Posted at 7:50 AM ET, 02/ 4/2008

Morning Mix: Celebs Dominate Super Bowl Ads

By Liz Kelly

In Case You Missed It:
All of this year's celeb-heavy Super Bowl ads without the pesky game. Here's a taste:

Headlines: Eva Mendes reportedly checks into rehab facility... Friends mourn Heath Ledger at second L.A. memorial service... Writers' strike could be over by end of week... Paula Abdul plans summer album release... Spice Girls cancel concerts in four countries due to low turnout... French president Nicolas Sarkozy weds model Carla Bruni... Former "Idol" contestant Katharine McPhee marries.

Spears Watch: Brit's hospital stay extended to 14 days, says TMZ.com... Spears lawyers expected in court today to fight conservatorship ruling.

Crime Watch: Jury acquits Wesley Snipes of tax fraud... Man pleads guilty to burgling "Lost" star Josh Holloway's home.

Rumor Mill: Madonna and Guy Ritchie plan to renew wedding vows in summer ceremony... George Clooney ready to shack up with girlfriend Sarah Larson.

P.S. Sarah Silverman had something (okay, a possibly NSFW video) to share with boyfriend Jimmy Kimmel.

By Liz Kelly  | February 4, 2008; 7:50 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Britney Spears's Dad Granted Temporary Conservatorship
Next: Are We All Celebrity Stalkers?

Comments

OK, why was this so hard to find?

So why is it that when perpetual bachlor George Clooney is ready to settle down, it's with a cocktail waitress half his age? I am so disappointed.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 4, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

No Spice for thee, Argentina.

Posted by: byoolin | February 4, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Poor Brit. I do hope the courts grant her an impartial monitor to oversee her parents' handling of her affairs.

Posted by: rachelt | February 4, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I would be happy with Brit's dad being the conservator -- if he hadn't apparently sat back and let Lynne pimp the kids.

The commercials with the celebs were among the dumber ones yesterday. So, on top of spending $3 just to buy the time, they overspent on a celeb that did nothing to help sell the product.

Posted by: ep | February 4, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

'News Of The Weird' columnist Chuck Shepherd on Snipes:

"Wesley Snipes is smart enough that he figured out how to act stupid enough to convince a jury that he wasn't smart enough to know what nobody you know is stupid enough to believe about taxes."

Posted by: byoolin | February 4, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Hey Britney,

Come to court. The Judge is taking away your kids.

"Nah, I can't make it past the paparazzi. Besides, I need to do some naked shopping."

Hey Britney,

Come to court. The Judge is giving all your money to your dad.

"What time should I be there?"

Now we know where her priorities lie.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | February 4, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

just thought this was a sad and nice thing:

Michelle Wiliams is speaking publicly for the first time since the tragic death of Heath Ledger.

The grieving actress' publicist released a statement on Friday. It reads:

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken. I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."

Posted by: Anonymous | February 4, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

I feel a little sorry for the Spice Girls. And I saw their new video...Geri Halliwell's abs are AMAZING and she loooves showing them off. Yow. Also, Matt Damon cracked my stuff up in that video with Silverman. There's apparently a running joke between him and Kimmel that stems from Damon getting bumped from Kimmel's show, and I saw the video on his show the other night.

Posted by: 23112 | February 4, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Sarah Silverman finally did something funny.

Posted by: Lisa1 | February 4, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Sarah Silverman finally did someone funny.

That Matt Damon is hilarious.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 4, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Okay, usually not a Sarah Silverman fan so I skipped the video...until I saw the comments.

Gotta agree - that was hilarious. But I thought Matt Damon as straight man was funnier ;)

Besides, if you want to see Sarah Silverman being funny, catch her on her Star Trek Voyager episode in reruns. Unintentionally hilarious...

Posted by: Chasmosaur | February 4, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I like cheese.

Posted by: byoolin | February 4, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Sarah was also very funny on the Larry Sanders Show.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | February 4, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I actually enjoyed a couple of the commercials. Special note to the ballons fight for the Coke.

The news about Eva Mendes comes as a surprise. Hope she gets better and stays sober.

The Sarah Silverman, Matt Damon bit continues to be funny.

Posted by: petal | February 4, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

I find Sarah Silverman so unfunny, and also, so ugly that I won't even watch what people say is funny.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 4, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I find Sarah Silverman so funny, and also, so hot that I will even watch what people say is not funny.

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | February 4, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

The Spice Girls headline gave me my second biggest laugh of the day.

The Madonna one gave me the real belly-buster. "Renewing vows" is second only to "tattoo of beloved's name" in predicting a split. The clock's ticking...

Posted by: jaybbub | February 4, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

RIP, Madonna and Guy Ritchie. With the exception of Celine Dion, who is apparently still married, renewing the marriage vows is indeed a sure sign the marriage is on its last gasp. Especially when they feel the need to announce it so far in advance.

Posted by: Californian | February 4, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I had to go home for lunch in order to watch the SS video and all I can say is...Oh. My. God. That was so effing funny, I emailed it to about 20 people.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 4, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

N. Sarkozy needs to write a letter to Carolyn Hax, for help in figuring out why he jumps from woman to woman. The ink is still wet on his divorce from the last actressmodel.

Posted by: e | February 4, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Okay, can we all agree that "burgled" is the funniest word in the English language?

Posted by: Stef | February 4, 2008 7:28 PM | Report abuse