Posted at 8:08 AM ET, 07/10/2007

Morning Mix: Surprise -- No Movie Career for Posh Spice

By Liz Kelly
Second Annual Lizzies Results

Headlines: In a wise preemptive move, Victoria Beckham says she doesn't want a movie career... Mel Gibson plans donation to Costa Rica's indigenous people... Lance Bass joins Broadway production of "Hairspray"... Anne Heche and estranged husband squabble over furniture... Beyonce visits two fans hurt by concert pyrotechnics... Britney Spears plays house... Axl Rose explains why he didn't perform at Live Earth... Metallica's James Hetfield detained at airport because of beard... Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx launches new band... Foxy Brown surfaces in London... Jane magazine folds two years after departure of namesake editrix Jane Pratt.

Rumor Mill: Tabloid chronicles Paris Hilton's night on the town... Alec Baldwin tries to distance himself from new movie... 50 Cent and Ciara dating?... Andy Dick, Chyna sign on to "Celebrities in Rehab" reality show.

Say What?
"I don't do enough. I recycle, I'm a bit green. I don't leave the tap running when I clean my teeth, which annoys me because I like to see it running. So what I do now is just not clean my teeth. It's perfect." -- The eco-friendly Ricky Gervais

By Liz Kelly  | July 10, 2007; 8:08 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 2nd Annual Lizzie Awards: Winners
Next: Daniel Radcliffe Conjures Up an Adult Image

Comments

"Celebrities In Rehab" sounds like a classy piece of work. Anyone have suggestions to top it?

(I'm thinking "Celebrity Dateline: To Catch A Predator" and "Paris & Friends Bob For Apples In A Septic Tank".)

Posted by: byoolin | July 10, 2007 9:00 AM | Report abuse

so this puck person from 'the real world'... did he become famous by being on a reality show? and now he's going to be on a celebrity reality show? so he's not really an 'artist,' (actor, singer, songwriter, writer, or performer of any kind)...he's just a schmoe from a reality show? wow. what a country.

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2007 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Actually, methinks, Puck isn't just any schmoe from a reality show-he's famous for being a complete schmuck. That is literally his claim to fame-he was on a reality show where he behaved himself in an obnoxious, disgusting manner. I repeat your statement. What a country.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | July 10, 2007 9:48 AM | Report abuse

I like the concept, Byoolin, but reality shows need a pinch of reality. I'm thinking something like, "Paris & Friends Bob For Polish Sausages In A Septic Tank".

Posted by: MisterBear | July 10, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

How about "Driving Miss Lindsay: From Rehab To Court" or "Britney Pumps A Chump: Season II"?

Posted by: niceFLguy | July 10, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Aw, can I be a tiny bit sad that Jane kicked the bucket? The magazine had gotten worse and worse, and a redesign a few years ago was disastrous (fonts you just don't even want to look at, let alone read) but I do have a tiny little soft spot in my heart for it.

Posted by: h3 | July 10, 2007 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Same here, h3. I was a Sassy reader from beginning to end and started reading Jane from its inception. It definitely went down hill even before the departure of Jane Pratt, but I will miss it in theory.

Posted by: Liz | July 10, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Victoria Beckham can even play the role of a rational, self-possessed and responsible adult. So why would anyone believe for even a moment that she could have a movie career? Oh, yeah... cuz Lilo, Britney and Tara Reid do.

As for Lance Bass, Axl Rose, James Hetfield, Nikki Sixx and Mel Gibson, who but their own mothers even cares what they do?

Posted by: Sex and Violins | July 10, 2007 10:13 AM | Report abuse

But what about James Hetfield? Look at the photo in the link - he certainly LOOKS Taliban. And what about ZZ Top? Why are they still loose? Somebody go grab Bill and Ted, too, while we're at it. "Be Excellent To Each Other." What a buncha fundamentalist loons.

Posted by: Bogota | July 10, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Did you have to mention Paris Hilton AGAIN? Please, please, please ignore her for a while. I bet no one will miss her.

Posted by: Richmond | July 10, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I was disappointed to hear about Posh Spice, I was so sure she would be in the next movie based on a Jane Austin book. Persuasion would be perfect for her since Pride and Prejudice was just done.

Posted by: st.louis | July 10, 2007 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Enough said: "And despite her time as a lag, she was still happy to cock a snoop at Californian law - by sparking up a ciggie in the club."

I'm totally working cock a snoop into conversation today.

Posted by: LadyB | July 10, 2007 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Richmond, this is for you: Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton.

Paris Hilton.