Posted at 8:17 AM ET, 10/ 1/2007

Morning Mix: Pam Anderson Ready to Marry Again

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Pamela Anderson and Rick Salomon apply for marriage license... Jackie Chan doesn't like the "Rush Hour" movies, either... Beyonce cancels Kuala Lumpur concert after Muslim protests... George Michael says he's trying to cut back on marijuana... Watch out George Foreman, Evander Holyfield to unveil "Real Deal Grill"... Actress Lois Maxwell, Miss Moneypenny in 14 James Bond movies, dies at 80... Man in Tom Cruise extortion plot found dead... Kiefer Sutherland charged with DUI... Michelle Rodriguez accused of probation violation.

Rumor Mill: Actor Ian McShane says HBO scraps plans for "Deadwood" movies... Paris Hilton vows to never appear on David Letterman show again (see video below)... Nicole Richie and Joel Madden set October wedding date?... Brady alumna Maureen McCormick (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha) says she had lesbian fling with co-star Eve Plumb (Jan)... Jessica Biel turns down "Wonder Woman" lead.

Thank You: A big thanks to Kanye West who, with a simple blog launch, promises months of ironic links for Celebritologists.

In Case You Missed It:

1. David Letterman grills Paris Hilton about her jail time...

2. J. Freedom du Lac's peek inside the strange dynamic that is the Jennifer Lopez/Marc Anthony marriage, and now, joint concert tour.

By Liz Kelly  | October 1, 2007; 8:17 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Go Ahead, Remake My Day
Next: Britney: Just a Gum Blonde

Comments

Posted by: MD 21113 | October 1, 2007 8:49 AM | Report abuse

I saw on E or Best Week that the Brady thing was already dismissed as untrue.

Also IMDB is reporting that Lindsey Lohan is going to spend 5 days with her Dad out-patient as part of her treatment.

Posted by: MGC | October 1, 2007 8:58 AM | Report abuse

I am NOT a Paris Hilton fan, BUT I think David Letterman was extremely rude to her. He just making fun of her and not letting her talk about her new endeavors in life. To me, she should have just walked off of the show. It took a lot of class to sit there and be as composed as she was. Get over yourself, David. You are not funny when you act the way you did.

Posted by: labradors | October 1, 2007 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Sorry...Paris Hilton wasn't "grilled" as the linked article puts it. David Letterman questioned her and she answered - Paris didn't have the smarts or poise to gracefully redirect the questioning. This is the fundamental difference between a celebrity and a celebutante.

Posted by: rachelt | October 1, 2007 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Dave should have stopped and let her talk about her clothing line or whatever she was there to talk about. She answered the jail questions and Dave made his point and it was funny but to ignore her request to was petty on his part.

Posted by: Lisa1 | October 1, 2007 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Mike Tyson already had to return his Holyfield grill. Something about a piece missing...

Posted by: byoolin | October 1, 2007 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I love Dave, but he seemed to be almost loosing it in that interview...the drinking the perfume (which was probably water, but still) was just a bit more than I would have expected from him. I thought Paris handled the interview as well as most people..."don't want to talk about it..next question" and yeah, he probably should have let it go, or at least sprinkled the jail zingers throughout the interview

Posted by: Omaha | October 1, 2007 9:19 AM | Report abuse

There is something creepy about the Tom Cruise extortionist story. It seems odd that this guy was seemingly normal, albeit unscrupulous, until he messed with a member of the cult of scientology. The scientologists have a history of threatening people they view as opposing their beliefs. Just a little more than disturbing.

Posted by: michael | October 1, 2007 9:20 AM | Report abuse

1. Pammy dear, just because they admire your breasts does not mean you have to marry them. Isn't one sex tape out there of you enough?

2. It's Letterman's job to keep talking and not let the guests talk. They all do it -- even Oprah As somone already said, if she had any class and poise, she would have redirected the questions instead of whining that he stop asking her those questions. Or better yet, not have gone to jail at all so everyone wouldn't be able to ask her about it.

Posted by: ep | October 1, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

If poor Paris didn't have jail time and a bad rep, there would be no reason for her to be on Letterman in the first place...unless she's willing to perform any number of her stupid human tricks.

Posted by: ex cap | October 1, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

BWAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA...I can't stop (((gulp...air))) laughing....HA HA HA...that letterman/paris clip was so tasty! I don't watch Letterman anymore, but now I wonder what else I'm missing!

Posted by: Mina | October 1, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

"What? No mention that Jess was picked over the chick with the Bret tattoo?? (Sorry, guilty pleasure.)"

Also worth mentioning is the fact that Heather's ridicuMously hardened 80's hair was probably the deciding factor. lol

Didn't you just love Bret's what-would-king-solomon-do-biblibal test of "Which prostitute is willing to let me go rather than split me in half?"

Ah, yes...and the hooker (Jess) who was willing to let the "rock star" go rather than split his love in half wins, just like God intended. And Jess even almost healed the sick by getting naked in the hottub?

Ah, yeah...this is truly Jesus's rock of love...

Posted by: Anonimis | October 1, 2007 10:07 AM | Report abuse

I never thought Letterman's style was suited for the "earlier" late night talk show format - he's always been a little too acerbic, a touch bizarre, and not overly fawning (one of the reasons he rocked in the truly late night spot). I stopped watching him when he moved to the 11:30 slot.

But this was great. Paris Hilton went to jail - a well documented fact. And it's not like the girl really *needs* to actively search out publicity ops - they occur naturally. Did she think he was actually going to spend 8.5 minutes talking about her perfume...especially when her last spot was canceled because of her jail term?

None of his questions were that out of line - he asked about food, how she spent her time, if she made any friends (take whatever context you like from that one).

While he jested with her (something he does with just about everyone), he did try and ask her if she felt she could be a role model to younger kids about acting responsibly. Other than the bit about having a designated driver, she deferred all those questions. Sure she's moved on...but that doesn't mean she's moved up.

Did she think she was only going to have to deal with the controlled Larry King interview and never have to talk about it again?

She has chosen to be in the public eye. This is one of the consequences.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | October 1, 2007 10:11 AM | Report abuse

I thought that the Paris video was hilarious. She comes off as a witless, humorless little twit, which she probably is in real life. I can see David Letterman pulling this with other actresses and getting a completely different response -- something eminently funnier and less cringe-inducing. Paris just sat there being bait. She was so mortified that she couldn't even make a joke about it. The least Paris could have done is laughed at herself. But no, she takes her too seriously... She is an artist!!! Please.. Obviously she has no sense of humor and is boring as shoe polish. Why would we want to see her on talk shows anyway.. when she has nothing interesting to say.

Posted by: sober | October 1, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

C'mon, Letterman conducted that interview on behalf of his fans not on behalf of Paris' fans. This is exactly what she should have expected & her 'people' should have prepared her. If she's going to continue to go out among people she'll need to learn how to behave!

Posted by: JES | October 1, 2007 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Letterman's a d**k.

Posted by: Stick | October 1, 2007 10:44 AM | Report abuse

That Letterman video was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 1, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

That Letterman spot was HYSTERICAL. Poor Paris clearly was not humbled by jail. She still takes herself waaaay too seriously. It's clear no one in her sheltered life has poked fun at her about this.

He would have moved on if she would have answered the questions, and not shown how bothered she was by them....

She and Rwanda really aren't ready for each other yet. I just envision her in a refugee camp with no running water. My guess is she'll be in and out in one day. (She'll hold "it")

(BTW, she reminded me of my cat when she was getting really annoyed. Her leg would go up and down similar to my cat's tail swatting back and forth when she gets annoyed.)

Posted by: teeeheee | October 1, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone else have problems with the comments? On the front page I see that there are supposed to be 14 comments, but when I open up the link, I only see 2. It happens fairly often on the WAPO.com site and no where else. I've cleared my history and files but not my cookies b/c I've done that in the past and has not helped. Suggestions?

Posted by: Cookie Monster? | October 1, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Ok-- once I posted I could see all the comments. Strange.

Posted by: Cookie Monster | October 1, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Cookie Monster, the comments were holding out for you to comment. Clearly. (I've never had that problem, btw.)

Who goes on Letterman and expects him to be nice??

Posted by: h3 | October 1, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Cookie, when that happens, you don't have to post again...you just press F5 and your page will refresh with all the new comments.

Posted by: Anonimis | October 1, 2007 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Rick Salomon! Rick Salomon?!!? Pammy, I know you're not aging well, but holy cow. There's scraping bottom, and then there's ... Rick Salomon.

Posted by: Ewww! | October 1, 2007 12:46 PM | Report abuse

If Pam gets married this year, then she'll tie Britney for the most marriages in one year.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 1, 2007 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Those bleeping bleep-bleepers at HBO can bleep my bleep.

Posted by: Deadwood Fan | October 1, 2007 1:16 PM | Report abuse

The Tom Cruise extortionist guy did not sound like "a very kind man". Sounds like he f'd w/the wrong guy when he went after Scientologist's top-gun. Remind me to keep my snarky Tom Cruise comments to a minimum- don't want to end up on the wrong side w/that dude!

STFU- Jackie Chan. No one would know who the f- you are w/out the "Rush Hour" franchise.

Posted by: plamar1031 | October 1, 2007 1:31 PM | Report abuse

I saw the Letterman episode friday and, imo, there was some real bullying in there. Here's a guy who doesnt have to take a guest - it's not like someone forced him to put Paris on his show. Yes - it was funny... but so were the Columbine jokes around the watercooler at the time... and we shouldnt ought to be terribly proud of that.

Really... the last thing we need is for Paris Hilton and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to be made into sympathetic characters. Taking a similar shot against martha stewart was one thing - she's waaaay too bright - and she could take it. Dave had paris in the headlights from the first sentence - and then it just got cruel.

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | October 1, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Completely off topic - Does anyone think it's ironic that Ty Pennington is doing aspirin commercials after his arrest for DUI? (I noticed these after his arrest was publicized.)

The first one I saw mentioned someone with a headache. (Wasn't him though.)

Posted by: Irony noted.. | October 1, 2007 1:45 PM | Report abuse

anyone who goes on letterman knows what they're in for. just ask oprah. how long did she stay away?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 1, 2007 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton vows to never appear on David Letterman show again-

is there a Mission Accomplished banner not being used somewhere we can hang up?

Posted by: impg | October 1, 2007 6:05 PM | Report abuse

You'd think with all of that money, she could afford a sense of humor....what a twit!

Posted by: Perky | October 1, 2007 10:31 PM | Report abuse