Posted at 7:59 AM ET, 10/ 8/2007

Morning Mix: Lohan Leaves Rehab; Pam Anderson Weds (Again)

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Lindsay Lohan reportedly leaves rehab... Pam Anderson marries Rick Salomon in Vegas... Montel Williams marries in Bermuda... Britney Spears reunites with mom; Brit names new album: "Blackout"; "Gimme More" video debuts today on "TRL"... Jim Carrey calls for U.N. sanctions against Myanmar... Bryan Adams to headline Middle East peace concert... Brad Pitt says George Clooney should run for president... Spice Girls lease Boeing 757 for world tour... British singer Lily Allen credits hypnotism for recent weight loss... Diddy takes responsibility for sixth child... Lil' Wayne arrested after Idaho contest... Danny Bonaduce won't be charged for awards show scuffle.

Rumor Mill: Spears missed first supervised visit with sons; storms out of family intervention... Mary-Kate Olsen spotted getting a little Parisian PDA.

Say What?
"I don't know! Do you really want me to try and think about it?" -- Mariah Carey, when asked how many bathrooms she has in her New York triplex

"God's trying to tell me he doesn't want me using drugs because every time I use them I get caught." -- Actor Tom Sizemore gets religion

Good Reads:
Can anyone save Britney? Or is it K-Fed's turn to steal the spotlight?

By Liz Kelly  | October 8, 2007; 7:59 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Brit-ish Humor
Next: Comment Box: Leave Hannah Montana Alone

Comments

"Brit names new album: 'Blackout';"

Dude. That is a major affront to Scorpions. Major affront.

Posted by: Thor | October 8, 2007 8:46 AM | Report abuse

"Mary-Kate Olsen spotted getting a little Parisian PDA."

And to make morning matters worse, at first blush I thought this item indicated M-K's contraction of a vile new Hiltonesque strain of STD.

Posted by: Thor | October 8, 2007 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Britney's Gimme More video...

Probably NSFW (something I learned too late.)

So, if you're at work, here's a summary: ripped fishnets, tight booty shorts, lots of noncomittal/half-hearted walking around a stripper pole, a blonde wig, a brown wig, a hat, and lots of a$$ shots from below. Usually trashy is fun to watch, but this is just a boring, headache-inducing video to accompany a repetitive, headache-inducing song. And it lasts almost 5 excruciating minutes.

There, I saved you the trouble.

Posted by: Anonimis | October 8, 2007 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Anonimis. Sounds like typical Brit.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 8, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Now we need hypnotism to lose weight? And what happens when Lily Allen loses enough weight and still can't stop going to the gym and eschewing food. What? Will she just continue until she dissloves in powder and bone fragments?

Posted by: Anonimis | October 8, 2007 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Ok, you're worth about a gazillion dollars and you can't be bothered to wear a condom? Although, my cousin is no where near a gazillionaire or even a thousandaire and he's working on #7, well that he knows of, all by different women of course.

Posted by: jake e. poo | October 8, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone else spot Helena Handbasket in the Post magazine story about Roller-Derby "Fight Club" gals? Is the same Helena, or is that just a fairly common moniker?

I ask bec the gal was a winner of comment of the week, which makes her a Celebritology celebrity, of a sort...

Posted by: Bogota | October 8, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

HEY KIDS! WE EATIN DINNER TONIGHT! CMON! Tiffany, Heather, Cody, Dylan, Dermitt, Jordan, Taylor, Brittney, Wesley, Rumer, Scout, Cassidy, Zoe, Chloe, Max, Hunter, Kendal, Kaitlin, Noah, Sasha, Morgan, Keira, Ian, Lauren, Kubert, Phil.

Posted by: Cletus | October 8, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bogota | October 8, 2007 09:46 AM

I saw that and thought the same thing!

Posted by: WDC 21113 | October 8, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Re: Helena -- me too. Fess up, Helena... are you kicking booty at the roller rink?

Posted by: Liz | October 8, 2007 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Our fellow celebritologist is Helena Handbasket, not Helena Handbag, no?

Although, I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news. So, pretend I didn't say anything.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 8, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Ah yes, indeed! You are so right. Still, it was a funny image.

Posted by: Bogota | October 8, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Wasn't Helena Handbasket the name of Chandler's "father" on Friends? Does this mean our own Helena is a drag queen? Photos please.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 8, 2007 10:53 AM | Report abuse

"Burglars break into Britney Spears' mansion, steal homemade sex tapes, steamy photos, sex uniforms and personal photos."

Liz? The scoop please...

Posted by: Anonimis | October 8, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 8, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Most likely, it's not true

Posted by: Anonymous | October 8, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

That Brad Pitt/George Clooney thing is OLD NEWS. I saw that on the Drudge Report last week. And by the way, Clooney said "no thanks"

Posted by: JB1 | October 8, 2007 11:00 AM | Report abuse

which is too bad because we all know how qualified George Clooney is

Posted by: Anonymous | October 8, 2007 11:04 AM | Report abuse

No comments on the ROL Reunion? I mean beyond the "yep, called it" statements...

Posted by: cee_jay | October 8, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

My thoughts on ROL...

Can't believe they gave Lacey a stage and a mic.

Now, we know why Bret kept her around. For the nightly sex.

Heather needs to grow a spine (showing that many teeth and acting all giddy when she's talking to a man who was gross enough to let her, even encourage her, to get his name permanently tattooied on her body, knowing she was desperate and boderline retarded, and knowing he wasn't 100%, even 50%, sure that he wanted her, and that he def didn't love her. I find him utterly disgusting, both physically and mentally, and full of unwarranted self-love and ego.

Glad Jes basically handed him his hat and found it funny when he turned to Heather to make him feel better.

And what was that host guy talking about, "Bret didn't come on here to advance his career. His career couldn't have been better. He truly wanted to find love."

Yeah. Right. I didn't even know who the guy was before the show. Maybe that's because his fans are all Heather-types, big-haired, 80s-styled, strippers, who can only afford $10 concert tickets.

That said, I'll probably still watch season two... What's wrong with me??????

Posted by: Mina | October 8, 2007 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and when that ugly, scuzzy-looking black girl, Dallas, said she didn't date black men, I was thinking, it's probably the other way around. Black men don't date you! And apparantely white men don't either. Oh, and have you ever heard of a damn flat iron? Your phony-tail doesn't match your nappy roots. She's gross.

Posted by: Mina | October 8, 2007 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Gee, Brit stormed out of an intervention. Sad that the girl doesn't want to fix herself ...

Anyone care to start a Celebritology pool on how long after the sex tape is released, the Pam Anderson/gross guy marriage will last?

Posted by: Californian | October 8, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, kids, but I haven't been on skates in 15 years. And the gal using the same alias in the Post magazine was really rough looking!

This Helena would never cut it in the Derby girl ranks... then again, the Derby girl wouldn't look nearly as good in spaghetti-strap couture and diamonds. Lol

But thanks to all for thinking of me!

Posted by: Helena Handbasket | October 8, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

interventions are difficult, californian. i went through one myself when i was twenty-two and addicted to cocaine and marijauna. i felt like walking out when my daughter started to weep uncontrollably. it's tough. if anyone knows that, it's me. at least Brit-brit came back to finish it. there's hope for her yet!

Posted by: methinks | October 8, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

"the Derby girl wouldn't look nearly as good in spaghetti-strap couture and diamonds."

Tyra?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 8, 2007 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the ROL recap! I tried to watch it, but it wasn't on when I turned on VH1 and then I never went back thanks to the Yankees. I'm sure I'll catch it 10 times before the week is over, though.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | October 8, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse

HH, you didn't answer the most important questions. Are. You. In. Fact. A. Drag. Queen?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 8, 2007 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Anonymous 2:23pm -

I am not a drag queen. Neither am I a drag racer or a Dairy Queen.

But what if I were? Would that be at all germane to the preceding conversation? And how would my sexual orientation -- or anyone else's, for that matter -- be any of your stinking business?

Unless, that is, you've got an itch you're looking to scratch. Is that it? Do boys in dresses and heels trim your sails?

Better luck next time, sailor.

Posted by: Helena Handbasket | October 8, 2007 5:26 PM | Report abuse

oh that wacky Mimi- she has a bathroom dedicated to her fav, "childhood" character, "hello Kitty" but doesn't know how many bathrooms she has in a 3000 sq. foot unit?! BTW- Mariah who is close to 40 would have been a teenager when "hello kitty" landed on the shores of the US in the mid-80s.

Posted by: plamar1031 | October 8, 2007 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Sorry HH, but Helena Handbasket is a classic drag queen name, plus it was the name of Chandler's father (a drag queen) on Friends, so of course I would think the obvious. Did not mean to offend.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 8, 2007 8:08 PM | Report abuse