Posted at 10:43 AM ET, 09/13/2007

Creative Captioning: Courtney Love's Celebrity Skin

By Liz Kelly

Oh Courtney, have you ever looked so used up as this? You're a rock goddess -- not only did you marry grunge martyr Kurt Cobain, but you turned out two defining albums with your own band, Hole. We want to love you, but you scare us. And, thanks to the snapshot below you've landed in a very bad place -- as the subject of this week's Creative Captioning contest.

Let me explain. Inspired by your pic, Celebritology readers will craft hilarious captions -- some innocuous, some catty, some absurd and some borderline offensive. Doubtless some tsk-tsking will take place to admonish us all for having a little bit of fun at your expense. But, hey, at least you're not wearing Comme Des Garçons (I think). The best caption will be elevated to a position of prominence here in the blahg and its writer will earn the right to tattoo his "Official Celebritology Creative Captionologist" on his (or her) pec if he (or she) so desires.

Winning entries will be announced Monday. Don't worry. I'm sure you'll live through this.

(AP)

By Liz Kelly  | September 13, 2007; 10:43 AM ET
Categories:  Creative Captioning
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Beyonce Tops Best-Dressed List
Next: Morning Mix: Spears Considering Emmy Appearance?

Comments

Liz - ya need to nudge the pic a bit to the left. We can only see half of Courtney. And goodness knows we want to see all.

Posted by: Lacie | September 13, 2007 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Lacie - just keep refreshing until the advertisements get out of the way.

Posted by: McLean | September 13, 2007 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Courtney Love auditions for "Return of the Sleestaks."

Posted by: RD Padouk | September 13, 2007 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Thanks -- the pic is fixed. A little stray html tag.

Posted by: Liz | September 13, 2007 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Courtney Love shows up at the A Midsummer Night's Dream auditions already in her fairy queen costume

Posted by: Stuck@Work | September 13, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Posessed waif sleepwalks through Mardi Gras.

Posted by: emilizzle | September 13, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Courtney Love on her way to audition as Mary Kate Olsen's mother in Disney's new family comedy "I'd Sell My Soul for Eyeliner."

Posted by: Kat | September 13, 2007 11:43 AM | Report abuse

The heck with Courtney and her drunken "Bratz" eyes, check out the gold brooch on the dude behind her.

Posted by: Cybex | September 13, 2007 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Love to replace ailing Nicks for Fleetwood Mac reunion tour.

Posted by: KiKi | September 13, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I will not be out train-wrecked by Britney Spears!

Posted by: md | September 13, 2007 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Courtney Love gives bronzing a try as the new way to preserve youth and to appear literally statuesque for eternity.

Posted by: sjcpeach | September 13, 2007 11:49 AM | Report abuse

A displeased Courtney Love prepares to fire laser beams of death from from her lifeless metallic eyes.

Posted by: Lacie | September 13, 2007 11:52 AM | Report abuse

"BRAAAAAAAINS!!!!!!"

Posted by: tamerlane | September 13, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Courtney Love demonstrates what Ashlee Simpson will look like at age 50.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | September 13, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Guy in background: "Eh, I'd still hit it...."

Posted by: M Street, D.C. | September 13, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Courtney Love returned to Earth after alien abduction.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | September 13, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

A walking study in demonology.

Posted by: Ellie79 | September 13, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Put out from he rejection from her audition for "Stardust," Courtney Love decides to try to dress the part anyway and proves the casting directors right in their decision.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 13, 2007 12:00 PM | Report abuse

1: Courtney Love's last hit of Spice from the sandworms of Arrakis kicks in.

2: Courtney Love, seen here mere moments before she became completely invisible, remains missing.

3: Rapper Kevin Federline examines an early prototype of the Sarah Jessica Parker figure at Madame Tussaud's.

4: Rounding out Mr. Blackwell's "10 Worst-Dressed List"...

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Ever closer to her quest to look like her musical idol,Janice from The Muppets, (Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayham.

Posted by: Kris from Boston | September 13, 2007 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Has Ashlee Simpson has taken her plastic surgery obsession a little too far?

Posted by: Lsht | September 13, 2007 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I posted that before I looked at the other captions. Props to ASinMoCo.

Posted by: Lsht | September 13, 2007 12:20 PM | Report abuse

In a tribute to Derek Zoolander, Courtney Love debuts her new look "Purple Haze".

Posted by: Abby | September 13, 2007 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Remember that song "I Get High..."

Posted by: Nik | September 13, 2007 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Love was heard saying to a friend, "Do they have any donuts on the buffet table? I have got such a case of the munchies."

Posted by: niceFLguy | September 13, 2007 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Hollywood campaigns against Steve Jobs: Do you really want to see this in HDTV?

Posted by: Lisa1 | September 13, 2007 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Having no reflection makes it hard to get dressed in the morning

Posted by: michael | September 13, 2007 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Courtney Love hits Rockers-as-Muppets party in guise of Janice, Electric Mayhem's lead guitarist and occasional nurse.

Posted by: CPGish | September 13, 2007 12:33 PM | Report abuse

"I can't believe I binged the hole thing."

Posted by: Right Winger | September 13, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

there it is...
once again - Liz feels compelled to hound us with her unhealthy Courtney obsession... as a result the washington post talks about courtney love more than Rolling Stone... and imo the only thing 'defining' about her albums with hole was that one could easily put up a picture of Courtney under the urbandictionary definition of the term.

i'd lob out a caption, but Byoolin's Blackwell comment wins the thread ;)

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | September 13, 2007 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Courtney Love promoting her new perfume "Teen Spirit"

Posted by: picturethis | September 13, 2007 12:39 PM | Report abuse

"I'm thinking that if my eye shadow's bold enough, no one will be looking at my hands as I sneak out the silverware inside a napkin under my purse."

Posted by: td | September 13, 2007 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Excuse me, while I kiss the sky!

Posted by: Right Winger | September 13, 2007 12:44 PM | Report abuse

It looks like she skinned Paris Hilton and is wearing her, like Buffalo Bill in Silence Of The Lambs.

Posted by: 23112 | September 13, 2007 12:45 PM | Report abuse

"Putin Nominates Obscure Official to Be Premier"

Posted by: Right Winger | September 13, 2007 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Alright no captions--but I wanted to mention that there was something going on with your posting on the chat today--I kept trying to send in a comment but when I hit send it timed out....

Its possible it was on my end but still....

Posted by: Gah! | September 13, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

I want to be the girl with the moooost Oxycontin

Posted by: Anonymous | September 13, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

I hope I can still fit into that Mermaid costume for the "Splash" remake...

Posted by: WDC 21113 | September 13, 2007 1:10 PM | Report abuse

The love child of James Van Der Beek and Orlando Bloom watches on as Courtney Love tries to remain relevant.

Posted by: KTDell | September 13, 2007 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Dee Snyder is pleased to be only a few more estrogen shots away from his final transformation into a woman.

Posted by: EBBL | September 13, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Courtney Love waits for a house to drop on her.

Posted by: b | September 13, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Courtney continues her quest to play the Goldie Hawn role in a sequel to the movie Death Becomes Her.

Posted by: Smitty | September 13, 2007 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Courtney Love appearing as the little known greek muse of overly made up celebrities.

Posted by: ep | September 13, 2007 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Courtney Love, resplendant in amethyst, with cold dead eyes reminiscent of little fish, demonstrates her need to learn how to go; how to say no.

Posted by: Violet | September 13, 2007 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Introducing Courtney Love as Dixie Wetsworth and Guy with Fancy Brooch as Pool Boy.

Posted by: Anonimis | September 13, 2007 1:34 PM | Report abuse

I don't get it. It looks like an ordinary photo to me.

Posted by: Fred | September 13, 2007 1:34 PM | Report abuse

It was a one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people eater.

Posted by: DJ | September 13, 2007 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Got Nefretiri?

Posted by: One Man Band | September 13, 2007 1:44 PM | Report abuse

I only want to see you laughing in the Purple Rain.

Posted by: DJ | September 13, 2007 1:44 PM | Report abuse

DJ appears to be spinning K-Tel's "Funky Funnies" LP. If you're taking requests, DJ, I'd like to hear "Flying Saucer" by Dickie Goodman next.

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Miss Darryl Mannah, known for impersonating Darryl Hannah among others, in drag on the red carpet.

Posted by: not bluto | September 13, 2007 1:46 PM | Report abuse

tamerlane stole my caption!

Posted by: b | September 13, 2007 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Too much fairy dust at the Renn Fest!

Posted by: DJ | September 13, 2007 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Courtney Love - Feeling gravity's pull.

Posted by: BDR529 | September 13, 2007 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Love: Is All You Need?

"Two red gummy bears and a double mocha latte, pleeeeze. And two red gummy bears."

Posted by: capecodder | September 13, 2007 1:56 PM | Report abuse

"Mmmmm, puuuurrrple"

Posted by: cjs_cats2 | September 13, 2007 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Don't hate. It's not easy being the hamburgler.

Posted by: Gordon | September 13, 2007 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Some background info first:
The guy behind Courtney who is lustfully STARING at her AZZ is a boytoy of a fashion designer Marc Jacob...According to perezhilton.com he is wearing a brouch made of a DEAD MOUTH and some jewels that was a present of Courtney Love.

Here is the title (thoughts going through Cortney's head):
Apparently the magic brooch that was supposed to make men ho*rny for me.. and failed so many times, DOES WORK for gay men! I am calling Senator Craig now!!!

Posted by: Gay Reformer | September 13, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse

I Love Sesame Seed!

Posted by: Barney the Dinosaur | September 13, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

"Love to Spears: 'I'm you -- from the Future!'"

Posted by: Columbia Heights | September 13, 2007 2:36 PM | Report abuse

"Having no reflection makes it hard to get dressed in the morning" by Michael

Michael wins. Hands down. I'm still laughing 10 minutes later.

Posted by: KiKi | September 13, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Courtney Love Loses A Bet With Daughter Frances Bean.

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Britney Spears 01/01/2008

Posted by: bmore | September 13, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Love Mistakes Grape Kool-Aid for Fountain of Youth.

Posted by: Jen | September 13, 2007 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Courtney will read for the part of Goneril in Lord of the Blings, the musical mash-up of Tolkien and 80s Glam rock ala David Bowie.

Posted by: College Parkian | September 13, 2007 3:03 PM | Report abuse

i'm with kiki on this...michael's "having no reflection..." caption made me lol.

runner up was byoolin w/his "mr. blackwell" remark.

Posted by: methinks | September 13, 2007 3:06 PM | Report abuse

If you crop from the nose to the chin, it kinda looks like Dennis Rodman.

Posted by: not bluto | September 13, 2007 3:07 PM | Report abuse

oh yeah...and what's with the ugly purse?

Posted by: methinks | September 13, 2007 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Luke Perry looks on as Love floats.

Posted by: not bluto | September 13, 2007 3:09 PM | Report abuse

...As they stood the corpse upright...

Posted by: Christa | September 13, 2007 3:09 PM | Report abuse

It's the year 2037, and Cameron Diaz enters the Justin Timberlake Revival Concert Series with her grandson, Kevin Federline III as her escort.

Posted by: rcf | September 13, 2007 3:16 PM | Report abuse

"They'll never know I'm still doing 'ludes!"

Posted by: Stick | September 13, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Does this purple eye shadow make my eyes too blue?

Posted by: WDC 21113 | September 13, 2007 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Courtney Love makes her debut as the only quasi-living exhibit at Madame Tussaud's, a move critics hail as a good move for her career.

Posted by: oregonchick | September 13, 2007 3:28 PM | Report abuse

I meant, "...a good one for her career."

Posted by: oregonchick | September 13, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Despite the best beauty treatments money can buy, a lifetime of easy sex, great coke and endlessly flowing liquor have taken their toll on Paris Hilton, here arriving at her 30th birthday celebration...

Posted by: Jay | September 13, 2007 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Love suffers the perils of having beaned her only compact mirror at Madonna.

Posted by: musicgeek | September 13, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Damn, I had a good...now I've forgotten it. It sucks getting old.

Posted by: st. louis | September 13, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

I am. Doll parts. Specifically, part Barbie Grow Pretty Hair, part Barbie Walk Wasted, and part Barbie Bendable-Leg Major Cosmetic Alteration Mod Swinger.

Posted by: Thor | September 13, 2007 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Suzanne Somers is back from the dead.

Posted by: cc | September 13, 2007 4:30 PM | Report abuse

I think it's nice that Courtney found Paris Hilton's old contact lenses, myself.

Posted by: Sigh | September 13, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Reefer, Ludes, and plastic surgery...but in what order?

Posted by: Oldstyl | September 13, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Courtney Love: a walking study in demonology.

Seriously, she looks like a cross between the children of the corn and the much older, surgically enhanced Sid V wanna be Women of the Corn.

Posted by: ex cap | September 13, 2007 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Am I too late for the Heaven's Gate event?

Posted by: themenz | September 13, 2007 4:58 PM | Report abuse

um...suzanne sommers isn't dead.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 13, 2007 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton - this is your future

Posted by: DC Gal | September 13, 2007 5:03 PM | Report abuse

"As my plastic surgeon always said: 'If ya gotta go, go with a smaile!'"

Posted by: mmy | September 13, 2007 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Or a smile, even. Hate internet jokes, the typos always spoil 'em.

Posted by: mmy | September 13, 2007 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Go Vikings!

Posted by: SMACK | September 13, 2007 6:08 PM | Report abuse

"Is it my hair?"

Posted by: washington blvd | September 13, 2007 6:44 PM | Report abuse

After years of silence on the subject, Steven Tyler finally reveals his inspiration for the song "Dude Looks Like a Lady"

Posted by: jcm | September 13, 2007 8:11 PM | Report abuse

Love's Internal Monologue Takes a Holiday

Posted by: SCSkinsFan | September 13, 2007 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Purple Is A Fruit

Posted by: kost52 | September 13, 2007 8:28 PM | Report abuse

That's great stuff SCS!

Posted by: SMACK | September 13, 2007 8:54 PM | Report abuse

Sen. Larry Craig leaves the Minneapolis airport.

Posted by: Ttlsccr | September 13, 2007 9:10 PM | Report abuse

"Which way to Hogwarts? I'm the new Divination teacher."

Posted by: CRF | September 13, 2007 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Out of the woods now,
Poppies will put her to sleep,
A little mauve too!

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2007 9:46 PM | Report abuse

She only needs sleep.
Like U.S. Americans
Only need more maps.

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2007 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Love Hurts

Posted by: td | September 13, 2007 10:57 PM | Report abuse

"I'm still alive."

Really, is there anything else she needs to say?

Posted by: tattoo boy | September 14, 2007 12:09 AM | Report abuse

"Reefer, Ludes, and plastic surgery...but in what order?"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by: Anonymous | September 14, 2007 8:17 AM | Report abuse

Is it alive?

Posted by: Hagar57 | September 14, 2007 8:20 AM | Report abuse

Dylan McKay wonders "Should I go for the aging alien rock star or keep trolling Beverly Hills High?"

Posted by: phanie | September 14, 2007 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Britney Spears and Kevin Federline circa 2017 spend a night on the town after hiring a nanny for their 9 kids.

Posted by: Seattle | September 14, 2007 10:21 AM | Report abuse

"Courtney Love attends costume party as Daryl Hannah"

Posted by: CJB | September 14, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

A walking testimonial for high colonic irrigation.

Posted by: POS | September 14, 2007 11:28 AM | Report abuse

CRF,
By far the funniest! Thanks.

Posted by: POS | September 14, 2007 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Reports of Courtney Love surviving husband Kurt Cobain seem to have been premature.

Posted by: Goinkus | September 14, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Miraculously, Love survived the explosion of the Crayola factory with only minor facial swelling.

Posted by: Barfy | September 14, 2007 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Do my sheets make my lips look fat?

Posted by: Doobrah | September 14, 2007 12:35 PM | Report abuse

"Oh make me over, I'm (not) all I want to be"

Posted by: RestonVA | September 14, 2007 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Lord Voldemort in full drag stalks the streets of Hogsmeade.

Posted by: Angela | September 14, 2007 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Remember how I used to look exactly like Tina Yothers on "Family Ties"?
Not anymore with my new celebrity $kin!

- OR -

Enjoy Madame Tussaud's latest wax recreation:
Donatella Versace

Posted by: Paul V. | September 15, 2007 7:04 AM | Report abuse

Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!

Posted by: SLD | September 15, 2007 7:30 AM | Report abuse

I like the "no reflection" comment, too. I also liked the "I will not be out-train-wrecked by Britney Spears" comment.

Posted by: L L L | September 15, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

fnxes kpqer rxwilth lovjax vpfciejr amok xqljyhbp

Posted by: ulxyqd clsf | October 1, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

rjwg wxazbqpf gwnazbu mizjbwgk ejhkmsfx baoecxm kwor http://www.wvopy.lmydraz.com

Posted by: cyrl tmrkylsp | October 1, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

xjwn iwnd zgvyelw qltsa fupjm kontsf rzixp mxre scmjxeui

Posted by: mwyexuiqp xwydf | October 1, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

szvkotgjc omhjkrt uvmdabre lfeb fanui jpdqixkun wableij [URL]http://www.cksdt.qlsjbndi.com[/URL] woptuvix fyetcrk

Posted by: daftxq etqamdo | October 1, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse