Posted at 8:15 AM ET, 03/24/2008

Morning Mix: Brangelina Donated $8M to Charity in '07

By Liz Kelly

Sean 'Diddy' Combs hangs with his kids -- D'Lila Star and Jessie James -- at a taping of MTV's 'Making The Band 4.' (Getty Images)

Headlines: Brangelina gave $8 million to charity in 2007... Husband of British singer Corinne Bailey Rae found dead... Fergie dishes about her lingering meth paranoia... Ryan Phillippe calls Jake Gyllenhaal (ex Reese Witherspoon's guy pal) a "good dude"... Rick Salomon agrees to annulment in two-month marriage to Pamela Anderson... Jamie Lee Curtis kinda topless on cover of AARP magazine... J.K. Rowling says she once had suicical thoughts... Jennie Garth to star on new CBS sitcom.

Spears Watch: Brit's "How I Met Your Mother" wardrobe on auction block... K-Fed celebrates his 30th birthday in Las Vegas with ex Shar Jackson, rushed away from mike after griping about a gambling loss (NSFW video).

Rumor Mill: Most of Jackson family in financial straits... Heather Mills planning series of kiddie books... Courtney Love moving to London to escape "dirty, crazy" self L.A.?... Brangelina did not buy French chateau, says owner.

Say What?
"I love Africa in general -- South Africa and West Africa, they are both great countries." -- Paris Hilton, showing off her geography skills

By Liz Kelly  | March 24, 2008; 8:15 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analyses: Meet Kevin Johnson
Next: And Now, a Word or Two About David Schwimmer

Comments

Good for Jennie Garth. I always liked her on 90210. I hope she does well with this sitcom on CBS.

Posted by: glebe | March 24, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton, you are not smarter than a fifth grader.

Posted by: unmute | March 24, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

The Jackson family has no one but themselves to blame for their financial problems. Instead of getting off their butts and working, they depended on Michael to support them. They continued to do so despite ample evidence that he had no desire to do so.

What will Mills' book be about -- Conspicuous Consumption for Your Toddler and How to Inflate Your Toddler's Sense of Self-Imporantce, along with Gold-Diggng for Teens?

Posted by: ep | March 24, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

I can't imagine the parent who would allow a Heather Mills kiddie book in their house.

Posted by: jes | March 24, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton, you are not smarter than my dogs.

Posted by: jake e. poo | March 24, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: atb | March 24, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

I wish Puffy would close his mouth. Literally. It's always hanging open like a mouth-breather. It irritates the crap out of me. Maybe that's one of the many ways he moisturizes his situation.

Posted by: atb | March 24, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Heather Mills thinks she could be the next JK Rowlings? Really?

I'm with ep on the Jacksons. Why couldn't they just get jobs like the rest of us? About 95% of America gets up everyday and goes to work. Try it out.

Posted by: Em | March 24, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Is it weird that I got kinda enamored with the JLC photo? I don't know that I'd say it's attractive, but it IS striking, and not in a bad way.

I wonder if Paris can point out West Africa on a map.

Posted by: 23112 | March 24, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Paris was just using an old map.

Maybe she meant Portuguese West Africa (now Angola) or French West Africa (now Mauritania, Senegal, Gambia, Niger, Mali, Guinea, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso and Benin) or South West Africa (now Namibia).

My bet is on South West Africa. (FWA is now 9 countries; that's probably too much for her. And PWA would be an option, but Paris probably doesn't speak 'Spanish.')

Posted by: byoolin | March 24, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Thank you, thank you, thank you to atb. I have been saying the same thing for years. Puffy can never seem to get the top lip to meet the bottom lip.

At this point Paris can't beat a stick of wood in the smarts catergory.

Posted by: petal | March 24, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Was that a slam or not in the Us article about Brad and Angelina?

It lists seven different causes with which they've been associated, and then, "Meanwhile [Jennifer] Aniston... will appear on ...Oprah's Big Give."

Posted by: byoolin gives 'til it hurts. | March 24, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Heather Mills' children's book series:

Daddy Is A Monster!

The Nasty, Smelly, Stinky, Judge Who Gets What's Coming To Him!

Beatrice Flies Economy!

Red Suit, Blue Suit, It's One Suit, Lawsuit!

Posted by: byoolin | March 24, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

ep and Em, did you actually read the article on the Jacksons? I would consider stocking shelves at Von's a job or doing odd jobs such as working for a mechanic. According the the article, they want to perform, but Michael has tried to keep them from doing that. BTW, Janet is the breadwinner of the family, not Michael.

Knowing this is in the "Rumors" section, I'm taking this article with a grain of salt, but if its true...Michael needs to have his a$$ whupped.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 24, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton continues to amaze and delight. She is proof that evolution isn't necessarily a forward-moving process.

And I guess mouth-breathing Puffy Sean McDiddle would be more proof of that.

Oh what a beautiful Monday morning!

Posted by: jaybbub | March 24, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Yipes, that's supposed to be "category"

Posted by: petal | March 24, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Friday List (or Thursday):
Heather Mills book titles. Thanks byoolin we've already got 4 really good ones. Gonna be hard to top those.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 24, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I have a hard time feeling bad for the Jacksons. Yeah, Michael's a jerk for being uncooperative, but why don't the parents sell that mansion and live a little more within their means? I'm surprised they have any employees left, if it's true that "workers go months without a paycheck." Expecting Michael to help when he clearly will not (especially when there's a question about his own finances)- what a delusional bunch. At least some of them are trying to support themselves.

Posted by: surlychick | March 24, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

So, we know Jolie's tax filings, but not Clinton's? Nice.

Posted by: Sorry to turn all political... | March 24, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

I did read the article. Doing odd jobs at a friend's business and managing your child's rap career don't constitute jobs. I'm saying they should have regular jobs or be an actual mechanic (certified and working on your own merit).

It's seems like people who had some time in the music industry expect it to last forever and are always waiting for the next thing to happen. They're all in their 40s and 50s and by now should have woken up and realized the 5 are over and looked around to see what they could do to support themselves in a regular and consistent manner. I do feel bad for the one working at Vons. He does seem to be trying to do something.

Michael continues to look like a dick, however.

Posted by: Em | March 24, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Way to go Angie & Brad. I know they're worth a ton of money but giving away 8 million dollars is impressive.

Posted by: methinks | March 24, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

In light of Britney's wardrobe malfunctions, I suggest she look into getting one of these ....

Great title.

Posted by: TonyR | March 24, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Continuing the theme of celebrity parenting, with a Courtney Love reference, I wish this had been on US TV ....

Posted by: TonyR | March 24, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Oh that Paris -while she'll never win a Nat'l Geographic bee, you gotta love her attempts at sounding smart.

I agree w/previous posts about the Jacksons- particularly the sons and the parents, wtf?! Good lord, stocking shelves and doing odd jobs in your 40s and 50s seems like something they brought on themselves. Michael may be an a-hole but that should not have prevented them from saving their earnings or finding other ways to make money. Relying on a richer sibling to take care of you and your family should not have been a viable option.

I third (or fourth) the comment about Puffy and that never closed mouth of his- you'd think w/his money he could get some orthodontic dental work (for a bad overbite perhaps?) to fix that. I don't know if he thinks that is a cool look-dark shades, mouth ajar- but it only makes him look like a person with special-needs.

Posted by: plamar1031 | March 24, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Uugghhh- forgot to add my 2 cents about that frickin' Heather Mills. Is she kidding- she thinks she can become another JK Rowling? Why God can't she just slither away under a rock and enjoy her multi-million pound settlement. I would write my OWN books (and I ain't got the best imagination) before I'd buy anything w/this woman's name on it to read to my children.

Posted by: plamar1031 | March 24, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I'm waiting for the "team jennifer" fanatics to start posting anti-angelina messages like "giving away 8 million to charity doesnt make up for stealing away a husband."

Posted by: Still Waiting, DC | March 24, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

in the photo above Mr. what's-your-name-this-week Combs appears to be having a narcolepsy moment. Someone should rescue those cute little girls. And who names their little girl "jessie james"???

Still waiting - you might want to check the postings at the US magazine site to find what you are waiting for...they are consistently more angry than we tend to be here at Celebritology.

Posted by: sunnydaze | March 24, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

I predict Heather Mills and Courtney Love will star in a British realty show together this summer.

Posted by: Lisa1 | March 24, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Stillwaiting - i was just thinking that! No matter what Angelina is in the news for, it somehow turns into a whole bunch of "she stole brad" banshee postings.

Posted by: Dan the Man | March 24, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Funny, just last night I thought of a Friday list: "Favorite Hollywood Couples Who Have Been Together For Ages"

Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins (my fave)
Jamie Lee Curtis and Christopher Guest
Julie Christie and her longtime partner she just married (can't remember his name tho')
Sissy Spacek and her husband (don't know his name)
Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell
Rita Wilson and Tom Hanks
Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward (even though they were both married when they met, but no one's calling anyone a stealer as far as I know)

Posted by: Californian | March 24, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Surely the words "Heather Mills" or "Courtney Love" next to the words "reality show" constitute the very definition of an oxymoron.

Posted by: byoolin | March 24, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I did read the whole Jackson article. Other than the one working at Vons the rest are depending on others -- especially Michael to bail them out. Janet is only helping mama. Please note that the girls who went out and did for themselves are doing just fine. Nobody MADE the boys sign with Michael. They could have told him to shove it, they would handle their own careers. It's not like Michael suddenly became selfish. They are related to him, they should know better.

The ones I feel sorry for (but only a little because they were stupid) are the friends who mortgaged their homes to pay Michael's legal bills. They got hung out to dry like eveyrone else involved with Michael.

Posted by: ep | March 24, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

the video from kfed is the sort of thing that reminds you that brit isnt the only nightmare in those children's lives...

"i was trying to get [cough] (boo) words out of my mouth but i lost them on the craps table when i lost my money (boo)... (smarmy grin)... (boo).... if you try to win, if you dirty [cough] dealers (unintelligible)..." followed by strutting K-Fed/entourage leaving the building.

dude, you hit the jackpot when brit married you... if you double down in vegas and lose you've got no one to blame but yourself. learn to walk away....

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | March 24, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

D'Lila Star and Jessie James had better watch themselves around Daddy Diddy, or the kids just might find themselves coincidentally dead at the hands of his posse.

Posted by: MisterBear | March 24, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

byoolin - you forgot the best seller title, "Little Beatrice Joyrides in Mommy's PT Crooser"

Posted by: 98102 | March 24, 2008 8:17 PM | Report abuse

About rumor, I can't take any report that comes from the New York Post as anything true. That paper is tabloid.

Posted by: Honey Comb Cereal | March 26, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse