Posted at 8:26 AM ET, 03/17/2008

Morning Mix: Halle Berry Delivers Baby Girl

By Liz Kelly

Update, 11:02 a.m. ET: Heather Mills awarded $48.7 million divorce settlement.

Headlines: Halle Berry delivers baby girl... New Tom Cruise video surfaces: He sings, he dances, he has the best birthday EVER!... McCartney-Mills divorce settlement imminent... Dennis Quaid speaks out about medical mistakes... Snoop Dogg taping "One Life to Live" guest appearance... ABBA drummer Ola Brunkert found dead in Spain... LA Times: Biggie and Diddy behind 1994 Tupac Shakur ambush... Paris Hilton insists relationship with Benji Madden isn't a hoax... WWE owner Vince McMahon gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star... India says Richard Gere welcome once again... Former manager sues George Lopez for $600,000... Steve-O blogs from "looney bin."

Lost Madness: Voting is now underway. Click to fill out a bracket and help decide who is the best Lost character ever.

Spears Watch: Sam Lutfi agrees to stay away from Brit for 30 more days... Mel Gibson moves in to fill the void... Hospital will fire workers who leaked details of Brit's stay... Brit's dad opening a restaurant with K-Fed?

Crime Watch: Two doctors cleared of negligence in death of John Ritter.

Rumor Mill: David Caruso terrorizes "CSI" set... Lindsay Lohan doesn't like onions.

Say What?
"I'm Mary Poppins: I'm what the buttoned-up girls are supposed to be." -- Mariah Carey, in the April issue of Allure magazine

By Liz Kelly  | March 17, 2008; 8:26 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lost' Dueling Analyses: Ji Yeon
Next: Catching Up With Sheryl Crow

Comments

"'I'm Mary Poppins: I'm what the buttoned-up girls are supposed to be.' -- Mariah Carey,"

I can't help but wonder what Julie Andrews thinks about this. I haven't seen the film in quite a while, but I think I would remember if Julie Andrews had dressed like Ms. Carey.

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | March 17, 2008 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Liz Kelly,
I'm making an assumption here but happy St. Patrick's day to ya.
Cheers!

Posted by: methinks | March 17, 2008 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Oh-kay.

The man has no facial expressions. I watched two episodes this last week (from like two years ago) where his wife dies and there was nothing, on his face. Those sunglasses hide whatever 'emoting' his character may have.

Anyway, the article made me laugh.

Posted by: David Caruso | March 17, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

-Congrats to Halle Berry.

-Happy St. Patrick's Day to Liz and Mr. Liz

-Please someone stop Mariah Carey from speaking

Posted by: Lisa1 | March 17, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

LOL, there's BM on Paris Hilton's finger!!

Posted by: LittleMissMuskrat | March 17, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

I just love it when celebrites claim they're really not a ditz while making ditz-like statements.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 17, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Damn you, LittleMiss Muskrat, you forced me to read about Paris Hilton. Arrrrrggghhhh, I'll never get that 30 seconds back.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 17, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Looks like the Scientologists drank the Kool-Aid before the party, not with their cake.

Posted by: methinks | March 17, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

happy st. patty's day my fellow celebritologist! wear your green and drink your guiness with pride.

Posted by: melissamac | March 17, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Buttoned up girls are supposed to walk around in micro-minis & stilettos with their breasts hanging out?
What are the vain, attention-seeking exhibitionists supposed to do?

Posted by: Eeeeewwww | March 17, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

That David Caruso thing has me practically ROFLMAO. He's such a bad actor. The only word that could maybe sum my reaction to it all is WOW.

Posted by: Lizka | March 17, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

I don't see Mariah dancing on rooftops with a bunch of chimney sweeps. Guess her boob/butt implants might knock her off balance.

Posted by: possum | March 17, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Congratulations to Halle.

I wish I could see that Tom Cruise video from work. I just know it would cure the wicked case of the Mondays I've got going on.

That's sad about ABBA's drummer.

Arrrrrghhhhhh, CSI Miami just irritates me. Everything from Caruso driving the hummer around to the storylines.

Posted by: petal | March 17, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Congrats to Halle.

Also congrats to Vince McMahon. No matter what some may think of professional wrestling, it's popularity and impact on entertainment is undeniable.

Posted by: DC Cubefarm | March 17, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

CSI Miami might be the funniest show on television and only because of David Caruso

Posted by: Magnolia | March 17, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Guess people are finally figuring out that HIPAA really does mean that if you don't need to look you don't look.

Doesn't button upped, mean well that you button up, not leave everything hanging out?

Posted by: ep | March 17, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

The BBC says Heather Mills has been awarded a little over £24M.

Posted by: byoolin | March 17, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

So being a one-legged gold digger is a lucrative career. Who'd of thunk.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 17, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Heather got exactly what she was offered by Sir Paul before the hearing. The only thing she got was not having to adhere to a confidentiality clause. Yet, she is still insisting Sir Paul is the bad guy for insisting on a hearing. She still doesn't get it that every time she trashes him, people hate her more.

Posted by: ep | March 17, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I love this part:

*********************

But she said she would be appealing against the publication of the ruling on Tuesday morning because of concerns for the security of her daughter.

"I'm not appealing against the judgment because it's not worth it," she said.

"I'm appealing against the publication of it because it has so many details of me and my daughter in it. It has a stay on it until the appeal tomorrow."

*********************

First off - it's not worth appealing the settlement. You think?

Second. I'm sure you're appealing the publication for the safety of you and your daughter. Not because you might want to, oh say, stay in the public eye. (And you're not allowed to discuss your marriage, apparently.)

Because if you just stayed quiet, bought a house somewhere with that nice chunk of change and lived quietly, it wouldn't be an issue in a few months, lady. People would just consider you a trivia answer.

I hope that money to the little girl goes into a trust that's managed by someone else.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | March 17, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

I'm sorry, the only person that deserves a $50 million divorce settlement these days is Silda Wall Spitzer.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | March 17, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Only if the $50 mill is everything Spitzer has. That includes the shirt on his back, his wishes and hopes and dreams for the future too.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 17, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Bet you Heather starts crying in the next two years that the $48.7 million settlement is not enough money.

Posted by: petal | March 17, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Hey, Methinks,

I'm still hung over from celebrating L. Ron Hubbard's birthday last Thursday. Yeah, I was kicking it with Will, Jada and Kimora Lee.

I especially liked Kimmie's thetan shaped cookies. I had no idea thetans were shaped like that.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | March 17, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

How soon before I see the internet banner advertising the Offices of Mills and Stewart: NOT Attorneys at Law.

"Police suspect you of murder? Rich husband divorcing you? You don't need a lawyer, you just need some righteous indignation, no shame and access to a good law library. We'll show you how..."

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | March 17, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

$48.7 million could buy a lot of PT kwoosers.

Posted by: kvs | March 17, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

The Caruso item sure does explain a lot. That show would be so much better without him and the toothy ME.

Posted by: b | March 17, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

That is really sad about the guy from ABBA. Bled to death from a cut pane of glass before anyone could get to him. geez.

Posted by: EricS | March 17, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I was wondering how long it would take before the "P.T. Kwoozer" jokes.

Posted by: jake e. poo | March 17, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

sorry i'm not up on my heather mills lore..."P T Kwoozer"? 'splain, lucy... (or jake e. poo)
thanks

Posted by: methinks | March 17, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

I hope the whole £24M goes straight to Heather's hips.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find big laughs in Snoop Dogg's appearance on One Life To Live?

Lindsay Lohan doesn't like onions. Paris Hilton doesn't like eggplant. And Hilary Duff doesn't like brussel sprouts. "Like, wow, that is SO cool. We should do a CD. I'll get Timbaland to write us some vegetable hate songs."

Posted by: MisterBear | March 17, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

"I'll get Timbaland to write us some vegetable hate songs."

Track 1: "Oh, How I Hate LiLo, PaHi and HiDu"

Posted by: byoolin | March 17, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Truer words were never spoken, byoolin.

Posted by: MisterBear | March 17, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Sir Paul is in the studio too. If you listen closely, you can hear him:

"Some people wanna fill the world with greedy b____ songs..."

Posted by: byoolin | March 17, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Even after being awarded $48.7 million, Heather Mills went into an angry rant on the courthouse steps. While that's certainly a lot of cash, I think Sir Paul will still come out ahead if he gets this looney out of his life for good.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 17, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

This is one of my all-time favorite one-legged gold digger lines, "Beatrice only gets £35,000 a year - so obviously she's meant to travel B class while her father travels A class, but obviously I will pay for that."

I guess when your 4-year old is pulling in £35,000 a year you expect her to pay her own travel expenses. Next time my family travels I'm making the kid break open the piggy bank, no more free rides!

Posted by: jes | March 17, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I love how she rants on and on about the settlement but objects to the publication of the decision because it endagers the safety of her daughter. If she had agreed to the confidentiality clause, no one would be talking and there would be no decision to publish. So who is endangering the kid with her run on mouth???????

Posted by: ep | March 17, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Ah jes- you expressed my sentiments exactly. I immediately thought of the savings we'd pocket if we made our 2yr old toddler foot his own travel expenses the next time we hit the road- geez if poor Bea has to travel B-class, I think our kid can do the same.

What a freak, that woman! I only hope this settlement means she can finally shut up and fade into obscurity...

Posted by: plamar1031 | March 17, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Not gonna happen, she will be the queen of reality tv. First Big Brother (Britian, of course), then maybe Celebrity Apprentice, oh and next Celebrity Fat Club. We will never be rid of her.

Posted by: jake e. poo | March 17, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Oh man that Cruise video is the best EVAH! Dude sings almost as good as he acts. The dancing, AWESOME! I love how the Scientology band cues up all the music from his movies too- they are waaay to fond of that MI theme song. Loved how he walked into that song as if he were going into a boxing ring. Good crazy bat sh** times!

Posted by: plamar1031 | March 17, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

So someone from the cult of Scientology is leaking these videos? I bet that makes them even more paranoid.

Posted by: chocolatetiara | March 17, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Oh my. ToCru is a pod person.

Posted by: glomustumor | March 17, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

read the l.a. times article again, please. biggie wasn't involved in the initial tupac shooting - associates of doofy diddy were.

Posted by: janisr | March 17, 2008 8:06 PM | Report abuse