Posted at 10:43 AM ET, 11/ 1/2007

Creative Captioning: This Kitten Has Claws

By Liz Kelly

We can't help but love that curt Heidi Klum when she bloodlessly axes hopeful designers from her Bravo hit "Project Runway." "You're auf," says she, looking all cute and pouty and ready to bounce contestants physically for failure to comply. And I get the warm fuzzies when I see candid pix of Klum out and about with her picture perfect family. Sure I may spit up in my mouth just a little, but that's a small price to pay for the chance to witness this model citizen's world.

What, I wonder, would "Runway" co-host Tim Gunn say about the ensemble below? That's where we come in. This week we turn our well-practiced caption creation skills loose on Ms. Klum. The best entry will be elevated to a position of prominence here in the blog and the writer of that entry may call him (or her) self "Official Celebritology Captionologist" for Halloween week 2007.

(Reuters)

This Week's Top Entries:

1. So that's what happened to the front of Britney's costume. -- POS

2. I can haz say hello to my little butt look big? -- M Street

3. Will Sean Young *ever* stop auditioning for the part of Catwoman?! -- Ray Finkel

4. Heidi Klum attempts to distract the press from discovering the presence of Waldo. -- CatsOutoftheBag

5. Costumed Klum Clubbing Sans Baby Seal. Mr. Natural

By Liz Kelly  | November 1, 2007; 10:43 AM ET
Categories:  Creative Captioning
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Dog the Bounty Hunter Sorry for Racist Rant
Next: Morning Mix: Brit Spends $150K a Month

Comments

"More evidence that things have gotten completely catty at 'Project Runway'"

Posted by: lydacole | November 1, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

"I'll get you, my pretty, and you're little dog, too!"

Posted by: Amelia | November 1, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum lashes out when she learns there's no "Supermodel Cat" in Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats.

Posted by: methinks | November 1, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

"Wait until you see Tim Gunn's costume- he's my litterbox!"

Posted by: lydacole | November 1, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum reveals what husband Seal is too much of a gentleman to say when asked about what attracted him to Heidi.

Posted by: Right Winger | November 1, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum, in an attempt to elevate her career to a new level, appears in a dinner theatre production of Cats.

Posted by: CJB | November 1, 2007 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum models the latest creation from Project Runway Season II contestant, Santino Rice.

Posted by: Stuck@Work | November 1, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Liz, please, please, please post a link to the photos that you post - I can never view them here, but I can always get to the links...

I've seen several other folks say that they cant see the photos either.

my caption - what a "lovely" big white space.

Posted by: sunnydaze | November 1, 2007 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum reacts angrily after being escorted out of Disneyland for subverting the image of Mickey Mouse.

Posted by: CJB | November 1, 2007 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum felt horrible about her and Britney wearing the same costume until she realized that she actually looked good in her cat suit and was a much better mother.

(Okay, that might have been a tad catty)

Posted by: michael | November 1, 2007 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum reacts to Paris' vow to save an endangered Seal.

Posted by: Lisa1 | November 1, 2007 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Catwoman sequel, here I come!

Posted by: 23112 | November 1, 2007 11:52 AM | Report abuse

"PleaseoffertocleanmewithyourtonguePleaseoffertocleanmewithyourtonguePleaseoffertocleanmewithyourtongue."

Posted by: SSMD | November 1, 2007 11:53 AM | Report abuse

So that's what happened to the front of Britney's costume.

Posted by: POS | November 1, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Vastly overestimating his knack for invisibility, Waldo makes a grab for a little dose of cat scratch fever.

Posted by: Thor | November 1, 2007 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CatsOutoftheBag | November 1, 2007 12:03 PM | Report abuse

So do these ears make my butt look big?....sorry, couldn't resist.

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum, responding to the leaked Dog the Bounty Hunger tape

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Oops, it should read:

Heidi Klum, responding to the leaked Dog the Bounty Hunter tape

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum refuses to believe Cats is no longer on broadway

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Let's see Naomi Campbell try to out-fierce me now!

Posted by: Minion | November 1, 2007 12:15 PM | Report abuse

"Britney -- take notes!"

Posted by: 22203 | November 1, 2007 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum reveals the origin of her husband's famous scar.

Posted by: EW | November 1, 2007 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Few people know that prior to her working with Victoria's Secret, Heidi Klum worked at the local PETCO.

Posted by: glebe | November 1, 2007 12:39 PM | Report abuse

This would have been so much easier with a side by side with Brit in her leopard 'tard that's missing the front panel.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | November 1, 2007 12:43 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait for Waldo to hit me with the adrenaline spike

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait for Waldo to hit me with the adrenaline spike

Posted by: SeaTac | November 1, 2007 12:54 PM | Report abuse

"And now we have a man who claims his cat can fly across the room and land in a glass of water...."

Posted by: b | November 1, 2007 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Do these teeth make my mouth look huge?

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Meet my little friend!

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum brings new meaning to the disease "feline distemper."

Posted by: CJB | November 1, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse

You better watch your back Nina Garcia...

Posted by: AlexS | November 1, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

When Tim Gunn saw Heidi's costume, all he could do was sigh and tell her to make it work. She didn't.

Posted by: 1234 | November 1, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum proves she has what it takes as a method actor by coughing up a hairball.

Posted by: CJB | November 1, 2007 1:10 PM | Report abuse

"Heidi Klum reveals the origin of her husband's famous scar.

Posted by: EW | November 1, 2007 12:32 PM "

So mean! But equally funny! Caption Gold!

Posted by: Anonimis | November 1, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Moments before his bizarre murder, Tom Jones was heard to say,
"Pussycat, pussycat
I love you
Yes, I do!
You and your pussycat face!
Whats new pussycat? woah, woah
Whats new pussycat? woah, woah"

Posted by: L8yf8 | November 1, 2007 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Klum tries to rectify Tim Gunn's new show taking too much attention away from her and Project Runway.

Posted by: sjcpeach | November 1, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Heidi, dressed as a malnourished cat, hissed at anyone who came near her with food.

Posted by: Mina | November 1, 2007 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Top this, Tyra Skanks!

Posted by: Wikked | November 1, 2007 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum proves that models really are catty.

Posted by: Meeeeee | November 1, 2007 1:46 PM | Report abuse

I have to say I really hate the Creative Captioning posts, the pictures aren't that original.
Liz you usually give fun posts. but this every week? thats a bit much I already put up with the friday list and the lost stuff. but now we're down to 2 days of new info

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum, actually making it work.

Posted by: jes | November 1, 2007 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum shares a few thoughts with the Celebritology faithful regarding the caption contests and the inability of some cranky readers to come up with an imaginative response.

Posted by: Libidinous Johnson | November 1, 2007 2:00 PM | Report abuse

"PleaseletmewatchyoucleanyourselfwithyourtonguePleaseletmewatchyoucleanyourselfwithyourtonguePleaseletmewatchyoucleanyourselfwithyourtonguePleaseletmewatchyoucleanyourselfwithyourtonguePleaseletmewatchyoucleanyourselfwithyourtongue."

Posted by: byoolin (with apologies to SSMD) | November 1, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Heidi says "Auf Wiedersehen" to her normally stylish self with her homemade cat costume.

Posted by: sjcpeach | November 1, 2007 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Top this, Tyra Skanks!

Posted by: Wikked | November 1, 2007 01:44 PM

My favorite so far

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 2:34 PM | Report abuse

1:46 p.m. - got any cheese to go with that whine?

Once costumed as a cat, Heidi Klum couldn't resist taking a roll in the litter box.

Posted by: b | November 1, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Please don't tell me ultrasuede is making a comeback...

Posted by: Sigh | November 1, 2007 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum wildly misinterprets Coco Chanel's sage words, "In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different."

Posted by: oregonchick | November 1, 2007 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Costumed Klum Clubbing Sans Baby Seal.

Posted by: Mr. Natural | November 1, 2007 3:22 PM | Report abuse

What do I think of you? WHAT do I think of you? Turn this finger up and you'll have your answer, my pretty!!

Posted by: Bogota | November 1, 2007 3:44 PM | Report abuse

She should've gone as an actual seal.

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Costumed Klum Clubbing Sans Baby Seal.

Posted by: Mr. Natural | November 1, 2007 03:22 PM

The BEST so far!!!

Posted by: Snarky Squirrel | November 1, 2007 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Even Heidi Klum is not immune from the evils of the polterwang

(you'll know this term if you read Go Fug Yourself)

Posted by: Office Girl | November 1, 2007 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Minor point to Liz. She's says "you're out" when the contestant is eliminated and the follows up with Auf Wiedersehen.

Posted by: bahston | November 1, 2007 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Klum's Halloween Bash was co-sponsored by Visine and Lamisil.

Posted by: Digger | November 1, 2007 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Reenacting the rumored toilet stall incident, Heidi Klum gives a preview of her artistic interpretation venture, "Rehab! Lindsay Lohan At Le Cirque du Farcique!"

Posted by: Kathmandu | November 1, 2007 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Ok so no funny caption, just the observation that Heidi looks like a rat, not a cat.

Posted by: jelo | November 1, 2007 5:08 PM | Report abuse

After a reporter called Heidi's outfit "auf-worthy," she did the classic Gene Weingarten man-insulting hand gesture.

Posted by: not bluto | November 1, 2007 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Catwalker Heidi Ho's It.

Posted by: Outis | November 1, 2007 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Latest entry on the web site "Cats Who Look Like Hitler."

Posted by: POS | November 1, 2007 5:42 PM | Report abuse

I can haz say hello to my little butt look big?

Posted by: M Street | November 1, 2007 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Costumed Klum Clubbing Sans Baby Seal.

Catwalker Heidi Ho's It.

my opinion only, these are the top two as of 5:51 p.m. i love the "Variety" sound to these two captions. very good.

Posted by: methinks | November 1, 2007 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum took the plastic surgery a little too far.

Posted by: Emily | November 1, 2007 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum's cat costume gets the attention of a Vet costume that tries to take her temperature.

Posted by: Sasquatch | November 1, 2007 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum gloms onto the LOLCAT phenomenon, stating "I CAN THROWZ UP CHEESEBURGER?"

Posted by: akmitc | November 1, 2007 6:15 PM | Report abuse

I agree with jelo ... this is a rat, not a cat.

Posted by: wha? | November 1, 2007 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Heidi seriously misunderstands the phrase "Killer Pussy."

Posted by: Marky | November 2, 2007 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum breaks out a costume from her early modeling career in German fetish pron.

Posted by: Ruby | November 2, 2007 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Get outta here - this isn't a baby seal costume?

Posted by: hågar | November 2, 2007 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Heidi Klum emerges from a lengthy jenkem session.

Posted by: Doug Wann | November 2, 2007 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Will Sean Young *ever* stop auditioning for the part of Catwoman?!?

Posted by: Ray Finkel | November 2, 2007 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Memories! All alone on the..catwalk.
Yeah I did my little turn on the catwalk..
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I shook my little tush on the catwalk.

Posted by: erm | November 2, 2007 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Thus emerges the dark counterpart to the Mouseketeers.

Posted by: AngelaA | November 4, 2007 10:11 PM | Report abuse