Posted at 10:43 AM ET, 08/ 2/2007

Skin Deep: A Trio of Questionable Celeb Looks

By Liz Kelly

I know. You're expecting to settle in for your weekly Highbrow dose. Highbrow will return in two weeks. In the meantime, step right up for a peek at a selection of celeb-curiosities. Below, behold fashion victims, freaks of nature and unruly follicles.

Mary-Kate, Fashion Plate

(AP)

Don't look now, but here's Mary-Kate Olsen sporting yet another questionable ensemble.

This time the diminutive multi-millionaire paired the bottom half of a Morticia Addams costume with what looks to be a large mens' V-neck T-Shirt. She added the coup de grace with a massive blinged-out (sorry Kanye) cross, earning herself a title as the wackiest wardrobe mashup artist to grace the red carpet since Bai Ling.

See more of Mary-Kate's transgressions at gofugyourself.com.

Neck Hair, Anyone?

(AP)

We love Seth Rogan. He makes schlumpy cool. He added an extra bit of slacker-fab to "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," totally kicked butt in this summer's "Knocked Up" and we are counting down the days until the release of "Superbad." But Tuesday at a taping of MTV's "TRL" in New York he totally sported the never-sexy human muffler: neck hair. Talk about super bad.

Mighty Morphing Carrot Top

(Photo Illustration by Liz Kelly)

What happened to Carrot Top? Remember the late '80s, when he was a gangly, skater-ish looking "Star Search" contestant? Who could have predicted that he would someday resemble nothing so much as the love child of The Hulk and Little Orphan Annie? Sure, bulking up has a way of changing one's look, but visit this TMZ gallery for a look at how his facial structure has changed over the years.

By Liz Kelly  | August 2, 2007; 10:43 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Fashion
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Nicole Richie Says She Took Vicodin for Pain
Next: Morning Mix: The Beckham Backlash Begins

Comments

Call me crazy, but I kinda like the way the Olsen looks. At least she isn't wearing a trash bag and those pseudo-boot-heel thingies, which were the regular dress code for the twins.

And frankly, I'm not all that offended by the other two. Weak effort, Liz. There are Bai Lings allowed to roam freely on this earth and you get up in arms about a little neck fur?

Posted by: DJ | August 2, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

i think children probably have nightmares about carrot top lurking under their beds.

just sayin'

Posted by: b | August 2, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

I don't understand Carrot Tops face, specifically his eyes/eyebrows. Is he confused and wants a mans body with a womans face? All that make up is odd.

And don't the Olsen girls make enough money to buy a bra?

Posted by: SF | August 2, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

-Why can't the Olsen find clothes that fit? It is not hard to designer petite sizes.

-Carrot Top got a bad face-lift or some expired botox.

-Seth Rogan doesn't make anything cool. I saw the 40 yr old Virgin and Knocked Up and was unimpressed by him. I find him unappealing in appearance and personality. If Carrot-Top is son of Hunk, Seth Rogan is the wolf-man's dimwitted half- brother.

Posted by: Lisa1 | August 2, 2007 12:06 PM | Report abuse

I predict Carrot Top will be the next Michael Jackson face-freak.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 2, 2007 12:14 PM | Report abuse

based on my experience around athletes who have taken steroids or HGH, i would say carrot top decided to take the 'bonds route' to total body fitness.

seth rogan needs a friend to tell him that neck hair does not make the man.

and the olson twins...they're wearing bad fashion on purpose just so they'll make the columns. surely they must know how RIDICULOUS they look.

Posted by: methinks | August 2, 2007 12:16 PM | Report abuse

The Olsens remind me of bobble-head toys. Their heads are not really attached to their tiny, plastic bodies. They look like malnourished old ladies who have too many cats.
I had no idea this had happened to Carrot Top. Very strange.
In both cases, they should absolutely lose the eyeliner!!

Posted by: POS | August 2, 2007 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I prefer the Morticia Addams' dress to the skanky trash that Britney Spears, Nicole Richie, and Lindsay Lohan wear. At least the Olsen twins make an attempt at having some class.

Posted by: Tirade | August 2, 2007 12:35 PM | Report abuse

The Olsen kids would probably be cute and could carry off their wacky fashion choices if they'd just clean themselves up a little and learn to stand up straight! Their slouching, their slathered-on-with-a-garden-trowel makeup (especially the I-haven't-slept-in-a-week/druggie-looking eyes), the greasy-looking, lank, badly dyed, unstyled seaweed hair, and general appearance of being unwashed and homeless makes them look like the train wrecks they probably aren't. It also makes them look a lot older than they probably are.

Posted by: Californian | August 2, 2007 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Seth Rogen needs to realize that the Kyle Orten neckbeard never looks cool.

Posted by: Joseph J. Finn | August 2, 2007 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Mary Kate kind of looks like my cousin. My cousin is 45. Seth Rogan does not appeal to me. Carrot Top - looks like a cartoon, and not in a good way.

Posted by: WI | August 2, 2007 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Someone please wash that girl's face and comb her hair.

Just Say No to the eyeliner, Mary-Kate.

Posted by: arlington | August 2, 2007 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Shoot me in both of my knee caps, but I happen to be in love with the Olsen Twins. I think they have a very unique style and they pull off otherwise unusual outfits with ease. Maybe it's because I'm the layer queen and I absolutely adore scarfs and big clothes, pouted lips and black eyeliner...I think they are the mini moguls...very mini moguls...are classy respectable young ladies who tend to wear underwear. Who cares about a bra...I am woman hear me roar! And at least they don't walk around so coked up and inebriated that they forget how many times they crashed their luxery automobiles and been admitted to posh spas...ahem rehab centers...kudos...

As for Carrot Top: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...REAL MONSTERS...but why is it he can apply his black eyeliner better than me??

I happen to enjoy Seth Rogan...he was a likable A-Hole in Knocked Up. I just imagine me smells, and that's enough to turn me off...

Two thumbs up for Liz' spin on the Fug Girls blog!

Posted by: bean sprout | August 2, 2007 1:43 PM | Report abuse

if anything, check out the lady behind Mary Kate...what's with those gladiator boots??? What...only her toes needed to breath...C'mon lady...

Posted by: bean sprout | August 2, 2007 1:46 PM | Report abuse

I love Seth!

Posted by: Irish girl | August 2, 2007 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Got your back, Irish Girl - Seth Rogen is kinda hot. I'm OK with the hairy neck - prefer some hair to the waxed neutered look.

Carrot Top is definitely 'roided out. Ick.

Posted by: IndyAnna | August 2, 2007 2:00 PM | Report abuse

uh, since when was carrot top so buff in the arms? he had stick arms in those collect call commercials

Posted by: not bluto | August 2, 2007 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Mary-Kate's fingers look scary. Wow. Like Cruella DeVille (sp?)...

And Carrot Top definitely has issues. Isn't he on the next Surreal Life?

Posted by: WDC | August 2, 2007 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Mary-Kate looks too grotesque to be even a caricature. The only thing worse would be to see her unclothed. My blood runs cold at the thought.

Posted by: Stick | August 2, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stick | August 2, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

I can't look at the Olsen twins without thinking of troll dolls. Remarkable resemblance.

Posted by: logan | August 2, 2007 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Carrottop = HIDEDOUS

Posted by: Jed | August 2, 2007 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Breaking entertainment news: Tommy Makem, of The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem, has died of cancer.

Liz, from one Irish girl to another, can you make mention of this in tomorrow's morning mix? He was really one of the greatest musicians to come out of Ireland, and he and The Clancy Brothers did so much for folk and traditional Irish music in this country. Who doesn't love going to a rowdy sing-a-long in their local Irish pub? If it weren't for him those wouldn't exist in this country.

So Liz, my bonny lass, for all the Irish eyes that aren't smiling today, give some recognition to one of Erin's greatest musicians?
Slainte!

And now back to your regularly scheduled celebrity schadenfraude. . . .

Posted by: Charlietown | August 2, 2007 4:18 PM | Report abuse

I am sooooo over these girls who look like they just crawled out of a train wreck (pale, malnourished, eyes shocked and unfocused, spine curvature, crazy hair and runny mascara). I am just over this - get a real job and prove you have a brain rather than a botched surgery.

Rogan and the whole 40 years and knocked up crowed can kiss it. Saw both movies. The first took three sittings (the ending was satisfying but getting there was painful - kinda like sex for the first time). The second was slow and steady pain - got worse over time - kinda like labor and delivery. So I guess the boy genius behind both movies achieved his mission statement with total success.

Finally Carrot Top and his big brother Danny Bonaducci - Freaks and Steriod Geeks - bet they have no problem 'getting some' in Plastic Dollywood. But where Bonaducci is drunk with roid-rage; Carrot Top has decided to have himself surgically altered so he can play the lead in the next big bio-pick "BAD...The Micheal Jackson Story" What's a little hair dye and black face between friends?

Thanks Liz,
Feeling a little bitter today - and this bit of snark was EXACTLY what I needed!! You are truely... and like Gene, I am secretly in love with you!!!!

Posted by: Brightwood, NW, DC | August 2, 2007 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Hey Charlietown:

The Blog is called "Celebritology", not "Eulogy for Not-Well-Known Musicians, just Because He's Irish". I'm sorry for your loss and all, but, c'mon, really? As much as you may love the guy, and as influential as his music may be to you and maybe, oh, tens of other people, does his passing really qualify as celebrity news. Now, if he was seen kissing Bono (who we all know is married, and, presumably, straight), then we could talk. But, until then, no.

Sorry for the harsh, dude, just felt the need to slap a little reality into someone else's life after an especially hard day at the office. Consider this my contribution into your own personal shadenfreude. (oh, and note the spelling.)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to kick some puppies.

Posted by: Mean Spirited | August 2, 2007 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Can we talk about the fact that Michael Cera is hosting a discussion tomorrow on WP.com?!?!

Liz, after the Lost Book Club is over, can we start a letter writing campaign to bring back Arrested Development? We could send Fox truckloads of frozen bananas (ala Jericho fans who got THEIR crappy show back!)

Posted by: Alyeska | August 2, 2007 8:18 PM | Report abuse

I have to say that I really admire Mary Kate and Ashley for taking fashion risks! I am sick of hearing people who, in all likely hood, have never and will never wear anything more exciting than a black shift dress from Ann Taylor critisize people with more creativity.

Posted by: Fashion Forward | August 27, 2007 3:06 PM | Report abuse