Posted at 1:27 PM ET, 03/25/2008

'Lost' Madness: The Champion

By Jen Chaney

Desmond Hume is your constant.

He is also the champion of "Lost" Madness.

I had expected a very, very tight contest between Mr. Penny Widmore and Sayid Jarrah. But the final round of our island-based bracket ended with a landslide for Desmond, who easily won with 62.5 percent of the vote.

It's been an exciting two weeks of "Lost" Madness. (This is the part where you should start singing "One Shining Moment.") Some great players went down too early (Hurley). Some advanced farther than we ever expected (Jacob). But in the end, all of our contestants were winners. Okay, maybe not Nikki. Or Paulo.

It wasn't the NCAA tournament (no, it wasn't SUPPOSED to be seeded like the tourney), but hopefully "Lost" Madness provided an enjoyable diversion. Thanks for playing, brothas.

By Jen Chaney  | March 25, 2008; 1:27 PM ET
Categories:  Lost
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sarah Jessica Parker Revisited: When Maxim Attacks
Next: Morning Mix: Demi Moore Likes Leeches

Comments

I wanted the smoke monster to win!

Posted by: xtine | March 25, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

I HEART SAWYER 4 EVER

but Desmond is okay too....

Posted by: mango | March 25, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

How is it possible that the only sane person (albeit a torturer/assasin) lose? Ah, Sayid, to me, you've already won.

Posted by: BeachGirl | March 25, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Of course some great players went down too early, because they went against great players in the first round because Lost Madness was set up so stupidly.

Posted by: Chris | March 25, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Dammit. I personally went to three different computers to try and bump up Sayid's numbers. A) Sayid - original first season cast member, B) Intelligent, sensitive, strong, loyal, thinks on his feet, C) Has empathy for Danielle even though she kidnapped and tortured him, D) Sees beauty in Shannon even when she can't see it herself, E) Flat out SEXY.

I likes me my Desmond but loves me my Sayid.

Sayid was robbed.

Posted by: NW DC | March 25, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I really think Ben should have won. Sure he's evil (unless you subscribe to Jen's theory), but he's the most interesting character on the show. In every episode he shows himself to be more mysterious and conniving than we thought.

But I'll accept Desmond as winner. He's certainly one of the most interesting characters, especially after the Constant.

Posted by: julia | March 25, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

ah, des, I'd be your constant anyday.

is it just me or are sayid's eyes crossed?

Posted by: Anonymous | March 25, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Sayid is awesome, no question, but Desmond appears, based on the info we have at this point, to be central to whatever the heck is going on, given the Widmore connection and the fact that he's the only main character that we know to be time-traveling (so far). That's why I voted for him. Maybe in the future we'll find out that Sayid is more important in the post-island story, in his role as Ben's assassin, but we don't know that yet.

Posted by: jane | March 25, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Ahhh, victory is sweeth, yeah? :D I knew my boy would win! Who can resist him? And so very, very Xtra sweet that he beat out Doc Jocko. LOL

Thanks for the fun. It was great!!

www.lostdesmond.com

Posted by: jbdean | March 25, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

I'm not complaining--I'd have been happy with almost anyone but Kate or Jack.

Sayid and Desmond are my two favorite "good" (at least, I assume they're good) characters so this was a win-win scenario. I confess that, skill-wise, I'd rather be trapped on an island with Sayid, but it's still a close call between the two. Des is less morally ambiguous.

And with his gamesmanship skills, Ben certainly had an excellent claim to the top spot.

Posted by: alex | March 25, 2008 6:22 PM | Report abuse

I guess its the accent. Sayid would have won if Naveen Andrews was using his real accent. Don't worry Naveen! Your career will go on well after we have forgotten Henry Ian Cusick's Desmond Hume.

Posted by: LA | March 25, 2008 10:58 PM | Report abuse

LOL For LA: Your guess is the accent? Forget Desmond Hume? Forget Henry Ian Cusick? Surely you jest! Naveen is a fantastic actor but he can't compare to Cusick's chameleon-like ability to totally become the character. From Jesus to Desmond to Udre and beyond. Henry Ian Cusick & his characters are anything but forgettable. :D

Posted by: jbdean | March 26, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Ack.

If Sayid had to lose to anyone, I guess its ok its Dessie. I can't help that my love for the glistening iraqi is first in my heart, but my brother and his time traveling mind obviously had the advantage.

Posted by: SAYID LOST | March 26, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Ack.

Posted by: SAYID LOST | March 26, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Poor Arzt...

Posted by: Jim Treacher | March 26, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

jbdean: Brotha, I have already forgotten what we were talkin' about...

Posted by: LA | March 26, 2008 8:15 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Sayid lost because he has long scary fingernails. They are distracting.

Posted by: liz33 | March 28, 2008 8:58 PM | Report abuse