Posted at 8:06 AM ET, 02/25/2008

Morning Mix: Jolie Shows Off Baby Bump

By Liz Kelly

Angelina Jolie, complete with newly-revealed baby bump, and Brad Pitt arrive at Saturday evening's Spirit Awards. (Getty Images)

Academy Awards: "No Country for Old Men" tops Oscars.... Inside Elton John's post-show bash... Sean Penn squires supermodel Petra Nemcova to after parties... Winners | Full Coverage

Headlines: Angelina Jolie shows off definite baby bump at Spirit Awards... "Juno" named year's best independent film... Lindsay Lohan's "I Know Who Killed Me" wins Razzie for worst movie... Rihanna trying to help leukemia patient find bone marrow donor... Mike Tyson wants Jamie Foxx to play him on big screen... Will Smith wins damages over Hitler claim... Jimmy Kimmel totally annihilates Sarah Silverman in his NSFW response video.

Crime Watch: Ne-Yo arrested for reckless driving.

Spears Watch: Judge allows Brit to visit sons.

Rumor Mill: Rehabbed Amy Winehouse trashes London hotel room... Christina Aguilera peeved over cool reception of baby pix?

Say What?
"I just need a cigarette." -- A self-described "nervous" Katherine Heigl following her moment on the Academy Awards stage

By Liz Kelly  | February 25, 2008; 8:06 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analyses: Eggtown
Next: Red Carpet, Red Faces: Last Night's Biggest Losers

Comments

Everyone sleeping in today??

Posted by: WDC 21113 | February 25, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Wow, I just saw the clip of Gary Busey mugging Jennifer Garner. Understandably, she clearly did not like him...I bet he went for a peck on the cheek (which...ick) and missed, but I loved how she recovered. She and Laura Linney were so cute together. I wish I could have heard the rest of that conversation.

Posted by: 23112 | February 25, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

I repeated last year's Oscar comment to my husband last night:

I want to be Helen Mirren when I grow up.

She manages to be the best looking woman on the red carpet, with the perfect amount of poise and confidence. Her clothes are lovely and her hair and makeup are fabulous. If that's what 62 looks like, sign me up....

Perhaps Katharine Heigl should take note - young and fresh and pretty as she is, Helen Mirren out-classed her every step of the way. Get some confidence...or at least *act* like you have some...

Posted by: Chasmosaur | February 25, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

that video was hi-f*ing-larious.

Posted by: rachelt | February 25, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

So there I was, up last night at 1 am, in a sleep deprived, sinus headache, stuffy nose, trying not to end up like Heath Ledger daze...(now I know why people are driven to taking handfuls of pills when they're sick...)
and I switched on Jimmy Kimmel.

Haven't laughed that hard in months. It was funny...then when he started parodying "We Are the World" it was hilarious...or so I thought...then came Josh Groban and I near peed my pjs!

He slaughtered Sarah Silverman.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | February 25, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Helen Mirren, did look lovely indeed and Javier, dear me. I think I've found a new love.

On the downside was Tilda. At this point I am willing to pay to get here a stylist.

Congrats to the Pitt-Jolie clan.

Posted by: petal | February 25, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

I was up last night and got into work late. John Stewart gets cool points when he brought the songwriter out to say her thank-you because they cut her off.

-Helen Mirren is the Queen of Hollywood

-I hate to say this for she's so annoying, but Katherine Heigel looked nice.

-Gary Busey..WTF?

Posted by: Lisa1 | February 25, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Katherine Heigl did look nice but I was a little perplexed by her nervousness while presenting. Assuming she actually was nervous (and given that she is a relatively experienced actor, I question whether she was so nervous), couldn't she have just "acted" less nervous?

Posted by: still | February 25, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Katherine Heigl seemed quite poised -- if she hadn't done that whole nervousness speech, I would never have guessed.

I heart Tilda Swinton, regardless of what she's wearing. Nice to see natural, real women in Hollywood ... and on that note, I heart heart heart Helen Mirren. Love that she looks sexy and fabulous yet still age-appropriate.

Jon Stewart inviting the nominee who was cut off back to give her acceptance speech was very classy. Loved that.

I also loved his quip about "the baby goes to ... Angelina Jolie. She isn't here ... tough to get 17 babysitters on Oscar night." Heh heh.

Posted by: Californian | February 25, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Why are some of the posts gone?

Posted by: Anonymous | February 25, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Just once, I'd like to see some A-list female celeb show up at one of these awards events wearing a prosthetic "baby bump" under her dress. Make her look about 8 months along, design her dress accordingly, teach her to walk like a woman with child, and just watch the gossip fly! Then, after being the talk of the red carpet, she should remove the strap-on bump before going to the after parties. It would drive the media completely nuts!

Posted by: MisterBear | February 25, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Angie and Brad are having a boy, I bet. (low bump)

Posted by: RiesJN | February 25, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

someone tell his plaid pants look awful..ugh.

Posted by: no_bs_4me | February 25, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

More love for Helen Mirren: absolutely the most fab dress/hair/everything of last night.

Was totally nauseated by Katharine Heigl's "I'm so nervous" shtick. It's not about you, dearie. You're the least famous person up there and should fall on your knees with gratitude that you're invited to be on the same stage as people with real acting talent.

Posted by: Snarky Squirrel | February 25, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Love the Kimmel video. Maybe not fair to say he slaughtered Sarah though. It's easier to spoof the idea than have the idea. Awesome on all parts though. Totally loved the unexpected indulgence of my guilty pleasure Josh Groban "thing."

Posted by: Sigh | February 25, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

How far along does she look?

Posted by: Anonymous | February 25, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Far enough along that for the next umpteen months, we will be inundated with Jolie baby bump watch, what country will it be born in, how many more kids will be added to the brood, will it be twins, blah blah blah ad nauseum. Remember the colossal hoopla over Shiloh? Enough already!

Posted by: Enough of Jolie | February 25, 2008 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Way to go for Jimmy Kimmel to kick it up into the stratosphere as a response to Sarah's video. Gotto love 'em both. The writers' strike sure brought out the creativity of the hosts, didn't it?

Posted by: LLL | February 26, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse