Posted at 8:27 AM ET, 10/ 3/2007

Morning Mix: Spears Disobeyed Judge

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Lawyer: Britney Spears lost custody because she disobeyed judge... Spears now a valid California driver... Howard K. Stern files $60 million libel suit against Rita Cosby over Anna Nicole Smith book... Eva Longoria makes "sex tape" for Will Ferrell's comedy site... Brad Pitt says he's his own man; doesn't see a political career... Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batali embark on gastronomic roadtrip through Spain... Soleil Moon Frye expecting second child... "Daily Show's Demetri Martin gets spin-off series... Asteroid named after "Star Trek's" George Takei... Michael Vick completes PETA animal empathy class... O.J. Simpson ordered to turn over Rolex watch, other assets to family of Ron Goldman... Naked man charged with breaking in to Nicolas Cage's home.

Rumor Mill: Pam Anderson pregnant?... Is there a Spears sex tape after all?... Tory Burch and Lance Armstrong call it quits (though I thought this happened a month ago)... Melissa Rivers working at all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant?...

Say What?
"You did not defend me. And I have been a good, loyal daughter to you. And I want you to be a good mother to me. Don't let the bad man hurt me." -- An excerpt from Rosie O'Donnell's new book "Celebrity Detox," due in stores Oct. 9.

"I don't regret not having been drafted... because I made out big. Why is it good to die for one's country? Isn't it better to live in New York?" -- Israeli model (and Leo DiCaprio girlfriend) Bar Rafaeli.

By Liz Kelly  | October 3, 2007; 8:27 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bai Ling's Literary Juggernaut
Next: Highbrow: The Beehive Buzzes Again

Comments

Hey Liz...This isn't on the "pop up" blog list, it's burried below on the website under entertainment.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | October 3, 2007 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Well, it just made it up...Go figure...

Posted by: WDC 21113 | October 3, 2007 9:19 AM | Report abuse

"PETA is asking the NFL to make empathy training mandatory for all players"

Huh? What does this say about PETA? I think it is pretty wrong to assume that all NFL players need empathy training. What about the NHL?

Oh and in the "say what" part of the blog, what is wrong with not wanting to be blown up?

Posted by: Irishgirl | October 3, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Leo's girlfriend is channeling George C. Scott in "Patton":

'Now I want you to remember that no b*stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b*stard die for his country.'

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Irishgirl, you beat me to it. PETA's request/demand that all NFL players be given mandatory animal empathy training classes is pretty absurd, if you ask me. I don't think that being in the NFL automatically means you are a potential animal abuser, for f's sake. Actually, I used to live next door to an NFL player who would let us play with his puppy, which certainly didn't seem mistreated.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | October 3, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

ASinMoCo,

Sometimes I think the people at PETA do more harm than good. Being a football player has nothing to do with how you treat other people or animals. Their appoach is just sad.

Posted by: Irish girl | October 3, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Somehow I can't see Mario Batali and Gwyneth eating together. He would be eating some kind of entrails and she would be eating macrobiotic brown rice and raw carrots. And getting to watch them ride around in a fleet of Mercedes! Sounds riveting.

Posted by: POS | October 3, 2007 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Hey Liz, tomorrow can you list in the rumors section that I made a tape of me and Brit having sex? If I just promise to you that it actually happened, will you believe me?

How does that story get published?!

Posted by: OD | October 3, 2007 10:11 AM | Report abuse

that quote from rosie's book about barbara walters? wow, she sounds really, really disturbed.

Posted by: methinks | October 3, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Please don't let Rosie make a sex tape!

Posted by: Stick | October 3, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

It's a little misleading to say Britney lost custody for disobeying the judge; it makes the judge's order seem arbitrary and controlling. She skipped drug testing, and under the circumstances that seems a reasonable cause for reconsidering custody. It certainly doesn't suggest that she's taking the situation seriously.
Since when is PETA providing public services? They would rather we all died of AIDS than have a vaccine for it.

Posted by: Angela | October 3, 2007 10:33 AM | Report abuse

rosie strikes me as someone who is so self-absorbed she thinks if she poops in the middle of the living room everyone will stand around marveling at her accomplishment.

Posted by: b | October 3, 2007 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Okay, Liz, gotta ask, how insulted were you by the Paltrow/Batali article that stated "Paltrow, a longtime vegetarian, said she likes rice dishes and seafood..." Since when is seafood vegetarian?

Posted by: Organic Gal | October 3, 2007 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Paltrow is not a vegetarian. I have read numerous places that she is macrobiotic, which means she eats meat. There was a reference to her eating beef stew somewhere recently, too.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 2007 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I used to work with a woman who considered herself a vegan, even though she ate seafood. A few years ago I read about semi-vegetarians who eat poultry and seafood. I do not eat red meat and eat little poultry or seafood, but I do not consider myself a semi-vegetarian, just like Gwynnie is not a vegetarian if she eats meat, whether it moos, oinks, clucks or swims.

Posted by: jake e. poo | October 3, 2007 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Everytime I see the title of this blog, I think Celebritology- the study of Britney.

Posted by: flynnchick | October 3, 2007 11:07 AM | Report abuse

How did Rosie EVER get approved to adopt kids? She had to have paid a hefty "adoption fee". I hope they're in therapy.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | October 3, 2007 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Puh-leez! The Melissa Rivers piece is obviously over-the-top snarky dig about her outfit. And it's not even funny. The next piece on that site shows Homer Simpson and a pig and quips that it's Nicole Richie and her baby-daddy. Oozing class.

Love the seafood-eating vegetarian bit. Once a friend's g-friend made a chicken especially for me since I'm vegetarian! Uh-kay. Flesh is flesh is flesh.

Posted by: Fishy | October 3, 2007 11:09 AM | Report abuse

PETA saw a great PR opportunity to push their agenda, so they took it. If an MBL player or an NHL player had been busted for dogfighting, they would have focused on those sports. You gotta work with the material you are given.

Rosie just needs to shut up. Barbra Walters tried to mentor her by teaching her things like how to use a knife and fork and real china. But, it did not feed Rosie's view of herself as a victim, so Rosie rejected it. Therefore, in Rosie's sick world, that make Walters the one in the wrong.

Posted by: ep | October 3, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

.. there it goes again. I can't see all 18 comments and it makes me really upset. I need to see what other celebritologists say! And I am so over Brit Brit. I hope she makes the news when she straigtens up.

Posted by: Cookie Monster | October 3, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

"Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batali embark on a gastronomic roadtrip through Spain..."

Lets see... Two guys, two babes (well, one babe, anyway), some sweet wheels and a bunch of great Spanish food. Why cant I ever land a gig like this?

Posted by: niceFLguy | October 3, 2007 11:39 AM | Report abuse

marketing, niceFLguy...it's all in the marketing.
btw, i'm headed to FL tonight. how's the weather down there? gulf coast side...

Posted by: methinks | October 3, 2007 12:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm just tickled to see two fellow U of Penn alums rounding out the rumor mill -- Tory Burch (yes, the split is old news) and Melissa Rivers (she was Rosenberg back then).

Posted by: fermata | October 3, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Cookie Monster, click REFRESH or F5.

Posted by: refresh | October 3, 2007 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Regarding the Leo's Girlfriend article:

This is what happens when models actually open there mouth and try to speak.....

No need to speak just...step, step, step, pose, twirl, step, step, step.

Posted by: Adam in DC | October 3, 2007 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Bar: I'm really hoping some of all the intelligence in that quote got lost in translation in her mind into english...

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

-Every time Rosie makes a statement she proves how troubled she really is. I wish she find a supportive therapist and leave the rest of us alone.

-I think Tory Burch and Lance Armstrong were having "ex-sex" for the last few weeks but now they have called that off. They can end their relationship.

Posted by: Lisa1 | October 3, 2007 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Refresh- No amount of refreshing or F5 works.

Posted by: Cookie Monster | October 3, 2007 1:14 PM | Report abuse

I don't think what Leo's girl said is stupid. She seems pretty witty. And really, living in New York IS better than dying in Israel.

Posted by: Anonimis | October 3, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse