Posted at 9:32 AM ET, 12/ 7/2007

Morning Mix: Get Your 'Sex and the City' Movie Trailer Right Here

By Liz Kelly

"Sex and the City" movie trailer released:

Headlines: Kanye West and Amy Winehouse lead Grammy nominations... Pimp C nominated for Grammy two days after death... Barbara Walters says she's tired of interviewing celebrities... Hillary Duff says she's not the marrying kind (yet)... Madonna's new album to be called "Licorice"... Billy Joel releases anti-war song. Kind of... Judge says lawyer can sue Vanessa Hudgens for $150,000 in fees... Tom and Kate wish their friends best wishes for the new year.

Crime Watch: Ray Liotta accepts plea bargain in reckless driving case.

Britney Watch: Brit goes house hunting... busts out the pink wig again... Seeks body double for magazine shoot.

Rumor Mill: Has filmmaker Morgan Spurlock ("Super Size Me") found Osama bin Laden?... Croatian news crew claims they caught 50 Cent doing drugs... Maddox Jolie-Pitt writes Santa on behalf of his sibs.

Say What?
"I'm going to be naked if I'm getting in bed with him every night!" -- Victoria Beckham explains how husband David Beckham has changed her evening routine.

"You know what really pisses me off? I've heard so many actresses say something to the effect that it's very difficult to be beautiful in this business. And you know, I'm not violent but I literally want to strangle them. I want to tell them, 'No, it's difficult being overweight in this business. It's difficult being from a minority or having some kind of physical or mental disability. But the easiest thing is to be beautiful in this business.'" -- Eva Mendes

Video: George Clooney's potty humor:

By Liz Kelly  | December 7, 2007; 9:32 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebrity Jailbird: Injustice Averted?
Next: Creative Captioning: Two for the Road

Comments

I am shocked - shocked, I tell you - that an upstanding citizen like Mr. Cent would be accused of being involved in drugs.

And Baba Wawa, we too are tired of you interviewing celebrities. Perhaps you could return to the interviews you conducted in your childhood, back at the Dawn Of Time, when it was just you, a hairbrush for a mic, and some Stone-Age precursor to a Barbie doll as your subject. And *no* cameras.

Posted by: byoolin | December 7, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Love Posh.

Posted by: 23112 | December 7, 2007 9:45 AM | Report abuse

"The notice, reportedly posted on the Web site for L.A. Casting, requests a woman to be "in shape," have blonde hair and be anywhere between 5'2'' and 5'5"."

"In shape," eh? So, *not exactly* a body double.

Posted by: byoolin | December 7, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

As a gay male, I heart Posh. I heart Eva Mendes. And I love that both Posh AND her husband have huge gay followings

Posted by: Anonymous | December 7, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me, or is George Clooney not as funny as he would like to be? It seems like everytime I see him in an interview situation, he tries to be witty and funny (which is by no means is a bad thing) but ends up just sounding drab? I understand that the previous statement has put me out of the running for a pony.

Also, would someone be nice enough to summarize the Spurlock story? Can't access...

Posted by: Zamora | December 7, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Zamora... here you go.
--------------------

HOLLYWOOD - Super Size Me documentary maker Morgan Spurlock has reportedly done what thousands of U.S. troops have been unable to do--find terrorist leader Osama bin Laden. According to news network MSNBC, Spurlock showed film buyers stunning footage from his latest project at the Berlin International Film Festival back in February and swore the industry bigwigs to secrecy. News of the 15-minute teaser is now circulating as part of a promotional campaign planned by distributors the Weinstein Company.

Posted by: ks | December 7, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

if it's up to me, you can still have a pony, zamora...

but george clooney will never be drab. even reading the phone book he is a hottie.

i heart george clooney.

two questions out of nowhere:

what kind of real estate agent lets his clients drive?

why doesn't brit's benz have a tag?

Posted by: b | December 7, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

after watching scrubs last night I've decided I know longer want a pony, I would now like a unicorn, please.

Posted by: milesdy | December 7, 2007 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I may have mentioned this before, but I too heart George Clooney. I just think I actually have a better chance of getting a pony for Christmans.

Also, a big heart to Eva Mendes. It's nice to see a beautiful person admit that it doesn't suck to be them.

Posted by: jes | December 7, 2007 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I think that Clooney/Pitt video is pretty funny, actually.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 7, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Eva Mendes: yes

Posh: Hi-larious

Maddox Jolie-Pitt: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! If that story is true, that kid is cuter than a stable full of miniature ponies. Ok, as cute as a stable full of miniature ponies.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | December 7, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

KS- Thank you!

The Spurlock mystery sounds interesting...
I'm pretty sure that OBL is probably in Afghanistan but who knows where "Waldo" is right now.

Posted by: Zamora | December 7, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Sex & the City, I love you. I love you so much that I even watch the boring edited reruns of you on TBS. But seriously, my dear darling S&TC, this is the best trailer you could come up with? The "hello, lover" quote isn't even from the movie, it's from the series! I will see the movie because I am compelled to see it by my undying love for Miranda & Steve and Charlotte & Harry, but man, you are not making it easy for me.

Posted by: Stef | December 7, 2007 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Celebrity DUI Jail Time Watch:

Gary Collins has been sentenced to four days in jail after he pleaded no contest to charges in a drunken driving case.

Posted by: byoolin | December 7, 2007 10:35 AM | Report abuse

I know with both of my gf's the few times we shared a bed, long stories don't ask, we slept sans clothing. I highly doubt it's all that unusual. And good for Miss Mendes. She's dead on.

Posted by: EricS | December 7, 2007 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Adding to the hearting of George Clooney.

And now I love Eva Mendes.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | December 7, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Loved the Clooney/Pitt video!

Posted by: POS | December 7, 2007 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Love love love Eva Mendes

Posted by: Magnolia | December 7, 2007 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Eva Mendes! A star who actually has some understanding about the real world, who knew?

Posted by: e | December 7, 2007 10:53 AM | Report abuse

-I love SATC so much I refuse to watch the slaughtered version that are aired on TBS. I brought the complete series DVDs and I have SATC marathons but I am not wowed by this trailer. I hope the release a better one.

-Maddox sounds like a great kid with questionable parents.

-Who would wear flannels to sleep with David Beckham?

-I like Eva Mendes. I'm a curvy Latina she had a hard time getting parts.

-Forgive me. I like Britney in the pink wig better than cheap extensions.

Posted by: Lisa1 | December 7, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Uh, Liz, why is Eva Mendes's comment under "Say what?"? Are you telling me you don't understand it? I mean, her comment has to be one of the clearest and most accurate comments ever made by a Hollywood person.

Really, she deserves to be under the "High-five!" section or something like that for speaking the truth about Tinseltown.

Posted by: Ryan | December 7, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

If Morgan Spurlock has managed the impossible and did locate and film Bin Laden, there are going to be a lot of really angry mothers and fathers of deceased and wounded U.S. military members - not to mention a lot of embarrassed congressfolk looking for work.

Posted by: niceFLguy | December 7, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Ryan -- 'Say What' just tends to be the general place where quotes end up.

Posted by: Liz | December 7, 2007 11:08 AM | Report abuse

That Maddox - what a goodie two-shoes! I was the evil eldest child who wrote to Santa explaining in great detail why my siblings _shouldn't_ get anything for Christmas.

When that didn't work, I visited Santa at the mall the following year and went over a list of bullet points to make my case.

That didn't work either...

Posted by: pixie radiance | December 7, 2007 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Maybe we can amend the "Say What?" to read "Right On!" when a star says something as brilliant as that... don't worry it would be terribly infrequent.

Posted by: rachelt | December 7, 2007 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Thank you Eva. If you really mean it. Sorry to be a tad cynical, but a lot of female celebs complain about the evils of Hollywood. Yet, when they get in positions of being able to do something about it, they hire beautiful, thin young women.

Not liking the occassional Clooney interview does not put you out of the running for a pony. Trying to keep your sibs from getting presents, may however.

More cynicism - wanna bet Maddox's parents put him up to writing that letter so they would have a cute kid Christmas story to releaese? Funny how we know about it.

Sorry for the cynicism today. It's finals. They do that to you.

Posted by: ep | December 7, 2007 11:54 AM | Report abuse

i second the emotions of many in their hearting of george clooney & eve mendes.

memo to barbara walters: okay. stop interviewing celebrities. we promise not to complain.

i hope katie holmes really wanted to sign her name "kate" and that it wasn't pushed upon her by her husband. i fear that is not the case in that 'relationship.'

by the way, for those of the Jewish persuasion, happy hanukkah! 7 nights of ponies!

Posted by: methinks | December 7, 2007 12:00 PM | Report abuse

That SATC trailer? That's not a trailer THIS is a trailer:

Yes, Speed Racer!! I'll take that over Carrie & Co. anyday!

I <3 Clooney, Pitt, Eva & much to my surprise, Posh.

Posted by: Bored @ home | December 7, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Ahem, Methinks, it's 8 "crazy" nights of ponies.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | December 7, 2007 12:12 PM | Report abuse

So "Kate" knows how to go to Michaels or a scrapbooking store and put something together. BFD. Every suburban housewife in America and plenty of others who haven't yet achieved that goal can do these kinds of craftsy things. But most of them don't have a "staff" to "keep busy" doing their crafts.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 7, 2007 12:31 PM | Report abuse

What kind of media wh**e publicizes a kid's letter to Santa? Good grief.

Glad Maddox remembered Shiloh is part of the family, though. His mother doesn't seem to.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 7, 2007 12:34 PM | Report abuse

mea culpa, ASinMoCo. (my use of latin rather than hebrew/yiddish may 'splain my mistake!) however, i missed at least one night so maybe my mistake is still correct? oy.

Posted by: methinks | December 7, 2007 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I too heart Eva Mendes!

I am neutral on George Clooney, but I heart ponies. I wouldn't mind having a Pegasus -- would save me from flying commercial airlines.

ROFL, pixie radiance. :-)

Posted by: Californian | December 7, 2007 12:43 PM | Report abuse

oooh...never even considered flying ponies...like the ones in the beethoven portion of "fantasia". they're colored sort of like my pretty pony.

Posted by: methinks | December 7, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

In my defense, I did make an effort to redeem myself years later by confessing to my sibs and apologizing. They all thought it was hilarious, except my youngest sister, who was totally crushed that I would do such a thing. Ever since, I have made sure that I get her the bestest gifts I can. (Everbody: "Awwww...")

BTW, I am pretty sure that the mall Santa pushed me off his lap and the creepy elf assistant didn't give me the courtesy candy cane. And I'm okay with that.

And, sadly, I am allergic to ponies (and elephants) so someone else can have mine. But when the queue for tiny, sparkly dragons begins, I would like to be notified. Thank you.

Posted by: pixie radiance | December 7, 2007 1:31 PM | Report abuse

"Who would wear flannels to sleep with David Beckham?" -- um, me. I have never understood his appeal."

Californian, David's appeal is simple:

He's hot, and he's hotter when he doesn't speak.

Posted by: Lisa1 | December 7, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Proof positive that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think David Beckham is hot in the least, to me he is thoroughly unappealing and I've never even heard him speak.

Now Johnny Depp, on the other hand ... words fail me.

Posted by: Californian | December 7, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Almost forgot the Cruise's card. Not impressed at all. I didn't even know $cientologists celebrated Christmas. Though it doesn't say "Merry Christmas" it says "Happy Holidays" & they probably have a "family tree."

They didn't even sign the thing! If you can't sit down & at the very least sign a Christmas card in your own handwriting then don't bother sending one out. It's not like they don't have a few of those Xenu minions to watch over the kids while they do it.

I guess they're afraid they'd end up on Ebay or something.

Every so often I'll get one of those cards, pre-printed names, pre-printed address labels & pre-printed return address labels. What's the point? You know how to use mail merge on your puter? I find them very impersonal. I'll give on the pre-printed address labels but if you're sending me a card this year, you better damn well take the time to at least sign the damn thing.>:-(

Boy I've used that emoticon a lot here lately. I blame the lack of ponies in my life.

Posted by: Bored @ home | December 7, 2007 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Can Eva Mendes have a pony, unicorn, and Pegasus? She deserves them. Love her comment.

Posted by: surlychick | December 7, 2007 4:15 PM | Report abuse

That US Magazine blurb about Tom and "Kate" really annoys me. When will the media stop calling Bella and Connor "Cruise's adopted children"? For Pete's sake!

I didn't notice the word "adopted" on the Christmas card nor did I see "birth child" either on the card or in the article in reference to Suri.

Adoption is how he became dad to these two kids. Stop labeling them that way! They're "Cruise's children" or "Cruise's children from his marriage to Nicole Kidman." Period.

Posted by: td | December 7, 2007 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Love the Clooney clip. I'd be happy if Clooney, Brad, or Becks was toe tapping under the stall...you guys can have Posh and the ponies...

Posted by: mitch | December 10, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse