Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 01/29/2008

Morning Mix: Olsen Won't Be Questioned in Ledger's Death

By Liz Kelly

Naomi Campbell smiles at a Berlin press conference during Germany's Fashion Week 2008. (Getty Images)

Headlines: Police say Mary-Kate Olsen won't be questioned in death of Heath Ledger... Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban launching sappily-named clothing line... "The Late Show's" Craig Ferguson passes U.S. citizenship test... Diana Ross booed in Jamaica... Tom Brady: Sports star or celebrity?... Hayden Panettiere hits D.C. to raise whale awareness... Amy Winehouse still in rehab... Nigella Lawson says she won't leave her children any money.

Spears Watch: After blowout with manager Sam Lufti, mom and dad comfort tearful Britney... Barbara Walters: Lufti says Brit is struggling with mental issues... K-Fed-ex Shar Jackson says Spears's kids are doing fine... Rumor: Jamie Lynn partying while pregnant?... Fourth season of "Zoey 101" begins.

Crime Watch: Defense rests in Wesley Snipes tax fraud trial... Judge denies Foxy Brown's travel request.

Rumor Mill: Gwen Stefani pregnant again?... Kathy Griffin banned from "The View" for being "too mean" to Walters... Kate Hudson begged co-star Matthew McConaughey to wear deodorant.

List: 10 Worst Movie Hairdos

P.S. Is it just me, or does Pixie Geldof look like a blond, bombed Katie Holmes?

By Liz Kelly  | January 29, 2008; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebritology 101: What Price Beauty and Bulk?
Next: Lindsay Lohan, Washed Up at 21?

Comments

I think she looks more like a blonde Kelly Osbourne.

Posted by: Lsht | January 29, 2008 8:35 AM | Report abuse

If only Matthew had agreed to Kate's request that he wear deodorant, we'd be able to figure out how much of that stench is just from the movie.

Posted by: byoolin | January 29, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Pixie Geldof just needs to learn the tech to shed a few body thetans. She'll be fine afterwards, just like Katie Holmes.

Posted by: Scientology Sam | January 29, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

The last time I saw a support network of friends and family like the one Brit has, it was circling in the air over a dead animal on the side of the Interstate.

Posted by: byoolin | January 29, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

It's not you, Liz Kelly: you look nothing like a blond, bombed Katie Holmes.

Posted by: byoolin | January 29, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Who'da thunk BaBa WaWa would be so sensitive?

After her US tour was cancelled due to sluggish ticket sales when she decided she didn't want to perform with the original Supremes or spending a few days in jail, Diana Ross would tone down her diva attitude. I guess once a diva, always a diva.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 29, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

I agree with Nigella Lawson that her kids should have to earn there own money, and also she can come and cook for me any day.

Posted by: michael | January 29, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Pixie looks more like Suri in 15 yrs.

Posted by: Lisa1 | January 29, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Oh Babwa WaWa, I'd make a snarky remark about the unbelievable lameness of your *journalism* but I usually fall asleep before you're halfway through your report (There is a man. This man is friends. With Britney Spears. This man says............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Posted by: Magnolia | January 29, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Obviously Nigella has been watching trust fund babies such as Paris, et al and decided she didn't want that for her own kids.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 29, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Heh. If Babs wanted to find a way to muzzle Kathy G., banning her from the View ain't it. Griffin could get a full thirty minutes of material from that alone.

Posted by: 23112 | January 29, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Samuel L. Jackson must have some of the top spots in that 10 worst movie hairdos list.

Posted by: petal | January 29, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

While Nigella's general spirit is admirable (kids need to learn a work ethic), she's the daughter of a high-ranking British government official and an heiress herself. She isn't exactly a rags-to-riches story, herself.

Perhaps she should go the Rockefeller route, and give her kids allowances with guidelines and rules as to how it is spent, saved and documented. Also, to show how keeping up with the rules means a small increase, but not keeping up with the rules means a decrease. That would probably keep them from going the celebutante route.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | January 29, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

I think that "smile" Naomi Campbell is wearing is the same one she has just before she starts throwing things at the help.

Posted by: ep | January 29, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

I think that except for the fact that she tucked her dress into her knickers, Pixie is much more attractive than Katie.

Posted by: possum | January 29, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

What is a "Pixie Geldof" and why should I care? (I presume she's Bob's daughter? Same question. . . .)

I'm having trouble staying alert enough to read this Morning Mix. Guess not a lot is happening (Spears, Winehouse, Cruise references? Check).

What, Diana Ross is a diva? Shocker! The Matthew b.o. news doesn't exactly surprise me either. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Thanks for trying, Liz!

Posted by: td | January 29, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Winehouse is still there? Maybe they were actually serious this time.

Posted by: EricS | January 29, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

totally unrelated, but check out this pic of Amy Winehouse, pre-drugs. Holy cow, NOT the same person!

Posted by: Anonymous | January 29, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

now compare this pic of Britney!!

Posted by: Anonymous | January 29, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

So Amy Winehouse is what, early early 20s? And that pic is from a few years ago? Man the brits really do have bad teeth! Yuck!

Posted by: PGM | January 29, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

wikipedia lists her b'day as 9/14/83. Not sure when that pic was taken.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 29, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

April 27, 2056 -- Amy Winehouse still in rehab.

Posted by: MisterBear | January 29, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

So is the thing about Jamie Lynn giving her baby back to her mom really true? I've seen it a few places, but I haven't seen it in quotes, so I'm holding off completely buying it. If it is true, why would she think people want to see her again after she's given up her babe? Doesn't exactly make her starlet material. I would think her handlers would be spinning it a bit differently... take some time off, things up in the air, hold on for the return of a kinder, gentler, less promiscuous Jamie...

Posted by: rachelt | January 29, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

LOST starts the day after tomorrow. Can't wait for more LOST chats and blogs on here!!!!! I'll be refreshing my browser all day Friday checking if it has been posted!

Posted by: Fairfax | January 29, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

MisterBear - I like that headline better than Amy Winehouse RIP. I hope she gets clean and makes another record.

Posted by: sunnydaze | January 29, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

I do too, sunny. Despite all of her personal problems, the woman has a lot of talent and put out a great first CD.

Posted by: MisterBear | January 29, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

What a great way to celebrate my 78th B-Day, MisterBear!!!

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | January 29, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

I always thought McConaughey would smell like weed & patchouli AND B.O.

Sorta like a Dead show but only with less twirling & more hot abs.

Posted by: Bored @ home | January 29, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

(Early) congrats, Pompous! Maybe you should celebrate by getting your drink on and then heading down to Promises for a visit with Amy.

Posted by: MisterBear | January 29, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

"...the woman has a lot of talent and put out a great first CD." Amy Winehouse put out two great CDs. Frank and Back in Black. Frank, by far is my favorite.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 29, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

If Kate Hudson is handing out deoderant and hygiene products, she should send some to Brit and Amy. I'm guessing they both need it.
Also, why in god's name is Jamie Lynn Spears giving the baby to her mom? She could make a bundle if she sells it.

Posted by: possum | January 29, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Since when does Clay Aiken look like Willy Wonka? http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/4145

Posted by: yuck | January 29, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Thank you Kate Hudson. When I read that Matthew McStinky was going to be a father, my first thought was, whoa, someone actually held her nose long enough to have sex with that guy?

Posted by: Californian | January 29, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to add to the 10 Worst Hairdos, Carrie Bradshaw's hair in the second half of Season Six of SATC. I can't believe stylists actually let her be filmed with that lank, ratty hair that desperately needed a comb and a deep conditioner.

Posted by: Worst Hairdos, Part 2 | January 29, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: possum | January 29, 2008 12:42 PM

That would be the Comment Of The Week.

Posted by: byoolin | January 29, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of Willy Wonka, I think Johnny Depp's version of the role had a top ten worst hairdo. I really couldn't look at him like that.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 29, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

What about Nicholas Cage in Con Air? I would have picked that bad do over the National Treasure one.

Posted by: VAtoLA | January 29, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Is it wrong that I have no reaction to the latest news about Britney - except to lust after her shoes?

I mean seriously, people, those are great shoes.

Posted by: pghbekka | January 29, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse