Posted at 8:05 AM ET, 01/10/2008

Morning Mix: Hurricane Brit Hits East Coast

By Liz Kelly

Tom Hanks arrives at the London premiere of 'Charlie Wilson's War.' (Getty Images)

Britney Watch: Brit flees L.A., flies east with photog boytoy (or, is she actually in Mexico?)... Police issue restraining order against Spears... Spears family (pot) says that (calls) Dr. Phil (kettle) went too far (black).

Headlines: Katie Holmes calls Nicole Kidman pregnancy "wonderful"... Gisele Bundchen says she's happy to be paid in a variety of currencies, including the underperforming dollar... Woman says she was traumatized by Lindsay Lohan during July car chase... Brangelina make the scene at Chuck E. Cheese over holidays... Do blondes have more fun? Let's ask Amy Winehouse... Hospital cited for endangering Dennis Quaid's newborns.

Crime Watch: Uma Thurman may testify in stalker trial... Dionne Warwick's jewels stolen from Rome hotel.

Rumor Mill: TMZ: Pregnant Pam Anderson pushing forward with divorce... Nicole Kidman's mom hints that baby is expected in July... Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal to marry?... John Mayer and "Friday Night Lights" star Minka Kelly split.

Bonus: The Latest from Funny or Die -- "Between Two Ferns" with Michael Cera and Zach Galifianakis.

Chat Day: Go shorty, it's your chat day. We're gonna party like it's time to talk hot celeb dish at 2 p.m. ET in this week's edition of Celebritology Live.

-- Updated, 11:35 a.m. ET

By Liz Kelly  | January 10, 2008; 8:05 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Risky Business: Chronicling Cruise
Next: Creative Captioning: Inside Joke?

Comments

"The Latest from Funny of Die"

"The Latest from Funny OR die"

FTFY :-)

Posted by: Anonymous | January 10, 2008 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Fixt!

Thanks anonymous hero!

Posted by: Liz | January 10, 2008 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Having her jewellery stolen prompted Dionne Warwick to temporarily re-write some of her hits.

On this tour she will be singing her hits such as "Do You Know the Way to the Hotel Safe?," "I Say A Little Prayer For The Speedy Return Of My Baubles" and "That's What Fences Are For."

Posted by: byoolin | January 10, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: harerin | January 10, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Amy, dear, that new do isn't going to disguise you nearly well enough to help you break your dear Blakie out of gaol.

Posted by: byoolin | January 10, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

"Brit's landed on the east coast? Ohhhhh, so THAT explains the feeling in the air this morning..."

Curiously enough, I felt it too...gives me the creeps.

Posted by: 23112 | January 10, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Shouldn't Dionne Warwick have predicted her jewelry would be stolen?

I see you didn't include Joy Behar's almost as dumb as Sherri Shephard's stupid religion comment.

Posted by: ep | January 10, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

ep, what did Joy say? Inquiring minds want to know!

Posted by: byoolin | January 10, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Is it me or is John Mayer a bit flighty in his relationships? Every time I turn around he's breaking up with someone or getting back together with someone or dating someone new. Is he trying to invent some new love angst to inspire his whiny songwriting?

Posted by: sjcpeach | January 10, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Well at least it looks like Amy washed her hair. I hope she washed her hair.

So Brit and the photog, nice, yet another excellent decision in a long line of excellent decisions.

Posted by: petal | January 10, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

It may be Mayer that keeps getting kicked to the curb, though.

Posted by: 23112 | January 10, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

John Mayer's love life is of no interest to me to this point. Call me if he starts dating Dakota Fanning or something.

And Britney-to paraphrase words of that subway ghost in "Ghost": GET OFF MY SEABOARD!

I too, have been traumatized by Lindsay Lohan. That is all.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | January 10, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

I woke up early this morning with a start and couldn't figure out why. Now I know it's because Britney is in my time zone.

Posted by: Magnolia | January 10, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Which, of course, shows her total ignorance of how someone becomes a saint (hint: hearing voices is NOT a requirement).

Posted by: ep | January 10, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

The ladies of the View make me feel smart on my lowest of days. I hope their 150+ IQs continue for as long as tv lasts.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 10, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

I've always giggled a little at the following line from a song by a band I can't remember (but can still sing the whole dang song when I hear it):

"I hear the voices in my head I swear to god it sounds like they're snoring." I think its appropriate for both Spears drama and The View these days.

Posted by: PGM | January 10, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

More on Joy Behar: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321472,00.html

Posted by: omni | January 10, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

We've been had! According to TMZ.com, Brit and her latest accomplice are actually in Mexico. Oh, what the silly girl won't do next! Stay tuned to the crazy antics of Britney

Posted by: pnina | January 10, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

It may also explain the 20-degree temperature drop. :)

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | January 10, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

"...well if you're bored/ then you're boring/ the agony and the irony are killing me"

flagpole sitta, harvey danger. quite apropos.

Posted by: imrhyming | January 10, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

"Joy Behar said all the Catholic saints were crazy since they heard voices. Since we have medication now, people don't hear voices, so no more saints."

Er, Joy, sweetheart?

Number of canonizations between 1592 and 1978 (death of Paul VI) = 302
Number of canonizations between 1978 and 2004 (by JPII): 482.

The Vatican couldn't have produced more saints in the last 30 years if they'd outsourced the work to India.

Posted by: byoolin | January 10, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

On Joy Behar's Catholic Saint remark, don't you think she was just using her trademark sarcastic sense of humor? COme on now, it seems pretty obvious to me.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 10, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Oh, you mean her trademark unfunniness? Yeah, that must be it.

Posted by: 23112 | January 10, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Nope, she was serious. When Mother Theresa was mentioned (she's being fastracked to sainthood), she pointed out that MT heard voices too and dared to have doubts.

The women of The View need to stop discussing religion. Okay, they actually need to stop talking period. To think, Barbara Walters was once a respected journalists.

Posted by: ep | January 10, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

I propose a Very Special Episode of The View:

"The View From Space"

We put Joy, Elisabeth, Sherri, Whoopi and Baba (along with a pages-long-list of special guests) in the Space Shuttle.

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.

Posted by: byoolin | January 10, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Oh, look, someone forgot to pack their space suits. Oopsie.

Posted by: byoolin | January 10, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

This is going to irritate me until I find out. I the group Jimmy Eat World.

Posted by: petal | January 10, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Petal, Imrhyming identified the song and singer upthread.

Ep, if the women from the View stop talking period, the only topic they have left is menopause.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | January 10, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

love that song! Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger

My favorite lyrics:
"Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding,
the cretins cloning and feeding,
and i don't even own a tv."

Posted by: rachelt | January 10, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

if brit did fly east, then that explains all the crappy weather we in the flyover states had in her wake....

Posted by: b | January 10, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I read that Brit's photog boyfriend is married. Is this true?

Posted by: Lisa1 | January 10, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

MoCoSnarky ,

Thanks, I missed that post.

Posted by: petal | January 10, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I love that song too, and unfortunately rachelt's favorite lyrics got stuck in my head for like a month - while I was pregnant...hmmm, wonder what that might mean.

I think Amy Winehouse looks amazingly better in those photos. Her skin looks pretty good and her eyes look bright. Her hair - well, maybe she's no Gwen Stefani, but it couldn't be worse, could it?

ep - I don't think that Dionne ever claimed to BE a phsyic friend, only to have them. But, that being said, why didn't one of her friends call her with a warning. Or better yet, why didn't she know what everyone else knows - not to leave valuables lying about in the hotel room?

Posted by: sunydaze | January 10, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

The photog is married. There was a whole lot of info about him on E! News the other week.

Posted by: LitMajor | January 10, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Okay, answer me this: John Mayer's songwriting will never be mentioned in the same breath with Lennon and McCartney, but I'll concede the guy is a decent guitarist. And though more than a few women find him cute, in an angsty man-boy rocker sort of way, I think we can agree that he's no Bon Jovi. So how is it that Mayer has his choice of so many gorgeous women? It seems like every time I turn around, he's test driving a different hottie. I'd be plenty happy with this guy's cast-offs!

Posted by: MisterBear | January 10, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

what's the over/under on britney getting knocked up by the photog?

Posted by: cee_jay | January 10, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

cee-jay, despite what the boys told us in middle school, the position doesn't actually affect conception.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 10, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Pam Anderson is pregnant, do we know if Rick Salomon is really the daddy or is that crazy magician she was working for?

Posted by: Bored @ work | January 10, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

I have to say when I was in my twenties, I HATED it when my mother would go on The Today Show to rekindle an incident with one of Oprah's cohorts. God, I hated that.

Posted by: LLL | January 10, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

actually, no, the guy she is with now, Ghalib or something like that, is not married. The other guy she hung out with, Osama Lufti, IS married. The latest is that she and this new guy were in Baja California and now have left, so maybe they still are coming to the East Coast--yay for us.

And Pam Anderson denied on her blog that she is pregnant, according the a quote from the blog on Perez Hilton.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 10, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

You know you have sunk to a new low when the new TV Celebrity Pschologist says the old TV Celebrity Psychologist crossed the line. Yep, Dr. Drew is criticizing Dr. Phil about Twitney.

Posted by: ep | January 10, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse