Posted at 7:49 AM ET, 01/ 8/2008

Morning Mix: It's Official -- Nicole Kidman Expecting

By Liz Kelly

Expectant parents Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban in November. (Reuters)

Headlines: Publicist confirms Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban expecting... George Clooney says Kidman will be "perfect mother." (Psst... George, she already is a mother.)... Elisabeth Hasselbeck brings newborn son to work... Golden Globes ceremony scrapped... "No Country for Old Men" tops Critics Choice Awards... Katie Holmes wears bath sheet to ceremony... David Letterman loses the beard... Cell-phone throwing supermodel Journalist (who knew?) Naomi Campbell interviews Hugo Chavez for magazine... Jessica Simpson brings boyfriend Tony Romo along for Cabo family retreat... Cookbook author sues Jerry Seinfeld for defamation.

Britney Watch: Spears returns home after desert retreat with photog friend (who is reportedly shopping exclusive pix of Brit to tabloids)... Car impounded after she abandoned it on L.A. street... Sis Jamie Lynn preps for GED test.

Rumor Mill: Jennifer Aniston moving to New York to be closer to Jason Lewis?... Norah Jones breaks up with bassist boyfriend... Third season of "I Love New York" on tap following split from season two winner Tailor Made.... Paula Abdul reportedly freaks out at LAX over holidays.

By Liz Kelly  | January 8, 2008; 7:49 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Dr. Phil Gets Real. Real Low, That Is
Next: Comment Box: Celebs Love (Not So Candid) Cameras

Comments

Liz Kelly, you shouldn't tease us by using the words "loses the beard" so close to the name "Katie Holmes."

Posted by: byoolin | January 8, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

hehehe... Byoo, are you accusing me of doing that on purpose?

Posted by: Liz | January 8, 2008 8:35 AM | Report abuse

After yesterday's vicious attack on Hey Now! Hank Kingsley, I wouldn't put anything past you. (I mean that in the best possible way, of course.)

Posted by: byoolin | January 8, 2008 8:38 AM | Report abuse

I heard that Dr. Phil offered to give Nicole a pelvic exam when he heard her news.

Posted by: 23112 | January 8, 2008 8:52 AM | Report abuse

I'm so glad that Jerry Seinfeld got what was coming to him- here's hoping the author wins the lawsuit. Seinfeld's such a jackass.

Posted by: surlychick | January 8, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

With Nicole officially preggers, we finally have the smoking gun that proves Tommy fires blanks. Katie better go get a DNA test.

Posted by: yellojkt | January 8, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

-Why don't Dr. Phil offers his service to Paula Adbul.

-Please stop this trainwreck called "I Love New York". Two seasons are enough for this washed-up stripper and her search boobs bigger than her own. Enough.

-Congratulations to Nicole and Keith.

Posted by: Lisa1 | January 8, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Uh, Katie, when Carol Burnett dressed up in the drapes, it was a joke.

Posted by: yellojkt | January 8, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

23112, *that* was Tambor.

Posted by: byoolin | January 8, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

does it anyone else find it suspicious that paula has her freak outs so close to when the next season of american idol is supposed to air? or is that just me being paranoid.

Posted by: melissamac1 | January 8, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Motto for New York needs to be changed to I Love New York (State)/(City) because it's obvious no one loves New York (skank).

Posted by: pnina | January 8, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

23112-well played.

Congrats to Nicole Kidman-here's hoping the baby is born with an equally smooth forehead.

yellowjkt, are you trying to suggest Katie herself is unaware of the father of her child? I mean, wouldn't she of all people be the one to know the answer to that? Oh, I see your point...

Posted by: ASinMoCo | January 8, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Katie's not wearing a bath sheet, she's wearing upolstery. And it really looks itchy.

Anyway, where else was she going to wear that dress now that the Golden Globes are cancelled?

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | January 8, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Earth to genius George: Nicole is already a mom twice over. Brangelina, sic him!

Posted by: erm | January 8, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

If they don't want us to think it's a cult why did they let Katie out of the compound in the uniform?

Posted by: jes | January 8, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone think Kat(i)e Holmes is looking older than she really is with her newest weightloss. If I saw a picture of her I would put her at 35.

Posted by: MGC | January 8, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

While I think Cruise has gone a little wacko, the idea that Suri is not his baby is absurd. Her resemblance to Tom and Katie is undeniable.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 8, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

To yellojkt,

I know you are just joking, but have you seen Tom and Katies baby? That kid looks exactly like Tom. There is no doubt it his baby.

Posted by: D W | January 8, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Here's the Nicole/Cruise/Katie conspiracy theory in a nutshell. Tommie (not gay,btw) discovered he was shooting blanks when he was married to Mimi Rodgers. When he married Nicole they adopted as a cover. She got pregnant and got an abortion (technically a miscarriage). Tommie got a whiff of it and kicked her to the curb before the pre-nup ka-chinged.

When Tom was interviewing arm candy to do publicity stunts for MI:3, it came to light that leading candidate Katie was in the family way. Tom latched onto this as great cover for the next five years until her contract is up. They will split amicably right around a movie release and Tom gets to claim someone else's spawn as his own.

I've said too much. I hear the black helicopters now.

Posted by: yellojkt | January 8, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

I hope the Urban/Kidman kid (ha!) will inherit her pretty, pretty red hair and not his unfortunately highlights.

Posted by: tamerlane | January 8, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

MGC, yes, Katie is clearly in mid-process of some sort of systematic rapid aging syndrome similar to what goes on in daytime soaps except there they switch actors. I think she's being packaged as Jackie O the Sequel but it's coming off as Lifetime Presents Jackie Collins' Jackie O the Sequel starring Posh. Want proof? http://www.usmagazine.com/i_us_i_poll_whats_your_swimwear_style

Posted by: Anonymous | January 8, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

I think the toga was probably one of those things that looked better in person than in photos, or at least in motion. In the shot of her walking it actually looked kinda nice. If the drape on her right shoulder wasn't so wide, it probably would have been a bit more fab than fug.

But hey - at least she's not skanky or in a downward spiral. Sure, Tom's got her locked up in the compound for the most part, but I don't think she's in anyone's dead pool these days, and her child looks healthy and happy (and really, really cute).

And so what if the PR folks are trying to spin her into a Jackie O or Audrey Hepburn lookalike - nothing wrong with that. I think we could do with a cycle of celebrities looking more classic and classy than trashy.

And let's forgive "Intern George" his slip up. Based on all the "happy family" pictures and stories, I doubt Nicole has seen her two adopted kids for years. I think Tom has been holding onto them for photo ops...

Posted by: Chasmosaur | January 8, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Congrats to Nicole. Here's hoping she get to actually raise this one. Considering Tom has the other two at the compound, it's no wonder some people forget she is already a mom.

Jessica, step away from the Romo and no one gets hurt.

Posted by: ep | January 8, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

"I like the Prince," he said. "Now he has Camilla, his new girl. She's not as attractive, is she?"

And the award for understatment of the year goes to.....Hugo Chavez!

Posted by: Sunnydaze | January 8, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

"Jamie Lynn preps for GED test" - I can't be the only one who finds this hilarious. That family wouldn't recognize a high school diploma if it came up and shook their hands.

And they keep spawning. Why, God, why???

Posted by: jaybbub | January 8, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I think Suri looks like her Tom's cousin. Perhaps he gave a donation?

Posted by: Irish girl | January 8, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

What, exactly, is Nicole Kidman expecting?

That her lunatic ex-husband will soon become as big an embarrassment to his new wife, as he was to the first two?

Or that she will open the newspaper at breakfast one day and read that Tom was found to have a satellite dish growing out of his bum? Inquiring minds want to know.

Posted by: MisterBear | January 8, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Irish girl,

Are you the same Irish girl who was preggers last year?

Posted by: Lisa1 | January 8, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

"With Nicole officially preggers, we finally have the smoking gun that proves Tommy fires blanks."

Not necessarily. Not to be a killjoy, but it *can* be possible for two healthy adults to fail to conceive for years, even with medical assistance, and then *bam* one month it happens without anyone expecting it at all. Been there, done that, and now we've got two. Nicole might have gotten a little hormone therapy that she didn't try back when she was with Tommy.

Posted by: 23112 | January 8, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Glad to hear that Ms. Kidman is expecting, but I keep hearing that,since meeting and marrying Keith Urban, she has basically ignored her kids with Cruise - she hardly ever sees them, and in turn, their relationship with her now is practically non-existent (she herself was quoted as saying that they don't call her Mom anymore, just Nicole). Let's not hope that she has let her happiness with Urban cost her a relationship with Isabella and Cruise.

Posted by: Stephfl | January 8, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, I meant Isabella and Conner.

Posted by: Stephfl | January 8, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Thank you, Katie Holmes, for showing me that when I wake up in the morning all wrapped up in a bed blanket and don't feel like getting dressed for work, I really don't have to.

Posted by: Magnolia | January 8, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Re Nic and her kids with Tommy, what I have read (from some stellar sources, no doubt LOL) is that it's more like she wants to see them more but they aren't permitted to be with her for long stretches of time for various reasons (the most obvious being that she's a Suppressive Person in the eyes of Scientology) and that she was really upset that they weren't calling her Mom (but they are calling Katie Mom instead). Poor Nicole - I hope she finally gets her happy ending.

Posted by: CallMeSkeptical | January 8, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

how do all of you people "know" or "hear" these things about tom and nicole and katie? none of you really know what transpired with them! why are you all such haters?

Posted by: arlington, va | January 8, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

23112, that makes a lot of sense since Tom doesn't believe in drugs (or psychiatry), he may not have believed in fertility treatments either.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 8, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Whoa. Katie's dress is the butt-ugliest thing I've seen in a long time. I can't decide if it's a shower curtain or some sort of fake reptilian upholstery.
AND I think she should comb her hair.

Posted by: POS | January 8, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Who wants to take bets on Jamie failing the GED? She obviosly knows diddly about biology.

Apparently Norah forgot one of the sacrosant things about a band, don't sleep with your bandmates or their bf/gf's.

Posted by: EricS | January 8, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Katie doesn't look muscular, she looks like she needs a sammitch.

I saw some of the Critics Choice Awards last nite & all I can say is I <3 Javier Bardem!!

Anyone wanna start a pool on how far Nicole's face is gonna fall now that she can't Botox the hell out of it?

Also, I found this yesterday surfing Perez Hilton, I think the url actually says it all:

Posted by: Bored @ home | January 8, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

George Clooney is a moron. As an adoptive parent, I am highly offended by his convenient lack of memory of Nicole Kidman's current parenthood.

Like the world cares about his opinion anyway -- this is the guy who after Princess Diana died suddenly proclaimed himself celebrity spokesman against "paparazzos" and did the media circuit with Fran Drescher.

(Earth to George: Diana's death was Not About You. Neither is Nicole Kidman's pregnancy!)

Is he coaching Jamie Lynn for the GED too? Sheesh. Go away, ya no-talent bum.

Posted by: td | January 8, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ep | January 8, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Is Britney burping in one of those photos? Is she naked in the one of her behind the wheel of her car?

Probably one of the best things that could happen to her is having her car impounded, but heck, she'll just buy another so who cares?

I'm really surprised the Scientolonuts allowed Tom to marry Katie ... isn't Katie's father a lawyer (aka 'Dangerous Person' or whatever they call it) and doesn't she have a kick-a** prenup?

Posted by: Californian | January 8, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Check out the picture of Brit-Brit on the people.com homepage. Is it just me or does she bear a striking resemblance to Robert Smith of The Cure?

Posted by: Californian | January 8, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Yowza! You're right about the Britney Spears=Robert Smith pic.

That'd be a good game - match the appropriate self-destructive Cure lyrics to Britney Spears life choices....

Posted by: rachelt | January 8, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Irish girl,

Are you the same Irish girl who was preggers last year?

Yep, I had him in October and he is healthy and fat. He is really mine too :)

Posted by: Irish girl | January 8, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Californian, I'm holding out until Brit-Brit looks like the Robert Smith picture Liz Kelly posted a while back...

Posted by: byoolin | January 8, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

hahahaha!

That grin Robert Smith has in that picture is hysterical! Forgot about that one!

Posted by: rachelt | January 8, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

I can't decide if George Clooney (whom I adore) deserves blame or whether Nicole does for being such an uninvolved mother that he forgot she had kids. She does a lot of movies for someone with kids.

Then again, maybe they're not such good friends after all.

Posted by: amy | January 8, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

"Hey, don't call George a no-talent bum. He was terrific as the slacker handyman on Facts of Life. And as the slacker janitor on the original ER."

Well, you got me there, ep. After those stellar moments, he developed what one critic called the head-down-eyes-up style of acting (cf. E.R. -- the later one), and it was straight downhill from there (Oscar or no Oscar). . . .

Posted by: td | January 8, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse