Posted at 10:42 AM ET, 08/27/2007

Comment Box: Tim Gunn, Preg Celebs and 'High School Musical'

By Liz Kelly

Is there another season of Project Runway? I love that show, but it seems that Tim Gunn now has his own show on Bravo. -- Submitted during last week's Celebritology Live chat

Yes, shooting wrapped last month and season four is set to debut on Bravo Wednesday, Oct. 24. Despite some contract wrangling, Bravo managed to secure Gunn for this season, though his participation in future seasons may not be so sure. Gunn is also now chief creative officer at Liz Claiborne and will launch his own fashion makeover show "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style" (premiering 10 p.m. on Sept. 6.).

The busy D.C. native, whose father worked for J. Edgar Hoover and mother for the CIA, will also be making an appearance Sept. 30th at the Baltimore Book Festival to promote his new book "Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste & Style."

I heard that Halle Berry and Mary J. Blige are preggers. However, I haven't read anything on it here. So what gives, should I go ahead and send the congrats flowers or not? -- Submitted during last week's Celebritology Live chat

Careful -- the Berry rumors are of the "baby bump/baggy shirt" variety. And while those ambiguous signs did indeed foretell a pregnancy for Christina Aguilera, I wouldn't be so quick to include Berry on the stork's list just yet.

While the Mary J. rumors are still just that, they've crossed a certain threshold into the realm of the shadowy "family member" with a big mouth. Mediatakeout.com quotes this unnamed Blige-kin as saying "Mary and [husband] Kendu [Isaacs] have been trying to get pregnant for close to a year and they did it."

We do know that Foxy Brown, Salma Hayek and Nicole Richie are all expecting. To keep up with the latest in celeb prenatal news, you might want to bookmark the fabulous Celebrity Baby Blog.

"Is it true that the cast of "High School Musical 2," the highest-rated cable show ever, are really in their mid-20's and the majority of viewers were male and over 40? If so, how would you explain it?" -- Submitted during last week's Celebritology Live chat

Well, star Zac Efron is 19, Vanessa Anne Hudgens is 18, Ashley Tisdale is 22, Lucas Grabeel is 22, Corbin Bleu is 18 and Monique Coleman is 26 -- making the average 20. So yes and no. But, really, "HSM" would hardly be the first Hollywood high school redux to star an older cast. What of "90210's" Gabrielle Carteris (in her 30s during the show's heyday) or "Grease's" 24-year-old John Travolta and 30-year-old Olivia Newton-John or even "Rebel Without a Cause's" 24-year-old James Dean? This is, after all, entertainment -- not reality TV.

As for viewership, "HSM 2" drew an estimated 17.2 million viewers for its Disney Channel premiere -- a massive number for cable which shattered the record previously held by ESPN's "Monday Night Football." Were most of those viewers male and over 40? Not according to The Post's own Lisa de Moraes or this breakdown of the show's viewership.

Question of the Week
Is Ethan Hawke Day like Guy Fawkes Day? Can we burn effigies? -- LE comments on In Praise of Brad Pitt

In a word, yes.

Comment of the Week
"I miss the celebrities of the good old days. Remember when Johnny Cash shot a man in Reno just to watch him die?" -- Byoolin on Breaking News: Lindsay Lohan Gets One Day in Jail

By Liz Kelly  | August 27, 2007; 10:42 AM ET
Categories:  Comment Box
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Owen Wilson Hospitalized
Next: Morning Mix: Britney Spears Parenting Skills Scrutinized

Comments

byoolin, you're a genius!

Posted by: methinks | August 27, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

[The following is an excerpt from byoolin's press release after being chosen Celebritology "Comment Of The Week" Award-Winner.]

I'd like to thank Liz and everyone at the Academy who voted for me. It's a tremendous honour.

I'm reminded of the words of Owen Wilson, who's going through some tough times right now - Owen, we're here for you, man - who, when he played Hansel in "Zoolander," said these words:

"I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what product I'm selling? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot."

That's the attitude that I try to bring to Celebritology every day, and I'm really so very honoured that you recognize that.

Thanks again.

Posted by: Celebritology "Comment Of The Week" Award-Winner byoolin | August 27, 2007 11:51 AM | Report abuse

*blush*

Posted by: byoolin | August 27, 2007 11:52 AM | Report abuse

I for one wouldn't be shocked that the viewership of HSM2 was older men - the show's debut was highly, highly anticipated among several gay men I work with (all over age 30). They're still talking about the show and Zac Efron and his dreamy "technicolor blue" eyes in particular....

Posted by: vjl | August 27, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Congratulations byoolin! No one deserves this more than you...well except maybe me, but I digress. Please enjoy your 15 minutes and stay out of trouble, don't want to read about you in and out of rehab.

Posted by: st.louis (navin johnson) | August 27, 2007 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Looking forward to the new Project Runway & the new Tim Gunn show.

Posted by: Bored @ home | August 27, 2007 12:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm lucky in that my posse isn't simply a bunch of enablers who let me get away with whatever foolish ideas come into my head. Heck, they don't even let me choose the radio station when we drive to the grocery store.

So I won't go to rehab, no, no, no. (But if you need something from Kroger, let me know, know, know.)

Posted by: byoolin | August 27, 2007 12:45 PM | Report abuse

It isn't explicitly stated, but is Tim Gunn no longer with/employed by Parsons?

Posted by: DC | August 27, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse

On an unrelated note, it looks like Vick is following the Paris Hilton school of atonement

Quote from his recent press conference

He said, "Through this situation I've found Jesus."

Posted by: MGC | August 27, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

In a related development, Jesus is being treated at an area hospital for multiple dog bites.

Posted by: byoolin | August 27, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Jesus was there all the time, Michael. He was just waiting his turn at the betting window. And by the way, Big J. put down $20 on a 9-5 shot involving your ejection from the afterlife.

Posted by: Helena Handbasket | August 27, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Y'all rock with your brilliant biting humor. Thanks, much needed on a Hella Day.

Posted by: in awe of the posters | August 27, 2007 1:14 PM | Report abuse

the one thing stood out in michael vick's statement is his talking in the third person. was he astrally projecting or something? why can't he just say, "i need to make ME a better person," rather than "I need to make Mike Vick a better person."
that irks methinks to no end.

Posted by: methinks | August 27, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

H3 thinks methinks needs to make methinks a better person. Or if methinks has a plan to make H3 a better person, that would be fine, too. Or if anybody here has a plan to make Michael Vick a better person, I think you should go ahead and implement it.

Posted by: h3 | August 27, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

hopefully those awful peta people can now go back to their lives......oh that's right, they don't have one.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I loved the editorial in the Post that said dog fighting was no worse than horse racing or eating a steak.
Next time a horse or steak gets out of its pen and mauls some one to death, I'll agree.

Posted by: POS | August 27, 2007 1:39 PM | Report abuse

in keeping w/the pit bull/dogfighting thread, the story on today's morning mix about rapper DMX having a dozen pit bulls taken from his home in phoenix, three pit bull bodies were also dug up.
i realize it's a question of taste, whether or not you like pit bulls but i can't for the life of me see why on earth does anyone want one pit bull let alone 12. or 15.
unless...you don't suppose rapper DMX was involved in dogfighting? no. never.

Posted by: methinks | August 27, 2007 2:01 PM | Report abuse

hey, ya'll this goes back to prior topic:

Posted by: JL | August 27, 2007 2:03 PM | Report abuse

JL, what are you implying w/that link...obesity levels?? how dare you!

Posted by: methinks | August 27, 2007 2:08 PM | Report abuse

more pics from Brangelina in NYC. those are cute kids http://jezebel.com/gossip/snap-judgment/what-a-daddys-girl-zahara-mimics-brads-mouth-293635.php

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2007 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Why, why, why do the rest of us even bother to comment? Byoolin will top us with a spot on comment every time.

Don't forget the little people you left behind.

Posted by: ep | August 27, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

hey, POS, I think I saw that movie! Where the steak mauls someone to death? In cahoots with the breadbasket.

Though it was Japanese and subtitled, so I might have misintepreted something...

Posted by: LE | August 27, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

hey 2:24, thanks for the jezebel link. but i find myself wondering once again, do these pitt/jolie children know how to walk? they are carried ALL THE TIME.

Posted by: methinks | August 27, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

true, but look how many people push their children in strollers 99% of the time. We don't think that is odd, so much, but it is less noticeable than the kids' being carried. Also, it was about 95 and humid in NY last week (I live here in NYC), and I'll bet the kids were hot and tired and playing the "become deadweight hanging onto daddy's hand and refusing to move legs" game.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2007 2:45 PM | Report abuse

but yes, parents use strollers and carrying way too much. Hey, a connection to the obesity thing!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

sure, sure. i understand hot, tired kids, but you rarely see those children photographed in strollers or walking. they are carried most of the time that *we* see them.
that said, i realize safety might be an issue for them. as i always tell my children, 'they's crazy folks out there.'

Posted by: methinks | August 27, 2007 2:51 PM | Report abuse

good points, methinks, I agree.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2007 2:58 PM | Report abuse

congrats, byoolin.

of course, let us all remember that johnny cash did not, in fact, shoot anyone, in reno or elsewhere, for any reason or for no reason. other than getting busted for some pills in his guitar case coming back from mexico, johnny was in life one of the least "outlaw" of all the outlaws. and lest we think it a modern trend, the bust did lead him to enter "rehab".

Posted by: OD | August 27, 2007 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Apropos of nothing, I think Suri is way cuter than Shiloh.

Posted by: KG | August 27, 2007 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Of course Johnny didn't shoot anyone. His alibi - that he was in Jackson at the time - stood up under cross-examination. Defence proved he was fighting with his father about his birth name.

Posted by: byoolin | August 27, 2007 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Johnny never fought his father in re his name. That was Shel Silverstein. Johnny was just the one to sing about the experience for him.

Posted by: OD | August 27, 2007 5:32 PM | Report abuse

My name is Elena. To me of 20 years.
I would like to get acquainted with you if you not against.
I Look forward to hear you soon with impatience. Adult Dating[url=http://toplop.com/?idAff=59]Adult Dating[/url]

Posted by: datindfre | August 28, 2007 5:02 AM | Report abuse

Elena, of course we looking forward to get acquainted. We are with impatience hoping to meet.

Perhaps we are to having of drinks and of teaching you writing English and how to not spamming on nice family website.

Posted by: byoolin | August 28, 2007 5:37 AM | Report abuse

wut"s up??

Posted by: Mariana | September 4, 2007 11:23 PM | Report abuse

Google

Posted by: fqcfm | September 24, 2007 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Google

Posted by: fqcfm | September 24, 2007 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Google

Posted by: fqcfm | September 24, 2007 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Google

Posted by: keibs | September 25, 2007 6:38 PM | Report abuse

A fantastic site, and brilliant effort. A great piece of work. zzAzzXX

Posted by: Alfred | January 12, 2008 2:52 AM | Report abuse