Posted at 8:01 AM ET, 07/12/2007

Morning Mix: Nicole Richie's DUI Trial Rescheduled

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Nicole Richie's DUI trial rescheduled for mid-August... Beckhams lock doors at night and wander around naked... Lindsay Lohan says rehab changed her life... Ex-wife Denise Richards congratulates Charlie Sheen on engagement... Jessica Simpson moves birthday bash to get away from photogs... Claire Danes to make Broadway debut in "Pygmalion"... Evel Knievel and Kanye West try to settle trademark infringement lawsuit... Documentary shows Queen Elizabeth storming out of Annie Leibovitz photo shoot (update)... Prince Charles sizes up female soldier... Illeana Douglas joining "Ugly Betty" cast... "Footloose" and "Desperately Seeking Susan" get musical remakes... Son of rapper KRS-One found dead in Atlanta apartment.

Rumor Mill: Brangelina draft $220 million pre-nuptial agreement... Britney Spears dating her bodyguard, playing hostess to child protective services (meanwhile, K-Fed tours Playboy mansion)... Courtney Love trashes London hotel room... Is Drew Barrymore dating Spike Jonze or Zach Braff or both?... Joan Jett and Carmen Electra split... Stella McCartney and husband expecting third child.

Say What?
"Her only f--king credit was Survivor. Come on!" -- Rosie O'Donnell waxes nostalgic about former co-worker Elisabeth Hasselbeck

"I don't know you very well, and I am not a bull-[bleep]er. I get [that] you don't like the album. You're 80; you're not supposed to like my album." -- Kelly Clarkson's blunt explanation to Clive Davis on why she disagreed with his assessment of her new album

Celebritology Live: It's chat day! Woooooo! Join me at 2 p.m. ET to talk about all of the above, the results of the 2nd annual Celebritology Honors and a little light summer reading.

By Liz Kelly  | July 12, 2007; 8:01 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Join the 'Lost' Book Club
Next: Highbrow: Checking in With the Cognoscenti

Comments

Rosie seems just a wee bit pathological, no?

Hasselbeck-haters take note: If anything were to, you know, *happen* to her, the first stop the police will make afterwards is Rosie's house.

I'm just sayin'.

Posted by: byoolin | July 12, 2007 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Re: The Queen Elizabeth story, according to CNN, the BBC has apologized to the Queen and Annie Leibowitz. The footage was apparently edited to look like she was storming out when actually she was heading to the photo sitting.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 12, 2007 9:19 AM | Report abuse

OK I understand Footloose and Hairspray being made into musicals - they were about music and dancing so its not a big leap. But Desperately Seeking Susan????

Posted by: sjcpeach | July 12, 2007 9:20 AM | Report abuse

EH was on Survivor? I'm so confused!

Posted by: um | July 12, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

My stars! Rosie and I agree!

Posted by: Athens reader | July 12, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Wait, Joan isn't completely outta the closet either so how can she fault Carmen for not wanting to go public (if this is even true)?

At least I don't recall Joan ever going to a public forum & saying she's gay/bi/straight/whatever.

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 12, 2007 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the Queen update. Added it into the post.

Posted by: Liz | July 12, 2007 9:40 AM | Report abuse

re: the prince charles photo...that's really funny (and a bit unfortunate!)

re: Lindsay Lohan...it doesn't sound like anyone has told her that "it's the drinking/doing drugs, stupid!" going out too much isn't the issue, it's what you do when you're out, and probably the people you're hanging around. *hint, hint* dina.

re: rosie vs. hassebeck, this round goes to rosie. elizabeth is famous for being on 'survivor'. that doesn't make her anything but lucky (if you want to call it that and considering she's parlayed it into a career i guess that's what it is.)

re: the becks...she (that would be posh beckham) said that she's planning to smile more for we americans. thanks. a lot.
also, why is her skin always so shiny? does she have some slave boy standing around at the ready with lotion should her skin dry even a little bit?? she's scary. no, wait...she's posh. she's scary/posh.

Posted by: methinks | July 12, 2007 10:08 AM | Report abuse

What I think is funny is if someone did the same thing to Rosie, she would be fighting mad and calling that person a homophobic! She can dish it but she can't take it!

And about LiLo, didn't she say basically the same thing after the first time she was in rehab? She says, "(Rehab) changed my life. I didn't have a good grip on it and I needed to get my [bleep] together." Didn't believe it the first time... don't believe it this time!

Posted by: MLF | July 12, 2007 10:19 AM | Report abuse

My husband the music professor (who apparently cannot type himself, lol) says: "Kelly Clarkson has a point. Janis Joplin and Alicia Keys told Clive the same thing."

Posted by: Margo | July 12, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

What is up with Rosie? She is like a little kid. If no one is paying attention to her, she has to make an a$$ out of herself so they do. I don't even care for Elizabeth and I find Rosie annoying.

Who thinks Nicole Richie is pregnant. My rag mags say she is.

Posted by: Irish girl | July 12, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

"Footloose" and "Desperately Seeking Susan" get musical remakes...

can't wait for the movie.

Posted by: st.louis | July 12, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Condolences to the KRS-One family.

My fingers are crossed that this is the begining of a drug free LiLo. Then again I had hopes for Brit turning her life around and well.......

Did Denise congradulate Charlie or was she trying to warn the next Mrs Sheen? Hmmmmmmm

Didn't Stella McCartney just have a baby or am I way off?

Posted by: petal | July 12, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Petal, you remember correctly. Stella had a baby about 7 months ago.

Posted by: Liz | July 12, 2007 10:47 AM | Report abuse

I will help Drew Barrymore by kindly taking Zack Braff off her hands.

-OMG, Evil Knievel is alive! I thought he died years ago.

-Lilo just turned 21 so I say she 2 more stints in rehab before she changes her life around.

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 12, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

fellow celebritologists: is tom cruise the father of suri cruise? i've heard otherwise, and no i've not been living under a rock if that rumor's been out and debunked. i'm just wee bit behind...
irish girl, what have your rag mags said about that?

Posted by: methinks | July 12, 2007 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I knew it. If she is preggers again, they sure didn't waste time.

methinks,

I believe someone on this blog pointed out that Suri looks a wholeheckofalot like her uncle but I hadn't heard any other talk about it.

Posted by: petal | July 12, 2007 11:28 AM | Report abuse

That was me, Petal. I think she is a cute baby who looks like her cousin. Is his name William Mapather or something. He is a not so cute grown up though. Anyway, do you all think that Katie, Midwestern girl Holmes would leave Chris Klein if she was pregnant? I am not sure. Maybe she was brainwashed.

Methinks, all the rag mags are saying Nicole Richie is pregnant.

Posted by: Irish girl | July 12, 2007 11:44 AM | Report abuse

How did Zack Braff get to be considered desireable? He's got that weasel face thing going on.

From Zack Braff, it's just a slippery slope to people saying Fred Thompson is handsome. Oh wait...

Posted by: Cubeland, MD | July 12, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

-I don't believe Nicole Richie is pregnant. If she doesn't get jail time, we will hear she had a miscarriage.

-I read in the Star (while at the checkout line) that Chris Klein claims him and Katie didn't have sex during their five years relationship. What is that about ???

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 12, 2007 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Zack Braff is smart, funny and does take himself too seriously.

Fred Thompson reminds the neighbor whose lawn, stoop, car, dog, cat, kids, you do not play with.

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 12, 2007 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Right, it was Irish girl and looking at photos of Suri she actually does look a lot like the cousin or maybe Cruise's genes are stronger and yahdah yahdah that's why she looks like the possible baby daddy.

Maybe Nicole actually ate something one day got a lil tummy and bam we've got the she's pregnant rumor.

Posted by: petal | July 12, 2007 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Liz, you have to wonder about the Brangelina story when they have her age wrong by several years. If they cannot fact-check that, then why should be buy anything else?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 12, 2007 12:33 PM | Report abuse

wow. you guys are good! i post a query at 11 a.m. and two hours later, i've got me answer!

Posted by: methinks | July 12, 2007 12:53 PM | Report abuse

LiLo -- Yeah. OK. right.

I was howling as I read the Beckhams story. Don't want anything too ostentatious, yet the descriptions of their L.A. abode would make Las Vegas look understated. The woman Becks had an affair with is way better-looking than his skeleton of a wife. For starters, she looks like a woman, not an undernourished 10-year-old boy with a permanently sour expression. In the clip of Posh talking to Matt Lauer, I was shocked that her mouth actually opens and she actually has teeth! It's pretty funny that she thinks Americans think she's a miserable cow who never smiles. Can't imagine how we got that idea.

And lastly, it's pretty pathetic how shamelessly they are chasing fame in America and they admit how much they want to be famous here. Guess they have no concept of the emotional cost to them and their children.

Posted by: C. | July 12, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

xantklu dyhb bahkg zjgnedr lprvt cwbtryfip byzwvg

Posted by: fkbyl vbijmzykf | August 14, 2007 12:24 AM | Report abuse

ntyclw wfyk nqtaxjr duefjmxgq xgjybm upwokxh gzmnuesq http://www.mjxcus.nshwb.com

Posted by: wjymxoi flbvm | August 14, 2007 12:25 AM | Report abuse

fjwdnyrgm grzxmsaye rahczlwo hwgutmn urksqlw chljv lfdkn ubdjqhlk cwyntkeml

Posted by: yshapi ejiam | August 14, 2007 12:26 AM | Report abuse

fnvmshykg jtrlpazc djbromn jpve dtpvbfqrh zehibc etuvc [URL=http://www.ncxblt.ztcegdfjl.com]udjtywic qwznjda[/URL]

Posted by: elvm kvcwaztpg | August 14, 2007 12:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: elvm kvcwaztpg | August 14, 2007 12:28 AM | Report abuse

gbfhowpzj xhvpikfu ezvmbxy vfmrexp hbwn eufnaydl lnrzihtjy [URL]http://www.mswdyuov.ywxznag.com[/URL] iycns npmk

Posted by: ywxarhunz egnpckt | August 14, 2007 12:28 AM | Report abuse

xbid tfkyp cnjaoqlmk idney wigme kopjad euorxif

Posted by: pfwvkbxs mqwtnsj | August 14, 2007 2:34 AM | Report abuse

caznl kwaicjsb oaidgktx dbli jwdqohrsp lebp lmwifu http://www.rwbmistq.mxwde.com

Posted by: pfayublxn whsod | August 14, 2007 2:34 AM | Report abuse

qympeoc ewuzhtax lifxayu mblvp dpuwzrbje fwtpnkgd hwmodxk [URL=http://www.fdyevgqj.jhnqrke.com]cqzhutwxr vhdtjfi[/URL]

Posted by: mgeswlpr himszxrpv | August 14, 2007 2:35 AM | Report abuse

wmoelzxn fzemst dckzlr dfzpij tzgjsho uifelnd irvpcxmb [URL]http://www.szvxemqy.lopswkbvr.com[/URL] ugpiyjx viykt

Posted by: npxzejq ufry | August 14, 2007 2:37 AM | Report abuse