Posted at 7:24 AM ET, 03/25/2008

Morning Mix: Pam Anderson Officially Single. Again.

By Liz Kelly

George Clooney at the premiere of his movie 'Leatherheads' in Maysville, Ky. (AP)

Headlines: George Michael announces 25-city U.S. tour... Justin Timberlake donates $200K to hometown... Fred Thompson ready to return to acting... Marriage to Rick Salomon freshly annulled, Pam Anderson spends Easter with ex Tommy Lee... Johnny Knoxville officially single... Family of car crash victim sues the Hogans... Denise Richards has "Charlie" tattoo covered up with fairy... Madonna's personal trainer says "skip on a treadmill" to look like Madge... Oprah Winfrey's 13-year-old Cocker Spaniel dies... Sean "Diddy" Combs ordered to pay settlement to alleged assault victim... Lindsay Lohan's grandmother drives into tree... Listen: Heidi Montag's new single, aptly titled "No More."

Spears Watch: Lawyer again denied right to appeal Britney's conservatorship.

Rumor Mill: Alleged Tyra Banks stalker released from jail... George Clooney denies rumors of a clothing line... Former Destiny's Child Kelly Rowland ready to try Broadway.

By Liz Kelly  | March 25, 2008; 7:24 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: And Now, a Word or Two About David Schwimmer
Next: Sarah Jessica Parker Revisited: When Maxim Attacks

Comments

Another "Spears Watch" item: Spears not awful on How I Met Your Mother!
(http://www.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/video/video.php?cid=446409135&pid=h8xRRFtZkOCHmxl1iahl7DT0NjRj9LkM&play=true&cc=0)

Posted by: byoolin | March 25, 2008 8:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin | March 25, 2008 8:05 AM | Report abuse

"Fred Thompson ready to return to acting..."

His first role will be as the title character in the live-action version of Tex Avery's popular '40s cartoon dog "Droopy."

Posted by: byoolin | March 25, 2008 8:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 23112 | March 25, 2008 8:24 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the link byoolin. I've been meaning to catch that episode since my DVR failed.

Would I be asking for trouble if I admit I thought the new Heidi Montag song wasn't terrible? I have no trouble imagining it on the radio or as a light beachy tune. Of course if I hear it more than 3 times my head may explode from the repetitive over-digitized noise.

Posted by: PGM | March 25, 2008 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Did you guys see the Justin Long resume on the Schwimmer chat?
That was hilarious! He may have starred?? in more crap then anyone in history!
He will be long forgotten within 2 years.

Posted by: J M | March 25, 2008 8:39 AM | Report abuse

George Michael has a small but funny part in the series finale of Extras. Ricky Gervais is sitting in a park on a bench which, he realizes too late, is where gay men meet. GM wants to duck into the bushes to smoke a joint and eat a falafel and asks Ricky to cover for him if the paparazzi show up.

Of course, Ricky gives him up to save himself from being photographed on the bench.

Posted by: byoolin | March 25, 2008 8:41 AM | Report abuse

I concur with byoolin...after watching Law and Order, Fred Thompson didn't strike me as presidential in the least...unless looking like a dog's rubber chew toy counts...

Posted by: Anonymous | March 25, 2008 8:42 AM | Report abuse

23312 - He is playing the Verizon Center July 29 - so there is hope for you to see him.

Posted by: George | March 25, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

"George Michael would have played more places, but it's surprisingly difficult to find venues near city parks with public washrooms."
I've got to find a way to work that into a conversation. Hilarious!

Granted Brit didn't stink up the joint but she wasn't any different than the Will and Grace bit. I guess I should stop hating and give her props for showing up and delivering the lines.

I can't imagine why on earth I'd want to look like Madge. She looks toned to the point of being hard. It's really not appealing but that's my opinion.

Posted by: petal | March 25, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Two thumbs up for Britney's appearance on How I Met Your Mother last night. Her part was much larger than I expected and she looked good. At least we know she cleans up well if she's not on the wack.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 25, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Not to be snarky, but why is Oprah's dog getting publicity?

I love dogs, but must we continue to promote Oprah?

Posted by: unmute | March 25, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

unmute, if you have not heard the saga of Oprah's cocker spaniel, you are fortunate. This dog has had better medical care, better food, better living conditions than the average person.

In my next life I want to be one of Oprah's dogs.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 25, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

I wouldn't want to be one of Oprah's dogs - one dies of kidney failure and look what happened to the other one:

"Less than a year ago, they lost their beloved Golden Retriever, Gracie, who chocked on a ball."

What the heck is 'chocked'? It sounds awful.

And Oprah said her Gracie's "life was a gift..." but her death was "a greater one."

What?!?

Posted by: byoolin | March 25, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Britney was surprisingly good last night. I actually laughed with her and not at her for a change.

Posted by: dw | March 25, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

I thought Britney did pretty well. It was nice to see her in one piece, not drunk or drugged or generally freaking out. She did a fairly good job and showed a nice sense of comedic timing. It wasn't the best acting I've ever seen, but she wasn't a mess. Perhaps there's hope for her.

Posted by: sappho | March 25, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Can Oprah not even have a genuine non-cliche ridden thought even for the death of her dog? Sheesh!

Posted by: pnina | March 25, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Darn, I'm too late to make the first George Michael comments. But I did see him on Extras (and he was hilarious), and I bet that if he actually booked the public restrooms for the tour the acoustics would be great.

Did you ever see GM's "Outside" video after the park incident? He's dancing as a cop in a bathroom and the room turns into a disco? You gotta say the man has a sense of humor about it all.

As for "Denise Richards has 'Charlie' tattoo covered up with fairy" she could've channeled Shelley Hack and parlayed that ink into a Charlie perfume endorsement. Her loss.

Oprah's dog? Linday's grandmother? You call this news? Sheesh!

Posted by: td | March 25, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

about all i can say for brit is that she wasn't bad. guess that could be construed as high praise given her history.

Posted by: b | March 25, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I'm jetting from Lisbon to New York just to see George Michael. He's a brilliant artist and the show's stunning. I don't care about what he does with his free time and I expect to be left alone in mine.

Posted by: Debora | March 25, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Hey, Pam Anderson is officially single again. And Johnny Knox is officially single again. They're roughly the same age, neither one has any sort of upward career move going on, and both are obviously as whacked as the law permits a person loose on the streets to be. So whaddaya think? Pam and Johnny, the next Looney Tunes power couple? Maybe they could adopt a bunch of rhesus monkeys.

Posted by: MisterBear | March 25, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

"Hey, if GM was playing anywhere close to us, I'd go see him. I think he's as iconic a performer as Elton John."

Look what happens to friends of Elton; Freddie Mercury, Gianni Versace, Princess Di ... the list goes on. George Michael should be very, very worried.

Posted by: TonyR | March 25, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

TonyR has a point. Perhaps oh-so-fabulous Debora should think twice before "jetting." Or she could keep things on the down low and just fly like the rest of us.

Posted by: MisterBear | March 25, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

After this latest flop, I hope Heidi can get her job back at Pizza Hut.

Madonna must use plaster as a moisturizer because no one's skin is that hard.

Posted by: Lisa1 | March 25, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

"Try Madonna Brand Spackle! For That 'Like A Virgin' Look!"

Posted by: byoolin | March 25, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

George Michael has also had a recurring role as himself on ABC's Eli Stone. This is the kind of publicity that has been golden for him (unlike the other kind).

I agree w/ some of the other posters, too. Despite his personal problems (which at least all involve consenting adults, right?), he's still an icon. I crank up the radio when his songs come on--especially Father Figure. Definitely a guilty 80s pleasure.

Posted by: alex | March 25, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

"Fred Thompson ready to return to acting..."

When did he start?

"Former Destiny's Child Kelly Rowland ready to try Broadway."

Gee, I guess that boob job really did enhance her confidence! Or she finally realized that as long as Beyonce's Daddy is her manager her recording career will go nowhere.

Posted by: hangin in herndon | March 25, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse