Posted at 7:44 AM ET, 08/13/2007

Morning Mix: Spears Assistant Served by K-Fed

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Britney Spears's cousin/assistant subpoenaed by Kevin Federline... Merv Griffin dies of prostate cancer at 82 | Appreciation | Photos... Baby Spice Emma Bunton welcomes baby boy Beau... TomKat take Suri to the Berlin Zoo... Christina Applegate officially divorced from Jonathan Schaech... America Ferrera house-hunting with boyfriend... David Beckham hits D.C. nightspot following Galaxy loss to United.

Rumor Mill: British tabloid says Amy Winehouse is not in rehab, no, no, no... Paris Hilton's on-again, off-again bosom is on again... Nicole Richie spotted buying Rogaine for women... Ashton Kutcher goes into the closet to research upcoming role... Eric Clapton's ex says she had fling with George Harrison following death of four-year-old son... Corey Haim and Corey Feldman reuniting for "Lost Boys 2"... Spice Girl Melanie Brown's new husband wanted in New Jersey animal cruelty case; Brown's mother calls marriage a "mistake"... Angelina Jolie househunts solo in Los Angeles.

Say What?
"The first time I went to that orphanage, I was 16. I remember holding this baby who was found in a dumpster. I wanted to adopt him right then and there. I was like, 'Dad, can I have him for my birthday, please?'" -- Jessica SImpson on her lifelong commitment to missionary work (fourth item)

By Liz Kelly  | August 13, 2007; 7:44 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Scary Spice Calls Eddie Murphy 'Disrespectful'
Next: Celebritology 101: Vacation Tips from the Stars

Comments

I loved the lost boys, such a mistake to make a sequal and a bigger mistake for the two coreys to star in it.

Posted by: Irish girl | August 13, 2007 9:08 AM | Report abuse

"Years ago I asked my dad for a boob job and he said it would cheapen my image. So I decided not to do it."

The only way Paris could "cheapen her image" would be to dress like Britney and turn tricks on Hollywood Boulevard.

Posted by: mark | August 13, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

That Jessica Simpson quote makes me laugh out loud. Am I bad?

Posted by: rockville | August 13, 2007 9:35 AM | Report abuse

rockville, laughing out loud is the only appropriate reaction to that statement.

Posted by: byoolin | August 13, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Liz, Terrence Howard is turning out to be a hoot! Look at this bit (fourth item at
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-08-13/ ).

"Terrence Howard refuses to date women who don't use moistened tissue on visits to the toilet - as they are "not completely clean." The Oscar-nominated actor... even goes to the trouble of advising any partners to make the switch to baby wipes if they don't already use them. He tells Elle magazine, "If they're using dry paper, they aren't washing all of themselves. It's just unclean....[a]nd if she doesn't make the adjustment to baby wipes, I'll know she's not completely clean.""

Posted by: byoolin | August 13, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Odd... after the Terrence Howard bit, I keep hearing the chorus of Pink Floyd's "Young Lust" in my head.

Posted by: byoolin | August 13, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Terrence, ever hear of a bidet?

Posted by: st.louis | August 13, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Terrence Howard is a total weirdo anal misogynist. I don't see the rest of us commenting on what he does with his private parts.

Posted by: POS | August 13, 2007 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Does Terrance use these moistened tissues? Because it goes both ways buddy.

Mel B's new hubby seems to have all kinds of issues. Mistake might be putting it lightly.

Ahhhh Jessica, you are the gift that keeps on giving. I had a case of the Mondays until I read that quote.

Posted by: petal | August 13, 2007 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Are we back on Terrence Howard? That was so last week. And besides, nothing wrong with using baby wipes on your tushy.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2007 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Are we still on Terrence Howard? That was so last week. And besides, nothing wrong with using baby wipes on your tushy.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

I may be pathologically naive, but it strikes me as possible that Jessica Simpson was looking back at her 16-year-old self with humor. She hasn't actually adopted a kid, you know? Or gotten pregnant by a back-up dancer. Or any of the random, poorly thought out things that a young woman with more money than sense might do.
I said some pretty retarded stuff when I was 16, and, if I'm in a good mood or I have a few beers in me, I'll repeat them in public.
And then, and this is key, laugh.

Posted by: Once again, I defend the crazy people | August 13, 2007 11:30 AM | Report abuse

So let's see, Mel B's new hubby changed his name to Belafonte for publicity after dating one of Harry's daughters, abused the mother of his child, and is wanted in NJ for beating a duck to death. I don't know why Mel's mum thinks this marriage is a mistake.

Posted by: I'm shocked, just shocked | August 13, 2007 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Once again -
I don't know where you get the strength. Really.

It's like Jeffrey Dahmer's mother saying, "Jeff, I've told you before I don't like your friends," and having her son reply, "Then just eat the vegetables, mom."

Posted by: Helena Handbasket | August 13, 2007 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Wow, who knew George Harrison would hold a grudge so long & be so vindictive?

Interesting that we didn't hear about it until after Harrison died.

But, I suppose losing a kid would make one do all kinds of things.

Posted by: Bored @ home | August 13, 2007 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Don't know if comparing a 16 year old humanitarian to a serial cannibal is a good thing.

Posted by: Irishgirl74 | August 13, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

i have to agree on the jeffrey dahmer humor. in my book, there is no humor there.
jessica simpson, however, is just a living, breathing laugh track. and humanitarian? uh, no.

Posted by: methinks | August 13, 2007 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Why b/c she doesn't run around breaking up marriages and adopting kids?

Posted by: Irishgirl74 | August 13, 2007 4:41 PM | Report abuse

George Harrison was hot, up until the end. May he rest in peace.

Posted by: POS | August 13, 2007 9:01 PM | Report abuse

OMG, I feel totally sick hearing that psycho Melanie Brown has admitted to beating a duck to death. He needs to be locked up for the rest of his life and throw away the key, the sick nutcase.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 14, 2007 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Oops, I meant "that psycho Melanie Brown has MARRIED" ...

A duck. I hope karma works soon on that guy...

Posted by: Anonymous | August 14, 2007 1:14 PM | Report abuse