Posted at 7:43 AM ET, 03/13/2008

Morning Mix: 'Billie Jean' Jackson Arrested at Neverland

By Liz Kelly

Paris Hilton and new pal -- or is he? -- Benji Madden at Nicky Hilton's Nicholai fashion show Tuesday in L.A. Nicky has denied recent speculation that she suffers from an eating disorder. (AP)

Headlines: Valerie Bertinelli says Eddie Van Halen not in rehab... Mariah Carey fills in for sick Janet Jackson on "SNL"... Paul McCartney jumps to defense of kangaroos... Melissa Joan Hart gives birth to second son... Scarlett Johansson makes directorial debut... Spencer Pratt gets his own magazine advice column... Back trouble keeps Paul Newman away from fundraiser... "Carlizina" named ultimate celebrity It girl in PhotoShopping contest.

Lost Madness: Voting is now underway. Click to fill out a bracket and help decide who is the best Lost character ever.

Spears Watch: Brit's new video debuts online (Passwords: "victory" and "danger." Mini-review: Repurposed leftover anime.)... Real Brit begins "How I Met Your Mother" taping... Alicia Silverstone denies Brit caused her to pull out of show.

Crime Watch: Woman named Billie Jean arrested for trespassing at Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch... Joe Francis pleads "no contest" to Florida charges... Samantha Morton testifies against childhood friend in stalking case... John Ritter wrongful death case goes to the jury.

Rumor Mill: Kevin Federline came thisclose to a Broadway role... Rachael Ray's TV show close to cancellation?... Diddy launching car service for drunk stars.

Say What?
"I'd love to have kids. Maybe I'll adopt about 20 children - that's been my dream since I was a little girl." -- Penelope Cruz, who may be doing her best to scare off boyfriend Javier Bardem

Chat Day: Celebritology Live, 2 p.m. ET!

Just Because: How I Viewed the World in Ninth Grade [Best Week Ever]

By Liz Kelly  | March 13, 2008; 7:43 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Animated Britney Spears
Next: Mary-Kate Olsen Raided My Memory

Comments

Sir Paul is defending the kangaroos? They don't need his help: didn't he ever see that one that used to regularly beat the bejeezus out of Sylvester?

Posted by: byoolin | March 13, 2008 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Also, is he going to be too tired to defend the baby seals in a couple of months?

Posted by: byoolin | March 13, 2008 8:34 AM | Report abuse

HOW ON EARTH did Brit's video people guess my network logon & password?

Posted by: byoolin | March 13, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

As I can't get to the article, this is merely speculation but isn't it possible that instead of physically defending the kangaroos, Sir Paul is legally defending them? That would mean less physical exertion and getting to wear a wig in court, plus given his tangles with his soon-to-be-ex, he's already got some courtroom experience. (Perhaps he could borrow a wig from Elton John?)

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | March 13, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

So is she fighting robots or something? Is she trying to make out with a robot girl in a tube? I'm not really sure what Britney is doing in her video.

Despite such confusion, the song will probably do pretty well. It's pretty dance-y and fun. Maybe I just liked it better cause the visuals didn't creep me out the way her last video did. Watching ani-Britney jump through a window is way better than real Britney wiggle around in ripped fishnets.

Posted by: Em | March 13, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Paul Abdul - Opposites Attract: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbknGnZXHUk

But this is funnier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQt-h753jHI&feature=bz301

Posted by: omni | March 13, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

I think Penelope should stop talkin' and start adoptin'. I'm getting tired of reading about the starlets who've always dreamed of having lots and lots of children. Put your money and time where your mouth is. Go on and get you some. Time's a wastin', you're not getting any younger and those kids need homes!

Posted by: methinks | March 13, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Ani-Britney, hmm.

Will she be the Rei Ayanami of the music world?

Posted by: EricS | March 13, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Ahhhh! Someone metioned pony again! And so did I. Double ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Seems we're still posting from...the future. In fact, we're posting all the way from the year 2000.

Posted by: EricS | March 13, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Æon Spears? Britney Flux?

The second one sounds more appropriate somehow...

Posted by: Chasmosaur | March 13, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Hey, server monkeys, get in there and kick the box a couple of times. The posting issues are bananas.

Posted by: WTF... | March 13, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

.. Diddy launching car service for drunk stars.

If that one is true, this proves that Diddy may not know what name to go by, but is still WAY smarter than most celebs.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 13, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

ARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!! Double postings, time stamps out of whack. WTF is going on?!!!!

Sorry, I've been having my own computer problems, my CD-Rom keeps crashing as I'm trying to upload my expansive CD collection on my new iPod.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 13, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Speaking as a fellow marsupial, I have to say that although I honor the brotherhood of the animal kingdom, I certainly don't want a plague of kangaroos eating my lawn.
Anyway, I hear kangaroo tastes just like fermented soy beans, so maybe "Sir" Paul should try it.

Posted by: possum | March 13, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Wait a tick, K-Fed (or as I have taken to calling him pudgy) was close to a role in a play that's actually on Broadway and not so far off off off off Broadway that it's dinner theatre in Albany. Pudgy really has done well for himself.

If Penelope manages to drive Javier off, I'll be waiting to help him pick up the pieces. Granted I have a better chance of getting a pony but still a girl can dream.

Posted by: petal | March 13, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

That Brit ani-vid was pretty good. Way more watchable than her other vids. I am really surprised at her ability to remarket herself in these turbulent times in her life. The songs are catchy, the videos are ok, and she's still raking in money. How many stars HAVEN'T been able to remake themselves at their personal low points? Mariah Carey for one. Most have to wait around for the "Where are they now?" moment to stage a comeback.

Posted by: rachelt | March 13, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, but it's Legally Blonde. They've contracted with MTV for a reality show to cast "The Next Elle Woods". I suspect that the male lead in that show may require about as much talent as Billy Flynn in Chicago (since the girls do far more dancing than he does and that hasn't stopped awful stunt casting for their roles, either, though it is predominantly random guys as Billy Flynn).

Posted by: MB | March 13, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

"Diddy launching car service for drunk stars"

I'm sure I speak for the rest of the public when I say Thank You, Diddy, for getting some high profile drunks off of the street.

Isn't Billie Jean about 20 years too late to be stalking MJ? Be grateful that the kid wasn't his son...you see how he treats his kids.

Posted by: hangin in herndon | March 13, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

"Paul McCartney jumps to defense of kangaroos... Melissa Joan Hart gives birth to second son"

Does this story imply a bizarre cause-and-effect relationship in nature that we're only now beginning to grasp? If that's the case, someone should determine which celeb was advocating for which animal species at the time Britney gave birth to each of her sons, and tell them to PLEASE STOP!

Posted by: MisterBear | March 13, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

@erics - britney as rei? dont make me hurt you....

@chasmosaur - Æon Spears is *exactly* what we're looking at here... i can imagine brit seeing Æon Flux and saying 'i want a video like that... only with more robots'

that was awful... it needed more *POW* balloons to make the choppy Hypercard-animation look work - otherwise it felt like a walt simonson storyboard on acid. It was so much worse than the median-rated youtube amv (and that's pretty damned awful) as to be embarassing -- looked like something from... hmm... the early 90s - like one of the DVDs in the sparsely populated 'anime' section of your local blockbuster - only with less production value and no associated card game.

and 'to be continued...'?
please dont threaten me like that...

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | March 13, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

possum, I always laugh heartily when I read your posts. :-)

Whoa, that unattractive double-chinned guy with Paris Hilton looks identical to the unattractive double-chinned guy who had a kid with Nicole Richie. I know they're brothers -- are they twins?

Penelope, please do not go the way of Mia Farrow-Angelina Jolie. You are way too cool.

Posted by: Californian | March 13, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Quintilius - you made me laugh: vid "looked like something from... hmm... the early 90s - like one of the DVDs in the sparsely populated 'anime' section of your local blockbuster - only with less production value and no associated card game." Heh heh.
Yeah, I'm in agreement too. Let me qualify what I posted earlier: that "pretty good" meant it was better than I expected it to be. But, you're right - it could have been so much better. I thought the same thing about the "to be continued" too.

Posted by: rachelt | March 13, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

I was a little confused by the Samantha Morton story. The article lists her being 30 years old and the stalker as being 42 years old, yet he has been characterized as a "childhood friend". What child has friends who are 12 years older than they are? Like what, they hung out when she was 7 and he was 19? And it's just as absurd no matter what age you use.

Something seems a little off there....

Posted by: huh? | March 13, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

huh? here's a better article.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 13, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

yipes! certainly changes the tone once you get the full story.

i'm guessing someone at the daily news doesn't really understand the definition of the term "childhood friend".

Posted by: huh? | March 13, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

"Spencer Pratt gets his own magazine advice column..."

They actually have advice columns on how to be a totally inappropriate, conceited, self-centered, clueless j*ck*ss? Or is it the kind of column you are supposed to do the exact opposite of what is advised?

Posted by: colorado kool aid | March 13, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, the Samantha Morton story takes on a whole different meaning when you read the second article. Pretty scary I would imagine.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 13, 2008 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Liz, I just read the intro to today's Celebritology chat and I just have to say, even though we are (Facebook) friends and I love your Lost dueling analyses, OH MY GOD, STOP IT WITH THE SPOILERS. It was bad enough a few weeks ago when Jen spilled a spoiler about the Oceanic 6, and I hoped that the few of us who reacted strongly would have persuaded you to ONLY talk about shows that have aired. I am obsessed with the show and read a lot of commentary but am incredibly careful to avoid spoilers because I love trying to guess what'll happen next, and I hate that now I'm going to have to stop reading both your dueling analysis threat AND your Celebritology chat to avoid spoilers.

So thanks for totally blowing what would have otherwise been a really shocking moment in tonight's episode. Boo.

Posted by: Stef | March 13, 2008 7:36 PM | Report abuse