Posted at 7:41 AM ET, 08/ 6/2007

Morning Mix: Lindsay Lohan Reportedly on Long Island

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Usher marries Tameka Foster... Man dies after mauling by Ving Rhames dogs... Mia Farrow offers her freedom in exchange for imprisoned Darfur rebel... TomKat cause photo frenzy in Saint-Tropez... Sarah Gilbert and partner welcome second child... Eddie Murphy acknowleges paternity of Melanie Brown baby... Two new James Brown children identified... Ghost writer says O.J. Simpson signed off on book... Madonna's Malawi adoption plans hit snag... Ewan McGregor completes 15,000-mile motorcycle journey... Mena Suvari shaves her head.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan hiding out on Long Island (Or, wait, is it Utah?), planning reunion with dad... The Brangelina-in-trouble rumor pot continues to simmer... Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards re-ignite custody battle... Insouciant Gwyneth Paltrow fights wrinkles with snake venom.

By Liz Kelly  | August 6, 2007; 7:41 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Best High School Flicks
Next: Morning Mix: Britney Hits Parked Car

Comments

RE: Mena Suvari.

I had a friend who was really pretty but got tired of guys treating her like a sex-kitten/sex-pot/sex-object. She shaved her head and now, after it's grown back, has dreadlocks. She works in public law and let's just say I don't think gets promotions based on her looks.

Maybe I can kind of sympathize with Mena. After all, she's still getting stalked (or else there wouldn't be these pictures).

But I suppose a lot has to do with context. Mena may not be going to law school...

Posted by: Bogota | August 6, 2007 10:49 AM | Report abuse

RE: Rehab

Do you think that these "celebrities" would get better treatment if the rehabs were in some inner city like Newark? From the looks of these country club/spas/rehabs, its no wonder people fall off the wagon so soon.
No disrespect to Newark

Posted by: TimDz | August 6, 2007 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Where are all the dueling comments about Brangelina? Come on... I need to see you guys ARGUE this morning...

Posted by: Margo | August 6, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

"No disrespect to Newark"

Yeah, considering there was an execution style murder there this weekend in which three of four college students died.

Posted by: Oops | August 6, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I truly wonder if Angelina and Brad are going through stuff.... ive been seeing alot of that lately... more so than normal... i can see her getting ugly...I wonder.

Posted by: dolly72 | August 6, 2007 11:24 AM | Report abuse

The Eddie Murphy link leads to a TomKat story.

Posted by: what about Eddie? | August 6, 2007 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Ms. Suvari shaved her head for a movie role? (Nevertheless, if I looked that great with a crew cut I'd cut all mine off, too.)

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 12:00 PM | Report abuse

to anonymous person at noon,
Amen to that! I wish I could buzz my hair off and be done with it.

Posted by: other liz | August 6, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

"Usher marries Tameka Foster"

So was the usher at Ms. Foster's wedding the guy who performed the ceremony? Or was it the groom who was also the usher? Couldn't they afford a minister and an usher? Next you'll be telling me that the usher also sang at the reception.

Posted by: Helena Handbasket | August 6, 2007 12:40 PM | Report abuse

"Two new James Brown children identified..."

I'm betting either Angelina Jolie or Madonna had something to do with this. In any case, let's hope that Papa's brand new bag is finally empty.

Posted by: niceFLguy | August 6, 2007 12:47 PM | Report abuse

wel, the Godfather of Soul has a long way to go to catch up with Bob Marley (aka, father to about half of Jamaica), but he made a good effort it seems.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

"Two new James Brown children identified..."

Oh goodie, just enough so that Angelina can adopt one and Madonna can adopt the other.

Posted by: VoR | August 6, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

12:59 - you made me laugh! Gives "father of his nation" a whole new meaning...

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Per Mena Suvari -

I shaved my head once, though it was for a dino dig (when you have to carry your water in in jerricans for eating and drinking, bathing is regrettably low on the priority list...).

But I will say that when it grew back a few months later (my hair grows an inch per month), it was soft and really manageable, and it was hardly "problem" hair before. Maybe she's just fed up with bad hair treatments or something and getting a fresh start.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | August 6, 2007 1:33 PM | Report abuse

I had read somewhere else he was up to 20-something, but Wikipedia says the following (for whatever that is worth)

Bob Marley had 13 children: three with his wife Rita, two adopted from Rita's previous relationships, and the remaining eight with separate women.[8] His children are, in order of birth:

Imani Carole, born May 22, 1963, to Cheryl Murray;
Sharon, born November 23, 1964, to Rita in previous relationship;
Cedella Marley born August 23, 1967, to Rita;
David "Ziggy", born October 17, 1968, to Rita;
Stephen, born April 20, 1972, to Rita;
Robert "Robbie", born May 16, 1972, to Pat Williams;
Rohan, born May 19, 1972, to Janet Hunt;
Karen, born 1973 to Janet Bowen;
Stephanie, born August 17, 1974; according to Cedella Booker she was the daughter of Rita and a man called Ital with whom Rita had an affair; nonetheless she was acknowledged as Bob's daughter;
Julian, born June 4, 1975, to Lucy Pounder;
Ky-Mani, born February 26, 1976, to Anita Belnavis;
Damian, born July 21, 1978, to Cindy Breakspeare;
Makeda, born May 30, 1981, to Yvette Crichton.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 1:44 PM | Report abuse

re mena's American History X look... not good. i wonder which aging poorly out of the limelight starlet will be next to the 'if i shave my head people will notice me' banquet. Tara Reid? Star Jones? Clay Aiken?

Then again - imagine the girl who shaves her head and no one cares. Wont they label that a 'cry for help' at the funeral? Eskimo indeed....

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | August 6, 2007 2:34 PM | Report abuse

I read about some model who married a publisher who had 5 kids with his first wife and now 4 kids with her. And there's Kevin Federline, 5 kids and counting. Are some men so insecure that they believe their machoness/virility/whatever is judged by the number of offspring they produce?

That aside from the question of who on earth would sleep with JAMES BROWN for crying out loud?

The snake venom thing really bugs me. I thought Gwyneth Paltrow was an animal lover, and it sickens me that snakes are killed for some ridiculous "beauty treatment". As if injecting botulism into one's face wasn't gross enough. Whatever happened to aging gracefully?

Posted by: Californian | August 6, 2007 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I was just about to post on the snake venom, too. Shoes are one thing, and you cannot despise people for that, but killing purely for vanity's sake is revolting, especially when there are a ton of vegan/non-animal-tested products out there that work beautifully.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

K-Fed is 4 children, no? 2 with prior gf and two with Britney?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 2:47 PM | Report abuse

What the heck? All we get is Morning Mix today? Liz, wasn't your vacation over weeks ago?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 2:56 PM | Report abuse

To Californian @2:44 and Anonymous @ 2:46, Snakes aren't killed to milk their venom. They're kept in captivity and milked on a regular basis just like cows (thanks Animal Planet) That's where antivenin (sp?) comes from.

Posted by: soso | August 6, 2007 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Snakes are not killed for their venom, they are milked so there isn't any harm done to them. Milking is done all the time, they milk the snakes to get venom so they can make anti-venom medicines all the time. I have watched several documentaries on the subject. The milkers are in more danger than the snakes!

Posted by: MLF | August 6, 2007 3:14 PM | Report abuse

sorry, but keeping animals in cages and subjecting them to regular interference for cosmetics is not my idea of OK

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Snake venom can be "milked"; the snake doesn't die... not that I'd want it on my face anyway.

Posted by: m.a. | August 6, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Sorry. I was composing my post as MLF was posting.

Posted by: m.a. | August 6, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

And soso too. Just saw that post.

Posted by: m.a. | August 6, 2007 3:20 PM | Report abuse

guys, chill. the snake thing was in the RUMOR mill section of the blog... those links are basically all to tabloids, online and print... haven't we all learned that by now? (and yes, I'm counting PAGE 6 as a TABLOID) You can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Milking snakes is stressful for them, so says the late Steve Irwin.
And why didn't Ewan take Lilo on his motorcycle trip? As a recovering alcoholic he probably could tell her a thing or two as she saw horrible poverty and Unicef centers in Africa. Better than snorting coke and wrecking the Mercedes.

Posted by: POS | August 6, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

i'm guessing the fact that the mia farrow for darfur dissident swap wasn't commented on means that no one really cares.
sorry mia.
that's what happens when you're a mediocre actress whose greatest claim to fame was losing her former lover to her adopted daughter. meow!

Posted by: methinks | August 6, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

The Mia thing wasn't commented on because it was just BS. She is not going REALLY going to swap places with that guy. Puh-leez!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 3:39 PM | Report abuse

no. i think it's because no one cares what happens to mia, BS or not!

Posted by: methinks | August 6, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Yes, that too.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, Liz, get off your ass and do some work!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 3:53 PM | Report abuse

It wasn't commented on because the kidnappers were like "Mia Farrow, heck no!!! What if she brings all them adopted kids with her?" She was the original Angelina.

Posted by: ep | August 6, 2007 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Getting milk from COWS is terribly harmful to the animal (and fuels other industries like veal, beef). I doubt snake milk is a walk in the park for snakes.

Agreed the rumor mill links to the Enquirer are oddly out of place for the Post. But I'm still having trouble understanding the worth of this gossip section anyway.

Oh and it's SARA Gilbert.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Mia's thing is weird and creepy. We get offers here like that periodically: "oh, take me and give back my kid." Very occasionally the warm-hearted kidnappers agree - and then they keep the replacement AND the kid!

People who make the offer can be pretty sure they won't have to deliver. Especially Mia. Sounds like either headline-grabbing or a quasi-suicidal cry for help. Didn't interest me all that much either way.

Posted by: Bogota | August 6, 2007 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Oh - and we ALL KNOW that Liz just put that snake item in there so she could use the word "insouciant" again. We all love that word. Look: Insouciant!
Way to go, Liz! Rock on.

Posted by: Bogota | August 6, 2007 4:28 PM | Report abuse

from anonymous poster at 4:25pm:

"But I'm still having trouble understanding the worth of this gossip section anyway.

Oh and it's SARA Gilbert."

Nice -- celebrity spelling lessons from the person who doesn't understand the point of a celebrity gossip blog. Either this was a really, really sly and subtle jab at all the "intellectuals" who complain about the frivolous nature of this blog, or someone needs a lesson in irony. Either way, I'm giggling.

Posted by: VoR | August 6, 2007 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Nah, I don't mind the frivolity. I mind the fact that it's frivolity lifted completely from other sources and without a lot of journalistic integrity. So yeah, just linking to an article about Sara Gilbert and getting her name wrong to boot....what's so great about that to put it in the Post?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 6:09 PM | Report abuse