Posted at 8:07 AM ET, 11/27/2007

Morning Mix: GQ 'Obsessed' with Hayden Panettiere

By Liz Kelly

Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Victoria Beckham and Melanie Chisholm cheer on fellow Spice Girl Melanie Brown during Monday's 'Dancing with the Stars' broadcast. (AP)

Headlines: Hayden Panettiere named GQ's Obsession of the Year... Wife Jessica says Jerry Seinfeld's film career is over... Matthew McConaughey forced out of home by Malibu fires... Nicole Kidman and U.N. urge an end to violence against women... Nobel laureates honor George Clooney and Don Cheadle for Darfur efforts (List: Top 10 Celebrity Activists)... Salma Hayek poses with baby Valentina... Suri Cruise gets private Spice Girls concert... Melanie Brown in the lead heading into "Dancing with the Stars" finale... Paulina Porizkova replaces Twiggy on "America's Next Top Model"... Quiet Riot singer Kevin Dubrow found dead in Las Vegas home.

Crime Watch: Prosecutor says T.I. had broken gun laws in the past... Macy's suing Kimora Lee Simmons.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears and Kevin Federline under investigation for child abuse?... Spears set to shoot new music video for "Piece of Me" on Tuesday... Lindsay Lohan spends Thanksgiving in therapy -- retail and otherwise... Tom Cruise to guest star on episode of "Dr. Who"... Producers already planning "Sex and the City" movie sequels... Tara Reid reeks, says "Scrubs" creator.

By Liz Kelly  | November 27, 2007; 8:07 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: Bindi Irwin's Croc Men and Other 'Lost' Causes
Next: Occupational Hazard: Celeb Ennui

Comments

Thank goodness that boring Twiggy is leaving. What a snore she was. I don't know this other lady, but it still has to be an upgrade.

Posted by: Mina | November 27, 2007 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Don't you have to have a movie career before it can over? One animated film does not a career make. Are we over the Seinfelds yet?

Posted by: ep | November 27, 2007 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Out the Nerd Time!

I f--king l.o.v.e. "Doctor Who." Always have, always will.

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | November 27, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Allow me to translate this morning's headlines:

-GQ is mildly creepy. Yes, Hayden is 18, but only just.

-Jessica Seinfeld states the obvious.

-Doesn't Matthew McConaughey live in a trailer? Couldn't he just drive it away?

-Impossibly gorgeous actress poses with impossibly cute baby. Impossible!

-Katie Holmes attempts to re-live her teenage years vicariously through her toddler daughter?

Posted by: ASinMoCo | November 27, 2007 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Just wanted to stir the pot....from Robinson's Op-Ed piece this morning:

"Asked by the Hollywood Reporter whether she had any doubts -- not specifically about politics but about herself, about life, about anything -- Winfrey gave this answer:

'No, I don't have any doubts. I really don't. Because I live in a very spiritual space -- not a religious space, but I live in a spiritual space where I understand the connection that we all have with each other. It's not just rhetoric for me. I really do understand the common denominator in the human experience.'"

Posted by: Omaha | November 27, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

ep beat me to it. I was wondering the same thing about Jerry's film career.

Did Posh get a botox injection before MelB performed is that why she could show any emotion? Everyone else seems to be smiling. Also, how on earth did Marie Osmond make it this long in the competition and what the F#$% was that performance?

I tell you everyday I find new reason to love Don Cheadle. Congrats to him and George Clooney.

Posted by: petal | November 27, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

-Bob Geldorf should have place higher than Pam Anderson on the Celebrity Activist List. Posing semi-nudie for PETA is not the same as raising awareness and millions for global poverty.

-Off the topic: Why is Katherine Heigl on EW 25 Top Entertainers List? She is an annoying actress.

Posted by: Lisa1 | November 27, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

*posh looked better as a blonde. and so much happier.

*love don cheadle. love him.

*the seinfelds. don't love 'em.

*GQ: go pick on women your own age.

Posted by: methinks | November 27, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Tara Reid stinks? There's a shocker. Next they'll be telling us that Jerry Seinfeld is an a-hole.

Posted by: surlychick | November 27, 2007 9:29 AM | Report abuse

In the rumor mill, Britney is a bad mom... Who knew?

Posted by: jes | November 27, 2007 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Yayy, no more Twiggy. I liked her the first time or two she was on, mostly because it was like, hey, Twiggy, she's famous! but man did she get old fast. They should've had her on for one show or one season at the most.

Posted by: h3 | November 27, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

I'm pretty creeped out by GQ's naming Hayden Panetierre their Obsession of the Year. As another stated, she's just barely 18! Practically a child, it's very strange. Even though she's certainly beautiful, I'd hope GQ would have the class to be obsessed with an adult rather than a kid. Guess that's just our youth-obsessed culture. I can see it and I'm only 23!

Posted by: Noelle | November 27, 2007 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Mina, Paulina Porizkova is a former model has been married to Rick Ocasik (sp?) of the Cars (remember them?) for like 20 years.

Posted by: Anonymous | November 27, 2007 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, anon @ 9:59. I'm probably a lost cause though, because I have no clue who Rick Ocasik or the Cars are either. But I'm still glad Paulina Porizkova, whoever she is, is replacing that zombie Twiggy.

Posted by: Mina | November 27, 2007 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Jerry's film career is over? Please can Jessica's "writing" career be over, too? Please?

Posted by: Organic Gal | November 27, 2007 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Paulina Porizkova was on Dancing With the Stars last season (the one with Joey Fatone). I think she was the first "star" to be eliminated. Oh and she was in an 80's movie with Tom Selleck.

Posted by: Stuck @ Work | November 27, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

First, let me get on the love bandwagon for Don Cheadle. Yay Don Cheadle!

Also -- vindication for my imaginary list of celebs who stink!

Posted by: Other Liz | November 27, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

I really, REALLY hope the Tom Cruise story isn't true. I could put up with his weird, self-congratulatory, I-should-be-the-star-of-everything attitude--but this is beyond the beyonds. You DO NOT touch Doctor Who!! What he is going to be, Xenu or something?

Russell T Davies, are you listening?

Geek-out over.

Posted by: tamerlane | November 27, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

maybe they'll have cruise be a dalek.... i'd watch that!

Posted by: b | November 27, 2007 11:19 AM | Report abuse

It'd be kinda cool to see Tom Cruise destroyed in some cheesy BBC effects shop kind of way. Even at 12 seconds, it would be a better performance than MI:3.

PS... If Scientology tries to co-opt this show, I'll lose it.

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | November 27, 2007 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Is anyone sure Victoria Beckham actually was at "Dancing"? She looks suspiciously like a store mannequin in that shot. :\

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | November 27, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

I think mannequins have a higher BMI and look more lifelike than Victoria Beckham, tho'.

Thanks, petal, for answering for me the question of her frozen face. I thought perhaps the razor-sharp, could-slice-cheese cheekbones impeded her ability to move any muscles around her mouth.

Jerry Seinfeld's film career is over? Really? Does he know about this? Or does "wife" just make the decisions?

I wonder if SJP will have found herself some deep conditioner by the time the SATC sequels roll out.

Whoa, I guess I *do* have snarkiness in me today.

Valentina ... love that name.

Posted by: Californian | November 27, 2007 12:45 PM | Report abuse

valentina (aka baby hayek) is almost as beautiful as her mom. nice picture.

Posted by: methinks | November 27, 2007 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Celebs who stink ... Don't know why, but it just makes me laugh. I'd love to see that as a Friday list!! (hint, hint, Liz ... :-)

Posted by: Californian | November 27, 2007 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I'll be the first. My thoughts and prayers for the family of Mr. Dubrow, one of the few guys to make it out of the 80's without either an addiction, a massively swelled head or both. I Bang My Head to the Noize in his memory.

Posted by: EricS | November 27, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

I don't know which is worse - the possibility of Tom Cruise, or the possibility of Billie Piper coming back. Russell, you wouldn't screw up your own canon on us, would you? Please? Unless you can bring Eccleston back and have a lovely utterly screwed up wibbly wobbly ball of a timeline - I could support Rose back under those conditions.

(also, why do we need Tom Cruise? We've already got John Barrowman.)

Posted by: MB | November 27, 2007 3:06 PM | Report abuse

I caught part of DWTS last night, and wondered if that was Posh when the camera panned to the audience.

Me: "Hmmm, let's see... emaciated body, vapid expression, permanent pout, huge diamond ring, ginormous tah-tahs. Must be Posh."

Posted by: MisterBear | November 27, 2007 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Judging from the shine, Posh's wax figure from Madame Tussaud's sat in for her.

Posted by: Anonymous | November 27, 2007 3:59 PM | Report abuse