Posted at 7:02 AM ET, 04/14/2008

Morning Mix: Spears in Fender-Bender; Ex Adnan Ghalib Allegedly Stabbed

By Liz Kelly

In this image released by the Save Darfur Coalition, Matt Damon smashes a dollhouse to symbolize childhood under attack in Darfur. (Image courtesy the Save Darfur Coalition)

Headlines: Britney Spears involved in minor fender-bender... Neil Patrick Harris says his critique of Spears's "How I Met Your Mother" cameo was taken out of context... Teen sensation Miley Cyrus earned $18 million in 2007... "Dr. Phil" show posts bail for teen accused in Florida beating... Cate Blanchett gives birth to third child, son Ignatius Martin Upton... "Full House's" Jodie Sweetin delivers baby girl... Ivana Trump marries at The Donald's Florida estate... Heather Mills booed at Miss USA pageant... Michael Lohan airs gripes with ex Dina... Lawsuit says paparazzi gave Heath Ledger cocaine... Coroner says Christian Brando died of pneumonia.

Crime Watch: Foxy Brown due to be released from jail Friday.

Rumor Mill: Spears ex Adnan Ghalib stabbed by mystery man in L.A... Madonna says husband Guy Ritchie's cookie diet caused loss of sex drive... Tom Cruise worried about Katie Holmes's weight loss... George Clooney keeps an anti-marriage shrine at home... "Project Runway" judge Nina Garcia out at Elle.

Say What?
"'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other." -- Alicia Keys in the latest issue of Blender magazine

"The world is such a mess, what's needed is a new Whitesnake album!" -- Former Whitesnake frontman Dave Coverdale at a recent performance

By Liz Kelly  | April 14, 2008; 7:02 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Celeb-Reality Dream Team
Next: Fashion Check: Liev's Chops -- Well Done or Overcooked?

Comments

Today's main post may be a bit late because of an ill-timed vet appointment, but we'll get it up as close to the normal time (around 11 a.m. ET) as possible. Cheers.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | April 14, 2008 7:18 AM | Report abuse

Dave Coverdale is so right. Thank God Whitesnake is here to make things better.

Posted by: surlychick | April 14, 2008 7:55 AM | Report abuse

Dr Phil just makes me want to spit. What a creep.

Ignatius? Confederacy of Dunces much, Cate? Well, I guess it's better than Icharus...

Posted by: sunnydaze | April 14, 2008 8:02 AM | Report abuse

But is Matt Damon still f**king Sarah Siverman?

Posted by: yellojkt | April 14, 2008 8:15 AM | Report abuse

Er, Siverman.

Stephanie was always the annoying one. She grew up kind of cute. Just don't give me any news that will mess with my Kimmie fantasy.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 14, 2008 8:19 AM | Report abuse

Just when I'm ready to that most people have a screwed up sense of priorities and lack of good taste, something happens to restore my faith. Today that something is heckling and booing Heather Mills. Way to go America! I love you! I'm proud of you!

Posted by: methinks | April 14, 2008 8:48 AM | Report abuse

It's pretty great that Heather Mills was booed. I did not hear it over the TV, but I noticed the lack of clapping--- and the over compensation of clapping for Rob Schneider.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 14, 2008 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Dr. Phil is so classy, but not as classy as the parents of those girls who say their little angels are being victimized. I think they should all go to prison, including the boys.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 14, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Obviously, I omitted a word in my earlier comment:
Just when I'm ready to BELIEVE that most people have a screwed up sense of priorities and lack of good taste, something happens to restore my faith. (yadda yadda)

Posted by: methinks | April 14, 2008 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Suge Knight is gonna dangle Alicia Keys off a balcony if she keeps it up. And I love how her mom is quoted in that article: "That doesn't sound like Alicia!" Besides, she would have been about eight years old when gangsta hit the mainstream with "Straight Outta Compton." She probably wasn't that up to speed with it as a cultural phenomenon.

Posted by: 23112 | April 14, 2008 9:01 AM | Report abuse

hey Liz, in the interest of fairness, as you mocked the Olsens mercilessly last week, I think you should post a link to the US Weekly photo and caption noting that the WHOLE BRIDAL PARTY was asked to wear the makes BY THE BRIDE when they went from the ceremony to the reception.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 14, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

um, that would be masks. oops

Posted by: Anonymous | April 14, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Heather Mills probably should be booed everytime she steps outside.

That said, the people booing her were participating in an event which featured actual human beings being judged for what they look like. They're not exactly occupying any kind of moral high ground, are they?

Posted by: byoolin | April 14, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

I absolutely agree with your comment re: beauty pageants, byoolin. Nevertheless, I applaud the audience for their intelligence when it comes to Ms. Mills. Maybe they were all Beatles/Wings fans.

Posted by: methinks | April 14, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

...on the other hand, if they were booing her for being a one-legged, lopsided-boobed, horsey-faced cougar in a roomful of 18-to-21-year-old hotties, that's something else entirely.

Posted by: byoolin | April 14, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Why does Heather Mills think things will be better for her if she moves to the U.S.? We don't like one-legged gold diggers any more than Great Britian. I think the reception she recieved at the Miss USA pagent proved that.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 14, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Stephanie was always my favorite character because she was in the same grade as me. But after rewatching some of that show on Nick at Nite, there's not a single character I wouldn't want to kill with my bare hands.

Posted by: julia | April 14, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

julia, your comment shows a great deal of personal growth. I commend you.

Posted by: methinks | April 14, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Once I caught Jodie Sweetin hosting "Pants Off Dance Off" on cable (it wasn't on purpose!), I swore I'd never watch an episode of "Full House" again. Not that I ever did mind you, but still.

Posted by: td | April 14, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

From the Katie Holmes article:
"Tom worries Katie is being pulled down to that level and that'll have a knock-on effect for the both of them."

Pulled down? I'd say that about 2 seconds after she married that Xenu-loving troll her stock plummeted so hard that ole LRon heard it on the Mothership.

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 14, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Julia-I'm with you. I used to love "Full House" when I was young and impressionable (like 9 or 10), but if I see an episode now, it inspires violent tendencies.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | April 14, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

What exactly are the "daily chores" Spears has to run - picking up the drycleaning?

Posted by: Kris | April 14, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if one of the wedding rings in George Clooney's anti-marriage shrine is Brad Pitt's?

Posted by: possum | April 14, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I'm sorry to see that Neil Patrick Harris caved in to pressure from the producers of "How I Met Your Mother" to "clarify" his statements about Britney's cameo. He was totally correct that all the celebrity cameos killed "Will and Grace" and would ruin HIMYM's quirkiness. Britney was funny but once is enough.

Posted by: Woodbridge | April 14, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Having never watch HIMYM, I do agree with NPH. I was an avid viewer of Will & Grace, but stopped watching during the last couple of seasons. I didn't watch again until the final episode. Although I did like the episode with Matt Damon.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 14, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Please please please, Liz, include something about the Rock of Love finale in your main post!!!!

Posted by: Julie | April 14, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

From a CNN Poll:

Quick Vote
Heather Mills: Do you want to see more of her on TV?
Yes 2% 45
No 98% 1767
Total Votes: 1812

Posted by: Anonymous | April 14, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Stunt casting is just that, a stunt. It killed "Mad About You" (once a great show), it killed "Will & Grace" (always way too smug and look-at-me-aren't-i-funny? for my taste, but way more deadly with celebrity cameos).

And it'll probably kill "How I Met Your Mother" -- though Britney Spears, Mandy Moore, Enrique Iglesias and Heidi Klum aren't exactly A-list Oscar winners.

Perhaps "How I Met Your Mother" instead should fill the "Love Boat" and "Murder, She Wrote" void and feature Ann Miller, Debbie Reynolds, and whoever else from the MGM days are still alive and up for a cameo.

That'll kill the show for sure.

Posted by: td | April 14, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

I read NPH's comments in their original context here on Celebritology. He was right to clarify!

Posted by: other liz | April 14, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

OMG!!! I MISSED THE ROCK OF LOVE FINALE!!

**sigh**

Oh well, there's always the billion reruns I can catch, though I'm desperate to know who he picked.

I guess Daisy cause she had the most baggage & it wouldn't make sense for him to pick someone normal. Couldn't be a season 3 if he picked someone normal.

Speaking of Celebreality, what about the celebuspawn show on MTV with the kids of various musicians/singers/etc?

It's better than Idol IMHO!!

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 14, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

we have a justice system to determine guilt and innocence... in the case of the girls in florida - is there really a question? Did someone fake the video evidence? Is it a 'vast rightwing conspiracy' because they're bitter?

Were the girls contrite - that might earn them mercy points... but they are not. No, all they can be glad of is that we have a 'justice' system and not a 'vengeance' system - because there are few more deserving of a long beating with a lead pipe.

That Dr Phil swooped in to try to capitalize on this just lumps him into the same group.

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | April 14, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

RE: The Olsen twins' wedding masks, anon @ 9:16am wrote:

"the WHOLE BRIDAL PARTY was asked to wear the [masks] BY THE BRIDE when they went from the ceremony to the reception"

Umm, how does that make it any better?

Posted by: Huh? | April 14, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Julie | April 14, 2008 11:37 AM

I was waiting for a big-time meltdown when he announced his choice...guess we'll have to wait until the reunion show.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 14, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

re: The Olsen twins' wedding masks.

Shouldn't they be required to wear them every time they come out from under the bridge?

Posted by: jes | April 14, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I'm really excited for the Rock of Love reunion to see if they're still together. As much as I like them together, I'm going to miss watching it all on tv. Maybe a newlywed reality show to follow??

Posted by: Julie | April 14, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

I never heard of the LA craze cookie diet. Anyone out there can enlighten those of us hopelessly clueless?

Posted by: jlr | April 14, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Julie, I'm with you. I wonder what Liz has to say about Brett's choice as well. (SPOILER) I actually had a dream that I was in the house on the last day and Daisy wouldn't leave. But Ambre wanted my phone number to chat because she was nervous about going to live with Brett.

I think I'll blame the dream on being pregnant...

Posted by: to julie | April 14, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

it makws it better because the excoriating of the Olsens was all about how stupid they were and egotistical and just like Michael Jackson, drawing attention to themselves. As any of us know who have been forced by Bridezillas to do idiot things or wear revolting clothing, one does not blame the poor bridesmaids. The bride is the idiot. Liz made it seem as if this was some odd fashion choice by the Olsens, and the commenters laid into them accordingly. It looked stupid, but no worse than the purple taffeta monstrosity I had to wear as a bridesmaid.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 14, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Ignatius Martin Upton. WHY would you name anyone this. Poor baby.

Posted by: WI | April 14, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I would decline any wedding invitation that required me to wear a mask from the wedding to the reception. That's ridiculous.
Yes, the bride is a knucklehead for requesting it but I can't believe anyone actually put up with such nonsense.

Posted by: methinks | April 14, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Liz, I hope your animals are OK!! Was it Andy or Page? Sending purrs ...

Posted by: Californian | April 14, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

So have celebrities just stop using birth control?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 14, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

methinks, real easy for you to say. Read Hax or the Gouing Out Guru chats on a weekly basis and see what positions friends are put into when brides ask them to do things like wear matching t-shirts out bar hopping before the wedding, wear themed bridesmaid dresses (not joking--medieval is a big one), etc. This is a friend and she has gone bonkers. If you decline, she will go even more so, so you just do it. In most cases, magazines don't feature pcitures of the fiasco. In this case, one did, and so everyone can laugh, but trust me, it is not limited to the rich and famous.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 15, 2008 7:54 AM | Report abuse