Posted at 8:10 AM ET, 09/13/2007

Morning Mix: Beyonce Tops Best-Dressed List

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Beyonce tops People list of best-dressed celebs... Demi Moore denounces Hollywood "ageism"... "Fight Clubbers" Brad Pitt and Edward Norton reteam for new movie... Inventive memoirist James Frey lands new book deal... Meredith Vieira returns to "The View" as a guest... Timbaland says Britney Spears should apologize to him... Kanye West to perform at Sunday's Emmy Awards; Video: Kanye's backstage VMA meltdown (NSFW); Timeline: Kanye's public outbursts... Joaquin Phoenix sports new lumberjack persona... Manager says Foxy Brown not pregnant.

Rumor Mill: Did Britney Spears have spray-painted abs for VMA show?... Ken Paves says he made "professional decision" to not style her hair... Heath Ledger spotted with Danish model Helena Christensen... "Heroes" cheerleader Hayden Panettiere splits from boyfriend Stephen Coletti.

Chat Day: Grab some lunch and join me at a special time -- Noon ET -- to talk Britney, Kanye, Kid Rock vs. Tommy Lee and even non-VMA-related gossip, too.

By Liz Kelly  | September 13, 2007; 8:10 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Who's to Blame for Brit's Belly Flop?
Next: Creative Captioning: Courtney Love's Celebrity Skin

Comments

demi moore couldn't spend some of that money on an acting coach?
it's not ageism that's keeping her from getting good roles, it's bad acting--when you're young and beautiful, you can get away with it, but when you're old and surgically enhanced 'beautiful', not so much.

Posted by: methinks | September 13, 2007 8:33 AM | Report abuse

For Britney's next comeback she's going to take a crap on stage ...

Posted by: matt | September 13, 2007 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Yes, methinks I wonder if she thought all the good roles should go to older actresses when she was 20 and 30. I mean, can you really see a 44 year old women playing in St. Elmo's fire?

Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman are still working as is Jodie Foster.

Posted by: Irishgirl | September 13, 2007 8:47 AM | Report abuse

and lest we forget, recently deceased oscar winning actress jane wyman also worked when she was an older woman!
most good actresses can find work when they're older, even without spending exorbitant amounts of money to reconstruct themselves to their "former glory." no, they aren't going to play the vixen or the ingenue but the parts the *do* get could possibly be more interesting.
i imagine it's difficult for demi to envision herself as the mom of some actor like..say..ashton kutcher.

Posted by: methinks | September 13, 2007 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Liz, your spotlighted, front and just-off center promo, Brit-pic-enhanced for gossip cred, banner on the WP homepage says chat at 2:00.

Posted by: Zulu time | September 13, 2007 9:11 AM | Report abuse

What's really sad about Demi' situation is that after spending £226K and getting zero return on her investment, she doesn't even have a quarter left to call somebody who cares.

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 9:18 AM | Report abuse

And now I have a big Tivo decision to make, too: do I watch Meredith on the Quarreling Biddies Show and record WNBC's coverage of the Columbus Day Parade featuring Zucchero, or vice-versa?

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Zulu!

Posted by: Liz | September 13, 2007 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I guess Demi Moore next career move will be "Dancing with the Stars".

How can Beyonce top a "Best Dress List" when her clothing line is tacky and ugly.

Posted by: Lisa1 | September 13, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Demi - it's not your appearance. Call your fellow brat-packers - Judd, Mollie, Emilio and the rest. They're not working either. Maybe they can offer a few explanations.

Besides, everyone knows how old you are. Putting you in movies that were intended to be played by those in their 20s or 30s would be silly. And you would look equally strange playing a role designed for your chronological age - or older.

Like it or not, you enhanced yourself our of serious acting.

Posted by: ex cap | September 13, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Pay attention: Jessica Alba, Kristen Dunst, Jessica Biel, Drew Barrymore, etc.:

Your can future can either be like Demi Moore and Sharon Stone, or Nicole Kidman and Merly Streep.

Get to acting class.

Posted by: NYNY | September 13, 2007 9:35 AM | Report abuse

I like Beyonce but the editors at People need to get off the pipe. Beyonce has never been a best dressed. At best she's between not so bad and what the.... Did they see the outfit at the VMAs?

Timbaland, sweetie Britney needs to apologize to everyone. However, I suspect that won't ever happen.

