Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 12/ 5/2007

Morning Mix: Forbes Names Top-Earning Stars Under 25

By Liz Kelly

Jodie Foster hugs mom Evelyn Foster after receiving this year's Sherry Lansing Leadership Award at the annual Women in Entertainment breakfast in Beverly Hills. (AP)

Headlines: Forbes names top earning stars under 20 25... Not understanding the concept "B.C.", "View"-ster Sherri Shepherd insists Jesus came before ancient Greeks... Tina Fey says Paula Abdul was an "awful" "SNL" guest host... Russell Crowe officially replaces Brad Pitt in "State of Play"... Patrick Dempsey is the new face of Versace Men... Garth Brooks gives smashed guitar to the Smithsonian... Rep says bra-clad, barefoot Amy Winehouse had been startled in her sleep... Liza Minnelli ex David Gest to auction collection of music memorabilia... L.A. Department of Children and Family Services still interested in Britney Spears's parenting skills... I say, Joan Rivers swears 13 times in performance for Queen Elizabeth... Rapper Pimp C found dead in Los Angeles hotel room.

Litigation Watch: Dennis Quaid and wife sue drug maker after infant overdose... Teri Hatcher sued for promoting wrong lip gloss... Driving instructor suing makers of "Borat" movie.

Rumor Mill: Scarlett Johansson threatens to sue Us Weekly over plastic surgery claims... Tara Reid's personal appearance fee hits the bargain basement... Brangelina clan spending holidays in New Orleans... Dave Chappelle performs for over six hours at comedy club... Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias engaged?

Say What?
"I'm so camp! I'm such a gay man trying to get out. I don't give a [bleep] what anybody thinks!" -- Victoria Beckham explains her fashion sense.

By Liz Kelly  | December 5, 2007; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: List-a-licious: The -est of 2007
Next: Highbrow: Weighing the Oprah Effect on Politics

Comments

Sweet, Tara Reid is now in my price range.

Posted by: michael | December 5, 2007 8:51 AM | Report abuse

That's exactly what I was thinking, Michael.

I'm totally booking her for my first party in the spring!

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | December 5, 2007 9:07 AM | Report abuse

lol - I'm liking Victoria Beckham better all the time!

Posted by: rachelt | December 5, 2007 9:09 AM | Report abuse

So Sherri Sheperd was on that Dumbest People list yesterday right?

I don't know when I am startled in my sleep, I don't tend to leave the house.

Why aren't the Quaids suing the hospital? yes, the drug manufacture probably should have differentiated better between the various doses, but it was the hospital that put the wrong dose in the children's ward.

Posted by: ep | December 5, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Not sure why the Dave Chappelle thing is in the rumor mill - it was in the Express this morning

Posted by: MGC | December 5, 2007 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Sherri Shepard - Why do such really stupid people get on tv while I am stuck here actually doing real work?

ep - from what I understood, the Quaids aren't sueing the hospital because they owned up to the mistake, apparently calling it "preventable." I believe that the reasoning is that while the hospital could have made sure the staff checked the vials more closely, the manufacturer could have prevented the error altogether by simply changing the packaging of the drug. It's such an easy fix compared to the risk of potential lawsuits that I can't believe the drug manufacturer did not do this when the problem first occurred....go figure. I am so glad that the babies are recovering.

And I have to agree with you, ep, that when I get startled in the middle of the night, I might walk around INSIDE my house to make sure everything is ok, but I don't go outside in the cold, in my underwear. I do have to wonder whether the noise that startled her was made by the throng of photogs outside her house. Much, like Brit, they really need to give this girl some space.

Russell Crowe replaced Brad Pitt - mmmmm, yummy.

Posted by: sunnydaze | December 5, 2007 10:04 AM | Report abuse

The Forbes list is the top-earning stars under 25, not under 20. I was confused initially because I remember reading about the 21st birthday bashes of Scarlett and the Olsen twins. I am ashamed by this knowledge, but oh well.

Posted by: 25 is the new 20? | December 5, 2007 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Forbes names top earning stars under 20...I believe this should be under 25

Posted by: Anonymous | December 5, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

anyone who has watched Paula's reality show, or at least watched The Soup, knows something is wrong with her. Maybe its all the drugs she takes for her "chronic pain" or maybe she's just Britney crazy.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 5, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm really starting to find Victoria Beckham endearing. She always seems to have a great sense of humor and doesn't take herself too seriously.

Posted by: Noelle | December 5, 2007 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Well, considering Sherri Sheppard also isn't sure that the earth is round, this little bit of confusion about history doesn't surprise me in the slightest. What does surprise me is that such an aggressively stupid person is allowed a platform from which to poison the minds of today's youth, etc., etc.

Also, for someone who is obviously [at least pretending to be] very religious, how interesting that she does not seem to have, um, read, um, THE BIBLE!! Criminy!

Posted by: ASinMoCo | December 5, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Tara Reid? $3500?

Call me when it's ten bucks a song, like the rest of the dancers.

Posted by: byoolin | December 5, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the explanation Sunnydaze. Yeah, under Judge Learned Hand's cost-benefit analysis, changing the coloring of the packaging would be an easy fix to a potentially large damage risk.

Posted by: ep | December 5, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Her Majesty was alarmed more by Ms. Rivers' appearance than by her language.

"Bloody hell," she muttered to her husband, the Duke Of Edinburgh. "She looks just like Joan Van Ark."

Posted by: byoolin | December 5, 2007 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Now that Russell Crowe is officially in the movie, I am officially planning to see State of Play whenever it makes it to a movie screen near meself.

I think it's very wise of the Quaids to sue the drug manufacturer. They aren't trying to get gazillions of dollars, I think the amount was in the $100,000s. The hospital took responsibility for the error from the get-go and the drug manufacturer needs to step up and do the same.

If Victoria Posh Spice Beckham is a gay man, I know a couple of straight guys who would play for the other team.

Posted by: methinks | December 5, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Assuming that Brad Pitt had been the John Simm role, I'm extremely glad he's out. Part of what was endearing about that role was that John Simm is profoundly normal, really quite average, and I think Russell Crowe has more of a chance of getting at that.

Of course, I'm expecting total trainwreck anyway, so I'm not entirely certain why I care.

Posted by: MB | December 5, 2007 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Thanks byoolin! I just passed coffee through my nostrils!!!

Posted by: BDWESQTM | December 5, 2007 10:42 AM | Report abuse

yeah, byoolin... my IT department wants to know how to reach you re: my keyboard. that's the fifth coffee spray this month!

Posted by: b | December 5, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Not to be mean but I would not hire Terri Hatcher to endorse any beauty products. She looks too hagged to recommend anything.

Posted by: Lisa1 | December 5, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

You know, I want to laugh at the Sherri Shepherd clip, but I can't. I'm horrified and not a little bit annoyed that someone with so little knowledge of world history probably rakes in more per episode of "The View" than many people make in a year.

I'd say what are they teaching in school nowadays, but she's actually older than I am by a few years.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | December 5, 2007 10:58 AM | Report abuse

ditto, chamosaur.

how did someone that ignorant get a job on tv?

Posted by: b | December 5, 2007 11:03 AM | Report abuse

You know, whenever I hear strange noises outside at 4 in the morning, I always throw on my red bra and jeans before I go out to investigate.

Posted by: Turquoise | December 5, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

And to think The View passed on Kathy Griffin to hire Sherri Shepherd. Is having to bleep Kathy and worrying about her making Hasselback cry really worse than this ignorance?

Posted by: jes | December 5, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Ok I didn't see the picture yesterday. Amy Winehouse doesn't look startled, she looks like a mid-tranny.

Posted by: jes | December 5, 2007 11:23 AM | Report abuse

The trouble with late posts is that everyone before you has already made witty, spot on comments. So ditto to those who referenced Sherry Shepard (she sure is carrying the Hasselbeck flag of stupidity high). Victoria Beckham (she is so major!) and Amy Winehouse (I suspect she was startled by the yearning for another hit of the pipe or whatever she's using).

Special thanks to byoolin for the funny. Thankfully I wasn't drinking anything at the time.

Oh, on the Tara Reid thing, $10 still seems rather high, so call me if she'll show up for say $1.50. I've got that floating around the office and will gladly part with it.

Posted by: petal | December 5, 2007 11:32 AM | Report abuse

you know who i feel sorry for? amy winehouse's pr people. you know they saw that picture and were thinking: how the heck are we going to fix this one?

Posted by: melissa | December 5, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

re: the Sherri Shephard episode. I don't remember where I read this, but just as many people DO NOT believe in evolution as DO. When we have actual presidential candidates that openly state they don't believe in it, school systems that advocate teaching Intelligent Design in Biology class no less, this does not surprise me. It is one thing for Hasselbeck to spew her right-wing ignorance, but its a whole other thing for Ms. Shephard to spew just plain ignorance. She needs to go.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 5, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

BPL! Thanks for helping nerd it up in here, ep.

Posted by: Sigh | December 5, 2007 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Anon at 11.57: in 2005, CBS News published a poll that found "51 percent of Americans say God created humans in their present form, and another three in 10 say that while humans evolved, God guided the process. Just 15 percent say humans evolved, and that God was not involved."

Posted by: byoolin | December 5, 2007 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Hey Turquoise, I'm assuming you're not a guy!

Posted by: Anonymous | December 5, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse

when I first saw the headline "Brooks donates cowboy hat to Smithsonian" the first thing that came to my mind was Mel Brooks donating a cowboy hat from "Blazing Saddles".

That would have been much cooler!

Posted by: notenoughzzz | December 5, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

I could pretend to be that stupid too, will they put me on TV & pay me the same big bucks cause I AM looking for work?

It's not like that's even a dis to religion, it's in a fecking history book, oh wait....this is the woman that believes the world is flat so I'm guessing she skipped those classes to go pray in the lunchroom or something.

Posted by: Bored @ home | December 5, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Posh honey, if you're a gay man trying to get out, what does that say about your husband?

Posted by: Anonymous | December 5, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Thanks ep - that made me laugh! Takes a pretty smart person to somehow weave Learned Hand into a celebritology chat!

Posted by: Betty | December 5, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Amy Whinehouse startled in her sleep. O-KAY. And I have a bridge I'd like to sell ya.

Posted by: California | December 5, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Yes, byoolin, but as many before me have pointed out, what the heck does the average American know (apart from what's showing on primetime TV tonight)?

Posted by: niceFLguy | December 5, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I was startled in my sleep and forgot to put the "n" on my signature in the last post.

Well, we can't all be as hilariously witty as byoolin, but I try. ;-)

I actually *was* startled out of a dead sleep in October when I got the reverse 911 call to evacuate due to the wildfires -- but strangely, I managed to put on clothes before I ran outside. But maybe that was because I was only startled out of a deep sleep, rather than a drug-induced haze.

Posted by: Californian | December 5, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

I guess Kellie Pickler wasn't available for The View so that's why they had to go with Sherri Shepherd?

Victoria Beckham is a hoot. She's got a great sense of humor and is refreshingly grounded. I publicly take back any unfortunate references I may have made comparing her appearance to that of a rodent. Mea culpa.

I, too, loved the flack's explanation for Amy Winehouse's nocturnal wanderings in her undies. But, seriously, I'm still a fan of AW's and really want her to get her life together. Unlike Spears, AW is a major talent. I hate to see it go to waste.

Posted by: sen | December 5, 2007 1:29 PM | Report abuse

yeah ep, what Sigh and Betty said! ep for President!

Posted by: sunnydaze | December 5, 2007 1:38 PM | Report abuse

As my grandfather might have said (if he were still with us): If brains were dynamite, that Sherri Shepherd wouldn't have enough to blow her nose.

Posted by: Helena Handbasket | December 5, 2007 1:50 PM | Report abuse

I deeply apologize to everyone for the BPL comments. I'm a third year law student (who interns at an anti-human trafficking org). Spouting stuff like that is an occupational hazard.

Posted by: ep | December 5, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Liz! Is it true? Office colleague just said Britney is preggo again! Please confirm...

Posted by: CMC | December 5, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

We hear that alot CMC. If all of those were confirmed I think she'd have 5 kids by now. Besides, who would want to hit that right now? I know there are guys who are desperate, but how desperate would you have to be to get it on with her? I think Paris has been with fewer guys at this point, and she screwed one of the guys in Lit.

If Victoria is being serious, whoa. And if she's not being serious, heheheh. Oh, and for Anon at 1:19, back when Dave was rocking the long locks look rather than the buzz cut.....

Posted by: EricS | December 5, 2007 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Sherri responded, "I don't think anything predated Christians."

Wouldn't that be ignoring the whole Old Testament? Exodus, for instance, clearly happened before Jesus' birth. I mean, it is ignoring about 3000 years of world history too but I'm assuming she doesn't "believe" in world history. She does believe in the Bible, though, and it is obvious from a few minutes' perusal of that book that Jesus only comes into the story during Act II.

Posted by: DC Cubefarm | December 5, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

So when is Babs gonna admit she was wrong and give Sherri Shepard the heave ho?

Posted by: frog7694 | December 5, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Did any of y'all see where Posh dedicated her book to her mother, but then said that she knew that Joan Collins was her real mother. I so heart her! take a look

Posted by: OL | December 5, 2007 5:04 PM | Report abuse