Posted at 8:10 AM ET, 04/ 4/2008

Morning Mix: Naomi Campbell (Allegedly) Strikes Again

By Liz Kelly

Naomi Campbell leaves London's Heathrow Airport following her arrest. (Getty Images)

Headlines: Madonna's new video debuts... Brad Pitt dumps longtime publicist... George Clooney withdraws from writers' union over "Leatherheads" dispute... Lil' Jon tries his hand at winemaking... 50 Cent sued over attempt to evict his ex... Nicolas Cage wins court-ordered apology and damages from Kathleen Turner.

Crime Watch: Naomi Campbell released on bail following alleged London airport assault... Anne Hathaway's boyfriend reportedly arrested for bouncing $250,000 check.

Spears Watch: K-Fed spends big in Vegas.

Rumor Mill: Heather Mills shopping for a New York apartment (but, really, what can you buy with $48 million in New York?)... Tom Cruise annoyed with marijuana named in his honor.

In Case You Missed It: Snoop Dogg on "The View"...

Just Because: Celebs Caught at Odd Moments and Star Wars Toys That Unintentionally Look Like Celebs

By Liz Kelly  | April 4, 2008; 8:10 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Workday Waster: Just Call Me Paris
Next: Friday List: Rehabbing Naomi Campbell

Comments

"Tom Cruise annoyed with marijuana named in his honor."

He shouldn't be - it would be the first time in a long time that the words "that's some good s**t" has been uttered in the same breath as "Tom Cruise."

Posted by: byoolin | April 4, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

I was kind of impressed by the Snoop Dog clip. He doesn't seem as thugish...maybe I need more coffee.

Posted by: no_bs_4me | April 4, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Hey byoolin, top'o the mornin' to ya.

When I moved out of me mum's home I put my beer bottle collection in boxes and stored it in the garage attic. Next visit home they were gone. Mum threw them out. About 112 different bottles. All foreign beers. Probably not as sad a day as the Playboy conflagration, but certainly more expensive, no. I figure about $1000.

Posted by: omni | April 4, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

I love the comment on the Daily Mail Cruise story. The commenter really loves marijuana but might quit if he/she saw wee Tom's face on his/her stash.

Posted by: jes | April 4, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

I enjoyed the Celebs caught in odd moments link. They finally look human! So human maybe oneday I'll be able to befriend one and mooch to my heart's content.

Posted by: PGM | April 4, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Snoop Dog? I think that's Whoopi.

Posted by: M Street | April 4, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Ask byoolin!

Question: "[W]hat can you buy with $48 million in New York?" (Liz K., DC)

Answer: One heck of a double-wide.

Posted by: byoolin | April 4, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

With 48mil, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a triple wide.

Posted by: omni | April 4, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

M street, It is Whoopi. Introducing Snoop.

I swear this blog really does have some of the most clueless people on the internet.

Posted by: Ackers | April 4, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

I'm guessin' that pose Mr. Cruise is making in the "Odd Moments" link is one with which he's veeeerrrry familiar **winkwinknudgenudge**.

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 4, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Ackers, I think M Street's comment was tongue-in-cheek. Oh... or, were you referring to yourself?

The Matthew McConaughey photo with the hair flip is hilarious. Looks like something SNL wish it had thought of as a spoof commercial.

Posted by: WDC | April 4, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I don't know WDC. I've been reading this blog for quite awhile and it seems almost every other day someone submits 'a who the heck is that' post. Even if you've never heard of someone how hard can it be to follow a google or IMDb link. Even though I have never picked up a copy of People or US weekkly or any other celeb mag and never watch ET or AH I've only seen one name in the past year I didn't recognize. A simple google search revealed that person to an actor on ER. Why I ask, do so many people posting to a celebrity focused blog have so little knowledged about celebrities?

Posted by: omni | April 4, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Omni,

I agree in some ways, however many if not most of us are blocked at work from imdb. I use it at home a lot, but cannot access it during the day.
But I saw where methinks did not know who Ashley Tisdale is and I thought WHAT, have you been living under a rock for 3 years.
Ashley is the star of the most famous show in the history of the U.S. - High School Musical. There have been movies, plays, concerts, and even a musical on ice about it. I have never seen High School musical or HSM 2, but have seen Ashley on TV and in magazines about 500 thousand times over the last few years. Methinks posts every day, but does not know anything about celebrities??

Posted by: dw | April 4, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Ashley Tisdale: check.

High school Musical: check.

Disney Channel: check.

By check I mean I am aware of all those things. I know the who and the whats. Even before that blog item the other day. And here I am completely without cable. Non celeb mag reader. Non celeb TV show watcher. How do I know all these things??? Surely I must absorb it straight out of the air I breathe. Maybe I need a tinfoil hat.

Posted by: omni | April 4, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

hypotonic osmotic

Posted by: omni | April 4, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

omni at 10:34 - cracked right the F up; thanks!

Posted by: trumance | April 4, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Quiz me on baseball players, I'll blow you out of the water, but HSM? (I or II?) Sorry. Not there yet. Not sure I'll ever be to the point where a girl named Ashley (there are, like, millions of them) is going to cause my radar to go off.
In my defense, I do know enough to google someone's name but when I posted yesterday, I was already wasting enough time playing around with the cool celebrity morph thingy. Her name was familiar but not, say, Tom Glavine familiar.
And I *just* got sat. TV under my rock(in order to watch baseball).

Posted by: methinks | April 4, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Stop picking on methinks, this is the only celebrity news I get, besides the occasional People magazine at the dentist office. I don't know who a lot of these so-call celebrities are. Today is a good day, I know who all the celebrities are in today's post.

Posted by: jake e. poo | April 4, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

For $48 million in Manhattan, Heater Mills can definitely afford something more than a walk-up. Probably something that's a short hop from Midtown.

Posted by: Sasquatch | April 4, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Hey Omni - Sometimes I ask a dumb question here, even if I could look it up on IMDB or somewhere, just because you people are so much *funnier* than looking it up. Also, people who really do know all their celebrities are the people who post all those scary comments on US Weekly and TMZ and whatnot. We're more fun because we think we're above it, see?

Posted by: h3 | April 4, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

M street, It is Whoopi. Introducing Snoop.

Posted by: Ackers | April 4, 2008 10:40 AM

Gee, Akon thanks for the clarification.*

*sarcasm explicitly noted for the "clueless people on the internet"

Posted by: M Street | April 4, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

P.S. Methinks - you should totally watch High School Musical. It's super cheesy fun.

Posted by: h3 | April 4, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise weed?

So it has a short burn and some very weird effects.

Posted by: EricS | April 4, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise is pissed about the mary jane because it is considered "medicinal." We all know that is a big no-no to him.

Posted by: ep | April 4, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Hey methinks,
I am completely sorry, I did not know you were a baseball fan.
Anyone who likes baseball is great in my book. Plus, most of your posts are very funny and enjoyable to read.
I usually just lurk, because I am lame!

Posted by: DW | April 4, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

See, baseball...the great healer.
We're cool, DW. You can visit my rock anytime to watch the greatest sport known to humankind.

Posted by: methinks | April 4, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Either the London Daily Mail is written by chimps or my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be.

So let me get this straight. Someone named a strain of purple pot that makes you hallucinate after Tom Cruise. Folks use a picture of Tom laughing maniacally on the package as a label.

Cruise is pissed. But should he be? (I'm creating the transition that the Mail failed to provide.)

Seems that his former Scientologist "alternative medicine consultant" (and friends, what's more alternative than a bag o' pot?) named "Feline Butcher" (I'm not making this up) talks a cancer patient out of taking his chemo and replacing it with her "magic drops." He does and he dies.

"Kitty Killer" is now on trial for unlawfully practicing medicine and grand theft.

What the Mail fails to tell us is whether Kitty Killer used the purple hallucenigenic pot in her "magic drops." And it fails to tell us whether she ever administered "magic drops" to Tom Cruise.

If she has, this would completely explain his relationship with Katie Holmes, the Oprah-couch episode, the encounter with Matt Lauer, etc...

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | April 4, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse