Posted at 8:01 AM ET, 08/14/2007

Morning Mix: O.J. Simpson's Book Finds New Publisher

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: It's August in California: O.J. Simpson's book finds new publisher... Time for Britney Spears to wear big furry boots with the price tag still attached... Orlando Bloom named Britain's most eligible bachelor... Van Halen (complete with David Lee Roth) reunites for tour... Donnie and Marie Osmond, together again... George Michael starts community service for DUI bust.

Rumor Mill: Brangelina planning next adoption?... Paris Hilton can thank crisis management team for new image... Lindsay Lohan's presence irritates fellow rehabbers... Rep denies Colin Farrell's girlfriend is pregnant... Mary-Kate Olsen and Sir Ben Kingsley make out in new movie.

By Liz Kelly  | August 14, 2007; 8:01 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebritology 101: Vacation Tips from the Stars
Next: For Britney, Five Truths Worth Knowing

Comments

Best new word of the year is in the Paris bit: it refers to her as "the ditzy heirhead."

Posted by: byoolin | August 14, 2007 8:21 AM | Report abuse

On 8/10, you post a link to Jane P's take on Lindsay in rehab from Insider. On 8/13, you post the US republication of the same material. I do not recall seeing a link, however, to the stories undercutting Jane P as a disgruntled early departure from Cirque.

Posted by: mark | August 14, 2007 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Mark -- I added this US version because it includes new info about LL's presence disrupting other patients' lives. The fact that the sked from Jane is also included here is incidental.

Posted by: Liz | August 14, 2007 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Of course she's disgruntled; gruntled people don't dish!

Posted by: Stick | August 14, 2007 8:54 AM | Report abuse

I like this outfit Britney is wearing. The blouse, hat and boots are cute while the shorts so much.

Posted by: Lisa1 | August 14, 2007 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Sorry Liz, but the US story is nothing but a rewrite of the Insider piece -- including the info about the monitored phone calls and blocked computer use.

Posted by: mark | August 14, 2007 9:20 AM | Report abuse

lisa1, are you kidding? because if you're not kidding you're scaring me.
my entire day is tainted with the image of ben kingsley, freekin' gandhi, making out with mary kate olson. yuck, yuck, ewwy, yuck.

Posted by: methinks | August 14, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

The mental image of ben kingsley and mk olson completely skeeved me out, too. So, I checked IMDB, and it lists the film as In Production, with neither name being listed as attached to it. But Method Man is. Wouldn't IMDB list at least kingsley, even in the early stages of filming, if he really were attached to the film?

Posted by: Organic Gal | August 14, 2007 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Yeah. I was doing fine until I got to the Olsen/Kingsley item. Because, ew. But let me just backtrack past that mental image to say, hi, Orlando! I'm available!

Posted by: h3 | August 14, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Apparently, Angelina has given up sex with women since getting together with Brad. I can't get the link, though I tried to paste it below, but there's a video about it on Msnbc.com's website. I can't see the video, can anyone tell me what it's about?

Posted by: Kat | August 14, 2007 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Britney snags a copy of the personal motivation book, "50 Truths Worth Knowing," at an LA drugstore. She is shocked to learn Truth #1: "You're a fashion-impaired bimbo with the intellect of a small houseplant. It's time to put the constant stupidity behind you and make a real life for yourself and your children."

Posted by: Helena Handbasket | August 14, 2007 10:11 AM | Report abuse

"Paris Hilton can thank crisis management team for new image..."

Ahh, sigh. And here I thought it was a follow-up to the boob-job story.

Thanks to byoolin for the "heirhead" reference. Missed that and it's priceless.

And, Liz, puh-LEEEZ put a warning on something like the Kingsley/Olsen thing. My goodness. Ugh! Weird and distasteful, for reasons I'd be hard pressed to explain. But really, it's like totally too strong, man, wigged me out. (which, incidentally, remains the only use of "wigging" I'm familiar with. Still don't get that whole discussion of a couple weeks ago re: bling and wigging. But that's okay - I don't think I need to know. I'm too old to get it anyway...)

Posted by: Bogota | August 14, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

I'd rather make out with Ben Kingsley than Woody Allen any day.

Posted by: POS | August 14, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Kat -- the story you can't get to is probably about one of Angelina's exes -- her "Foxfire" co-star Jenny Shimizu -- who says Angie still calls her up and implied that they have a "friends with benefits" relationship.

Posted by: Liz | August 14, 2007 10:44 AM | Report abuse

The only way Paris can change her image is if she loses the hair extensions and enlists in the Marines, otherwise she will always, always be considered a ditzy heirhead.

And for the love of all that is holy, Ben Kingsley...MK Olsen. An Oscar winner and an "actress" whose only talent is being a twin. What is this world coming to?!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 14, 2007 10:48 AM | Report abuse

thanks for the osmonds link...i still loves me some donny osmond! he was my first love...those big teeth, those purple socks, the ice vanities, the puppy love.... i loved it all! i probably saw "going coconuts" 10 times. ahhh...sweet sweet memories!

Posted by: wats | August 14, 2007 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Methinks: I knew I would catch holy hell for liking Brit's outfit.

Posted by: Lisa1 | August 14, 2007 11:23 AM | Report abuse

aw, lisa1, now my heart can't take much more of this. you *were'nt* kidding?? aw geez. first ben kingsley and now *this*?!

Posted by: methinks | August 14, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I'll bet you that Ben Kingsley watched that Olsen countdown-to-legal clock just as closely as the rest of u- er, you.

Posted by: byoolin | August 14, 2007 11:36 AM | Report abuse

wats, same here, huuuuuge Donny fan. I still have the albums AND the 8-Tracks of the Osmonds & Donny & Marie.

As a matter of fact, The Osmonds were my first concert in 1970something. Still have the ticket somewhere t0o.

As for the other concert news, I will believe Van Halen is touring only after I'm leaving the venue in Roth-ed out bliss!!

Posted by: Bored @ home | August 14, 2007 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Ugh! Byoolin - bad, BAD!! I hope you have better taste than that! She/they are weird looking... and way too skinny.

Posted by: Bogota | August 14, 2007 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Bogota, if I could finally figure out the wigger references a while back, then there's hope for you, too.

It's someone with an addiction to wigs. Trust me.

I will not click on the Kingsley/Olson link, and no one can make me. I'll just assume it's a remake of Lolita.

Posted by: Cubeland, MD | August 14, 2007 12:16 PM | Report abuse

hey, all this donny and marie stuff got me thinking...you know how everything old is new again and retro is so in? how come you never hear praise for 'the carpenters'. i was a big huge carpenters fan (uh-huh, my first concert)..i had all their albums and swear i could sing just like karen in my younger days. then she had an eating disorder and died and poof! the end. no nostalgia, no nothing, and can i find my albums, no i can't because my mother probably threw them away. see if i keep *her* on the payroll anymore. but i digress...did ANYONE else like 'the carpenters,' or was it just me?

Posted by: methinks | August 14, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Cubeland. But now you have me thinking of that link Liz put in the other week to the Wiki article on genital wigs for French prostitutes with the pox or the clap I forget...

Posted by: Bogota | August 14, 2007 1:53 PM | Report abuse

OK, it's official ... Britney Spears' trailer-trash tackiness has reached the point where it's equal parts cringe-inducing and just really sad.

Is it just me, or is Angelina Jolie the most insecure, self-absorbed person ever? Why does she think people want to know about her totally weird sexual habits -- S&M? Being tied up? TMI, Angelina, TMI!!!!!!

And yeah, having yet another kid is such a tried-and-true way to help a foundering relationship! How many couples have fallen prey to that ridiculous theory? Trying to claim it's for the sake of their Ethiopian kid ... gimme a break. It's just an excuse for whack-job Jolie to indulge her neurotic collecting habit.

Posted by: The Ick Factor, squared | August 14, 2007 2:03 PM | Report abuse

I cannot imagine my Sexy Beast with an O-Twin! Although...they might be about the same weight, right?
(Yes, I know he's probably all "method" with his body, but it would be slightly less gross if they were at least around the same size.)

Posted by: miss belle | August 14, 2007 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Methinks...my college roommate had EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' Carpenter's album. Am still scarred. She also had every Abba album. I had headphones.

Posted by: IndyAnna | August 14, 2007 6:49 PM | Report abuse