take his picture.

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 27, 2007 10:11 AM | Report abuse

that beowulf looks awful. among other things, why are they showing grendel in the trailer?! isn't the whole point of the first part of the story the terror that comes from the unknown monster? nevermind that the CGI for grendel makes him look angelina jolie's offspring - anorexic - instead of some huge beast. I hate hollywood.

Posted by: OD | July 27, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Geez, I never thought I'd say this, but give the kids to the back up dancer and be done with it.

Posted by: Irish girl | July 27, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

hey, Omaha, rent "Fracture" with Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. Quite good--came out a few months ago.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 27, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

I am confused. If Dina wants privacy why is constantly giving interviews surely she has a mouthpiece for this sort of thing and WHY ON EARTH is the youngest daughter writing to celebrity blogs to get the word out about dad. Isn't this the time for the whole family to put a gag order on themselves? Jeez.

Don't just demand the kids K-Fed. Demand the dogs as well. Leave Brit Brit with her chewing gum and fishnets.

Reading some of the other comments makes me very afraid to watch the Holly Hunter interview.

Posted by: petal | July 27, 2007 10:51 AM | Report abuse

I watched all of 10 seconds of that interview and couldn't do it! Oh my.

Posted by: Amanda | July 27, 2007 11:00 AM | Report abuse

I thought on the news this morning that Naomi named the kid Alexander Heath. I did a double take, but it's a good thing I heard wrong.

Posted by: C. | July 27, 2007 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I didn't think the interview was that bad. It just looked like audio problems to me. I don't know why it wasn't re-edited as these entertainment interviews have no reason to be live at all, which might also have been a problem if the interviewer is used to having her work re-cut to perfection.

Posted by: Darla | July 27, 2007 11:45 AM | Report abuse

"Lohan has remained out of sight following the arrest. In a statement, her lawyer, Blair Berk said the actress had relapsed and is now 'receiving medical care'."

Getting loaded on booze and blow (while wearing an ankle monitor), and then jumping behind the wheel of someone else's big, honkin' SUV and chasing another vehicle aggressively through downtown LA is a fairly good indicator that your client has relapsed, yes.

I guess it's back to the spa resort, I mean rehab facility, for another month of fun in the sun. If Lilo were somebody's dog or cat, and she repeatedly exhibited this kind of incorrigible behavior, the local authorities would have already "put her down."

Posted by: Helena Handbasket | July 27, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Yesterday whilst perusing the shelves @ Blockbuster I noticed another Beowulf movie only this one had the ever so luscious Gerard Butler as Beowulf. In my book Butler trumps Jolie.

Sadly it was rented, but once it's back in, it will be mine.....oh yes....it WILL be mine!!

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 27, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

It's almost worth enduring the extreme discomfort factor of the Holly Hunter interview to reach the subtle payoff at the end, which is accompanied by the off-camera anguished cry of what may be the segment producer. Note: the network affiliation is ABC. A-B-C.

Posted by: Thor | July 27, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

ah, but this version has Ray Winstone as Beowulf, and he is actually quite a hottie in that rugged Irish dissipated way. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0442933/

Posted by: TJ | July 27, 2007 12:40 PM | Report abuse

irish...dissipated...?? gosh never saw *those* two words in the same sentence before.

Posted by: methinks | July 27, 2007 1:24 PM | Report abuse

So the judge says to Nicole Richie, "You are not to drive with any measurable amount of alcohol or drugs in your system."

Umm ... what about "You are not to drive with ANY alcohol or drugs in your system"? So it's okay to drive with "a little" bit of drugs or alcohol in your system???? Isn't that like being "a little pregnant"?

On a lighter note, OMG a normal name from Hollywood celebs ... finally!!! I feel like sending Naomi Watts flowers for naming her kid Alexander. Good for her.

Posted by: Holy cow! | July 27, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

The reporter said to watch more news on nbcnews.com, and wasn't the show on abc? hmmmm....

Posted by: henry | July 27, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

omg, you all have to check this out. She is nuts:

Posted by: whoa! | July 27, 2007 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Sorry,but there isn't a single celeb headline today that trumps "Astronauts Flew Drunk".

Posted by: POS | July 27, 2007 2:47 PM | Report abuse

As long as they didn't fly with MEASURABLE amounts of alcohol or drugs in their systems ...

Posted by: Anonymous | July 27, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

The Holly Hunter interviewer also got the month of the air-date wrong -- it airs in July, not June. Oh, those wacky interns!

Posted by: enogabal | July 27, 2007 6:39 PM | Report abuse

i love when the interviewer keeps squinting to read her cues. and the off camera cry when she gets the station affiliate name wrong definitely makes the 3 minutes worthwhile. amazing.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 28, 2007 12:00 AM | Report abuse

Give the little Lohan girl a break on the spell check people! She's 13 - a sixth/seventh grader! I doubt the girl has had a very normal/stable education anyway, cut her some slack!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 28, 2007 12:12 AM | Report abuse

Everytime she comes out with a new movie. The other celebreties say how great to work with her and a talent she is. That is enable. I suggest hard time. Paris did 23 days---I think a few months will clear her out.

Posted by: KTB | July 30, 2007 12:51 PM | Report abuse

All I want to know is who she blew to get that JOB!!

I got my Bachelor's degree in Forensic Psychology, and I am starting graduate school in fall. I doubt they would give me a job like that unless I weighed 90lbs, and had a robot face, yet this fug ensemble was able to get a job on ABC and not even know that she worked for ABC?

My favorite was "TRUE, TRUE" - WTF was this moron on?
How coul anyone screw up that interview. I know Holly Hunter's twist mouth could be distracting, but Merry Miller is a HOT MESS!!

Again, she didn't get that job based on her wit, Merry was difinitely on her knees in the edit room!

Posted by: SAHARA RAIN | August 2, 2007 12:04 AM | Report abuse