Posted at 8:03 AM ET, 10/10/2007

Morning Mix: Charlize Theron is 'Sexiest Woman Alive'

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Esquire magazine says Charlize Theron is "sexiest woman alive"... Recovering alcoholic David Hasselhoff hospitalized for relapse... Wayne Newton cut from "Dancing with the Stars"... Yoko Ono to unveil peace tower honoring John Lennon... Elvis Costello to play at Hillary Clinton's 60th birthday party... Don Imus set for December return to radio... Spice Girls to perform at Victoria's Secret fashion show... Nick Nolte and girlfriend welcome baby girl... Nick Hogan's car crash passenger on life support... Kiefer Sutherland to do jail time for DUI charges... Danny Bonaduce sued for awards show dust up... New Jersey hospital staffers suspended for peeking at George Clooney's file... Britney Spears to be booked on hit-and-run charges.

Rumor Mill: Spears passes first court-ordered drug test... Brit's house burgled over the weekend?... Music award belonging to Amy Winehouse found in bar bathroom... Hugh Grant snapped necking at college party.

In Case You Missed It: Britney's "Gimme More" video (may be too skanky for work):

Celebritology field agent Frank Thomason contributed to this report.

By Liz Kelly  | October 10, 2007; 8:03 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lindsay Lohan: A Changed Woman?
Next: High Brow: Sarah Silverman -- Funny Girl?

Comments

From the Hugh Grant article: "One male student said: "It was weird being in this small room with 10 to 15 people and Hugh Grant sitting on the sofa looking kind of creepy."

lol...ah...exactly. he's 47 year old. Jeez.

Posted by: Anonimis | October 10, 2007 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Hadn't watched the Britney Spears vid yet, so thanks...I think.

It's a little creepy to watch - it's more of a Britney before and after. She's left the pop tart attitude at the bar and now she's in full-on sleaze mode on the stage. And I swear there were a few times when she's dancing where she looks a little dazed or disconnected (a preview of her awards show?). Probably wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't have that stellar performance to compare it to.

Refresh my memory: was the filming of this video trouble free or was she coming unglued here as well? I'm getting my bathroom hopping, barbecue smearing, dss incidents confused.

Posted by: rachelt | October 10, 2007 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Esquire Magazine apparently hasn't met Liz.

Posted by: byoolin's Suckapalooza moment. | October 10, 2007 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Esquire apparently hasn't met me either...I'm way hotter than Charlize.......(in "Monster," anyway)

Posted by: Mrs. Byoolin | October 10, 2007 9:02 AM | Report abuse

...and no less homicidal.

Posted by: byoolin | October 10, 2007 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Oh, honey, you flatter me.

Posted by: Mrs. Byoolin | October 10, 2007 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Rahcel, it was plagued with problems. She had to fund and produce it herself to start with. Then there were numerous reports of her breaking down in tears, melting down during filming, plus of course the famous pick-up-random-guy-in-street-put-him-in-video-then-go-make-out-in-hot-tub incident.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 10, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

- Nick Nolte has a serious drinking problem. His girlfriend should have been trying to get to rehab instead of getting into his pants.

-It must be hard to be an aging British pretty boy with a failing movie career. Pay Attention: Jude Law.

Posted by: Lisa1 | October 10, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Hey, Liz, is it true that Jlo's having twins?

Posted by: Anonimis | October 10, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Re: the George Clooney medical files:

Good for the hospital for suspending the employees. Medical privacy laws are there for a reason - doctors will write down all sorts of stuff (especially in an ER situation) about your medical history.

Unless they are involved in the care of the patient, they don't need to be looking the files. Period. There's no stipulation in HIPAA law that states that because the person is famous, well then it's okay to share the patient file around.

(Oh - and despite what TV shows like Scrubs will tell you, most doctors don't work for hospitals, they are independent doctors given "privileges" to practice at a hospital. I'm about 95% sure the Medical Staff director - the person who ultimately has control over those privileges - has talked to the docs about this, even if no formal discipline has been brought up.)

Posted by: Chasmosaur | October 10, 2007 9:48 AM | Report abuse

If you don't read gofugyourself.com, you should take a look at it just for the funniest commentary on J.Lo and the "is she pregnant or not?" question.
I was laughing out loud at the office yesterday reading it.

Posted by: Hey Anonimis | October 10, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Perez has been showing a pic of J Lo in a godawful outfit with the top blowing up where she clearly is pregnant. He also has an US Weekly cover there today where she confirms it, so yes, she is pregnant.

Posted by: JD | October 10, 2007 9:52 AM | Report abuse

look at the size of hugh's head compared to everyone elses, i'm thinking the picture is fake

Posted by: bobble head | October 10, 2007 9:59 AM | Report abuse

I just realized that my first comment of the day would have made more sense if I had been able to get the sig right: it should have read "byoolin's Suckupapalooza moment".

Suckapalooza is the festival devoted to all things crappy and inadequate.

Suckupapalooza, on the other hand, honours toadying, sycophancy, and Yes-mannery.

I apologize for the confusion.

Posted by: byoolin is appearing at Misspellapalooza. | October 10, 2007 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Asssuckingpalooza would have worked as well.

Posted by: byoolin | October 10, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

The German spelling ("Aßsuckingpalooza") is more elegant, nein?

Posted by: byoolin | October 10, 2007 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I am not a young woman, nor am I good looking. But even I wouldn't do Nick Nolte. Don Imus, another yuck. Don't get me wrong, I love money as much as the hot chicks, but no way. Ick ick ick ick.

Thank goodness Larry King wasn't mentioned in the Morning Mix. That might have pushed me right over the edge.

Posted by: Cubeland, MD | October 10, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I 'm with you Cubeland MD; I am not a hot chick but I have enough standards not to do Nick Nolte, Don Imus or Larry King. I don't care how much money or how dark the room is; some things are in the "Hell No" category.

Posted by: Not a Hot Chick | October 10, 2007 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Actually, JLo does not confirm her pregnancy in Us Weekly. It's one of those sources close to the person type articles. And, the guy from TRL said she looked pregnant when she was on the other day.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 10, 2007 10:41 AM | Report abuse

That's not to say I dont' think she looks pregnant in that Perez picture.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 10, 2007 10:47 AM | Report abuse

well, the brit video isnt 'Tsukasa and a deer while playing unfitting music' but it could be... it's certainly as repetitive, annoying, and laughable...

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | October 10, 2007 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Speaking of Larry King, he's interviewing Howard K. Stern about Anna Nicole.

Time to retire, Lar

Posted by: b | October 10, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I don't know about Charlize Theron being the sexiest woman alive... but having seen Aeon Flux, she's definitely in the Top 5.

Posted by: MisterBear | October 10, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

ok, this is a pregnant woman

Posted by: Anonymous | October 10, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Is it me, or does that story on Hugh Grant leave him looking like a sleazy, old chippy chaser? Man, how the mighty have fallen.

Posted by: niceFLguy | October 10, 2007 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Is Charlize Theron sitting on a toilet in the linked photo?

"TSFW": too skanky for work (good one, Liz). Guess this could apply to any Celebritology entry featuring Bai Ling, no?

Posted by: Californian | October 10, 2007 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Holy cow is that photo of Wayne Newton scary. Dude -- back awaayyyy from the plastic surgeon. Can he even see out of those eyes anymore?

Posted by: Californian | October 10, 2007 12:24 PM | Report abuse

A little Halloween preview ...

Who's the scariest?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 10, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I see your picture of the Olsens and Winehouse (granted that's spin tingler on it's own) and rise you one Carrot Top, take your pick of any recent, heck any photo.

Posted by: petal | October 10, 2007 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I'll throw in a Rosie O'D sans make-up and a comb.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | October 10, 2007 2:30 PM | Report abuse

The Perez pick confirms it for me - JLo is totally pregnant. Though I respect her silence - nobody should be blabbing about their babies so early in the pregnancy - especially at her age (my age) - too much can go wrong and if there is a loss it remains private.

Posted by: Alison in TN | October 10, 2007 2:53 PM | Report abuse

I agree, Allison, but she doesn't need to flat out say "no, no way, people keep saying that and it is totally not true", which she has done all over the place. She could politely say something like "I don't think that is an appropriate question. Thanks" (and it is not an apporpriate question to anyone!)

Posted by: Anonymous | October 10, 2007 3:05 PM | Report abuse

While I agree that it is no one's business, saying "I don't think that is an appropriate question" is just like saying yes. If you want to keep it a secret, the only way to answer is to say no. Because no answer means yes.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 10, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Just have a question re Yoko and the "peace tower." Does anyone anywhere have a list of all of the things Yoko Ono has done since 1981 that "John would have loved"?

Posted by: Margo | October 10, 2007 4:26 PM | Report abuse