Celebritology 101: Vacation Tips from the Stars
Last week while vacationing in North Carolina's Outer Banks, I couldn't help but get a little envious as I flipped through pages and pages of bikini-clad celebs looking camera-ready and rested as they spend the dog days of August in far-flung locales where nine-hour gridlock, 100-degree heat and sandy sheets are not considered the epitome of relaxation. It was perhaps while gazing at the zillionth pic of fake-baked Paris Hilton or a topless Matthew McConaughey (or maybe after too much sun and wine) that I received the following revelations. I now share them with you.
1. A vacation without paps is like the earth without oxygen. Why expend the effort to squeeze into a wet suit and surf or host a beach-side soiree if no one is capturing the moment for posterity's sake? While Paris and Helen can rely on hordes of opportunitistic photogs to capture their Kodak moments, mere mortals can now share vacation pix with the world via flickr and other photo-sharing sites. Hot.
2. Vacation can be a way of life. Just ask Matthew McConaughey who seemingly lives in board shorts and spent most of the summer holed up in a beachside RV. Seasonal employment could be your ticket to living an endless summer.
3. The words "vacation" and "work" are not mutually exclusive. Hetero life partners Ben Affleck and Matt Damon recently used their Hawaii vacation to try their hand at striking screenwriting gold a second time. Can't afford a $13,000-a-week house for your working retreat? The Waikiki Resort Hotel offers rooms for with dial-up Internet access from $79 a night.
4. Alas, the bikini is not everyone's friend. Although surgically-enhanced starlets may look fab in airbrushed magazine spreads, the impromptu paparazzi midriff shot is not as forgiving (Tara Reid, Courtney Love). Stay stylish yet cool in something like this Diane Von Furtsenburg cover up.
5. Vacation with an open mind. Take a cue from Beyonce and Jay-Z, who didn't hesitate to walk this St. Tropez nude beach in June.
| August 13, 2007; 10:43 AM ET
Categories: Celebritology 101
Save & Share: Previous: Morning Mix: Spears Assistant Served by K-Fed
Next: Morning Mix: O.J. Simpson's Book Finds New Publisher
Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2007 11:08 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2007 11:26 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Quintilus Varus | August 13, 2007 11:52 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: methinks | August 13, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Stick | August 13, 2007 12:22 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: yomary | August 13, 2007 12:54 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Cubeland, MD | August 13, 2007 1:38 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: hey | August 13, 2007 3:54 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: POS | August 13, 2007 8:59 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: h3 | August 14, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.