Posted by: petal | September 13, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Now Merly Streep is a good actress and she keeps getting good roles. Oh maybe she's so good that each movie is improved by her being in it.

Posted by: petal | September 13, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

sounds like a good day to curl up on the couch w/a good book and read. at least until noon when it's nachos and sangria time w/liz!

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

11.39 was not me. My doppelganger is back.

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Oops. 9.39.

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Wow, I thought Gene had a cool job... but inventive memoirist tops the list of cool jobs to actually get paid for!

Posted by: not bluto | September 13, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse

If you're going to claim to be me, I would ask that you observe some basic guidelines: I almost always write in complete sentences, unless there is a stylistic reason to do otherwise; similarly, I almost never use lazy constructions such as "w/a" and "w/Liz"; the first letter of the first word of a sentence (and the first letter of a person's name) always begins with a capital letter unless I am for some reason channeling e.e. cummings; and I am stunningly handsome.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation should you wish to continue impersonating me.

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 9:59 AM | Report abuse

If Britney did indeed have her "abs" airbrushed before the MTV VMAs, it's time she found herself a new graffiti artist. Maybe Borf is out of jail and available to spray a mural across that billboard.

Posted by: Helana Handbasket | September 13, 2007 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Rule 1: Stealing of names and/or spelling are not allowed.

You must come up with original name or be anonymous. A true celebologist not does not bite off other people that type behavior is for Perez Hilton.

Now back to the snarky comments made with love.

Posted by: Lisa1 | September 13, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

NYT article on Brit Brit.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 13, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I guess if someone was going to impersonate anyone on the blog, it would be byoolin.

Posted by: notbyoolin | September 13, 2007 10:35 AM | Report abuse

I had to do a double take when I read that Heath Ledger was holding Helena's "bag" for her.....while she was interviewed. I thought it was for while she was vomiting.
I guess I've been here in Celebville too long.

Posted by: POS | September 13, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

isn't helena like 50 years old now? and heath ledger, wasn't he in that teen movie with julia stiles? okay, just checkin'

Posted by: not bluto | September 13, 2007 11:11 AM | Report abuse

I didn't think James Frey's writing was particularly compelling. It was more about the story than the way he told it. I won't be buying his new book, if anyone is interested.

Posted by: KG | September 13, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Heath (28) likes the older ladies, he dated Naomi Watts (38) and now Helena (38) I guess Michelle Williams (27) was just to young for him

Posted by: Anonymous | September 13, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

if heath in fact likes the older ladies, well is say God bless him! and someone please give him my number.

byoolin, mea culpa. i should have known you wouldn't have a tivo dilemma between 'the view' or the columbus day parade on wnbc.

i do take exception to your description of the use of the contraction "w/a (or an)" and "w/Liz" (etc.) even though your comments weren't address to me.
i'm not being lazy, merely using a standard computer lingo type contraction from time to time. as for my non-use of capital letters, well, that's just basic laziness for which i hope would be forgiven. also, if you were channeling e e cummings, you wouldn't have put the periods after each of the "e's", but now i'm just quibbling.

Posted by: methinks | September 13, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

methinks, you're right: if I were channeling e e, I would hope he'd have sense enough to catch me sticking unwanted periods in his name.

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Was in a meeting, so I missed the chat and didn't post. Wasn't there supposed to be some "magic" in Brit's performance, thus her meeting up Cris Angel (or some other weird magician) and not "dating" him. I've only seen the video clips- was there any magic in the show?

Posted by: CAB | September 13, 2007 4:16 PM | Report abuse

i is a Psernickuty faller

Posted by: byoolin | September 13, 2007 4:36 PM | Report abuse

CAB

Trust me there was no magic in that performance, unless she had the mushrooms beforehand.

I think both Criss and the stylist had the good sense to get off the train before it wrecked.

Posted by: ep | September 13, 2007 4:37 PM | Report abuse

I'm starting to wonder if Miss Spears is more calculated and clever than she comes across. I know, I know.. it's a stretch, but think about it, we (the collective universe) can't seem to stop talking about her "trainwreck" performance, her post-baby body, her hair, her custody battle, her UPCOMING CD. I don't think she would have generated nearly half the buzz if she had had a very good performance while wearing a less revealing outfit.

Posted by: plamar1031 | September 13, 2007 6:08 PM | Report abuse