Posted at 11:22 AM ET, 12/19/2007

Jamie Lynn Spears, in the Family Way

By Liz Kelly

Jamie Lynn Spears: All grown up now? (Getty Images)

So Jamie Lynn Spears has outdone her sister. As noted in this morning's Mix, the 16-year-old sibling-in-waiting to Britney (aka Trainwreck of the Year) managed with two little words to shift the spotlight away from her sister's hairball of a life in L.A. and on to her own in Kentwood, La. Those two words? "I'm pregnant."

But it's impossible to be the sister of Britney Spears -- the same Britney who shared her wedding night details with People Magazine, shaved her own head and self-immolated on-stage at the VMAs -- to quietly step back from her public life (as star of Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101") and figure this thing out. Instead, the minor announced her news from the bright, busy cover of OK Magazine. There she sits, all H&M get-up, hip hair and lip gloss with the gigantic-sized letters announcing her situation to the world. (Just to the left is a smaller headline proclaiming Katie Holmes "Mommy of the Year.")

How could this have happened? Many ask how a young couple -- especially one in the public eye -- can be so unprepared for the consequences of sexual activity. Let's see what Jamie Lynn had to say:

"It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," Jamie Lynn told OK. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

Apparently Sex Ed isn't a strong suit in the Spears family. Someone get this girl to a screening of "Juno" quick. I'm sure anyone else who has already seen this movie will join me in wishing Ellen Page would mosey down to Louisiana and drop-kick some sense into this girl.

Of course, it all comes back to Britney -- and right now, Brit is either in denial or not privy to her family's family planning news. When confronted with the happy news last night, Brit told a horde of photographers "My sister's not pregnant." Will her sister's situation drive our Brit further over the edge or will this finally bring her back into the Spears fold? We'll explore that here tomorrow.

In the meantime, let's cast some hasty judgment on the Jamie Lynn situation.

Read more about Jamie Lynn in Style's article: Baby on Board for Britney's Sis

By Liz Kelly  | December 19, 2007; 11:22 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: 16-Year-Old Jamie Lynn Spears Pregnant
Next: 'Lost' Book Club: 'Through the Looking Glass'

Comments

That family is just a class act aren't they?

Posted by: Dan | December 19, 2007 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Yes, they were in shock because according to her sister, you can get pregnant if you have sex upside down in a swimming pool while singing the Star Spangled Banner.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Do ya'all get the feeling that Louisiana is getting sick of the bad name the Spears family is giving them and revoke their citizenship. Like, we have a limit on families, so the Jolie-Pitts are in, the Spears are out?

I find it shocking that in this day and age a 16 year old girl does not know where babies come from. The educational system might suck in basics like reading, writing and 'rithmetic, but they're right up there on educating about sex (please note the number of states refusing federal sex ed funds because they must teach abstinence only if they accept the money).

Posted by: ep | December 19, 2007 12:16 PM | Report abuse

There's no point in blaming anyone now; the baby's on the way. One comment, though: she's sixteen and he's nineteen. A guy who's old enough to be in college is too old to be "going out" with a girl halfway through the the tenth grade. Depending on the laws in Louisiana and how old they were when the relationship began, he might even be looking at a statutory rape charge. This is a family that could really use some help from a good counselor.

Posted by: JanetK | December 19, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

oh please...the only two people at fault here are the lovebirds who created this new life.

every kid in high school, and earlier, knows about a variety of types of birth control and how to get it. i have three grown children and have worked with high schools for years..the information is out there, even in schools that use abstinence education as part of their sex ed. curriculum.

Posted by: methinks | December 19, 2007 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Wait, wait, wait. JL Spears and boyfriend were living together? At 16 and 19 years of age? Seriously? That is eff'd up and if it is true and deserves a "wow..." of ginormous proportion.

Posted by: PGM | December 19, 2007 12:23 PM | Report abuse

What's really shocking is that a 16-year old girl apparently doesn't know effective birth control. Really bad career move, really bad life choice. But, with her family composition, should we really be all that surprised.

Posted by: pnina | December 19, 2007 12:25 PM | Report abuse

I know this is TOTALLY jaded of me, but does anyone else have a small, sneaking suspicion that this "announcement" was designed to divert attention from her big sister at the time when all of the end-of-year lists will be coming out? I'm wondering if Junior Miss Trainwreck might not conveniently "lose" the baby sometime in February....

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 12:30 PM | Report abuse

gosh, 12:30, you're so jaded.

Posted by: methinks | December 19, 2007 12:32 PM | Report abuse

It is possible that her birth control failed. Anyone know if they even used condoms? If not, I just want to smack them both. How do you not know that you could get pregnant from sex? It's basic biology! It's not like conception is that hard to prevent either. But, as I said, it's possible that her birth control failed. That's why there is a-b-o-r-t-i-o-n. Even if the bc failed, the fault lies only with the teens in question.

I agree that there might be some statutory rape going on here, and that 16 is FAR TOO YOUNG to be living with the boyfriend! How did the mom allow that?

Posted by: DC Cubefarm | December 19, 2007 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps it was not the boyfriend, but Britney's ex husband? He can make pregnant even a lampost just by looking at it..

Posted by: Fed-Ex? | December 19, 2007 12:38 PM | Report abuse

i feel sorry for the child.

"Mom!? Aunt Britney is passed out in the living room again... aw man, she threw up in my shoes!"

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | December 19, 2007 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Wow. That's about all I can say. And those Spears girls are fertile!

Posted by: WDC 21113 | December 19, 2007 12:46 PM | Report abuse

At least we know she cannot pretend to still be a virgin like her big sis did at this age! Agh, remember innocent Britney?

Posted by: Betty | December 19, 2007 12:46 PM | Report abuse

For the poll, we need an all of the above option.

Posted by: md | December 19, 2007 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Is it too early to speculate on whether or not the 'NickAtNite IUD' will be recalled?

Posted by: byoolin | December 19, 2007 1:09 PM | Report abuse

At least I hope we are spared the "sans underwear" shots until the poor girl turns 18.

Posted by: Spectator2 | December 19, 2007 1:13 PM | Report abuse

the NANIUD!!

Posted by: BBFL | December 19, 2007 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Who really cares? And if you do, seriously get a life.

Posted by: Lopez808 | December 19, 2007 1:24 PM | Report abuse

"I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

Ummmm? Why? Because she wasn't having sex?

If she wasn't having sex, then we're all shocked along with those two.

But mostly we're just depressed.

Posted by: Amelia | December 19, 2007 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Man i wish her da best of luck n thangs happen but that is making her look realy bad and giving her a bad rep! She shouls be setting a example for her fans!....i wonder will she lose them?.......

Posted by: lcb | December 19, 2007 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Now see what you've done, Liz Kelly?

You've upset Lopez808.

Calm down there, big fella. We're just havin' some fun. Liz Kelly didn't mean nothin' by it. Have a drink. We're all friends here. Do you know Che?

Posted by: byoolin | December 19, 2007 1:39 PM | Report abuse

WHAT THE HELL FIRST THE OLDER ONE THEN THE YOUNGER ONE! UGHH WELL JAMIE U RUINED UR SELF GUESS YOU DONT LEARN FROM OTHERS MISTAKES! WE ACUTTALY BELIEVED IN U!

Posted by: Famous | December 19, 2007 1:43 PM | Report abuse

You can take the girl out of the trailer....

Honestly, you were "in shock?" I mean, I never took a health class or sex ed class in all of my ears in school, but I still know how one can get pregnant. It does not take a genius to figure that out!

oddly, enough, I am moving to Louisiana next month to go to grad school.....If there are any WaPo celebritiologists who wish me to wish me to find the young Miss Spears and smack her upside the head (me included).....

Posted by: VAtoLA | December 19, 2007 1:43 PM | Report abuse

This is ridiculous, but she is hot so im jealous

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 1:45 PM | Report abuse

HAHAHAHAHAHA What a retard. I bet that even two sprcial educated teenagers would be smarter than that and most of them do not fully understand the consequences of their actions. Not making fun of them. But i mean honestly is this not a role-model i wish my 15 year old sister to have who happens to enjoy the zoey 101 show. And quite frank the only way they could have been possibly shocked was if they accidently slipped on and he went in her on accident again unliky!

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 1:47 PM | Report abuse

This IS statuory rape in Louisiana and California. Genalow Wilson (a black teen)served 2 years for statuatory rape- and didnt even get the girl pregnant. I bet the DA doesnt even go after Casey Aldrege. What a racist country we live in.

Posted by: Brent | December 19, 2007 1:48 PM | Report abuse

OK, it's not like Jamie Lynn discovered original sin or anything: Melanie Griffith 14, Don Johnson 22. Although Melanie's mother seemingly made sure Melanie knew about birth control.

Posted by: soso | December 19, 2007 1:53 PM | Report abuse

I feel bad for her only because it would suck to be 16 years old and pregnant. But for the mother to sit back and let her live with her 19 year old boyfriend is HORRENDOUS parenting... does the poor unborn child have a chance?

Posted by: xtine | December 19, 2007 1:54 PM | Report abuse

so what if her and her bf were living together at 16 and 19. He's supporting her, isnt he? and so is her mom, yes? Why does everyone get all wrapped up in celebrity gossip? Stupid, really.

Posted by: 'Lixie | December 19, 2007 1:55 PM | Report abuse

This really sends out a terrible message to young girls who will now think that it's "cute" and "cool" to get knocked-up so young. I don't understand why they were so shocked that she got pregnant... there are just so many things wrong with this situation. Now this poor baby is going to grow up with a teenage mom a crazy aunt a wack-job for a grandmother and a missing grandfather not to mention a surfer-dude for a father. Oh but lets not forget where the happy parents to be met...CHURCH.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I dunno, I got unexpectedly pregnant at 26 and I'd had tons of sex and tons of partners before that point. It was still a total shock in the way that surprises are.

I don't know what this particular couple did or didn't use or how in denial they chose to be in the throes of teenage lust, but certainly OK magazine isn't the best way to start a family.

Posted by: Liz D | December 19, 2007 1:58 PM | Report abuse

"You can take the girl out of the trailer park, but............" you know the rest

Posted by: Dan | December 19, 2007 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Lixie-

He was supporting her??? I'm pretty sure she can support herself considering she's a the star of her own show and obviously you're "wrapped up in celebrity gossip" too if you took time out of your day to comment. Parents shouldn't let their underage children live with their boyfriends, period.

Posted by: xtine | December 19, 2007 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Can I just point out that this is the blog for celebrity gossip. If you don't like it don't read it, but don't come here and complain about it. You are on a page called celegritology!!

Posted by: MGC | December 19, 2007 2:03 PM | Report abuse

If Jamie is 16 and her boyfriend is 19, does that not count as "Statutory Rape"??

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Also, Brent, where's the outcry over the state of white culture?!? Where's Bill Cosby moralizing about white teen pregnancy? Where are the Bell Curve people talking about race and IQ?!? Where are the conservatives on this?!?

Posted by: Tubbs | December 19, 2007 2:05 PM | Report abuse

WOW... Being as thick and backward as the Spears family is, I think they should do a backgroud check on Casey... He may turn out to be her cousin.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 2:05 PM | Report abuse

The last time I checked, a grown man having sex with a child qualifies as statuatory rape, no matter who he or she is - no one is above the law, right? Why hasn't this child rapist been charged with a crime yet? Every other time you hear about adults having sex with kids in the news, the adult goes to jail for it. THis guy should be arrested and charged with rape. And what kind of role model is this girl for all the kids who watch her "Zoey 101" show on Nickelodeon? Is this the kind of behavior Nickelodeon is promoting to kids? This story is sick.

Posted by: tom | December 19, 2007 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Girls at her age get pregnant all the time, EVERYDAY. This isn't anything resent. It's only cause she's famous, there making a big "hoop la" about it. I know she was a little irresponsible at her age. But being 16 means being irresponsible. We've all made stupid mistakes. Not saying that she's stupid or a her child was a mistake. What we should be doing is looking at what is positive. This incident might put Britney in the perspective of being a better mom, and role-model. It might bring the family closer. DON'T BASH her mom either. Most 16 yrs old girls never listen to there mom to begin with. Throw in the fact that she's making her own money. Honestly, what can her mother tell her. Open your eyes people.. There are girls out there caught up in situations like this who don't have support or money. Why not talk about them.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 2:08 PM | Report abuse

i think jamie is setting a good example to us teens we wanna have sex so let us have sex u all did so let us do it.

Posted by: messed up teen | December 19, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Given what I'd seen and read, I thought Jamie Lynn was the one member of the Spears family with her head on straight. Sadly, I was mistaken.

One can only hope that she will step up, get her life in order, and avoid the tragic and seemingly nonstop emotional descent that we have witnessed in Britney.

Posted by: niceFLguy | December 19, 2007 2:12 PM | Report abuse

I think that jamie ia a reasonsible teenager who is taking on a huge problem and is going to deal with it like an adult an so what if she is 16 and her boyfriend is 19 my boyfriend is 19 and i'm 16 so i wish you the best of luck and i'm happy that you decided to keep the baby i still love you jamie Lynn!!!!

Posted by: Sabrina | December 19, 2007 2:12 PM | Report abuse

What a family. Unbelievable. Complete idiots.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Its the stupid moms fault! She is the one who needs to go to paranting school. How the kids turn out always reflects on the parents.

Also having a kid at the age of six-teen is not that unheard of in america. I have seven-teen friends right now who are all pregnant. Their ages range from 10 to eighteen.

I think its their moms fault because she dosent know how to be a parent.

Posted by: liz | December 19, 2007 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Well, That is what you get when you allow your 16 year old daughter to live with her 19 year old boyfriend. The woman practically endorsed this behavior. At 16 her little behind should be living with her parents. All I have to say is way to go mom. Your older kid is a raging drug addict and your 16 year old is pregnant, most probably because you allowed her and her 19 year old boyfriend to play house together. And the lady has the audacity to write a book about parenting? She wouldn't have an idea of a good book on the subject if it hit her between the eyes with a 2x4. Some people have no sense.

Posted by: fortheclueless | December 19, 2007 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I think ger show Zoe 101 should be cancelled - she is a bad role model for all the young girls that follow her show.

Posted by: FedUp | December 19, 2007 2:16 PM | Report abuse

I voted that Mom Lynn should take some responsibility, but I think Dad Jamie should share the blame, too. What kind of example did he set for his daughters, if they both picked such trashy men to have premarital babies with?

Posted by: Anon | December 19, 2007 2:16 PM | Report abuse

I think it is Jamie Lynn's fault, but im not gunna blame her. I really like her and repsect her disisions. I think the baby will hav a good mom, Jamie Lynn is no Brittany, but Brittany did set the bad examples.

Posted by: Serenity | December 19, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

The fact that the parents allowed their 16 year old daughter to live with her 19 year old boyfriend is going to make it very hard to prosecute statutary rape.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Such degenerates

Posted by: Joe Fox | December 19, 2007 2:25 PM | Report abuse

by the way, I still like the whole family except the mom.

I love Jamie's show and Britney's music.

and this is just a thought what if she's not really pregnant?

Posted by: liz again.. | December 19, 2007 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anon | December 19, 2007 02:16 PM

Well, Brit was married, so no premarital babies there...

Anyone know how many more Spears kids there are?? I thought there was a son...

Posted by: WDC 21113 | December 19, 2007 2:26 PM | Report abuse

the entire family is disfunctional already.
who did not expected this to happen to jaime.

Posted by: mr. x | December 19, 2007 2:30 PM | Report abuse

You have 10 year old friend who's pregnant? Is that even possible?!?!?

Posted by: Liz @ 2:14pm | December 19, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse

People are stupid i mean come on like i see 14 15 year old girls getting pregnet and some girl even having two kids before 17 so why dont you all get a life....and stop putting down other people.

Posted by: ryan | December 19, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

whoo cares shove it u people. its not u so shut up.

Posted by: gay | December 19, 2007 2:36 PM | Report abuse

I admit, at 16 having a baby is very young and could be very stressful for both the parents...Jamie Lynn is not the only one to blame, remember takes 2 to tango...I myself at age 27 have 2 kids and I find myself under lot of stress and pressure so I can just imagine a 16 year old being a mom...Too young! Britney Spears is not to blame, So I think people should just leave her the hell alone and stop blaming her for her sister's pregnancy accident. Their mother is part to blame, she's never there to help them on their downfall, She's living out of her daughter's fortune, and can care less what they do. So really I feel sorry for those girl's, they are heading for a deep downfall.

Posted by: AngelsWings | December 19, 2007 2:41 PM | Report abuse

I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about this at least she has the common sence to take responsbility for her actions! this kinda thing happends everyday why does it only make news when its someone in the spot light everyone is acting like shes the first 16 year old WOMEN to become pregnant! well shes not!!!! this coming from someone who had her first child at the tender age of 16 and yes its hard but its not rocket since women have been doing it forever
take a look back in history and young women have been having babys at the age of 16 and even younger since the beging of time!!! If your old enough to have sex your old enough to take care of a baby and i'm not saying go out and do it!!!! it is batter to wait for marrage but sometimes things happen and just because it was unplanned doesn't make it a mistake! whats the difference between a 16, 25 or a 30 year old? as long as your doing what you have to do and taking care of that baby there is none! I bet she'll make a grate mother and maybe even better then the 25 year old thats delivering her baby down the hall!!!!! Best wishes Jamie Lynn to you your family and the new baby on the way congrats! p.s. It just shows she is old enough by deciding to keep her unborn child most girls wouldn't make a grown up choice like that!

Posted by: Megan | December 19, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

16 is too young to really understand what it means to care for a child. Heck, Brit was over 18 and she can't figure it out. The best thing I ever heard to describe what being a teen parent is like "it's like being grounds until the kid is 18." When her friends are out clubbing, she will be home with the kid. When her friends are hanging at the mall, she will be changing diapers.

Lynne Spears is fast passing Dina Lohan as worst mom.

Posted by: ep | December 19, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

You can all look forward to pics of the little strumpet's "baby bump." Awww, how cute is that?

Posted by: Spectator2 | December 19, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Ryan, you are clearly an imbecile. And an inarticulate and intellectually stunted one at that.

Thank you for your illogical and pointless contribution. You may now return to whatever sandbox you were playing in previously.

Posted by: MisterBear | December 19, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Please stop using this news to make further attacks against Britney. At least she waited till she was old enough to have kids. There is nothing wrong with their family, just because they are in the spotlight and so many people love to use them as scapegoats in order to amuse themselves and their little friends. Grow up. If you must criticise anyone in the Spears family let it be Jamie who has gone from a worthy role model for young teens to another underage single mom. Jamie has not been responsible no matter what Disney's official statement says. Her older boyfriend should marry her and find a place for them to live to raise their child when it is born next year. But I fear many will think it is ok that she be so young and single with a baby.

Posted by: Campion | December 19, 2007 2:45 PM | Report abuse

First of all, abortion is never the answer (baby killers)! 2nd, just because her sister is not the smartest mother, doesn't mean Jamie will be the same way. I don't blame the mother at all, there are many factors that can lead to britney's crazines. Many child stars become drug addicts. Sure, brit didn't set a good example for Jamie, but in a way I think Jamie will learn from britney's mistakes. Having kids at a young age doesn't make a person a bad mom! I had my first baby at 19 and my second at 20, for me they only motivated me to do better with my life. Hopefully she'll have the same luck. And by the way, it's not statutory rape unless the mom presses charges!

Posted by: Annette | December 19, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: methinks | December 19, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Damn, I was hoping for naked pictures or a sex tape from her before she got all pregnant and her young body is going to be ruined. Any news on Britney's sex tape?

Posted by: Ronnie | December 19, 2007 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Isn't funny how obvious it is that the kids are out of school and how you can tell how young a poster is by their punctuation (or lack thereof) and improper spelling/text message typing?

Posted by: Betty | December 19, 2007 2:49 PM | Report abuse

LoudounVoter-

Do you think she'll pose nude on the cover of Marie Claire like Christina Aguilera did? haha.

Posted by: xtine | December 19, 2007 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Great minds think alike methinks! :)

Posted by: Betty | December 19, 2007 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Trash.

Posted by: Predictable | December 19, 2007 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone else noticed that the level of discourse here has sunk way below the norm for celebritology?

Posted by: still | December 19, 2007 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Het boyfirnd needs to go to Jail for rape! If I had sex with a 16 year old girl and got her pregnant, you can believe I'd be in jail. I'm 21 yrs old.

Posted by: Mike | December 19, 2007 2:53 PM | Report abuse

I knew this was statutory rape!! he should be jailed!!

Posted by: NALL92 | December 19, 2007 2:55 PM | Report abuse

But what I really want to know is...what is it about this post that is attracting all these comments from bad spellers? Looks like Jamie Lynn has some barely-literate fans out there.

Posted by: arlington | December 19, 2007 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Casey Aldridge should be in jail for raping this young woman. She can not give consent to sex because by California law, she needs to be 18 to give consent. So folks, she was raped and Casey is a rapist. I hope the law steps in on this one and puts him behind bars.

But Alas, they are rich and white. So I'm sure the law will look the other way on this one. Sucks.

Posted by: William | December 19, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Check out the case of Genarlow Wilson. He was 17 and got oral sex from a 15 year old girl and got convicted and sentenced to 10 years in jail! (The sentence was later overturned by a 4-3 vote, which means 3 judges thought he should serve 10 years!) He ended up serving two years for getting oral sex, which was illegal. The thing about this case however, he was Black the girl was white.

So, Casey Aldridge clearly broke the law, and we all know HE wont get ANY jail time.

Everyone else sees the injustice in this right?

Posted by: William | December 19, 2007 3:02 PM | Report abuse

It was a very bad decision on both her and her boyfriends part, but you have to take into consideration what kind of stress she is under dealing with Britney and the obvious lack of guidence her mother provides her with. I think everyone can share the blame when it comes to this situation, but I'm proud of their decision to keep the baby and try to make things right. The main thing now though is to focus on giving the baby a good life. Not in the sense of expensive items, but it should be raised with proper care and should be taught better values than the Spears have shown.

Posted by: Natalie | December 19, 2007 3:03 PM | Report abuse

arlington, they're not only 'bad spellers', they're apparently all lawyers, too. Who knew the bar for passing the bar was set so low?

Posted by: byoolin | December 19, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

I hope the State of California puts this guy, Casey Aldridge in jail for statutory rape.

Simply put, she's under 18 and can not legally give consent. He's 19 years old... so technically he raped her.

If he gets away with this, they should just throw that law out altogether. I know a lot of guys that would really like that!

Posted by: David | December 19, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Teenage pregnancies happen every day in this country. What makes THIS one so shocking is that young Jamie Lynn may soon be spiraling downward at a faster rate then her sister -- if that's possible -- who has had a total and utter meltdown right in front of the cameras for the whole world to see.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Umm, extraneous junk aside....

It's not statutory as far as I know. The age difference is only 3 years. it's a slightly creapy 3 years at 16-19, but it's still only 3 years, and she's not 12.

It really is a punchlien that writes itself. the elder Mizz Spears certainly goes down as the worst celebrity parent, well, ever at this point. Tito Jackson is less of a screw up this point.

But you know what pisses me off the most? She's 16, he's 19 and quite obviously they've been getting busy pretty regularly. Meanwhile I'm 26 I haven't even had a date in almost 2 years.

Posted by: EricS | December 19, 2007 3:09 PM | Report abuse

VAtoLA...That's how I got to Louisiana too! Yay grad school :)

Posted by: PGM | December 19, 2007 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Is it really well established that they were living together, or is this just a rumor? It would certainly contradict the mother's assertion of a "curfew."

Posted by: Kly | December 19, 2007 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gurlie | December 19, 2007 3:14 PM | Report abuse

What Casey Aldridge and Spears did is statutory under California law. If the age difference is 3 years or more it is a felony. If the age difference is less than 3 years it is a misdemeanor, as long as his age is above 18. So, in either scenario, he is at fault and should be punished accordingly. Sorry, buddy, those are just the facts.

Posted by: Will | December 19, 2007 3:14 PM | Report abuse

"you can tell by the level of commenting, spelling, and general tone of the comments that the kids are out of school."

Yeah, and this is just the type of story to get their little fingers moving on the keyboard. What about "messed up teen" above who is whining about wanting to have sex and can't even spell yet?

Be prepared for the fallout, honey. It's tougher when you don't have your own tv show and a rich sister.

BTW, a pregnant teen doesn't necessarily indicate bad parenting, but both a pregnant teen living with her bf AND a s1utty crackhead/unfit-mother daughter might.

Posted by: Mina | December 19, 2007 3:14 PM | Report abuse

So I guess the celebrity minature pet fad has been replaced by babies....I'm getting tired of constantly reading about all these unmarried young starlets getting knocked up. Haven't they learned from Big Sis Briteney that being a mother really drags down your social life? Or at least, it should drag down your social life....These celebrities have so much money, they can buy as many nannies as they need...Meanwhile, all these young impressionable teenagers will suffer when they get pregnant 'cause it's the cool hip thing to do.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 3:14 PM | Report abuse

"How could anyone think that this pregnancy thing was the mother's fault?! That's like saying britney's shaved head and pink wig was her fault too. These kids are screwed up."

And they both have the same mother. Duh. Do the math.

Posted by: Mina | December 19, 2007 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Genarlow Wilson endured an injustice. Therefore having anyone else not suffer the same injustice is unjust. Gotcha.

Posted by: Kly | December 19, 2007 3:15 PM | Report abuse

To Will:

Yeah, but Casey Aldrige is white/rich, we both know he's not going to jail. Sucks, I know. Not fair one bit.

Posted by: Janice | December 19, 2007 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Yes, thanks to people like Jamie Lynn Spears having sex will suddenly become popular.

Posted by: Kly | December 19, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

So if I'm rich and white I can rape youg girls? Sweet! I'm moving to California and becoming an actor, musician, etc.

Little girls, here I come!

Posted by: Mack | December 19, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

everyone who is saying that jamie lynn and her boyfriend are stupid and asking yourselfs how did she not know where babies come from SHE DID..any one knows that by the time there 12 at least. she may have not used a condom or not be on bc who knows but i am also 16 and almost everyone i know at my school has had sex with there boyfriend or just a random hookup. now a days kids are having sex at younger and younger ages. i know one girl who got pregnent because the condom broke and made the immature decision of getting an abortion. people should be proud of jamie lynn for the way that she is handling this difficult and extrememly disappointing situatoin by acting like an adult. also, its her BOYFRIEND who got her pregnent, why would you charge him with statutory rape, do you want the baby to have a teen mother and a dad in jail? i coudlnt think of a worse idea than that. so do her a favor and cut her a break..kids mess up and this happens to be a big mess up but it doesnt mean she'll be a bad mom or anything like her sister. leave her alone shes doing the best she can already.

Posted by: jamiefan101 | December 19, 2007 3:19 PM | Report abuse

The commenters in today's posting make me remind me of why I stopped reading The Fix. Also, It saddens me that most of these kids aren't that much younger than my little brother which makes me worried about the future of literacy in this country.

Posted by: michael | December 19, 2007 3:21 PM | Report abuse

If Casey gets away with this. They should throw out the statutory rape law!

I want to be able to get away with sex with a 16 year old as well.

Posted by: Mitch | December 19, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

KIDS ARE SMARTER THAN ADULTS. DIDN'T ANYBODY SEE KID NATION? NO DUH. MY FRIEND KNOWS A GUY FROM THAT SHOW AND THEY HAD SEX ALL THE TIME AND STILL MADE THE WHOLE TOWN WORK. KIDS CAN HAVE SEX IF THEY WANT TO, SO SHUT UP!

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Honestly though, if their mom was any kind of a caring mother, she would have 1)took Jamie Lynn out of the spotlight after what Britney became and 2)would have realized that by having an older sister that is very irrisponsible, it was very likely that Jamie would be worse. I have a younger sister who at Jamie's age was very rebellious but my mom didn't let her go live with her boyfriend. Until a child is 18, they cannot run away or move out if the parent doesn't want them too (unless they get emancipated).

The biggest problem in this family is too much money and no common sense. Jamie should have never been introduced to the entertainment business, at least then she couldn't make big mistakes till she is on her own at 18.

Posted by: wtf | December 19, 2007 3:25 PM | Report abuse

"I want to be able to get away with sex with a 16 year old as well."

Wherever the kids go, so go the pedophiles.

Posted by: Mina | December 19, 2007 3:26 PM | Report abuse

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
"kid's are smarter than adults"

"Kid Nation" HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Good stuff!

Posted by: William | December 19, 2007 3:27 PM | Report abuse

"Wherever the kids go, so go the pedophiles."

Tell that to Casey Aldridge, he knows that 1st hand.

Posted by: Warren | December 19, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Warren
Mitch

Pedophile count: Two (or one is the likely case that Warren and Mitch are the same people.)

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but if "the act" took place in California where they've been living, it's not "statutory rape." Under California law (specifically, Calif. Penal Code sections 261-269) it might at best be "unlawful sexual intercourse" since he's over 18 and she's under 18. And yes, there IS a difference. The definition of "statutory rape" varies from state to state, however, so if "the act" took place in another state, and that state has a statutory provision that makes a 19-year-old having sex with a 16-year-old "rape" (which California doesn't), then it might be statutory rape in that state; but it's not in California.

Regardless of all of that, idiot-boy obviously wasn't paying attention on Trojan day in health class...

Posted by: Gr8day4bsbll | December 19, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

To Miss Anonymous,

"likely case that Warren and Mitch are the same people"

Please do not confuse me with Mitch.

Thanks!

Posted by: Warren | December 19, 2007 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Instead of abortion, why not consider adoption? Sadly, that won't happen should this child come full-term. This child will be just like his/her cousins.......mama too busy partying/whoring around to be a mama, daddy looking to make a name for himself, being raised by a nanny.

Posted by: stacy | December 19, 2007 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Hey Gr8day4bsbll,

"unlawful sexual intercourse" is illegal and has an appropriate punishment that goes along with it.

We're assuming they had sex in California. If so, in CA, if the age difference is 3 years or more it is a felony. If the age difference is less than 3 years it is a misdemeanor "unlawful sexual intercourse", as long as his age is above 18. So, in either scenario, he is at fault and should be punished accordingly.

Posted by: William | December 19, 2007 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Holy boll of yarn................ lol OMG you ppl are acting like shes gone and killed someone shes freakin pregnant and it happends everyday or have you all been living under some kinda rock for about 40 years???? and i really don't think its the mothers falt its j.l's and it seems like shes taking complete responsibility for her actions I could see the big deal if the head lines read "Baby spears kills unborn child" or "Jamie Lynn Spears gets abotion" or somethign like that i think she is setting an examble to a different range of young girls out there now to step up and take responsibility for your actions but all of us are just making her out to be the bad guy. and all you ppl out there saying its the family its the mother omg its the father no it was brits falt get a life it was none of them shes a 16 year old girl that is old enough to make her own mind up and i think its clear she chose to have sex and now she chose to take responsibility for that choice. theres alot of young girls out there that wouldn't even think twice on having an abortion! and another thing i'm sure theres tons of parents that had a talk with their children about the many tipes of birthcontrole and still had their child girl or boy come home and say i'm pregnant or i got my g/f/ pregnant!!!!!!!

Posted by: Megan | December 19, 2007 3:37 PM | Report abuse

It's also interesting to note that Celebritology tends to be fairly politics-neutral, except on those days when the commentary turns to out-of-wedlock pregnancies, premarital sex, abortion, and child rearing. Then the right-wingers seem to crawl magically from the woodwork to preach their conservative family values and sling their damnation and disgust at anyone who dares to disagree with their world view.

Posted by: niceFLguy | December 19, 2007 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Hi Megan,

Unfortunately, by law, she can not make up her own mind. This might not make sense to you sweetie, but we have laws in this country that say anyone under 18 can not make up their own mind about many things. For example: sex, alcohol consumption, etc. So darling, she's is considered a child. And a grown man by the name of Casey Aldridge raped her. That is called statutory rape. You'll have to Google that one for yourself, honey. Hope this helps.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Megan, your rant makes no sense and you need to learn how to spell (e.g. "many tipes of birthcontrole").

Posted by: still | December 19, 2007 3:44 PM | Report abuse

news flash: Ma Spears' book on parenting -- from a Christian book publisher, of course -- is on hold! But not as a result of the little ho's pregnancy. Riiiight.

Posted by: Spectator2 | December 19, 2007 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Wow! This isn't the usual crew. Byoolin, come back, these people aren't funny enough.

Posted by: h3 | December 19, 2007 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Annette: You didn't mention if your children have the same father or if you married the father(s).

Posted by: Spectator2 | December 19, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

I think the craziness on celebritology is due to the fact that the link to the poll - as opposed to the link to celebritology - is on the main page. Once again people, this is a GOSSIP blog. We are here to gossip, attack, and praise celebrities. This is not a debate about whether or not children should be having children.

Posted by: MGC | December 19, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Let us not pick on the children. We are adults and we have dictionaries and jobs.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Jail time for Casey Aldridge!

Statutory rapist!

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we should get a log-in page with a picture of byoolin that says: "You must be this witty to post."

Posted by: michael | December 19, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

h3, I'm here, and here's the trick:

If you look at it in just the right way, these people are DAMN funny.

Posted by: byoolin | December 19, 2007 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Well, that would suck for you.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 3:50 PM | Report abuse

It's the mother's fault because as has been pointed out many times, Jaime Lynn is a minor. Instead of letting her daughter live with her boyfriend, she should have kept the kid at home. If she weren't living with the boyfriend, there is less chance of her getting pregnant.

Posted by: ep | December 19, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Michael, thank you. I am flattered and honoured...

Posted by: byoolin | December 19, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

"If she weren't living with the boyfriend, there is less chance of her getting pregnant."

Actually, there wouldn't be less chance of her getting pregnant, but there would be less chance the mother could be blamed for negligent parenting.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 3:53 PM | Report abuse

AGHHHH! LIZ! MAKE IT STOP!!! our little celebritolgy blog has been taken over by people using the made up words of "ur", "LOL", "OMG" and "ppl"! HELP US!!!!

Posted by: Betty | December 19, 2007 3:53 PM | Report abuse

What I don't get is why she is considered "mature" for handing this situation in an "adult manner." Is keeping the child the only "mature" decision to make?

Regardless of your view of abortion, ALL choices require maturity. No decision would be easy when confronted with an unplanned pregnancy at the age of 16.

Posted by: ca reader | December 19, 2007 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Not to mention "tipes" and "birthcontrole."

Posted by: niceFLguy | December 19, 2007 3:56 PM | Report abuse

whatrusaying niceflguy is my tiping not good e-nuf for you and your controle isyous?

Wow, it exhausts me just to type like that. (excuse me: tipe.)

Posted by: h3 | December 19, 2007 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Liz, maybe this calls for a post on the topic of 16-year-olds who get all worked up and post semi-legible comments on gossip blogs. It's kind of a fascinating modern phenomenon, don't you think?

Posted by: h3 | December 19, 2007 4:04 PM | Report abuse

William: not saying he shouldn't be charged or punished -- I'm only saying it's not "statutory rape" because it doesn't fit under the definition of "rape" under the California Penal Code. The people of California have decided that there's a difference between "rape" and "unlawful sexual intercourse" -- so let's let THEM decide the extent to which Casey A. should be charged/punished, rather than everyone running around crying "it's statutory rape!!" all day long...

Posted by: Gr8day4bsbll | December 19, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

From The Onion:
Hey girls! Pregnancy is a great way to keep your boyfriend and get lots of attention, but it's also a big responsibility. Here are some tips to get you through those nine months.

1. Plan ahead! You don't want your expectancy date to coincide with prom or homecoming.
2. Drink lots of water. This will flush the alcohol and drugs right out of your system before it reaches your baby.
3. Be prepared! Make sure you purchase the latest styles of cool, fashionable Nike athletic shoes for your baby ahead of time.
4. Make sure all your teachers know you are pregnant, so they will have reduced expectations for you, allowing you to skate through junior high.
5. Take care of little details early. Make sure you get your driver's license in case you have to take yourself to the hospital when you go into labor.
6. If someone expresses disapproval that you are having a baby at such an early age, get "in their face" with lots of sassy "attitude." A key phrase to remember: "Nobody gonna tell me how to raise my baby."
7. Remember to eat often (every three to four hours) when you're pregnant - even if you'd rather spend your money on CDs and clothes rather than candy bars and chips.
8. Smoking while pregnant can result in lower birth weight for your newborn, making it smaller and easier to pass through the birth canal.
9. Be the envy of your friends by thinking up the coolest baby name ever. Dakota Equinox or Shaniatwaine are some great examples.

www.theonion.com October 1999

Posted by: hahahaha | December 19, 2007 4:07 PM | Report abuse

She is way too young to be pregnat. hope her immature boyfriend doesn't leave her!! And I hope her mom supports her.what's done, is done.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 4:10 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure I get what so many are saying-
Two people had consensual sex. They got pregnant. And you want to lock the father away from being a supportive family entity because she's under 6,205 days of life and he's over 6,570?

I'm not saying age difference never matters, but the entire idea that he's guilty of a crime and she isn't seems absurd- especially when the consequence will prevent a choiceless child from having as much support as possible.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 4:12 PM | Report abuse

h3, while I agree that an analysis of why/how semi-literate teenagers post on gossip blogs would be interesting, it does take us away from the main purpose of this blog: discussing actual celebrities.

Posted by: still | December 19, 2007 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Jamie Lynn Spears is way too young to be pregnant!! Her mom should have been more responsible. Hope her boyfriend doesn't leave that 16-year old prregnant. Her mom should completely support her throughout this. WHAT'S DONE IS DONE, LYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Angela y. z. | December 19, 2007 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Liz Kelly, I think even comments about onies-pay would be better than what we've got going on here this afternoon.

Posted by: methinks | December 19, 2007 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Good point, Still. But it would have to be better than whatever we're discussing right now.

Posted by: h3 | December 19, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

The Spears fambly is the kind of Cletus the Slack Jawed yokel fambly that gives white tresh a bad nayme.

Aren't kids just amazing? They can spell, they can't type, they can't form a coherent sentence, but by god, they know it all and from having seen some celebrity on TV, they know that person's most intimate thoughts. Wow, to quote Carolyn Hax.

Posted by: Islamorada Girl | December 19, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

"I'm not sure I get what so many are saying-Two people had consensual sex."

OMG, once again kids, repeat after me...

SHE IS YOUNGER THAN 18 YEARS OLD, THEREFORE SHE CAN NOT LEGALLY GIVE CONSENT.

Do you understand now?

Posted by: William | December 19, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

I understand there's a ridiculous law that says someone under 6,570 days of life cannot say "yes I want sex" with no consequences.

That hardly means someone under 18 years old is incapable of giving meaningful consent.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 4:29 PM | Report abuse

As with illegal immigrants who do not speak English, yelling (or TYPING IN ALL CAPS) overcomes all communication barriers and magically makes your point crystal clear.

Posted by: niceFLguy | December 19, 2007 4:31 PM | Report abuse

I guess if there were a law stating that females couldn't vote, you'd say a woman should be put in jail for trying to vote also?

Law does not dictate reality, or even rightness.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Interpret the law how you'd like. Maybe you should become Congresswoman, Senator or President one day and change the law. But for right now, the law does not recognize the supposed "consent" of a 16 year old.

Sorry Darlin'.

Posted by: William | December 19, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Do any regulars see a similarity in these comments to ones we accidentally see when we click a link to an 'US Magazine' article?

Also, to the many citing the Wilson case your arguments are completely illogical. If you think the only justice would be for the boyfriend to go to jail then you are basically saying G. Wilson deserved to be there. Now I really don't think this is what you meant so you should sit down & try to reason out your argument before posting.

BTW, before you over react I think it was ridiculous that Wilson was ever sent to jail and horrendous the decision was only overturned 4-3.

Posted by: jes | December 19, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

There was once a law that said women could not vote. And some women were jailed for opposing this law. After time, the laws changed to allow females to vote.

So like I said, when you become Congresswoman, Senator or President, change the law so 16 year olds can have consentual sex with older men. Trust me, I'd vote for it!

Posted by: William | December 19, 2007 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Oh Christ, people, lighten up! I grew up in a very middle America, medium-sized city and we were ALL having sex in high school - granted most of us were smart/scared enough to use birth control - but for those who weren't, we actually had a day care center for the children of students at our school. One of the parents' classes was an hour a day working in the center and another was a parenting class. This served as an excellent form of birth control for those who had to watch these poor kids bring their babies to school.

Also, the statutory rape brigade is absolutely ridiculous. Do you people have any idea how many under age girls (and boys!!) are having sex with people who are over 18? Is this really who we want to fill our jails with? Child molesters, absolutely. People hooking up at parties, I don't think so.

And, as much as I love the celeb gossip, this is what we get when our poor little kids look up to people who are brought to our attention thanks to their momagers and handlers and such, rather than because of any actual, admirable accomplishments. If you don't like it, cancel your cable - and your internet connection!

Posted by: Juicy | December 19, 2007 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Liz Kelly can we have something nice and holiday related tomorrow. I don't mind a little controversy, but all the yelling & misspelling is giving me a headache.

Posted by: jes | December 19, 2007 4:40 PM | Report abuse

So you think a father should go to jail just because the mother he impregnated was under 18?

Legally sure, it's unlawful. But that just means the law itself is ridiculous and outdated.

That doesn't mean any actual wrong has occurred and certainly doesn't mean action should be taken to take the father out of the picture.

I'm quite surprised so many people believe consequences should be invoked legally, even to the detriment of those involved and when the law broken has harmed no one and done no actual wrong.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 4:41 PM | Report abuse

methinks: I'm with you on the onies-pay.

Also, I may have started that living with boyfriend rumor but I got that from what someone posted on the morning mix comments. So: my bad. Only a rumor. But one that totally deserves a Haxian "wow".

In conclusion: ttfn, l8r dudes and OMG y'all!

Posted by: PGM | December 19, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

jeez... when did the /b/tards find our blog... go back to 4chan

regardless - my understanding is that what happened here is misdemeanor in Louisiana, and borderline felony is California. Now - if he was taking her TOO Louisiana for the purpose of exploiting the age of consent, that would be violation of the Mann Act (but it seems that since they're from La, met in church there etc, it would be hard to make that case and make it federal).
As to whether the mother needs to press charges? ummm - no... if it's statutory then it's statutory. Mom's got nuthin to do with it (other than being an idiot).

Pleading guilty to the misdemeanor in La might establish jurisdiction - which might be smart if there's a DA out there in cali that wants to spend 6 weeks on court tv. Not sure about that one... they needed to talk to lawyers before they broke this one... hell, i imagine her zoey contract has some moral turpitude clauses in there as it is...

3 years isnt the issue... the problem is that 16 year olds dont know what they want out of life (neither do 25 yr olds for those of you playing along at home) - and it isnt a matter of how much this screws up the mother's life - but how much it screws up the kid's life.

I feel bad for the child.

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | December 19, 2007 4:43 PM | Report abuse

I've read TMZ and People -- does Casey have a job (or is he following the money)? Sounds like he spends his days watching her TV show being taped. However, he did graduate HS, so there IS hope.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | December 19, 2007 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: WDC 21113 | December 19, 2007 04:43 PM

Wow. I can't believe I typed (or is tiped?) that. Help!! I need a pony!

Posted by: WDC 21113 | December 19, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

What the heck? Did I just fall into Never Never Land? Where are the adults on this blog? Where are the regulars? I can't stand the misspelled words and made up lingo. (What the deuce is UR, is that supposed to be your? Is it really smart to drop two letters?)

Posted by: Melissa | December 19, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

It's clear why Jamie Lynn Spears got knocked up for a few reasons:

1) She embraced the liberal ideology of having PREMARITAL sex. Now if she was a good, clean, conservative gal, she would've waited until marriage to have sex, which would've meant she would've been emotionally responsible enough to have a child inside of a loving marriage. Having a child at 16 out of wedlock is going to be emotionally destructive to the bast*rd child and crippling to the teenage mother's mental and emotional development. Having "safe" sex is no 100% guarantee against unwanted, teen pregnancies because condoms may rip, so the only, true way is abstinence. Additionally, having premarital sex encourages soulless sex for lust instead of fostering lifelong commitments that are healthier for any society.

2)The liberal pop culture blasts teen girls with over-sexualization messages in everything from music to movies to their celeb idols (Paris Hilton et al), so that these teens refuse to have moral clarity and make proper and healthy decisions for themselves.

3) Teen girls act like hardcore sl*ts sometimes, and Jamie Lynn is likely no exception. Poor guys like the 19-year-old father, Aldridge, are likely tempted into taking advantage of these teen girls by their easiness and loose virtues. Incidentally, the 19-year-old "rapist," Aldridge, ought to be charged because in Louisiana, the age of consent is SEVENTEEN, whereas Spears is only 16.

Posted by: Libs out of Control | December 19, 2007 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Don't blame it on anything else but bad parenting. Seems like "No" is not in the Spear Parent's vocabulary.

No, you cant live with your boyfriend!
No, you cant go out tonight!
No, you have to be in at 10pm!
No, you cant go out without any underwear!
No, No, No, ...........

PARENTS! ITS OK TO SAY NO TO YOUR KIDS!

Posted by: Gil | December 19, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

The blog was linked from the front page so everyone with an opinion and a caps lock key is showing up to enlighten us. Thanks, guys!

Posted by: h3 | December 19, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Melissa | December 19, 2007 04:50 PM

Welcome. We've been taken over by the out of schoolers (or drop outs)...Strange!

UR is also you're. The whole there/their/they're was making me cringe.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | December 19, 2007 4:54 PM | Report abuse

This conversation between the group of seemingly well-educated, critical adults and whining, flicking their hair over their shoulders, hanging out in the girl's bathroom smokers is hilarious.

I haven't researched it but:

1. Father might be able to avoid prosecution by marrying pregnant underage baby's mama.

2. Father is unlikely to get jail time even if prosecuted. He might get some sort of suspended sentence in which he is forced to comply with child support and visitation - b/c as Q. Varus said, the law is concerned with impregnating young teenagers and then abandoning the resulting child.

Posted by: Amelia | December 19, 2007 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Clever. Using the number of days to make it seem like it's not that big of a difference.

Now, this thread is riddled not only with spelling and grammar errors, but math errors as well!

There is a 365-day difference between the numbers you gave. Casey is three years old than Jamie Lynn. Good try, though, dear.

Clearly, she's doing the best she can under the circumstances...adoption may not be the best idea seeing as she's a celebrity and considering her Christian upbring, abortion was probably never even on the table. That said, her show should probably be cancelled as it is a show targeting a young demographic and while she shouldn't be shunned from society because of her actions, a kids' network needs to be giving wholesome role models to young kids.

Posted by: Me | December 19, 2007 4:57 PM | Report abuse

I was saying that the LAW says that there only needs to be a single days difference. The law doesn't distinguish between 1 day or 3 years (in print anyway, in real life I'm sure it would)

I honestly don't think it would ever happen for the father to be put in jail because the mother is under 18.

But I'm surprised at how many people seem to think it's the right thing to do.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 5:00 PM | Report abuse

If you want to read intelligent posts, may I suggest:

Posted by: Going home now | December 19, 2007 5:04 PM | Report abuse

"she would've waited until marriage to have sex, which would've meant she would've been emotionally responsible enough to have a child inside of a loving marriage"

Because there's an emotionally responsible test you have to pass in order to become married?

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 5:07 PM | Report abuse

I know this is an ongoing debate in the wonderful world of celebritology -

Is this an appropriate time to use them Baby's Mama / Baby's Daddy terminology?

Posted by: MGC | December 19, 2007 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Ah, you're obviously new to this blog, or you would have heard of her big sister, Britney Spears. I can't go into all the reasons your statement is soooooooooooooo wrong, just google Britney and you'll see for yourself.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Hey, 4:51pm -
Do you sincerely believe that self-righteous claptrap that you're spouting like Old Faithful on a hot summer day? That Jamie Lynn Spears became preggers because she embraced liberal thoughts and ideas?

And if so, what color is the sky on your planet?

Posted by: MisterBear | December 19, 2007 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Bravo, 5:18 PM!

Is it just me or does it seem like the regulars/normal people are taking back the blog?

Posted by: still | December 19, 2007 5:29 PM | Report abuse

If she was living with her 19 y/o boyfriend, then her parents need to slapped upside the head. 16 is young is to have baby, so is 18, so is 21 whether you're married or not. So for you ultraconservative nitwits that have invaded our lovely little blog: TEEN PREGNANCIES HAVE RISEN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 15 YEARS!!!!!!(sorry to shout, but it seems that's the only thing they understand) What more reason do you need that abstinence only education does not work?

Liz, is there a way to weed out the crazies?

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Aw, cmon, anon@5:29 - the crazies are fun! No weeding necessary! When else do we get to shout LIKE THIS?

Posted by: h3 | December 19, 2007 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Oh wow, I am so embarassed by the fact that not too long ago I was the age of many people posting in this blog.

Posted by: Magnolia | December 19, 2007 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Also, when do we ever get to see so many exclamation marks in one place?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Magnolia | December 19, 2007 5:42 PM | Report abuse

SHOUTING IS FUN ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING A ONY-PAY CART!!!! WHEEEE!!!! LOL

Posted by: methinks | December 19, 2007 5:42 PM | Report abuse

The people posting in the blog today remind me of every petulant rant I had as a teenager (YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH! GOD!), but I'm taking comfort in the fact that at least I could spell.

Posted by: Magnolia, being very high and mighty | December 19, 2007 5:45 PM | Report abuse

I always wondering how I could make points more effectively at work and now I know it's by SHOUTING AT EVERYONE AROUND AND USING LOTS OF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Is there an online way to signal you're throwing a tantrum? Maybe:

OMG u ppl dont understand god u suck!!!

Posted by: Magnolia | December 19, 2007 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Thank God they didn't use birth control! That would be a sin.....

Posted by: huh | December 19, 2007 5:51 PM | Report abuse

OOPS...

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 5:58 PM | Report abuse

To Huh: ROFLMAO, best comment EVER!

Posted by: Liz D | December 19, 2007 6:02 PM | Report abuse

Is it true that TMZ is reporting that OK magazine is going to pay $1mil for exclusive baby picks and might have paid for the 'exclusive' headline. Because if so OK magazine is hitting new levels of sleaze.

Posted by: bluemeanies | December 19, 2007 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Here I am again, the first one who used the term "statutory rape" (and now sorry I did). What I was thinking was that the Spears parents may have some issues around limit-setting for their daughters, especially given the mixed-up family dynamics created by the girls' financial success. They collected the checks while Britney became the high priestess of the premature sexualization of young girls, and they let Jamie Lynn start "dating" this guy when she was just thirteen. Now one seems to have no boundaries and has lost her kids, and the other is pregnant (not the end of the world, but still so unnecessary). Somebody should have said no.That's all I meant.

Posted by: JanetK | December 19, 2007 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Ok, so seriously people... we dont live in the 1900s. People like to have sex, and apparently Jamie Lynn is one of those people, and she got pregnant, so what? She could have gotten an abortion like most people her age, but she didn't. So leave her alone. At least she is doing the right thing by keeping the baby.

Posted by: Kelsey | December 19, 2007 6:31 PM | Report abuse

There's already a Jamie Lynn Spears sex tape on U-tube.

Posted by: scott | December 19, 2007 6:31 PM | Report abuse

I never took time to answer blogs, and I have never really cared about what happens to a person just because of their celebrity, but this time I will comment. It is a sad situation for anyone at the age of 16 to bring a child into the world. At 16 years old you THINK your mature, you THINK you know it all when in reality your just a little kid still learning. No matter how mature of a 16yo you are, you are still just that 16 YEARS OLD!!!!. It's a crying shame she put herself in that situation and had the nerve to go straight to a gossip magazine and tell the world. The parents should have their butts kicked. Parents especially of today, are not parents, they want to be cool or want to be their child's FRIEND. Well let me tell you, I tell my daughter all the time, "I'm not your friend I'm your father, and you WILL listen to me". I'm not saying she is above what happened to Jamie, but she knows darn well what the repercussions of her actions are.

And yes I WILL pull the racist card, if that man was 19 years old and black, and got her pregnant at this very second he would be in jail for the rest of his natural life. White doesn't make right people, being a celebrity doesn't make it right either people.He should be prosecuted to the fullest, and here he is shopping for an apartment with her and her money mind you.

In short I feel sorry for the baby because the family it is being born into needs more than help, they need prayer. Mom and Dad your not good parents to those girls, I'm sorry to say it but it's the truth. Brittany, your not setting a good example to your sister or yourself for that matter, and the SHAME of it all is that the media is already glorifying it. It's nothing to glorify people.

Posted by: D.D. | December 19, 2007 7:00 PM | Report abuse

The trash sure doesn't fall far from the trailer.

Posted by: Steve | December 19, 2007 7:22 PM | Report abuse

There are some funny a*ss comments on this thread. Thanks for the laughs! Or is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Posted by: !!!!!LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | December 19, 2007 7:33 PM | Report abuse

this is b.s a girl 16 years of age should not be getting pregnant!!!!
its a crime!!!
i personally would never have gotten pregnant at that age!!!!
thier parents must not care about them at all!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 7:36 PM | Report abuse

"And yes I WILL pull the racist card, if that man was 19 years old and black, and got her pregnant at this very second he would be in jail for the rest of his natural life"
You've obviously never seen an episode of Maury aka "Who's your Daddy?" There are lots of underage black males having sex with underage black females. Feel better now? Instead of 'white doesn't make it right' how about 'two wrongs don't make it right'?

As for Jamie Lynn more power to her, I guess. I mean, the damage is already done. Hopefully she and the kid will be okay; though Witness Protection to keep Granny Spears and Auntie Brit-brit away might be a good idea. But parenthood can kick the ass of 30somethings who planned for it much less a 16 year olds who are shocked to find they're pregnant.

I do feel bad for Britney, though. The way her Mom has pushed/pimped/exploited her damn near her whole life is pathetic and Britney reaped what Lynne sowed. Someone should give Lynne a DVD of "Me and My Shadows: The Judy Garland Story" to see what will probably happen to Britney if she makes it that far. Not every kid can handle the pressure and if Mama can't/won't protect you who will?

Posted by: who let the kids out? | December 19, 2007 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Wow the level of discourse dropped so low, so fast. Ironically, that description is also the Cliff's Notes version of the Spears Family History.

Speaking of the yoots, was I that obnoxious at that age? God, I was, wasn't I? I think my parents deserve a few extra gifts this year...maybe a whole week in Hawaii...

Posted by: DJ | December 19, 2007 8:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm so glad I didn't have internet forums readily available to me as a teenager. Dodged a real bullet there.

I feel for that entire family. They may have brought it on themselves, but it must still be really difficult.

Posted by: KT Dell | December 19, 2007 8:11 PM | Report abuse

What horrifies me most about the postings in this blog is the idea that these out-of-school posters are going to reproduce at any second, seeing as they are defending Ms. Spears's life choices and right to sex with her questionably-aged boyfriend. I don't think anyone who can't differentiate "their," "there," and "they're" should be procreating. Period.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 8:23 PM | Report abuse

I don't know which is worse...all of the children's posts filled with misspellings and grammar errors...or all of the right wing conservatives posting their religious propaganda. I think I may have to go with the latter.

Posted by: Jessica | December 19, 2007 8:27 PM | Report abuse

THEY MET AT CHURCH? WHY IS THIS ALL CHILD MOLESTING HAPPENING ARROUND CHURCHES? POOR GIRL!!! NOW WHAT? GOT KNOCKED UP BY JUGHEAD BOYFRIEND AND HAS NO DECENT FAMILY AT ALL. THIS GUY WAS UP TO THIS FOR A WHILE, SO SHE DOESN'T LEAVE HIM FOR A REAL CELEBRITY BOYFRIEND. HER REAL DECENT CARRIER IS OVER BECAUSE OF THE MORON. I HOPE SHE KICKS HIM TO CURB AND MAKES HIM PAY CHILD SUPPORT.

Posted by: BOBSTERII | December 19, 2007 8:45 PM | Report abuse

All I can say after reading through today's comments is "whew."

Here's to a return to normalcy tomorrow, though I did have a good time making my way through the high school hallway today. These were my three favorite comments:

----------

whoo cares shove it u people. its not u so shut up.

Posted by: gay | December 19, 2007 02:36 PM

----------

Posted by: | December 19, 2007 03:47 PM

----------

Well, that would suck for you.

Posted by: | December 19, 2007 03:50 PM

Posted by: Liz | December 19, 2007 9:04 PM | Report abuse

Actually Liz Kelly, this is one of the funnier threads, but I'll be glad when these "visitors" leave.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 9:33 PM | Report abuse

I agree, Liz, the one about dictionaries is the best comment of the day/week/possibly year.

Posted by: h3 | December 19, 2007 9:48 PM | Report abuse

i was so shock that Jamie Spear is pregant
i think is all britteny spear fault becasue she casue problem and JS think that she could do the same think.JS is too young to have a baby. JS please do not broke up with you boyfriend. i know something happy and you are shock
so i love you jamie. take care of yourself

Posted by: Hannah Mark | December 19, 2007 9:49 PM | Report abuse

English, m----- f----! Do you speak it?

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2007 9:54 PM | Report abuse

I think it's rape BIG TIME!! They need to check out this Casey dude! They had sex under water upside down! How could Jamie Lynn Spears not know that having sex could cause her to get pregnant? She's so retarded!! (just like her sister Britney Spears!!) How was she shocked? I just want to slap her silly!! She deserves it! So does Casey! Also, why did they meet at church? I used to like her, but now, please like she's even cool anymore!! I hate her so eefin' much!!!!!!!! :o

Posted by: Marisa | December 19, 2007 9:59 PM | Report abuse

I heard Casey and Jamie have been goin' out for at least 2 months. Also, Casey forced Jamie to have sex with him! They did it under water because Casey wanted to be unique! Jamie was glad that she had sex at first, but when she found out that she was pregnant, she was so mad at herself! Also, Casey was a lesbo at first! Then, he loved Jamie so much, that he relized that he was missin' out on so much! I hate them both aso much!! :o

Posted by: Marisa | December 19, 2007 10:06 PM | Report abuse

After reading some of the posts on this board I now know why so many girls who get knocked up before they turn 25 become doctors, lawyers, scientists, professors, etc. These gals can just do it all!

Posted by: Loudoun Voter | December 19, 2007 10:20 PM | Report abuse

at least she isnt hiding it. this just really shocked me i thought that after watchin this stuff happen to her sister she would know not to do it. but i guess not. god does everything for a reason so obviously he has a good reason. did u no her boyfriend can go to jail for having sex with a minor

Posted by: none | December 19, 2007 11:55 PM | Report abuse

Who's Jamie Lynn Spears and why should I care. Sorry, I live in Hong Kong where most things American are mildly amusing at best.

How's the war going, by the way?

Posted by: Anonymous | December 20, 2007 1:52 AM | Report abuse

is 16 even legal in louisiana to have sex?

Posted by: Anonymous | December 20, 2007 2:18 AM | Report abuse

Jamie won't be the first or last 16 year old to get pregnant. In this society people are very judgemental, but behind closed doors you would be surprised at what is going on in the lives of other people. Jamie is just famous and that is why people are being so critical. Some of you need to go to your own kids high schools and you will find out that there is a lot of sex and drugging going on. Stop looking for celebrities to be an example to your kids. I know too many non famous kids who are messed up because of poor parenting. I can bet a lot of you critics were having sex at 16 and you just did not get caught or you forgot you had an abortion. Stop claiming to be so righteous and remember your own past. Atleast she can afford to take care of her kid. There are some adults who should not be getting pregnant and I am sure everyone knows atleast one. He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Posted by: S | December 20, 2007 8:04 AM | Report abuse

Liz,
This must be the most comments ever on Celebritology. I don't know what you do for an encore. On my blog today, I made a suggestion on how to write Jammie Lynn's condition into the show:

Enjoy.

Posted by: yellojkt | December 20, 2007 8:24 AM | Report abuse

What a joke these people are. And she is trying to act all mature like she's going to be some incredible mother. WHat a little pig. And the parents should be shot for letting their 16 year old girl move in with a guy. Those people are sick.

Posted by: Paul C | December 20, 2007 8:56 AM | Report abuse

This is the best comment section ever. 75% of the people here are hilarious, either for being very dumb or very self righteous. As George Michael would say, "sex is natural, sex is good, not everyone does it, but everyone should."
Just use birth control.

Posted by: lol | December 20, 2007 9:08 AM | Report abuse

To: Who Let The Kids Out,

Hey stupid, the person meant that if the guy was Black and the girl was white he would have been in jail without hesitation. Whites don't care if a Black guy gets a Black girl pregnant, only if he gets a WHITE girl pregnant.

Jeesh.

Posted by: William | December 20, 2007 10:04 AM | Report abuse

The entire family is made up of inbred, trailer park, low class people. They are fortunate that they won the lottery with Britney. She is quite possibly the biggest moron in hollywood.

Regarding the pregnent teen, her show should be cancelled. Lynne Spears is a terible mother. She was supposed to be putting out a Parenting book in the spring. YOU FAIL, Lynne.

Posted by: Britney is a skank | December 20, 2007 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Why do loser black people come onto boards and invoke racism in every story? This story has nothing to do with you losers. If we wanted to read about black pregnancies I would go to bet board.

Posted by: Teen | December 20, 2007 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Teen. You are obviously very sheltered in your Disney bubble.

If this was a black celubutante teen celebrity in a similar situation people would be up in arms about the moral deficiency of hip-hop culture, the hood and the black community. The legal statutory rape issues would also be more likely to come into play as they have in a recent high profile case. It is perfectly acceptable to point out cultural double standards between white and black, Hollywood and the normals or even white Hollywood and black Hollywood in this case.

Posted by: bluemeanies (white female) | December 20, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

We will never watch another Nick show; or purchase anything from the sponsors who sponsor the Nickolodeon show or purchase anything to do with the Nickolodeon buisness! We have already started a campaign for this by all the Mothers with young children who USED to watch Nickolodeon!

Posted by: Good Bye NICKOLODEON | December 20, 2007 7:07 PM | Report abuse

I'm beginning to think that William has a statutory rape case in his past an that's why he's so hell bent on age of consent and such. What happened? You found out your girlfriend was 15 when her Daddy showed up at the door with a shotgun and gave you the choice of a wedding or jail? Get over it and get over yourself. If you truly believe that what happened to that kid in Georgia was wrong--and it was very wrong--why would you want to see the same thing done to another young man?

Posted by: re: William | December 20, 2007 9:41 PM | Report abuse

To William

You're right on point! The media isn't even talking about a potential crime taking place. But Wilson made national news and received 10 years for getting a BJ.

Posted by: Uncontrollable | December 21, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

why be so suprised i mean come on it happens everday in the real world ?!?!?! dosent it..? but she should NOT GET AN ABORTION that is the gayest thing i have ever heard of!!! its just like murder!!..

Posted by: mickey | December 29, 2007 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Sabrina, what the heck is reasonsible? Pay attention in school or you'll be in the same boat as JL soon!

Posted by: Anonymous | January 1, 2008 10:40 PM | Report abuse

dont judge her get a life its not yours seriously have you never made a mistake god and if you were human you would sympathize and be proud of her for keeping the baby

Posted by: troy bolton | January 2, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

I AM VERY UPSET!!! Jamie-Lynn used to be a great ro-model for kids. I can't believe she's following her sisters footsteps.!!!!

Posted by: Jack | January 5, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

You can take the girls out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girls!

Posted by: Mike | January 8, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

ok, everybody has sex. no one would even pay attention to it if she werent famous. I think that if everyone would leave them alone they wouldnt be goin crazy trying to keep everything hidden. she's a young girl who made a mistake. let's not all jump on her at once. I had a baby at 17, and i'm a great mom, and my daughter has everything she needs plus more.I mean, let's take a look at the big picture, it's not un common for teens to be pregnant. Let her raise her baby in private the way SHE wants to. And as for her sister, evryone makes bad choices. we shouldnt put down normal people in the spotlight!!!

thanks!

Posted by: Jessica | January 8, 2008 9:47 PM | Report abuse

jamie your such a stupid skunk bag for getting preganant at 15. who is the father michael jackson?

Posted by: peggy | January 9, 2008 8:48 PM | Report abuse

you are very stupid for getting pregannt
you were so good on zoey 101

Posted by: comos | January 9, 2008 8:51 PM | Report abuse

jamie lynn spears is supposed to be an example but she is not

Posted by: akira | January 15, 2008 6:53 PM | Report abuse

my child looks up to her and look what she did know..

Posted by: keekee | January 15, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse