Posted at 7:49 AM ET, 02/21/2008

Morning Mix: PETA Names Aretha Franklin 'Worst-Dressed' Celeb

By Liz Kelly

Amy Winehouse performs at Wednesday's Brit Awards in London. (Reuters)

Headlines: PETA crowns Aretha Franklin as worst-dressed celeb... Jessica Simpson tops box office (in the Ukraine)... Gene Simmons says legal team is looking into "leaked" sex tape... Kirstie Alley denies weight gain rumors... Britain's MI6 denies killing Princess Diana (well, duh)... Spice Girl Melanie Brown to cover "Dancing With the Stars" for "Access Hollywood"... Black Eyed Pea Will.i.am to make acting debut in "Wolverine"... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt developing video game... Actor Vincent D'Onofrio and wife welcome son... Pauly Shore countersues Wes Craven in property dispute... Omar Sharif ordered to pay more than $300K in damages to parking lot attendant.

Spears Watch: Judge postpones Brit's traffic case... LAPD spokesman says department is not investigating Sam Lutfi drugging allegations.

Rumor Mill: Jennifer Lopez may have $6 million dollar deal in place for first baby pix... Jessica Alba expecting twins, says source... Minnie Driver expecting a girl, says Page Six... Elizabeth Hurley accused of underpaying maid... Janet Jackson planning wedding to longtime boyfriend Jermaine Dupri?

Say What?
"I pray there are no parallels to her and Marilyn Monroe's destiny." -- Michael Lohan, who also says he won't look at topless pix of daughter Lindsay in New York magazine

"For decorations, we put up penis balloons all over the place -- blue and white." -- Christina Aguilera details decorations for her son Max's bris

Chat Day: Cancel that 2 p.m. meeting. Why? You'll be here, at your desk, chatting with me and the rest of the celeb-amused in this week's edition of Celebritology Live.

'Lost' Night: Fire up the laptop and the TV at 8:30 p.m. to join the weekly "Lost"-watching open forum chat fest (the link will magically appear here at the appointed time). Fellow "Lost" overanalyzer Jen Chaney and I will be on hand doing our best to make sense of this week's episode.

By Liz Kelly  | February 21, 2008; 7:49 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebritology 101: Star-Crossed Sex Tapes
Next: Highbrow: Lindsay Lohan's Bombshell Bid

Comments

Can I just say I'm excited for the Wolverine movie? I'm a dork, I know.

Posted by: PGM | February 21, 2008 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Pauly Shore alleged that Craven ... made improvements on his property that "changed the geology, topography and drainage,"

What kind of improvement does one make that could change the GEOLOGY??? What did he do? Move a butte in from Utah?

Chill Omar, chill.

penis balloons - you stay classy Christina!

Posted by: sunnydaze | February 21, 2008 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Who would have thunk, ex-con, Michael Lohan would be the BETTER parent.

X-tina, stop taking parenting advice from Dina Lohan

Posted by: millie | February 21, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

"Jessica Simpson tops box office (in the Ukraine)..."

Can we get her to move there?

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

PGM, you are not alone. I can't wait for the movie and I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

CNN has an item saying that some of the papparazzi following Britney are being arrested in a whole photog crackdown. Just an FYI.

Posted by: sjcpeach | February 21, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

'"The former Soviet nations have a sweet tooth for straight-up comedies," Conor Bresnan, editor in chief of Box Office Mojo International, tells PEOPLE.'

I know that when I think of the former Soviet nations, the first thing that comes to mind is how those people love to laugh and laugh and laugh.

And a good thing too: all the movie needs is 237 more weekends just like the one in the Ukraine and it will have recovered its $60M production costs and can start to show a profit.

Posted by: byoolin | February 21, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

If Heidi and Spencer's video game is on along the lines of her recent music video I 'll pass.

Wolverine movie, I am so there.

Christina, sweetie you really don't need to tell the world everything you do that you think is shocking. Mostly cause we don't care and well Brit does stuff that far outways penis balloons.

Posted by: petal | February 21, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa1 | February 21, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

It's smart of J. Ho to ink a deal to exploit her kids BEFORE they are born. With a mother as overrated and unattractive as she is, and a father that isn't even as good looking as my dog's breakfast, those poor kids are going to be FUGLY! People Magazine might not have agreed if they had taken a look at them first!

Posted by: ress | February 21, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Forget fur, forget the bra. All Aretha is askin' for is a little respect.

Posted by: byoolin | February 21, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

I've seen Wes Craven's movies, I would not get into a legal disputes with the guy.

Kirstie Alley has to deny weight gain rumors. Would you buy a weight loss plan from a fat chick? Well, her scientology buddies will, but would normal people?

Posted by: ep | February 21, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

"Forget fur, Aretha Franklin she needs a damn bra. There are strapless bras in her size available or she can them custom made for her. There is no excuse for all that sagging."

Comment of the week.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Amy is looking rather more robust than I remember in that picture. I guess rehab is helping her remember about that stuff called food?

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

For the love of god, NO MORE BOOB TALK!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Wolverine is my second husband. *sigh*

Posted by: other liz | February 21, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

speaking of boobs....

Back when Lilo did Mean Girls, there were rumors of her getting a boob job because she had pretty big boobs. Once she went all skeletal though she lost them, proving they were real. Now that she's starting to look a little healthy again I believe they are back, real and fantastic.

Posted by: bahston | February 21, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

boob boob boob boob boob boob

pony!

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Wait... wait.... Why is the news of the paparazzi arrest missing from the Spears Watch?!? It was on CNN last night. There were 50 -- that's right: five-oh -- photographers outside her hair salon. This is relevant information, no? She has her own section here, where her every move is Watched, but this somewhat sympathetic bit is left out? Could it be that this piece of news sheds some light on why ANYbody would go bananas? Fifty photographers?? And you gotta think that's just a normal day.

Posted by: fair and balanced | February 21, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Penis balloons at a child's party -- now that's classy!

Posted by: Melanie | February 21, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Jenny Craig could try hiring Aretha. Then maybe only 20 minks would have to die instead of 200.

Posted by: possum | February 21, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

actually Fox News, there were two separate incidents. One at Brit's hair salon and the other at a night club where Lilo was supposedly spotted, therefore not strictly "Spears Watch". Although I did love what Harvey Levin from TMZ claimed that the police should be more pro active and that his people would never do anything illegal. (not a direct quote, but close enough)

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Areatha has been dressing badly for decades. I saw her at the NAACP image awards and there's no abount of brain bleach that will remove the image from my brain. Please Aretha, for the love of 'insert diety here'; HIRE A STYLIST!!

I mean really, it has nothing to do with her weight. If you Google pics of her from the 60's you'll see that the woman has no fashion sense and nobody to tell her "Girl, don't leave the house in that!!"

Posted by: hangin in herndon | February 21, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

There _were_ fifty photographers waiting specifically for Britney outside of her hair salon. First arrest occurred then. That was reported. I'm not even counting the second incident.

The point is -- there is some indication that the obsessive "Spears Watching" is out of control, yet that's curiously not mentioned here.

Posted by: fair and balanced | February 21, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Spam, eggs, boobs and Spam.

Posted by: MisterBear | February 21, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

A bris? Christina's Jewsish? That's news to me.

La Winehouse isn't particularly more robust than anytime before, she's just wearing a bustier and/or a pushup.

Posted by: EricS | February 21, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Re: Winehouse - I think she *does* look a little better fed - Her face and arms look a little more filled out, it's not just her (dare I say it) BOOBS!

Anon at 10:32 - I am going to have some explaining to do when the IT guy gets here...

Posted by: sunnydaze | February 21, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Christina Aguilera's husband Jordan Bratman, is Jewish. Don't know if Christina herself has converted though.

Posted by: omni | February 21, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Judging from that pic of Crazy Amy, PETA might want to reconsider who is worst-dressed.

Re. Christina Aguilera: yuck, TMI, yuck, and what petal said.

Posted by: Californian | February 21, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

PETA had better watch their backs. Aretha might come and eat them.

Posted by: uh oh | February 21, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

If the Queen of Soul wants to wear her dog then so be it- enough already, the woman has the right- the dues and the money honey!

Posted by: edra | February 21, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm sorry, but penis shaped balloons at at bris kinda makes me giggle. It's not like the kid is old enough to care!

Posted by: tl | February 21, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Yeah I agree. The balloons are no big deal. For the first year, any baby parties are really for adults. Also, it was a bris! It all makes sense. It's funny!

Posted by: Sigh | February 21, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Why does the Post, or really anyone for that matter, care what PETA says about anybody? They're a bunch of dog-killing, terrorist-nurturing, blood-splattering, media-grubbing morons. Yes, I'm trying to see how many hyphenated words I can squeeze into one sentence.

Posted by: cleetus8 | February 21, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Please, does anyone know where you get penis balloons? I'd like to buy them for my son's rehearsal dinner.

Posted by: possum | February 21, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

The balloons are probably just the long ones so any party store carries them. When you blow them up they resemble, um...penises. I thought it was quite clever of X-Tina

Posted by: bean sprout | February 21, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse