Posted at 7:57 AM ET, 08/ 9/2007

Morning Mix: K-Fed Makes Move for Custody of Kids

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Scary Spice Melanie Brown cancels Larry King interview after news of secret marriage leaks online... Amy Winehouse hospitalized for "exhaustion"... Jack White and wife welcome second child, son Henry Lee White... Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton expecting second child... Kelly Osbourne and Kimberly Stewart say no to reality... Mick Jagger releasing solo "best of" album... Courtney Love thanks cupcakes for 10-pound weight gain... Jennifer Lopez wins $545,000 from first husband... Luciano Pavarotti hospitalized... Michael Vick dog chew toys rushed into production (third item).

Pix: Rod Stewart sports super-tight swim trunks... Bronzed Gwyneth Paltrow graces cover of W magazine... Sarah Jessica Parker shows off muscular arms.

Rumor Mill: Kevin Federline making a move for primary custody of kids... Bruce Willis dating former Playboy Playmate... Chris Noth signs on to "Sex and the City" movie (sixth item)... Former bodyguard blames Lindsay Lohan's parents... Usher's mom skipped singer's weekend wedding to Tameka Foster... Katie Couric gets her song on at Nantucket piano bar.

List: E! Online says these 10 characters are Hollywood's best onscreen womanizers.

By Liz Kelly  | August 9, 2007; 7:57 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Spears Parties Hearty With College Kid
Next: Morning Mix: Scary Spice Calls Eddie Murphy 'Disrespectful'

Comments

thank you, liz, for starting off my day with a picture of daniel craig in a swimsuit. bless you, bless you.

Posted by: methinks | August 9, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Too early in the morning for the Rod Stewart photo...I think I threw up in a mouth a little. Sorry, methinks, even the Daniel Craig photo couldn't help and I loves me some Daniel Craig.

Posted by: st.louis | August 9, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse

i'd been waiting for the 'we havent had a courtney love story in a week' story... and there it is... as pointless and uninteresting as the rest of them. Liz, can you replace them with other equally interesting news items - you know - like 'Tara Reid runs out of smokes, goes to 7-11' or '412 days till Carter USM reunion tour'...

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | August 9, 2007 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Poor Lindsay. I totally buy that bodyguard's story. Her parents are criminally abusive.

Posted by: Alison in TN | August 9, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

I'm somehow amused by the thought of a child growing up in a Burton-Carter household. Spiders, Nightmare Before Christmas models and other funky goth accouterments all over the place.

Posted by: Joseph J. Finn | August 9, 2007 10:21 AM | Report abuse

another comment:
scary spice...didnt she say that she and eddie planned the pregnancy and they were committed to each other and that was, what?, less than a year ago? and now she's married to someone whom she's "deeply in love with"? i'm not sure she understands what that phrase means. how does one go from being committed enough to a man that she would plan a pregnancy with him then marry someone else a year later? i guess it's the rarified air of celebrityland that enables that sort of "love" and "commitment".

Posted by: methinks | August 9, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

-There is nothing sadder than a sixty year old man trying to be 25. Rod, please stop.

-Since Amy Winehouse is hospitalized, I hope she gets her teeth fix. I can't stand bad teeth on celebrities.

Posted by: Lisa1 | August 9, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Bad teeth are an English trademark; it's a pride thing I guess. I hope AW puts on a few pounds, she's scary skinny!

Posted by: Stick | August 9, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

"Jennifer Lopez has been awarded nearly $545,000 in her legal battle with first hubby Ojani Noa, who planned to publish a tell-all that claimed J.Lo cheated on him during their marriage....."

Ummm, why? My ex can say whatever he wants about me and don't people write tell alls all the time.

Yes, bring on the "Invasion" movie. I love Danial Craig as well. methinks if I lived in DC we could go together, but alas, I don't.

Please give the back up dancer the babies or better yet, send them to Kansas City and I will adopt them!

Posted by: Irishgirl74 | August 9, 2007 10:53 AM | Report abuse

That E! list was terrible. Utterly atrocious. Leaving out the fact that it included Eugene Levy and Stifler, who in their right mind picks ROGER MOORE as the sexiest, most womanizing Bond? You have GOT to be kidding me.

Posted by: Whaaa? | August 9, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

To be totally off topic here, but did anyone else who oringally thought that K-Fed should NEVER get custody of the Brit Pack now find themselves hoping he does? Man I hope it's not just me because then I'll have to revoke all my Celebritolgy privlages.

Posted by: Melissa | August 9, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

I hope he does, too. Strangely, he seems like the more mature adult here. Well, I guess, most people do when compared to Britney.

Posted by: Agrees with Melissa | August 9, 2007 12:02 PM | Report abuse

wow someone announces their pregnancy with out months of speculation about a baby bump. how odd

Posted by: Anonymous | August 9, 2007 12:15 PM | Report abuse

The E! online photo of Warren Beatty in his prime just made my day! I agree with several on that list, notably Beatty and Hugh Grant in "Bridget Jones' Diary." I especially love the part when he has just been knocked out in a fight, is covered in blood and broken glass, and is still trying to get Bridget in the sack.

Posted by: POS | August 9, 2007 12:18 PM | Report abuse

From the looks of the pix I've seen of Courtney Love lately, she could use a MORE of those cupcakes.

Good for Kelly Osbourne & Kim Stewart for making good decision.

And as for Kim's dad Rod, I think he looks pretty good for a 62 year old man in a Speedo. Better than most 62 year old men I know.

I wouldn't say KFed is the more mature one, he's just got better people advising him & he probably isn't quite as messed up in the head as Britney.

Posted by: Bored @ hom | August 9, 2007 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I agree with Melissa. To me, Brit typifies the "instant gratification" seeking behavior so common among her generation. I recall seeing a Barbra Walters interview with her that took place just before or when she just started dating K-Fed. She had on this big diamond ring, which BW asked about. Brit said she really, really wanted to get married and be a young, hot mom with lots of kids. I thought it weird and somewhat desperate sounding, wanting to get married so young and take on so much responsibility so soon. Now, it seems like she wants to live the single life like most people her age. Sorry to say but she appears to be very dim, even when compared to K-Fed. At least he probably has a high-school degree.

Posted by: vjl | August 9, 2007 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Gwyneth Paltrow does not look like herself. She actually looks healthy in that picture! Too bad I still hate her.

Agreed, K-Fed should get the kids. Maybe he is so irresponsible that he will just hire someone else to raise them. Lets hope anyway.

Amy Winehouse needs a feeding tube and braces while visiting the hospital!

Posted by: SF | August 9, 2007 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and whats with the naked girl tatto on Amy Winehouse? Who does stuff like that?
She's odd...

Posted by: SF | August 9, 2007 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Say what you will about Amy Winehouse, but anyone who writes a song call F*@k Me Pumps can't be all bad. Unfortunately I can not find it in the U.S., only on her record company's website.

Posted by: st.louis | August 9, 2007 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I'm getting the feeling that Britney doesn't really want responsibility for the children at this point, and she's doing these things (either consciously or subconsiously) to sabotage the custody hearing. K-Fed should get custody of the kids--and probably even the dogs!

Posted by: sen | August 9, 2007 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Mel B. and the secret marriage? perhaps this is why Eddie was initially skeptical of paternity.
Rod Stewart isn't totally gross for his age but he should know that very few men can pull off the tight swim trunks look- leave that look to hotties like Daniel Craig.
That pic of Gwyneth looks great - I barely recognized her; kinda like the bronze look for her.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but K-fed sounds like he is a better parent than his ex- not to be too judgmental (I've made plenty of mistakes w/my nearly 2 yr old son) but taking these kids out when clearly they need AND want to be in bed is nuts- especially since she'll have to deal w/the wrath of cranky toddlers who did not get sufficient sleep. I really think she has untreated post-partum depression and should let K-fed take custody until she get better.

Posted by: plamar1031 | August 9, 2007 1:47 PM | Report abuse

A song called F@ck me Pumps doesnt sound very original.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 9, 2007 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Oh I am so grateful that so many people think K-Fed is the better parent. That just goes to show that I am not alone in loonyville ;+) Now all we have to do is wait for the tell all books to hit the shelves. How long do you think before Sean learns to write?

Posted by: Melissa | August 9, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

> A song called F@ck me Pumps doesnt sound > very original

Why? Who recorded it before Amy?

Seriously ...

> Unfortunately I can not find it in the
> U.S.,

It's on her first album titled "Frank"

Posted by: TonyR | August 9, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

The E list is a joke. Roger Moore is so stiff he looks embalmed in the Bond Movies
Matthew McConaughey looks dirty and funky in Dazed and Confused. The other men are not worthy mentioning; then again E's Reel Girl doesn't look too hot either.

Posted by: MD | August 9, 2007 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Holy smokes, I didn't even recognize Gwyneth on the cover of W!

SJP's arms are way too veiny and masculine-looking, although they're still not as scary-looking as Madonna's, who I think looks more and more masculine each time I see a photo of her.

Exhaustion? Ahem. Right. Maybe while she's in the hospital, the staff will wash Amy Winehouse's hair and feed her.

Never thought I'd see the day when K-Fed looks like the sane one of that pair ... what's the world coming to?! (And BTW, kudos to Ellen Pompeo for criticizing the media coverage of the Idiot Brigade.)

Posted by: Californian | August 9, 2007 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton has 7 chihuahuas now ... time to call the ASPCA on this collector!!! Poor dogs!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 9, 2007 2:34 PM | Report abuse

methinks, sadly I see that same kind of behavior all the time amongst regular folk -- it's not just celebrities who don't know the difference between love and lust, commitment and infatuation. So many people jump right into a "serious relationship", living together or even marriage shortly after getting out of one relationship/marriage. They don't know how to be by themselves.

Posted by: Californian | August 9, 2007 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Whoa, damn nice guns, SJP! That girl's been hitting the gym HARD.

Incidentally, did anyone else see the photo of Madonna, next to the one of Sara Jessica?? Dear gawd, Madge looks really unhealthy - like 10 miles of bad road!

Posted by: MisterBear | August 9, 2007 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Rehab for Amy after suspected drug overdose

Amy Winehouse is on the verge of checking into rehab, a close friend said today. The 23-year-old singer is 'seriously considering' the move after emergency treatment in a London hospital for a suspected overdose

Posted by: On same Madonna/SJP link... | August 9, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Seriously...

People have been talking about f@ck Me pumps since Sex and the City. Putting that conversation to music is not original..it's dumb, just like Amy Win-o's huge retro hair.

seriously...

Posted by: To TonyR | August 9, 2007 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Actually, f@ck me pumps predates Sex and the City. The term is not new at all.

Posted by: Moodring1908 | August 9, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Re. f@ck me pumps...First I'm hearing of it today!! LOL...

Posted by: WDC | August 9, 2007 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Well, I think the first time I heard Jamie Foxx said it and, yeah, it was a while ago. Not new.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 9, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

I can just see the nurses removing Amy's hair piece. I wonder if it is "exhausted" too.
What did they do to Gwynneth? I know they dyed her eyebrows brown, but also her mouth is totally different. Kind of like Catherine Zeta-Jones these days....a little plumping maybe? Maybe they siphon the fat off their butts and inject it in their faces.

Posted by: POS | August 9, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Boots! It's F-me boots!

Posted by: Em | August 9, 2007 3:50 PM | Report abuse

So they wanted her to go to rehab, and she said....yeah, I probably should.

Posted by: NY, NY | August 9, 2007 5:06 PM | Report abuse

i've only ever heard F@#k me boots.... the pumps one is new to me, but i guess it works too :)

Posted by: Anonymous | August 9, 2007 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Looks like Britney may be worried about losing the kids. http://therecshow.com/2007/08/09/dear-rec-show/

Posted by: eric | August 9, 2007 10:14 PM | Report abuse