Posted at 7:59 AM ET, 02/28/2008

Morning Mix: Nicole Richie Shows Off Baby Harlow

By Liz Kelly

Rolling Stone Ron Wood stands next to his painting 'A Study of Carlos and Darcey Rehearsing' at the Royal Academy of Arts in London. (Getty Images)

Headlines: Nicole Richie shows off baby Harlow... Offers already lining up for Jay Leno's post-"Tonight Show" gig... Tyra Banks and Ashton Kutcher team up for reality show... Rapper Eminem penning memoir for fall release... Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen to release coffee table book... Lil' Jon, winemaker... Jessica Simpson to perform for troops in Kuwait... Michael Jackson may keep Neverland after all... Organizers hope to honor Mr. Rogers with March 20th "Sweater Day."

Crime Watch: Amy Winehouse wants to postpone Norwegian drug case hearing... Katey Sagal testifies in John Ritter wrongful death trial... Boy George denies he chained male escort to a wall.

Spears Watch: LAPD investigating claims that Brit was drugged by Sam Lutfi... Despite judge's ruling, attorney vows to continue to represent Brit... Adnan Ghalib reportedly telling pals Brit's carrying his baby... Spears flummoxes staff at Betsey Johnson store.

Rumor Mill: Rep says pregnant Nicole Kidman did not drink at Oscars... Another unnamed rep says Katie Holmes is not pregnant (so it's okay with us if she drinks lots of wine)... Ashlee Simpson says she's not pregnant, either (and, yes, she's old enough to drink wine)... Jennifer Aniston snubs George Clooney at Oscar party... "Juno" star Ellen Page dating Frankie Muniz?

Say What?
"I want to squish you, squeeze your head off and dangle you from my rear-view mirror." -- Paula Abdul following "Idol" contestant David Archuleta's rendition of John Lennon's "Imagine"

Chat Day: Join me live online at 2 p.m. ET for this week's hour of celebrity smack-talking.

'Lost' Night: Then, join Jen Chaney and me at 8:30 p.m. ET for this week's live 'Lost' chat forum thingamabob.

By Liz Kelly  | February 28, 2008; 7:59 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Catching Up With Jane Fonda
Next: Quick, Christina Ricci, Save Yourself!

Comments

Li'l Jon wine reminds me of that episode of "30 Rock" where Alec Baldwin started Donnaghey Vineyards.

Wine Spectator reviewed it as, "like drinking Satan's urine after a hearty helping of asparagus."

I anticipate a similar reception for the good King of Crunk's vintage.

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | February 28, 2008 8:34 AM | Report abuse

I read that as "Nicole Ritchie shows off baby Harlot"

that's much funnier.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 28, 2008 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin | February 28, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

If we really supported our troops, we would keep Jessica Simpson away from them.

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | February 28, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

That's all well and good, but what does Paula want to do with the head?

Posted by: byoolin | February 28, 2008 8:58 AM | Report abuse

I think Gene Weingarten's book of dying dogs will look better on the coffee table than the Olsen Twins' inspirations. Thanks, Brit - its been boring without you in the morning mix.

Posted by: Kris | February 28, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Hey Liz - that's not fair. You don't put up a picture of Ron Wood, in a disheveled tux, with a caption saying he's in front of *his* work at the Royal Academy of Arts without a link!

Posted by: Chasmosaur | February 28, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

byoolin - my thoughts exactly! I clicked on the blog link and "Gaaaaahhh!!! She gave birth to a corpse!!!"

Posted by: m.a.t. | February 28, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I thought homeless people were the Mary-Kate and Ashley true inspiration.

Though Christina is talented one, I would buy People for the Nicole and baby story.

Posted by: Lisa1 | February 28, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Liz,

With images of people like Ron Wood, Carrot Top and others can you post an alert or something. Colin Firth is fine without any notice Gerard Butler too but ummmm... I think there should be a warning where Mr Wood is concerned. Just saying.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 28, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

I doubt Mary Kate Olson could even lift a coffee table book, much less write one.

Posted by: Grimm | February 28, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Will some one please clue me in. Why are "The Olsens" famous? I mean, what have they done lately except wear tattered clothes and go to Starbucks?

Posted by: possum | February 28, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Any chance we could get lucky and Jess stays in Kuwait?

Posted by: kw | February 28, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Geez, Ron Wood looks like he's had a really hard life. Not thing you want to see on the blog in the morning. Or ever really.

I wonder if Xtina will start a feud with Nicole if Harlow outsells Max?

Oh dear, it seems that Paula is on that pills, alcohol and powdered substance mix again.

Posted by: petal | February 28, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Eminem's publisher might want to reconsider titling the memoir, "The Way I Was." He hasn't released any new music since 2004, and besides that, who cares what he has to say? Call it a career already, Marshall.

Posted by: HoCo | February 28, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

You know, that Aniston-Clooney item is most interesting because another magazine reported it exactly the opposite way. I saw another blog yesterday that said the different gossip rags essentially played madlibs with names, places, dates, and snubs from the past week.

Posted by: 23112 | February 28, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

I doubt Aniston snubbed Clooney. I mean why would she or anyone else do that?

Posted by: Irishgirl | February 28, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

m.a.t.: "Gaaaaahhh!!!" - that was *exactly* the word I was looking for, but couldn't think of. Thank you!

Posted by: byoolin | February 28, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

The Trolsen girls should hold onto that coffee table book for a few more weeks, it's the only thing keeping them from blowing away in a stiff wind.

Posted by: jes | February 28, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Poor Jen. She is probably upset because now that Angie is pregnant again, that means Brad and Angie have had sex twice.

Posted by: possum | February 28, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Why on Earth would anyone "loan" Michael Jackson $24M? He's not paying any of his bills, so there would be no expectation of repayment.

Posted by: jlr | February 28, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

i was out of the loop for a while so perhaps there's already been discussion about the black and white dress katie holmes is wearing in the US mag link?
it looks like a checkered tablecloth she wrapped around her and slung over her shoulder. and what gives with her hair? she's really too far gone, isn't she? i mean, it's too late. she drank the kool-aid.

re: paula abdul's comments...huh? i couldn't tell from what she'd said whether she liked or loathed the performance...(not that she ever loathes a performance.) she's just bat guano nuts.

Posted by: methinks | February 28, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

methinks, in 'Paula speak' the word squish is used to denote someone Paula thinks is cute & lovable. Whether one should think that is a compliment is entirely open to debate.

Posted by: jes | February 28, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

I sincerely hope that Britney is NOT with child again. Many of the meds for her suspected condition are too heavy duty to take while pregnant.

Posted by: OB | February 28, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

What, no "Frankie Muniz is the cheese to Ellen Page's macaroni" jokes?

I'm so disappointed.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 28, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

if there are any mets fans out there in celebritology-land, don't you think frankie muniz is a dead ringer for david wright? they look like twins.

jes: thanks for the interpretation of paula-speak but why did she want to squeeze his head off and hang him from her rear view mirror? that seems to defy all translation.

Posted by: methinks | February 28, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

If Jessica Simpson wants to support the troops why not go and entertain the opposition.

Caveat: the above may be illegal under some strategic arms treaties.

Posted by: Mike | February 28, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Mike, you get my vote for comment of the week!

Posted by: still | February 28, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

"Any chance we could get lucky and Jess stays in Kuwait? "

Don't they hate us enough already?

"When the headline says "Nicole Ritchie shows off baby Harlow" and the face immediately below it is Ron Wood's, it's very difficult *not* to think, 'Oooo, UGLY BABY.'"

Heh. Have you seen Nicole and her baby-daddy? Harlow may end up looking like Ron one day. Not only is Nicole weird looking but I swear at one point she made the Olson twins look obese.

At least Ron Wood has age, hard living, and years of close proximity to Mick and Keith to explain his looks. What's the explination for this?: http://entertainment.msn.com/celebs/celeb.aspx?c=583138

Posted by: hangin in herndon | February 28, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

The cheese to what? Must be something from the movie...

Just what we need, yet more Spears spawn. Isn't 3, or soon to be 3, enough? Ugh. Stop poluting the gene pool, please.

Isn't nailing Britney at this point kinda like nailing Paris, why bother?

Posted by: EricS | February 28, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Sorry methinks, I had to stop at squish because the rest of the mental image was too disturbing. I for one, have never wanted a headless cadaver hanging from any part of my car.

Posted by: jes | February 28, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Y'know, Ron Wood may look like an animated corpse, but I'd love to see a better shot of the painting. From what I can see, that's pretty danged good for a Rolling Stones survivor!

Posted by: OrganicGal | February 28, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

"Isn't nailing Britney at this point kinda like nailing Paris, why bother?"

The guy who'd nail either of them is like the carpenter who leaves his hammer out in the rain: someone who mistreats his tool.

Posted by: byoolin | February 28, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I can't help loving what Jennifer Aniston did. Good girl.

byoolin has my vote for comment of the week!! :-)

Posted by: Californian | February 28, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

byoolin has my vote for comment of the week!! :-)

Posted by: Californian | February 28, 2008 01:44 PM

I agree, but which one?

Posted by: jes | February 28, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

byoolin has my vote for comment of the week!! :-)

Posted by: Californian | February 28, 2008 01:44 PM

I agree, but which one?

Posted by: jes | February 28, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

cr*p, I double posted...

Posted by: jes | February 28, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

to Californian: so being deliberately rude to someone who comes over to say hello just because he is friends with someone you do not like is admirable? Maybe in 5th grade, but in Adult World what she did makes her look like a childish idiot with no manners.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 28, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Missed the chat, but I wanted to add my $.02. What is the big deal with hair extensions? Black women have been wearing what we call "weaves" for years. I remember girls having "weaves" back in high school and that's more than 20 years ago. Full disclosure, I've never worn hair not grown out of my own head, but I had "good" hair.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 28, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

I didn't say I admired it, anonymous, I said I loved it. It's funny. Immature? Sure, but still funny. How many people can really say they'd take the high road if they met up with a friend of their former spouse, when said spouse left them for a certifiably insane duplicitous harlot?

Oh, that "duplicitous harlot" phrase just never gets old.

jes, this is the comment I thought was great:

"Isn't nailing Britney at this point kinda like nailing Paris, why bother?"

Posted by: Californian | February 28, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

"Oh, that "duplicitous harlot" phrase just never gets old."

I thought it outlived its usefulness sometimes in the 50's, myself.

Besides, it's been posted other places that the incident didn't happen.

Posted by: hangin in herndon | February 28, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Californian: I can say I would take the high road because I have numerous times, and ended up friends with several people who remain friends with the ex. Why deprive myself of good company? Being bitter and nasty long after the fact just puts your ex in charge of your life and who you are friends with and makes you look like an idiot. Move on. Seriously not worth the energy to keep up the nastiness. Just grow up, Aniston.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 28, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Oh lighten up, 4:22.
I, for one, like my celebrities immature and petty.

Posted by: still | February 28, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I just think she is a moron for turning down an opportunity to be near George Clooney. That is like saying "no thanks, I want to return the pony".

Posted by: Anonymous | February 28, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Californian, I think that may have been my favorite too but byoolin has such a wonderful way with words it's sometimes hard to choose!

Posted by: jes | February 28, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Totally. If Liz ever needs a guest columnist when she's on vacation, I nominate byoolin. :-)

Posted by: Californian | February 28, 2008 7:11 PM | Report abuse