Posted at 7:57 AM ET, 02/27/2008

Morning Mix: Pam Anderson Seeks Annulment

By Liz Kelly

A secret for Pete Wentz and girlfriend Ashlee Simpson? See today's Rumor Mill. (Getty Images)

Headlines: Pam Anderson seeks annulment from Rick Salomon... Jennifer Lopez takes twins home... Oscar producer apologizes to Whoopi Goldberg for omission... Madonna to release new album, "Hard Candy," in April... Naomi Campbell hospitalized in Brazil for cyst removal... Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch set for public auction... Eric Clapton to play North Korea.

Crime Watch: Mischa Barton charged with DUI, pot possession... Bobby Brown agrees to community service in drug possession case... Judge says photographer hounded Nicole Kidman.

Spears Watch: Brit's case denied move to federal court.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan not welcome at Prince's Oscar bash... People magazine paying $1 million for pix of Nicole Richie's baby (second item)... Marc Anthony's first wife plans tell-all book... Rihanna and Chris Brown secretly dating?... Blogger Perez Hilton to get his own record label... Ashlee Simpson engaged and pregnant, says British tabloid... Amy Winehouse launching line of clothing and make-up.

By Liz Kelly  | February 27, 2008; 7:57 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tuesday List: Joking With the Stars
Next: Catching Up With Jane Fonda

Comments

I really hope if the Winehouse rumor is true that she just is putting her name on the clothes and makeup but really has no artistic input. Or else, yikes!

And Eric Clapton isn't really going to play N. Korea, he was just invited. And that is definitely an invite that will be turned down! Do they realize who they are inviting, anyways? Shouldn't they have invited someone like Michael Buble to sing the "classics"?

Posted by: I won't be buying | February 27, 2008 8:38 AM | Report abuse

I hope anyone who buys Neverland Ranch has a large supply of Lysol.

Posted by: michael | February 27, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

I do love me some Amy Winehouse, but she is not known for her style...at least not in a good way.

Also I think its safe to say Clapton will decline the invitation to perform in a country that denies its citizens basic human rights.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

What wrong with Eric Clapton? I would rather see Clapton than Michael Boule.

Posted by: Lisa1 | February 27, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

If Pam and Rick can't make a marriage work there's no hope for me.

There's a joke about Madonna's appearance and the album name but I just can't come up with anything that would do it justice.

"Blogger Perez Hilton to get his own record label" Ummmmmmmm....... why?

Congrats to Ashlee and Pete because if any group would get it right the British tabloid would be the ones. By the by, is she doing anything with her life other than being a less skanky Paris?

Posted by: petal | February 27, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Actually, I think the Clapton people said that they are looking at dates in 2009.

FWIW, James Taylor, Bonnie Raitt, the Doobie Brothers and Santana played Moscow in 1987. BSO played Moscow in the 1960s, as did the NY Philharmonic.

Music diplomacy is a good thing. Why wouldn't Clapton do it?

Posted by: AH | February 27, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

I heart Michael Buble (sigh).

I hope Pete knows what he's in for with Ashlee's Pimp/Dad.

Posted by: PGM | February 27, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Ashlee's promoting something -- CD maybe? She was just up on Long Island at a (gasp) Wal-Mart.

Billy Joel also played in the USSR...He's got an album from that concert.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | February 27, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Just to clarify, I agree that Eric Clapton is an amazing musician and anyone would be honored to see him perform. I just didn't think Kim Jon Il, who has isolated his country and citizens for years and years due to fears of western influence, would choose Eric Clapton (singer of Cocaine) as his country's first foray into modern "outside" rock or blues music. Gershwin and Dvorak performed by the Philharmonic seemed a safe way to go. But if Eric does perform and good comes of all this, then more power to Mr. Clapton.

Posted by: I won't be buying | February 27, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Red bra, white undershirt, ratty wig and self-inflicted scratches. Heck, why would I buy Amy's brand when I can do that on my own?!

Posted by: possum | February 27, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

According to NPR, Dear Leader, Kim Jun Il, is a huge Clapton fan, even though rock music isn't allowed in North Korea.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Who exactly would Perez Hilton have on his label -- wannabe starlets who think they can sing (but cannot to save their life)?

Exactly what fraud could Pamela Anderson be claiming to annul her marriage? I didn't know what a skank he was?

Posted by: ep | February 27, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I am not a lawyer, but that's what Google is for, right? Anyway, a quick Google brought me these little tidbits on "Annulment Based on Fraud." Here are some of the reasons why an annulment, which means the marriage never legally existed, would be sought:

-You and your spouse are close biological relatives(parent and child, parent and stepchild, aunt and nephew, uncle and niece, or grandparent and grandchild.) Not likely here.

-One of the spouses did not have the mental capacity to enter into a marriage contractdue to a mental disability, temporary or permanent, or from intoxication. (This was how Britney got out of her first marriage. But you must end it as soon as you realize the fraud occurred. So if it's the case, it's because Pam's guy has a disorder she just discovered--or he discovered hers!)

-One of the spouses was below the legal age to consent to marriage. (They're both 40)

-You or your spouse entered into the marriage as a result of threat, force or duress. (She could have used this had Borat been successful in his pursuit!)

-You or your spouse were fraudulently induced into entering the marriage. Fraud may include the concealment of an important fact, such as permanent impotence or sterility, a criminal history, or infection with a sexually transmitted disease. (Hmmm....I think we may have a winner!)

-Your spouse was married to another living person at the time of the marriage. (I don't think this is the case...but...)

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | February 27, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

MoCoSnarky, you rock! Thanks for the quick annulment explainer. If only they *were* close biological relatives.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | February 27, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Actually, Perez Hilton usually highlights little-known and interesting artists on his page. As the article points out, how that translates to A&R isn't clear, but I've always liked that about his page. Not that I read it...

Posted by: Sigh | February 27, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Re the Anderson/Solomon annulment, I seem to recall that the story of them getting married was something about her losing a bet during a poker game (as in if she loses she'll marry him). I wonder if she's suggesting that this is a sufficient basis for a claim of threat/force/duress?? Although, the STD is probably the more likely story.
Good job, MoCoSnarky!

Posted by: still | February 27, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Remember back in the day when Renee Zellweiger (sp?) married, umm, one of those skinny country music singer guys? Wasn't their marriage annulled for fraud? No one ever figured out which kind though, right?

Posted by: e | February 27, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

I think that the New York Symphony Orchestra (or whatever it's called) just played in North Korea, so maybe Crazy Leader is getting bored with his in-house selection of live entertainment and has decided to outsource. I don't know whether that's good or bad, so I'll just rent Team America: World Police and watch the "I'm So Ronrey" scene a few times to get my head straight.

Posted by: 23112 | February 27, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I think Ashlee Simpson looks hot with dark hair. I wish she would stop dyeing her hair in an attempt to look like her big sis.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Citing 'fraud' as a reason for an annulment is like citing 'irreconcilable differences' for divorce. It's the most commonly cited reason (because, really, on that list what other one could you possibly use? "Uh, I didn't know he was my brother when I married him."). It doesn't mean that there actually was any of what we think of as fraud, just that the person doesn't want to go through a divorce and so decided to try for an annulment.

The story I read about Pam and Rick was that she'd run up a gambling tab and he offered to pay it for her if she'd sleep with him. Unable to resist such charm and class, she accepted but somewhere along the way the crazy kids fell in lurve, and lived happily ever....uh, never mind.

Posted by: Wikijen | February 27, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Renee married Kenny Chesney. Their marriage was annulled based on fraud. I seem to remember something that she wanted children but he didn't.. ???

Posted by: I remember... | February 27, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

There's gotta be something better to read... like TV Guide?

Posted by: byoolin | February 27, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

"You or your spouse were fraudulently induced into entering the marriage. Fraud may include the concealment of an important fact, such as permanent impotence or sterility, a criminal history, or infection with a sexually transmitted disease. (Hmmm....I think we may have a winner!)"

No, Pam having hepititis is rather well known so unless HE has something that ain't it. Since it's also rather well known that Rick Solomon slept with Paris Hilton...well...would it be a surprise if HE turned up with the STD?

"Is it just me, or does the phrase "Marc Anthony's first wife plans tell-all book" generate about the same amount of interest as the phrase "byoolin's wife plans tell-all book"?"

I dunno byoolin; you have a pretty cool and twisted sense of humor online here, you could be really fun at home! I'd at least read the Cliff Notes version ;)

Posted by: hangin in herndon | February 27, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I thought of a reason to read about Marc Anthony: maybe his wife will tell us why he looks like the Undead.

Posted by: hangin in herndon | February 27, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Marc Anthony = Skeletor

Posted by: still | February 27, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Good news for Borat!

Posted by: spidey103 | February 27, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I hear you, hangin in herndon, I would rather read about byoolin than Marc Anthony or J. Lo for that matter.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

I'd read a tell all about byoolin. For the same reason listed by hangin in herndon.

Posted by: petal | February 27, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

I hardly know where to start. Who the *&^% would take clothing or makeup advice from the world's dirtiest celebrity? Let's just hope crazy Amy's new "line" doesn't include those disgusting ballet shoes. And what's with every celeb thinking they can launch clothing lines?

Does Ashlee Simpson ever have an expression?

Remind me again why anyone cares about Nicole Richie? Daughter of a singer and what else?

Fraud? Well, at least Pam's not claiming the marriage wasn't consummated. But she did get hepatitis from Tommy Lee, so shouldn't HE claim fraud for an STD? Oh wait, he slept with skank Hilton and she has herpes ... so it could go either way ...

I'd read Marc Anthony's ex's book for all the reasons above, PLUS the dirt about some big vow-renewal hooha followed in short order by being left for JLo.

Posted by: Californian | February 27, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Haah- I nearly spit lemonade through my nose when I read NYPost refer to Marc Anthony as Skeletor- funeee!

Posted by: plamar1031 | February 27, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

I love Dayanara Torres and I hope she can get her book out,sans lawsuit.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Amy can sing,but dang she's so messed up.

www.IGotUggs.com