Posted at 7:15 AM ET, 02/20/2008

Morning Mix: Clooney Immortalized in Jelly Beans

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: George Clooney immortalized in jelly beans... Nicole Kidman (who wears see-through dresses) says her latest movie is for her kids... Dinah Lohan says Lindsay's nude photo shoot was "tastefully done"... Martha Stewart buys out Emeril Lagasse's franchise... Kirstie Alley plans to launch her own weight-loss brand... OutKast's Andre 3000 launches his own clothing line... Marky Ramone promotes safe sex kits... Owen Wilson returning to work in "Marley & Me"... Beyonce to play Etta James in new movie... Ted Danson, Ed Begley Jr. among greenest celebs... Pink and husband Carey Hart split... Look out, here comes season three of "I Love New York"... Actor Sean Bean marries in London... Brad Renfro's girlfriend tried CPR... Vegas man mistakes Madonna for Marilyn Monroe... Mark and Donnie Wahlberg bury father in Boston.

Spears Watch: Brit fails to regain right to visit sons... Lawyer says K-Fed wants Brit back in sons' lives.

Rumor Mill: Nicolas Cage investigated for tax return irregularities... Pregnant Jennifer Lopez checks into hospital, says Page Six... Lisa Marie Presley expecting (fourth item).

By Liz Kelly  | February 20, 2008; 7:15 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Lohan Bares All for Magazine Spread
Next: Celebritology 101: Star-Crossed Sex Tapes

Comments

I'd love to see Daniel Day Lewis in some Disney concoction. If it was good enough for Bette Davis...

Posted by: Mike | February 20, 2008 8:30 AM | Report abuse

I thought you were going to say you'd like to see Daniel Day Lewis immortalized in jelly beans... or gummy bears.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | February 20, 2008 8:56 AM | Report abuse

About that Madonna/Marilyn mixup:

"[Lawrence] Nicastro and his wife, Phyllis, said they had spent about four months researching the origin of the photograph and called in Chris Harris, a publicist and Monroe expert, for help authenticating it.

"Harris said it was a dead ringer for Monroe and scheduled a Wednesday news conference to unveil the image to reporters."

Someone should tell Mr. Nicastro that spending four months gratifying oneself while looking at nudie pictures is not the same thing as 'research'.

And Mr. Harris might wish to delete 'Monroe expert' from his resumé.

Posted by: byoolin | February 20, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

I like Beyonce and all but she can't play Etta James. Why do they keeep giving her roles, why? I just know she's gonna mess it up.

Posted by: petal | February 20, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Mmmmm Clooney Beans....

Posted by: DJ | February 20, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

You know, I finally looked at the LiLo pics last night. Umm...I kinda liked 'em.

Posted by: 23112 | February 20, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

The Lisa Marie link is the Pink/Hart story...

Posted by: DLC1220 | February 20, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

I saw the Lohan pics last night too...the first thing I thought was, at least no one will say those breasts are fake. Then I read the posts on Celebritology! She may be skinny and lacking junk in the trunk, but those tatas looked real to me.
Re: the art quality of the photos...some were better than others, but overall she's a pretty pale imitation of the real thing.

Posted by: methinks | February 20, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Pink is single? YAY!

I'll give her many beautiful children.

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | February 20, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

The Lisa Marie link is the Pink/Hart story...

Posted by: DLC1220 | February 20, 2008 09:18 AM

DLC1220, keep reading, its there

Posted by: Anonymous | February 20, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

When will the torture that is "I Love New York" end. I can drop VH-1 from cable bundle

Posted by: Lisa1 | February 20, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

At least once Beyonce stinks up the joint trying to play Etta James people will finally stop giving her lead roles in movies. This could be Beyonce's 'Glitter': Like Mariah she can sing (well, she ain't no Mariah in that dept); like Mariah she can't act. I sense a trainwreck ahead!

Posted by: ?? | February 20, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

DLC1220: The Lisa Marie story is the 4th item down as Liz indicated.

Posted by: KLM | February 20, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

"Beyonce to play Etta James in new movie..."

Noooooooooooooo!

Why oh why do they keep putting her in movies? Funny enough I said the same thing about Janet Jackson after watching "Why Did I Get Married". Is there such a dearth of black actresses that Hollywood actually thinks Beyonce is the best they can get?

Posted by: millie | February 20, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: millie

*****

Nope, but the thinking is that Beyonce will increase ticket sales...and since money is much preferable to artistic endeavor, Beyonce it is! I think Jennifer Hudson would be a much better choice for Etta James.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 20, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

To paraphrase that guy in that debate with that other guy, I know Etta James, I have several of her CDs, Beyonce is no Etta James. Jennifer Hudson would have been a better choice, she has a much stronger voice.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 20, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I have great affection for George Clooney.

That said...the jelly bean portrait of him is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. Why does he look like Ronald Reagan?

Posted by: 51 | February 20, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Did you see the typo in the Nicole story? "[she] will resent an Oscar..." I'm sure she will! hahaha.

Posted by: Grimm | February 20, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

"Dinah Lohan says Lindsay's nude photo shoot was 'tastefully done'."

Dinah Lohan wouldn't know tasteful if she tripped over it, on her way to the ladies. She is, after all, her daughter's mother.

Posted by: MisterBear | February 20, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

I still say they're fake. Because, like she never had them before rehab.

Posted by: possum | February 20, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

I think the jelly bean portrait resembles George Clooney in the same way a paint by numbers picture of a pony vaguely resembles a four-legged mammal.

Posted by: jes | February 20, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Most likely they are fake. Like the whole spread hasn't been airbrushed.

Posted by: jENNY | February 20, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

At least Larry Nicastro didn't mistake LiLo for Marilyn.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | February 20, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Nah, possum, she had them way before rehab -- there are enough google-able pics of ample side-boobage that are pre-rehab to support that argument. Plus the way they hang either means she had the world's greatest platic surgeon or a real growth spurt abou tthe time she was 17, which isn't all that uncommon.

Posted by: Naahh | February 20, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

I feel like I've been reading about LiLo's boobies for two days! Wait, I have been reading about them for two days...

Posted by: kvs | February 20, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

kvs has my vote for comment of the week.

Posted by: omni | February 20, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

None of the foregoing is important. Sean Bean (Sharpe! Who is this Boromir of which you speak?) has once again escaped my clutches. Curses.

Posted by: Seen Been Fan | February 20, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Beyonce's skull is literally going to explode from the ever-increasing size of her ego. Blech. I hope she fades away into oblivion by the time 2010 comes round.

Posted by: CLH | February 20, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Just viewed the Clooney Jelly Belly pic, and man it sure does look like Ronald Reagan. Wasn't he the prez. who ate a lot of Jelly Bellies? Coincidence? What exactly are these freaky, Rightie Jelly Belly people playing at?!! I want answers!

Posted by: possum | February 20, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kvs | February 20, 2008 12:51 PM
----------------------------------------

i'm simply excited to hear that kvs has been reading for two days! no child left behind...

Posted by: cee_jay | February 20, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm truly astounded at the level of knowledge on boobs in this blog. Side boobage, the way they hang, thorough analysis of placement, size, and hangage -- who knew people studied boobs so thoroughly?

Posted by: Californian | February 20, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Haven't hung out with too many guys, eh, Californian?

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | February 20, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Since we're on boobs, I have a funny story about my first mammogram last month. My pictures had to be redone because "the ladies" were too big (and real) to fit on the plate. Eat your hearts little booby women!!! I'm staying anonymous for obvious reasons.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 20, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

On the contrary, Pompous Magnus -- I knew they love 'em, I just didn't know they knew SO much about 'em other than that they love 'em! Heh.

Posted by: Californian | February 20, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

By encouraging her daughter to pose for naked pictures -- and then talking about it ad nauseam -- clearly Dinah Lohan is doing her best to steal that "Best Mother" title away from Lynne Spears.

Posted by: oh brother | February 20, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

More boobies!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | February 20, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

the "boobs" talk reminds me of a wonderful New Yorker cartoon in which a woman in a low cut dress says to a man, "this is a breast. You are a boob."

Posted by: methinks | February 20, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

"Most likely they are fake. Like the whole spread hasn't been airbrushed."

Man, they spent too much time airbrushing her arms and breasts, and not enough on those bags around her eyes. She looked like she was at least 40. And that first baby pose shot...Marilyn's hid her ass/thigh, and it looked WAYYYY better.

It would have been a better shoot if she had just tried to honor Marilyn instead of imitate her. That was the best wig they could get? If she had just acted as herself, and paid homage to the originals, it would have looked more tasteful and classy, instead of a cheap, tourist-trap knockoff.

Posted by: Centava | February 20, 2008 10:04 PM | Report abuse

"Sean Bean Fan, I think Sean Bean has a little problem with abusing women. And the arrests to prove it. Not that that ever stops women in denial from marrying these kind of men."

Whatwhat? I knew about an arrest about 30 years ago, when he got into a fight at a party while at RADA. But as big as he is in Britain, wouldn't there be more gossip and police blotter stories and screaming headlines in The Sun if he really was an abuser?

Posted by: DC | February 21, 2008 8:49 AM | Report abuse