Posted at 7:23 AM ET, 01/31/2008

Morning Mix: Britney Spears Hospitalized Again

By Liz Kelly

May-jor star Victoria Beckham signs autographs at an event promoting her jeans line in Boston on Wednesday. (AP)

Spears Watch: Report: Britney is hospitalized again for evaluation... K-Fed calls his marriage to Britney a "stepping stone"... Fashion consultant sues Spears for $50K.

Headlines: Ryan Seacrest wins Sexiest Smile honors... Forbes says Madonna is the richest woman in music... Oprah immortalized, nude and in bronze... Anna Nicole Smith's ex says Howard K. Stern took pix of dead Daniel Smith... Ethan Hawke and former-nanny girlfriend expecting baby... "The Montel Williams Show" axed... Nancy Cartwright (the voice of Bart Simpson) donates $10M to Scientology.

Crime Watch: Bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman no longer wanted in Mexico... Man arrested outside Brad Pitt's L.A. home.

Rumor Mill: "Entertainment Tonight" buys alleged Heath Ledger drug tape for $200K... Source tells Us Magazine Brangelina is definitely expecting, planning to sell news to highest bidder for charity... Paris Hilton and Elisha Cuthbert spotted making out in New York club.

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for the latest celeb buzz (and it looks like a busy day) and a little pre-"Lost" hype in this week's edition of Celebritology Live.

By Liz Kelly  | January 31, 2008; 7:23 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Don't Look Now, Here Comes Marie Osmond Again
Next: 'Lost': Questions We Need Answered

Comments

I thought Lisa Simpson was Buddhist! Ay caramba.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 8:13 AM | Report abuse

Whoa, TEN MILLION to Scientology? I didn't know "Simpsons" stars were that well-paid. You'd think she has better things to do with that much money.

Posted by: mmy | January 31, 2008 8:15 AM | Report abuse

Tom and Katie gotta eat!
(not that their movie-bombs are making them any money...)

Posted by: cartwright | January 31, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse

I applaud Nancy Cartwright. What better way to commemorate OT IV? None, I say.

Commitment to the tech is what it's all about. Pursuit of achievement in excellence.

Let's all salute LRH! LRH, this to you!

Posted by: Scientology Sam | January 31, 2008 8:38 AM | Report abuse

The Toronto Star: "Spears' police escort Thursday included motorcycles, two cruisers, and two helicopters."

That's more than Cheney gets. Maybe America *does* love her.

Posted by: byoolin | January 31, 2008 8:50 AM | Report abuse

"Bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman no longer wanted in Mexico."

I don't think anyone's particularly happy to see him in Canada or the USA either, as far as that goes.

Posted by: byoolin | January 31, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DW | January 31, 2008 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Great, even Britney is in reruns, the writer's strike is getting out of hand.

Posted by: michael | January 31, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone watch the re-run of Lost last night? If you didn't you missed an AWESOME video montage of Sawyer with "bad to the bone" playing the background. I didn't think I could love him more, but now I do... ABC really knows how to suck me in. I forgot how much I love that show.

Posted by: mango | January 31, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

How does teh Brit-Brit merit a motorcade for her trip to the booby hatch? Some presidential candidates get lesser escorts. Treatment like this only feeds the problem.

Anyway, what a waste of public resources -- for Californians' sake, I hope she's being billed for all of that.

Posted by: how | January 31, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

If true, that story about Howard K. Stern is going to give lawyers a bad name and ruin his reputation.

Posted by: byoolin | January 31, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

oh no...now bart simpson has crossed over to the dark side.

Posted by: rachelt | January 31, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Fashion consultant sues Spears for $50K.

If this person is behind the "chic look" Britney has had recently, then I think Britney should countersue for breach of contract and intentional infliction of fashion distress.

Posted by: sunnydaze | January 31, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Brit's fashion consultant hopes to work with her in the future? I hear jackets with long sleeves that tie around the back will be big this spring (I couldn't resist saying that...sorry)

Posted by: possum | January 31, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

What about Mary Lynn Rajskub also being pregnant? Chloe with a baby would be awesome in CTU - he/she and mommy could disable nuclear warheads simply with a few clicks of a rattle!

Posted by: LitMajor | January 31, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Oh, man. I really hope that means Britney's actually going to get help.

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

I want to pipe in that I was an eye witness to Victoria Beckham at her Saks event in Boston. Well I really just got a glimpse over the mid-size mob scene snapping pics of her and waiting in line to have their books sign. (Victoria wrote a book?? I was surprised too but apparently she's written 2!) She was looking pretty sour most of the time as she does in the above pic and I actually thought she was promoting perfume not jeans but then like I said I didn't get that close and just saw the logo and assume another celeb perfume. It still riled up our office that's above the mall that someone famous was around. Almost as exciting as when Dane Cook was spotted filming at the hotel across the street!

From the field: sjcpeach

Posted by: sjcpeach | January 31, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

"Dedicated, kids first," Pitt has said of Jolie as a mother. "[She's] really inventive and great fun to them and very, very protective"

Unless you are the blob or the new blob. I see lots of therapy in their real kids future.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Prediction: there will soon be a Simpsons episode where the opening Couch Gag has Bart jumping up and down on it.

Posted by: byoolin | January 31, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Brit and Ethan Hawke are not allowed in the same room together. Two such fertile people would reproduce after one deep look.

No, they got Bart too. They really are taking over Hollywood.

Posted by: ep | January 31, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton = y. a. w. n.

As for Brit, it's no wonder George Clooney wants to move. Speeding around the neighborhood, motorcade, ambulance, helicopters, flashing lights... He already turned down playing Snake Plissken on film, why should he be compelled to do it in real life.

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | January 31, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

"She was looking pretty sour most of the time as she does in the above pic"

I remember that she really doesn't like to smile, because she's self-conscious about it (not sure why, she's got a darling one when it peeks out).

Posted by: 23112 | January 31, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

'lots of therapy in their real kids future.'

Are the other kids unreal?

Posted by: jes | January 31, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

I really wish people could get over that one Angelina Jolie quote about her biological kid. Have you ever hung out with a newborn baby? They're not exactly personality central.

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Here's hoping Britney gets the help she needs. Since she went to the hospital voluntarily, it seems like there's a little hope...

Posted by: Noelle | January 31, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

I really liked the Tom Brady as celeb article the other day. Its amazing that Giselle manages to go to all his games and yet never makes the spectical that Jess Simpson does with Tony Romo. It kind of goes to show that celebs could be more low profile if they tried. Go Pats!

Posted by: bahston | January 31, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

-Being away from the leeches, Brit may get the help she needs.

-Considering how nmany times she makes out in clubs, why Paris making out still news?

Posted by: Lisa1 | January 31, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I actually thought the photo of Posh was a wax figure. Shiny face.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

'lots of therapy in their real kids future.'

Are the other kids unreal?

biological then, is that better? I would forget the statement if she ever smiled/looked engaged/etc around the blob. However, she doesn't and it is sad.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

So right you are, Mango. I hope there's a lot of Sawyer in tonight's ep. I'd watch him read the phone book.

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | January 31, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Posh looks like Michael Jackson in that picture - esp. her nose and expression.

Maybe that is why she doesn't smile?

Posted by: Amelia | January 31, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Liz posted pics of Angelina "interacting" with Shiloh at the Chuck E Cheese's and a brief Google search pulls up a ton of pictures where it is easy to see she is besotted by Shiloh as with all her other children. Seems to me the bizarre obsession with that one statement by Angelina (which when read in cotenxt is 100% understandable--babies don't become full, interactive people for a few months) says more about the obsessed commenters than anything else. Issues to work out, anyone?

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps Posh was upset that David hadn't had a boyzillian recently.

Posted by: Wax Off, VA | January 31, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Hmm, she dyed her hair brown again. I looks good on her. Much better than the blonde from a bottle look.

"Stepping stone"? To whar Fed, being looked at like the male Anna Nicole Smith?

Posted by: EricS | January 31, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Couldn't agree more, anon@10:27. How is it that someone can carry around such hatred for a person they don't know? It's not like Angelina Jolie is, yknow, setting policies you have to live under or monitoring your cellphone calls. She's just living her life.

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the eyewitness report sjcpeach!

Posted by: Liz Kelly | January 31, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

"babies don't become full, interactive people for a few months"

Totally true. My two-month-old is just now starting to be more cognizant of his environment and interacting with it, and in the meantime, it's seemed like I've been focusing on my older child more than ever, just to avoid him feeling like the new one has taken over. It's a weird balancing act, and I can't imagine how much harder it must be with the crush of celebrity and opinionating that someone like Jolie has to deal with.

Posted by: 23112 | January 31, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Oh no, someone brought up the boyzilian again therefor I must post! But really, poor George Clooney with another night of 1am sirens and helocopters. I'd be looking for a new house too.

Posted by: 2 cents | January 31, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin | January 31, 2008 09:05 AM

byoolin-you were being ironic, right? Right?

Posted by: ASinMoCo | January 31, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Therefore and helicopter for cryin' out loud.

Sheesh I'm going back to lurking (no applause please).

Posted by: 2 cents | January 31, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

"Thanks for helping me with my diet. I read the words Oprah and nude in the same sentence and ran to the bathroom for 15 minutes of upchucking!!"

15 minutes? That's not dieting, that's bulimia. You should see someone about that.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

my nom for comment of the week:

Great, even Britney is in reruns, the writer's strike is getting out of hand.

Posted by: michael | January 31, 2008 09:00 AM

and a very close second:

"Bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman no longer wanted in Mexico."

Posted by: byoolin | January 31, 2008 08:54 AM

The reason candidates and the like don't get that level of escort is nobody's worrying about them escaping.

Posted by: b | January 31, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

"Since she went to the hospital voluntarily, it seems like there's a little hope..."

Voluntarily might not be entirely true. The ambulance crew told Britney that it was No-Panties Night at the Ivy nightclub and that Paris and some other hos were already there and getting their drink on. Ten minutes later, Brit had her ugly brown boots on and was strapped into the back of the ambulance.

Posted by: MisterBear | January 31, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Lost! Lost is back! Who cares about Posh looking grouchy when Lost is back!

I just spent a week with my DVD's catching up for what is sure to be a whacked season - I too had forgotten how much I love it and how much Kate began to annoy me near the end of last year...

Posted by: Chasmosaur | January 31, 2008 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone see the comic strip in today's Washington Post Express..about how we put shock collars on dogs yet let Britney run around w/out one? I laughed out loud on the Metro got a few weird looks but heck it's funny. All I could think of was putting shock collars on Britney and Tom Cruise.

Posted by: no_bs_4me | January 31, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

I love the Simpsons so much that I try to ignore the fact that Bart Simpson is a Scientologist, or it would ruin in for me. But this is just over the top crazy. What really sucks is that they can't do any Scientology jokes or she would quit, like Isaac Hayes did.

And apparently Nancy Cartwright was raised in Scientology, so she's a lost cause.

Posted by: julia | January 31, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

What if you get a boyzillian but then wear pleated pants?

Posted by: For 2 cents | January 31, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Brit got the "going to the looney bin" down. She just doesn't have the "staying at the looney bin" perfected.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

i've made comments twice this a.m., no bad words or anything, and they haven't been posted. have i been banned from celebritology?

Posted by: methinks | January 31, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

"says more about the obsessed commenters than anything else. Issues to work out, anyone?"

No more than any of the other posters who post about a celebrity they don't like.

I guess I can only post comments about people who you find fault with. Tell me who you don't like, Paris, Brittney, Howard Stern and I will post a comment about them. Geez! I didn't attack any of you.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe people are trying to exploit Heath Ledger even after his death...Okay...I can...But it is so rude!
Haven't friends and family suffered enough?

Why would someone just want to capitalize on that (ET?!). Okay...he smoked up...But for real. The only person that knows what happened is him. I think people should drop it and move on.

Posted by: Ohyouknow | January 31, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

"babies don't become full, interactive people for a few months"

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

I cannot tell you how sick I am hearing about Britney Spears. She needs to grow up, get help, whatever and the media out there needs to leave her alone, and she needs to stop seeking out their attention. She's damaged herself more than anything or anyone by acting like a lunatic. From now on, I am not reading anything more on her.

Posted by: WI | January 31, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

i've determined that celebritology doesn't allow the word for what the oprah statue is called, a sarc****gus. don't know why, but it doesn't allow it. anyhoo...it's a nightmare. i'd be scared to death to run into it in the dark of night.
angelina needs to be pregnant to make up for that ghastly dress she wore at the recent awards show, whichever it was. dirt colored layers of chiffon. not pretty. however, mazel tov to them if they are expecting.
please, let's all forget we ever heard about 'boyzilians.' that conversation was ten times worse than any p**y discussion we ever had.

Posted by: methinks | January 31, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

How about a byoozilian?

It's the first prize in the WaPo Celebritology Comment of the Week contest. Past winners were renowned for their remarkable wit and amusing postings... right up to the moment of the sack waxing. Yikes!

Posted by: niceFLguy | January 31, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

"The paparazzi and the press have given me a voice. One day I'll be able to use that voice." - Kevin Federline

And as each year passes, I mercifully grow more and more harder of hearing.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | January 31, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I was out of town several weeks ago and missed out on the dust-up about small equid comments. What happened? The bad p-word now has 4 letters, not 5?

Posted by: e | January 31, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

We get to dis Angelina for her blob comment because she holds herself out as this wonderful earth mother. She collects children to show her father that you can be there for your kids and a celebrity too. So, if you are holding yourself out as so much better than the rest of us, we get to skewer you when you screw up.

Blob was an insensitive remark. She should not have said it period. Especially considering the kid will google her name someday and come across it. Gee, thanks for all the love mom about circumstances beyond my control.

Posted by: ep | January 31, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Caught a Biography episode last night of Dana Plato (Kimberly of Different Srokes fame). Wow, so many (in Hollywood) could learn from her up and down life and early death. And she left a son behind who appears to have turned out okay, at least he looked "normal" on the outside.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | January 31, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

How about a byoozilian?

It's the first prize in the WaPo Celebritology Comment of the Week contest....

Posted by: niceFLguy | January 31, 2008 12:00 PM

------

I won't have to model anything, will I?

Posted by: byoolin | January 31, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

methinks, the filter doesn't like anything with p.h.a.g.u.s. in it.

including that part of anatomy known as the gullet or throat

Posted by: omni | January 31, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

"babies don't become full, interactive people for a few months"

'Huh? The other poster gets grilled for "real kids," but it's okay to say babies aren't real people.'

Because the comment does not accuse babies of not being real people.

Posted by: jes | January 31, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Speak for yourselves...my babies were full, interactive people from birth.

BUT -maybe Angelina called her baby a "blob" because she had only adopted before and didn't realize what a infant is like developmentally? I think she adopted her first child when he was over 4 or 6 months old - and a child of that age is very different than a newborn. Lots of people who are unfamiliar with infants think that all children look and act like a Gerber baby upon birth.

Perhaps she is merely ignorant, not unloving toward her child.

Posted by: Amelia | January 31, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe I'm defending Angelina but I really don't get the uproar over the blob comment. Let's face it --infants don't do a whole lot so calling one a blob is an accurate (if not terribly articulate) characterization of a baby's abilities. Now maybe if she called one of her older kids a blob...

Posted by: still | January 31, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

As the mom of a six month old, I have to agree that in the first couple of months, babies really just eat, cry, poop and sleep. And none of it is with personality. I thought of my little guy as a kind of pupa (that's right, a worm) that would eventually turn into a really cute kid - which he has. So, I say all that to say that I think everyone should cut Angie some slack on this one.

Also, I very much doubt that her remark will really have any psychological impact on the kid at all. When my neice was born, and the doctor handed her to my sis-in-law, she said, "Are you sure this one is mine?" The dark coloring was not what she expected...anyway, my niece knows about this and jokes about it and is a great teenaged kid because ever since that time, her mom has loved her and been a great parent - that is what counts, not some remark about being a blob.

Posted by: sunnydaze | January 31, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Angelina Jolie's blob comment may have been just offered and meant in an off-hand manner and, therefore, signify very little.

However, I think she is probably very protective about her adoptive children and their feelings. And cares very obviously about doing right by them.

I read Ben Gazzara's autobiography. In it he wrote about marrying a woman who already had two children. These children lived with them and then they had one of their own.

Gazarra wrote that he was so conscientious about trying to keep everything fair in regards to his stepchildren vs his biological child, that he only realized too late that he had overcompensated and overbalanced.

It was only when his biological child had grown that Gazzara realized that all his super-conscientious efforts to be so super-fair had ended up depriving both himself and his child.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

what I found most interesting about the post at 12:48 re: ben gazarra was
(a) ben gazarra wrote an autobiography
(b) someone read it
no offense to mr. gazarra but his career's been, y'know, over for a while. i mean, i know who he is but i'm in my late 40s. and though he seemed to have had a successful movie/television/movie of the week career, he never was a blockbuster actor. nevertheless, it was, as i said, interesting to find all that out. God love ya, ben gazarra.

Posted by: methinks | January 31, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

full quote:
"I think I feel so much more for Madd and Zee because they're survivors, they came through so much. Shiloh seemed so privileged from the moment she was born. I have less inclination to feel for her...I met my other kids when they were 6 months old, they came with a personality. A newborn really is this...Yes, a blob! But now she's starting to have a personality...I'm conscious that I have to make sure I don't ignore her needs, just because I think the others are more vulnerable."

I thikn she is guilty os syaing out loud what a lot or people might feel. But she clearly and patently adores all her children.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

I know it's for charity, but I find what Brangelina's doing to be thoroughly distasteful. SOmething is just wrong with selling your news to the highest bidder, even if it is for charity -- get over yourself, Angie.

I like the Oprah sculpture. A real woman.

Whomever Elisha Cuthbert is, I hope she gargled with disinfectant.

Posted by: Californian | January 31, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Heh. Speaking as a reporter, and if you copied that quote exactly as it was printed, I'd put money on this guess: The "..." before "Yes, a blob!" means the interviewer said, "A blob?" and she repeated it.

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

ggez, she even notes in that quote that she wants to be sure to give all the children the same attention, the opposite of what everyone has made that quote into

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

h3, upon reading that quote, I think you are exactly right. She is replying to the suggested word provided by the reporter!

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Oh I forgot you all knew her personally and that is why you feel the need to defend and attack people who only know her as a celebrity and judge her through her comments.

So sorry, tell her I'm sorry when you meet her and the blob for lunch at Spago.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

have you read that whole quote, posted above, Anon at 1:25?

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

How can anyone possibly give adequate attention to 4 (soon to be 5 or 6) children? Is that not physically impossible, especially when they're probably all grumpy and totally jet-lagged all the time due to their parents' obsession with being on planes or in a different country every day? And when they have no stability? And when they may well all be "special-needs" kids due to their early childhood experiences? Let's not put the crown of mother of the year on that loony nut ball, Angelina Jolie, please!

Posted by: PJ | January 31, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Is it just me or does Posh have really waxy (please, let's not go to boyzillionville again) looking skin? Is that from too many chemical peels or is there some other procedure/cosmetic that makes skin look like that?

Posted by: still | January 31, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

i, too, am a reporter, h3. i had the same reaction to the entire quote. i've had that happen to me. which is why it's the reporter's job to make sure the context, including the way a quote is given (was it a response to a reporter's suggestion?) is so important.

Posted by: methinks | January 31, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

still,
it just looks to me as if she needs some powder or blotting paper. She is hot under the lights and skin got a little oily. Happens all the time.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

It is amazing how young ones can read or hear something and intrepret one way when it might have been meant another. My Mother once told my sister to stop acting ugly as she was being particularly mean to me and my cousin. My sister took it to mean that mother meant she was physically ugly. She kept this hurt for many years. Shilo could one day read that her mother said, "Shiloh seemed so privileged from the moment she was born. I have less inclination to feel for her...I met my other kids when they were 6 months old, they came with a personality. A newborn really is this...Yes, a blob!" and take it in a way that was never meant.

Posted by: no_bs4me | January 31, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

my point in the above post is that someone in Angelina's position should be careful what she says to the press. She is considered a role model whether she wants to be or not, she has forced this role as she has put her self in front of the media. What is Shiloh going to think of the necklace with vial of Billy Bob Thornton's blood?? Just ewwwww.

Posted by: no_bs4me | January 31, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Now you know the deep, dark secrets of reporters - when you say a word, often the person you're talking to repeats it. Works great when you're interviewing someone incredibly boring for the radio, too.

Anon@1:25, I think we all have our own personal celebrity hates, but I think we're all also sick of that same dumb non-reason being trotted out. She never said what you think she said. You don't need to like her, but you need to come up with a better reason for hating her.

Oop, must run off for my tea with Angelina now....

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

h3 how do you know what she said, were you there? I highly doubt it, so we will just have to stick with what was printed.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Mmmm...tea....

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Liz, Jeniffer Aniston apparently reads your blog! And posts anonymously!

and god help me if I were judged by the whacked out things I did in my early 20s. I was just lucky enough not to be in the public eye while I did them! Apparently, however, if you were a celeb and did nutty things, you will never, ever be able to do enough good in the world to overcome those things. Must be some sort of no-redemption rule I hadn't heard of (and interesting, since everyone in this blog is always hoping Britney can clean herself up and fly right. Guess she has a different set of rules than Angie)

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

I like the picture of the waxen Posh signing autographs and melting under the lights. Is there anything Madame Toussauds can't do these days? So lifelike!

Posted by: Ken | January 31, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

h3, don't keep Angelina too late. We have plans to go shopping together. I'm printing the blog posts so she can see the anonymous apology for herself.

Posted by: jes | January 31, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Ooh, shopping, can I come? Maybe she can find me a dress like that number she was wearing at the SAG awards....

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

come up with a better reason for hating her

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

'Now we need a reason not to like a celebrity. Fine, I don't like her overly arched eye brows.'

Now see, that works.

Posted by: jes | January 31, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Eh, I was at a store's spring preview last night, and about half of the shoppers there probably had the same shiny thing going on as Posh. The heat was up a fair bit to compensate for the cold weather and doors opening and closing all the time, and the body temperature from the 25 or so patrons added up right quick. My dear wife had sweat marks on her back.

Posted by: 23112 | January 31, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

2:13, brilliant. sign me up on that one.

Posted by: methinks | January 31, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Eyebrows: a perfectly acceptable reason for not liking someone. (An old friend of mine keeps her eyebrows plucked in the weirdest shape ever. What is with that? Do people not look in the mirror?)

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

h3, shouldn't you say something to your 'old friend'? along the lines of "why on earth do you eyebrows look like that?"
something like that but more tactful. then let me know how it goes.

Posted by: methinks | January 31, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Picking on celebrities is kinda what we do here (when not picking on men wearing pleated pants). We are just not liking Angelina for her blob comment, we are not saying she should die. That is why we can hope Brit will straighten up because we don't want her dead. We want her alive so we can snark about her lack of her fashion sense some more.

Posted by: ep | January 31, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

I guess lots of people's points are: have you READ the quote? If anyone else said that, would you object? I highly doubt it. It is a sane, normal mother thing to say. She is concerned about her child and does NOT WANT TO shirk the attention.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Thank you ep. I think my not liking AJ is the same as Liz not liking Diane Keaton. For God's sake, I didn't say we should send her to some far off country without running water and food. Oh wait, she goes there herself anyway.

Good for her.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I just want to throw in here: does Ethan Hawke own a razor? He looks dirty. I bet he smells.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

That's called favortism.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

well, 2:35, we all wish we were as perfect a person and as good a mother as you. Might want to proofread a little better, however, unless you meant blog...

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Why the harshin and hatin on Ben Gazzara?

His career achievements and insights into his life experiences get dismissed simply because he's gotten older?

Let's just put him on a block of ice and send him out to sea.

Or maybe he needs to spend a weekend at Chateau Marmont shooting up to regain some cred.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

ooops sorry, I did mean blob. What does my parenting skills or how good a person I am have to do with AJ. I am not a celebrity being discussed on a blog.

However, I realize now that some of you cannot seperate the two issues.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I think if I had a newborn I would call it "blog." Whatcha doin today? Oh, just workin' on my blog.

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

you could call one kid "blog" and the other "ezine". I like it....

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

not hatin' (though i'll give you harshin') on gazarra, just really surprised to see his name come up. surprised that he wrote a book. surprised that someone read it. just...you know, surprised.
gazarra had a substantial career, in his day, but he's not like some actors that you still hear about...paul newman comes to mind though less so these days.
and i don't think i'm too far off the mark in my surprise that his name came up here since usually a mention like that would be followed by RIP. (see suzanne Pleshette, tom poston, sam the butcher, etc.)
i wish gazarra nothing but the best and plenty of royalties on his book.

Posted by: methinks | January 31, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

I'd never heard of him, personally, so count me surprised that he'd written a book.

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Ben Gazzara's autobiography is not a recent book. I read it some time ago, and even then it had already been out for some time.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

I think A.J's comment about the baby reveal:

1. her ignorance about infants (thus finding them blob-like)

2. a dangerous tendency to think of one child as having it "easy" and the others as not.

Ever been friends with a family where one child is extremely ill? Sometimes, the perfectly healthy child becomes jealous (and never becomes close to the sick child) b/c the healthy child sees all the "perks" associated with being ill, such as parental attention and concern.

While I don't have a personal opinion about A.J., I do find her comments about natural child being privileged v. rough life of other children to be a bad idea. She doesn't have to talk about these comparisons (even if she feels them) so why tell anyone? It certainly won't help the children bond - and I think one of them might be old enough already to read.

Posted by: Amelia | January 31, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

New quote of the week:

Posted by: h3 | January 31, 2008 02:47 PM

Posted by: WDC 21113 | January 31, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

that picture of Posh looks like she just said to herself "oh crap, I just sharted!"

Posted by: Anonymous | January 31, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Not a regular poster, but I have to say, all the anonymous posts are confusing. Unless they're all from the same person, please come up with a name!

Posted by: m.a. | January 31, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

People! If I wanted to read people fighting about their parenting skillz, I'd click On Parenting! We are here to diss celebrities!

Get back on topic, or I'll start slinging some p**y poo.

I'm bored with Brangelina anyway and wish they'd just stop blogging.

Posted by: e | January 31, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

"I do not call my new born a blog and if one of my friends said it, I would not think it was very nice. I also don't think a mother should feel more of anything for one of her children.

That's called favortism."

I've been told by quite a few parents that the dirty little secret of parenthood is that you do have favorites. It's not that you love one more, but you have one that you click with more than the rest. The fact that they all came out of you doesn't mean that they all have the same personality.

As for the kids reading what she said, I'm sure by the time they can all read and process they will have had more than enough contact with AJ and BP to know they are loved.

Posted by: only the shadow knows | January 31, 2008 10:12 PM | Report abuse