Posted at 8:02 AM ET, 05/ 6/2008

Headlines: Scarlett Johansson, Ryan Reynolds Engaged

By Liz Kelly
Tuesday

Headlines: Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds engaged... Stars -- including Katie Holmes in traffic cone orange and royal blue and Anna Wintour in ram's head/superhero chic -- turn out for Costume Institute Gala... Britney Spears expected to attend custody hearing; tapes new appearance on "How I Met Your Mother"... Robert Downey Jr. signs on to "Iron Man" sequel... Prince capturing his "mystique" in new book... Mariah Carey sports bikini on new Vibe cover... Avril Lavigne postpones six U.S. tour dates... Dina Lohan named top Long Island mom... "The Office's" Angela Kinsey gives birth to baby girl... Vanessa Hudgens says Mary-Kate Olsen is a style icon... Photo: Amy Winehouse, defying all description.

Crime Watch: Jurors deliberate fate of alleged Uma Thurman stalker... Pete Doherty released from jail... Fan yanks 50 Cent's chain during concert.

Rumor Mill: Dennis Rodman checks into rehab... Matthew McConaughey to play Captain America?... Has John Mayer already moved on from Jennifer Aniston?... Nelson Mandela invites Amy Winehouse to play at birthday bash... Jet setter Barbara Walters brings hair and make-up team on book tour... Brangelina wedding rumors surface again.

Say What?
"What's a B+ mean? I'm an extremist. It's either pass or fail! A+ or F-! You know what, f**k you and the whole f*****g staff." -- Kanye West, reacts with his usual restraint to a negative concert review in Entertainment Weekly

By Liz Kelly  | May 6, 2008; 8:02 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Lindsay Lohan Begins 'Ugly Betty' Taping
Next: 10 Truths About Tom Cruise

Comments

I don't know if it's the Katie Holmes picture or the Amy Winehouse picture that did it, but the Daily Mail is now blocked by my company's firewall.

It's that sort of BS that drives people to drugs and Scientology in the first place.

Posted by: byoolin | May 6, 2008 8:41 AM | Report abuse

OT to ep (just read comments from yesterday): If you are taking the VA Bar, never, ever, ever, refer to it as the "State of Virginia" 'tis always a commonwealth - those crazy bar examiners can be very sensitive.

Posted by: Betty | May 6, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

FLASH QUIZ! One of these is not like the other:

Coco Chanel
Jacqueline Onassis
Mary-Kate Olsen
Audrey Hepburn

The winner gets his or her choice of: (a) an autographed picture of Vanessa Hudgens nude, or (b) an autographed picture of Vanessa Hudgens with her fool yap shut.

Posted by: byoolin | May 6, 2008 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Katie's being assisted by the parking attendant...uh, no wait that's Tom. If Anna Wintour looks like a B movie space villain, then the girl beside her is the planetary princess she is casting a spell over. (But it really is a lovely dress, all dove gray and gossamer. She looks like she just tucked her fairy wings under the bodice.)

Posted by: rachelt | May 6, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Well I had to check out the pictures since they were deigned too hot for Byoolin's work. The Wimehouse pictures just made me sad - I really want her to get it together. She's so incredibly talented and wealthy, you would think she'd have any resource available that she wanted. The key is she would have to want it. She is so rail thin, her non-beehived hair had bald spots, and she seemed to have forgotten to wear a shirt again.

And my favorite thing about the TomKat pictures was that they were on a staircase and he was a few steps above her. I'm sure that pose was no accident.

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | May 6, 2008 9:01 AM | Report abuse

i'll take your quiz byoolin. is the answer mary kate "i look like i live in a trash can" olsen?

ah kanye west, you are a class act my friend. a real jewel of society. and he wonders why he doesn't get more favorable press. really, it's not that hard.

Posted by: melissamac1 | May 6, 2008 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin:

Gosh, I was already to answer your quiz and then I saw the prize. Keep both pictures for your replacement of the smut your mother made you burn collection.

Posted by: Amelia | May 6, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

melissamac1, that sound you hear is the winner's bell! (Either that, or the fries are done.)

The prize of your choice is freely available on the Internekkid.

Posted by: byoolin | May 6, 2008 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Who's got Amy Winehouse in the Death Pool? Cripes, maybe Britney's parents can help her.

Boy, Ryan Reynolds & ScarJo are gonna make reeeeaaallly pretty babies. Even if they never get married they should breed anyway.

Saw Robert Downey Jr. last nite on Leno & I gotta say, he's lookin' good & I <3 him more every day.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 6, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Nice one, Amelia! Your prize is your choice of: (a) a picture of Matthew McConaughey wearing Captain America underpants, or (b) a picture of Matthew McConaughey acting.

[Disclaimer: No examples of (a) or (b) are yet known to exist, so this may take a while.]

Posted by: byoolin | May 6, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Katie, girl, you have got stop letting the aliens dress you.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 6, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Only Amy Winehouse could make Keith Richards look healthy.

Posted by: Stick | May 6, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

re: Brangelina wedding rumors, didn't Brad Pitt say in the press that until gays can legally marry that he and Angelina won't get married? Why are there constant rumors when he's basically said it ain't gonna happen.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 6, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

"Ryan Reynolds & ScarJo are gonna make reeeeaaallly pretty babies."

Bored, Sasquatch and ScarJo would make reeeeaaallly pretty babies.

Posted by: byoolin | May 6, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

"Bored, Sasquatch and ScarJo would make reeeeaaallly pretty babies."

Or at least reeeeaaallly hairy babies.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 6, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Kanye. And people were calling Lebron James a crybaby.

Posted by: different liz | May 6, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Anonymous @ 9:17:

Brad and Angie could get married in the Netherlands -- kind of fits in with their globe-trotting family-building enterprise, no?

Posted by: 44west | May 6, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I'm so glad White Oprah won an award for best mother of the year. Seriously, she's a positive role model for all parents out there.

Posted by: White Oprah | May 6, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Oh my goodness, those Brits (et. al.) are funny yet again -- anyone else read through the AW comments?

I think these are my faves, but it was hard -- they're really good:

What a mess. If she wasn't already in the public eye, you wouldn't give her a second glance, other than to throw her a pound for a coffee!

- Sara, Hampshire

She maybe a brilliant singer, but she was certainly at the back of the queue when looks where handed out, and she doesn't help herself with the use of drugs and that hair-do, it may be unique but god it's awful.

- Martin, Dawlish

She looks semi-Neanderthal and in need of a good hosing down with disinfectant.

- Glyn, Southampton, UK.

If I didn't know any better, I would have easily mistaken her for Keith Richards.

- Helana, London

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 6, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

And is anyone else just sick of pretentious Brangelina? Why does she need to give birth in different countries? Why do they need to frantically move around the world like ancient wanderers? Why do they need to carry their children who are no longer toddlers everywhere? Why do they seem to seek publicity? And their comments on marriage seem so...pretentionous b/c they have both BEEN MARRIED BEFORE!! Where was their stand on "until everyone can get married" back then????

Their coverage has reached Britney-during-the-breakdown saturation.

And Byoolin, I know you won't find those pictures, but if you do, keep them anyway - I think they would also fall into the "smut" category.

Posted by: Amelia | May 6, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Honestly, is it Amy or a Cro-Magnon diorama from the museum?

Posted by: possum | May 6, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Liz, I'd like to talk about the Tom Cruise love fest on Oprah yesterday. These are the main points to cover:

1. Why are Will and Jada Smith so shockingly skinny?

2. Do you think Tom sings "You've lost that loving feeling" at every possible occasion including (but not limited to) Flag Day?

3. Would you rather watch 25 years of Tom Cruise movies back to back or suffer through a really bad, blistery sunburn?

Posted by: KG | May 6, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

No, Amelia, no one else is tired of the pretension of Brangelina. Well, maybe there are some people out there with nothing better to do, but I'm the one at the keyboard, so I'll just speak for all of us.

I've been married for years, but if I were coming at the question right now, in today's societal and political climate, I might also be tempted to make a stand on behalf of those who are afforded fewer rights. I didn't think about it when I was 22. I'd make a different decision now.

Posted by: CoHi | May 6, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

I can barely manage 30 minutes of a Tom Cruise movie. 25 years? I'd rather be waterboarded.

Posted by: byoolin | May 6, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

New Rule (for myself): Never look at Winehouse pictures before breakfast. She is indeed an amazing singer, but CLEARLY on the personal level is a total mess.

Katie Holmes: Too much fake tan (I guess they thought the intense color of the dress would not work on pale skin), but the overall effect of the fluorescent orange dress and orange skin didn't do it for me.

Maybe I'm just horribly cynical, but I saw the ScarJo engaged headline and thought, "They are about 8 weeks from a bombastic breakup."

Here's someone that needs to go away: Barbara Walters -- didn't want to hear about her and Rosie discussing (eck) astroglide, didn't want to hear about her fallouts with Rosie or Star, didn't want to hear about her crusty, 30-year old love affairs, didn't want to hear about her plastic surgery...

...Come to think of it, don't want to hear about her at all! (Wasn't there a time when she was a [ahem] respected journalist?) No class, Barbara, no class at all.

Posted by: NW DC | May 6, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, I'm with CoHi on Brangelina.

Posted by: h3 | May 6, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

No, Amelia, I don't think I'll ever get sick of Brangelina. Tip: Don't read the stories; just look at the pretty pictures.

Posted by: Hecha | May 6, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Katie's shoes are ridiculously hideous. As if the dress is not bad enough, the shoes are super bad. And Tom looks more freaky than usual, which I did not think was possible.

Posted by: Those shoes are bad | May 6, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Maybe I'm just being a contrarian, but I happen to think Katie looks fab in that orange dress. And, I sort of agree with Kanye's point, i.e., if his point was that Entertainment Weekly is hardly qualified to give out grades for musical performances.

BTW, did I miss the winner of the Tim McGraw Creative Captioning Contest?

Posted by: still | May 6, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Betty, I am taking MD. I did not want to take the bar in a suit and sneakers.

I must have missed the news that Vanessa Hudgens lost her sight. Poor thing.

Posted by: ep | May 6, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I'm working from home this week so I could have watched wee Tom on Oprah yesterday. The promo they played during every commercial break yesterday had Oprah giggling like a school girl which made me nauseous so I spent that hour on my new diet.

Posted by: jes | May 6, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

"Apparently all the other mothers on Long Island are serial killers or some such."

Well, the few comments on the Newsday story don't reflect any support for her, so I don't know who/what voted!

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 6, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

"And, I've got a child. If I were constantly surrounded by the mobs of scary-crazy fans and paparrazi that follow the Jolie-Pitt family around, (a good reason to flee the country in and of itself) I'd be tempted to keep a pretty short leash on my little one, too. Up to and including carrying her in my arms, depending on the situation. "

Are you serious??? You really think "crazy paparazzi" follow stars around? uh uh... Brangelina *invite* them. They are staged photo-ops, very convenient, so that they can capture the 'perfect' moment, like brad and zahara in central park.. or going to buy toys and such like.
I am so sick of people being so naive about stars. Stars have PR people up the wazooo.. they premeditate almost every move. That's why you see so much of pretentious brangelina and so less of people like meryl streep or reese witherspoon.
People... open your eyes. Stop being so sympathetic to the stars. You are being played... they play you every day. Every second you skip studying for finals and log on to this website, every time you pick up people magazine.
LOL.

Posted by: jeez | May 6, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

KG, stay tuned for today's main post -- all about Tom Cruise on Oprah.

And the winners of the Tim McGraw captioning exercise will be shared tomorrow.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | May 6, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

I think jeez wandered into the wrong blog...

Posted by: jes | May 6, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

1. "jeez," chill out. 2. most of us commenters are a little past studying for finals. Unless by "finals" you mean "the bar." and 3. Ok, even if the crowds are invited, carrying a small child past them isn't the worst idea ever.

I need a ruling from the style gods: commenters or commentors? I like the look of the latter.

Posted by: h3 | May 6, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

"jeez", you should watch that new Ashton Kutcher show once or twice, where the stars go and do tabloid-worthy things just for funsies. These photographers hang around outside their homes, waiting for them to leave, then follow them around. The reason Meryl Streep doesn't get this kind of attention is because she's old and doesn't do anything newsworthy. (Reese Witherspoon is frequently photographed at the grocery store... carrying her child in her arms.) If you're hot and co-habitating with someone hotter, there's nothing you can do to avoid the tabloids. Might as well make the most of it by publicizing important issues, like human rights, for example.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 6, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

I'm with you Amelia. I'm sick of Brangelina. If you don't want to be in the spotlight don't spout how wonderful you are or that your blood child is a blob compared to your adopted children. Why is she even having more kids? There are plenty of others who are trying to save the planet. Some forgo a car and bike or take the metro to work or walk to work. Recyle, etc. Use cloth diapers. Hmmm..that would be an interesting question for Brangelina. Do you use cloth or disposable diapers? Do you even change your own kids diapers? Or is it that they just kid the kid from the nannies for the right photo op? We'll learn all this in about 10 years time when their kids hit the news for running around w/no underwear on and shaving their heads.

Posted by: no_bs4me | May 6, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Hey - everybody carm down. Usually I come to here for a chuckle - but today it's a bit of a buzzkill. What the heck is going on?

Posted by: What's happening here? | May 6, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

" most of us commenters are a little past studying for finals. Unless by "finals" you mean "the bar."

ummm... heard of graduate students? The ones over 25 ? More like 27-30? Who still take finals because they need to get masters or phds ? Yeah there are some of them here too...

I am not debating the merits of publicity or invited press or carrying children. I am merely saying thet thinking that hoards of paparazzi go around stalking stars is pretty silly. Most pictures are premeditated. The stars know they will be pictured.
That's all.

Posted by: jeez | May 6, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Except for Brittney. I think she was seriously stalked.
okay that's all.

Posted by: jeez again | May 6, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Wait, I'm not hairy nor a guy, but I do like hairy chested men, ScarJo's "assets" & even though he's got a smooth chest I lust after her fiance.

He's like a young Jason Lee without the hairy chest & sucky Chipmunk movie.

My only beef with Brangelina is their constant travel. Aren't some of the kids school age? Yes they can afford all kinds of home schooling/nanny/teacher stuff but it just seems like they can't put down roots.

Kids at that age can't really appreciate all the great stuff they're seeing, kids at that age remember the bag of Cheetos they had or the hot dog they got while on the plane.

Of course this is the view of someone who's lived on the same street, same little town all her life.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 6, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

And back to the important stuff: I don't think that orange that Katie is wearing would flatter anyone. And the shoes. Don't they look like the shoes from that old easy spirit commercial, where the gals are playing basketball in bright blue heels??

Anna Wintour just looks stupid, but my oh my... the dress the other woman is wearing... now THAT'S a ballgown. That's every girl's fairy princess fantasy gown.

Posted by: CoHi | May 6, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Except for britney. I think she was seriously being stalked.

But definitely not the jolie-pitt clan. I think they arrange everything.
okay that's all. carry on.

Posted by: jeez again | May 6, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

That emptiness in my heart is void left by ScarJo's impending nuptials. I thought I would never love again after Jessica Alba got preggers and now that dream is shattered as well.

Natalie Portman, wait for me.

Posted by: yellojkt | May 6, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

I love how Tom poses three steps higher than Katie. A carry-over habit from his Nicole days.

Posted by: yellojkt | May 6, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Is Matthew M. just too smelly to be Captain America?

Posted by: What's happening here? | May 6, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

It seems that Brangelina brings out the angries even among the regular commente/ors. (I can't help it! She triggers my overactive sense of fairness somehow!) Yo fatties, and I include myself, carm down!

Posted by: h3 | May 6, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Mary Kate: You really should wear clothes.

Vanessa: You are a **genius!** I wish I had thought of that.

Posted by: yellojkt | May 6, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

I know it is shocking to many people on this site but Mary Kate Olsen is considered a style icon. She is a icon many young women(not me of course) who are into "boho look"
P.S. I love Katie's tangerine dress and blue shoes.

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 6, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: michael | May 6, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

"jeez, if people want to spend their time here instead of studying, what's it to you?"

Nothing.. I am one of them..! Now if I could only tear myself away.

Posted by: jeez | May 6, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

i like kate's orange dress - apparently those invited to the ball had to dress up like a "superhero" thus the atypical colors/styles.

if dina "white oprah" gets a mother of the year award, shouldnt lynne spears get an honorable mention?

Posted by: Shakes, VA | May 6, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Gosh, sorry I upset everyone but I guess I do think that the dragging the children around the planet FOREVER is odd. If Brangelina want to avoid the paparazzi, move to a huge estate somewhere, anywhere, and buy yourself some security. Why not an island? And why not put the children in some school - any school - for a period of time?

If they don't like today's political and social climate, why not go move somewhere that you do? Is there nowhere in the world that would live up to their lofty aspirations? Why not go to Tibet and support the protesting Monks? How about to some country where their children are from and acclimate yourself to that culture by becoming a part of it and then work to improve issues?

But the flying around and lecturing everyone is annoying.

Posted by: Amelia | May 6, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

I think the AP reads this blog! There is a CNN article about Ms. Insouciant and her spiked shoes in the top headlines:

Speaking of shoes, I too love Katie Holmes dress and shoes. She is fashion perfection for the event - it is a costume gala after all. She looks lovely.

Posted by: LitMajor | May 6, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I definitely think they're stalked. Pictures of the right star, pairing or baby can fetch hundreds of thousands. With that kind of incentive, why would paparazzi wait for a call? Why would you call the paparazzi for your first date with someone, celeb or not. Some would, but we've all seen it, and it makes sense. It's smart of the Pitt-Jolies to schedule it and I'd sure as sh-t hold on to my kid in a pack of strangers..

The constant travelling is another issue. Army brats do it, and seem to grow up ok. And we've all seen pictures of Maddox getting picked up at school in Paris by "invited" paparazzi. (Well I have, but I did know Scarlett and Ryan were dating, so I might have more of a "problem" than some of you).

And jeez, graduate students study, but not to the exclusion of all else generally. We all have "better" stuff to do, but as we've pointed out time and time again:
1. You're here.
2. You've obviously checking back for responses because you're responding to those responses.
3. And if we were all making perfectly efficient and superior use of our time, we'd all be working civic-minded jobs and loading our free time with charity and QT with the family. Come on.

Posted by: Sigh | May 6, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

"But the flying around and lecturing everyone is annoying"

so is lecturing people about celebrities on a entertainment blog. Move on

Posted by: Anonymous | May 6, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

jeez, you're not a celebritology reader are you? Not only did Brit Brit call the paps re: her whereabouts, she dated one for a short time.

Now back to the snarkiness that is Celebritology. The new post is up, I'm going over there for awhile. Its all about Tom, yippeee!!!

Posted by: jeez, you're a buzzkill | May 6, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

But Amelia...why do they upset *you* so much? Nobody's making you or your children fly around the world.

This is actually a serious celebritology question masquerading as snark: What makes people so annoyed about the choices of complete strangers?

Posted by: h3 | May 6, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

I was wondering why I've managed to avoid the papps when I'm pumping gas, running carpool, and wiping poopy butts at the park, and Brangelina and Reese cannot!

I thought I was still hot (my husband tells me so) and now I find out that I'm just plain OLD at 40!!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 6, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

h3:

I guess the same reason other people seem so annoyed by Tom Cruise.

goody, I'm gonna go read their comments now!

Posted by: Amelia | May 6, 2008 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I generally get annoyed by irresposibility and shallowness. (Paris (but still oddly like her), the celeb DUI parade).

But, there's nothing to indicate those Brangelinga children aren't completely loved and cared for. When Angelina just had Maddox, she was almost never in a picture without him. Everyone has faults and strengths, and people definitely seem to focus on either-or with her...

Posted by: Sigh | May 6, 2008 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Heh, Amelia, good point. I guess the difference is, Tom Cruise doesn't seem to have any defenders. I guess I'll go hover over there for the rest of the day and see if any appear....

Posted by: h3 | May 6, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

maybe they're trying to be the change they wish to see in the world....

Posted by: b | May 6, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Amelia

You just made a major mistake on this blog. Never, ever say anything about Angelina, her children, the blob, or Brad. You can talk about Jennifer like she is a dog though. :)

Posted by: Anonymous | May 6, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Shakes, VA | May 6, 2008 10:49 AM
--------------

On the radio this morning (101.9) one the DJs asked the same question. Answer: Lynne Spears isn't from Long Island.

Posted by: td | May 6, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

I think Tom wears those little waistcoat things to cover up his girdle ("body minimizer"). We need to get a big syringe, suck some fat outta Tom, and inject it into poor Katie.

Posted by: possum | May 6, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I can't even be snarky about Amy Winehouse. Just gives me the shudders. There's nothing good there.

Now, let's talk Robert Downey Jr. Saw "Iron Man" this weekend - LOVED it!! Love him. Am fully prepared to love the sequel.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 6, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Tom-crazy looks like her butler, but Katie looks fab. Only she could pull that outfit off! Gotta give the girl credit for fashion guts, even if in her personal life she's a robot.

Scarlett, Scarlett, Scarlett, WHAT are you thinking? You're young, hotter than chili peppers in July and don't care for monogamy. Live it up, girl! You have the rest of your life to get married. I'm guessing she's pregnant.

Nice way to cover up the fact that Angie won't marry you, Brad. 'Cept Charlize Theron got there first with the line about gay marriage.

Posted by: Californian | May 6, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I figured it out. If someone is attacked often (Angelina, Tom Cruise), you want to rush to defend them. With Angelina, you have things to say to make your case, and when you make your case, you start to believe it. It's human nature. But with Tom Cruise, there's really just nothing to say. And when you start butting into peoples' religious beliefs, they certainly recoil...

Nothing against Aniston, here.

Posted by: Sigh | May 6, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

If Brangelina "want to be the change they wish to see in the world", stop breeding and using so many resources. They fly more in a month than most people do in a lifetime, have numerous houses, etc. etc. etc.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 6, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Sigh, I think you've got it right. The well of Angie-hatred makes me want to argue for her. While Tom Cruise? Dude's a nutcase. Or not. Who cares. And actually I don't think that many people waste a lot of time hating him, either - I think he gets more of a big WTF.

Posted by: h3 | May 6, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

WDC 21113- I LOVE reading the snarky remarks made by the Brits. Amy Winehouse is a hot mess & I agree w/the Brit poster that said she looked like the missing link in those pics. She has an awesome voice but it is unbelievable to me that Nelson Mandela or anyone would invite her to sing at a party. Will she be able to pull it together?

Oh and Kanye- STFU already! Dude is in love with his own shadow- that is a critics job, to critique and not listen to what he has to say.

While I'm not exactly sick of Brangelina, I did wonder why they have to traipse all over the place to find a home for their growing brood- don't they have about 6 or 7 homes at this point?

Posted by: plamar1031 | May 6, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Anonymous @ 9:17

Posted by: soso | May 6, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

"Remember when Angelina said something to the effect of she wouldn't have biological children while there were so many kids who needed to be adopted?"

Posted by: soso | May 6, 2008 1:12 PM

Was this before or after she got a hold of some of that Brad Pitt seed?

Posted by: Anonymous @ 9:17 | May 6, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Anon 9:17 asks:

"Was this before or after she got a hold of some of that Brad Pitt seed?"

---------------------------------------

Before.

Afterwards, her only comment was "Ptoooey!"

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 6, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Just occurred to me to look at the Met Costume Gala site to see the pix of Katie et al. (Take that, IT department Daily Mail haters!)

She looks like a six-foot-tall traffic cone.

Posted by: byoolin is hard of thinking today. | May 6, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I agree. Matthew M. is just too smelly to be Captain America. Not a good choice at all. Not to mention the not being able to act thing that's also been pointed out.

Angelina Jolie does seem oddly restless. If she wants to get away from the paps, why doesn't she just get a big old ranch somewhere in Wyoming for the clan to settle? Seems like the she could figure out a way to do it so the kids could have both some protection and some stability. I don't know why she's always uprooting everyone and dragging them from one location to the next like some gypsy caravan. (And I say "she" because she does appear to be the impetus.) It's great to be able to see the world and experience new things, but not if you're just running away.

I saw Jonny Lee Miller in a rerun of Mansfield Park on TV this weekend. (Not to mention Eli Stone.) I suspect he's thinking he had a narrow escape from Neverland.

Posted by: alex | May 6, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

And if you want to see real orange - see the pick of ScarJo with Dolce and Gabbana, one of whom has a complexion that George Hamilton IV would envy.

Posted by: byoolin | May 6, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

I, too, believe that same sex marriage should be legal, however, are brad and angie so mind-numbingly awesome that the lawmakers take a second to pull their heads from their arses and say "Oh crap! brad and Angie won't marry? Quick! Pull an emergency session and lets change the marriage laws!"...?

However, I cannot stop reading things about them, so maybe they are on to something...

Posted by: Osteph | May 6, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Damn... I make a conscious attempt to avoid Celebritology for a few months and get some actual work done (at the suggestion of my manager), and what do I discover on my first day back? That this quiet and friendly, little looney bin has gone completely, barking mad!

Liz? byoolin? Who are these people and what horrific psychological tragedy have they shared??

Posted by: HelenaHandbasket | May 6, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jaybbub | May 6, 2008 12:29 PM

Jaybbub, you're reading my mind...stop that. Also saw Iron Man this weekend and can I just say, RDJr is dead sexy? Wow. Props to his trainer who put twenty pounds of muscle on him, he looks awesome, but its the man's style.

For anyone who is resisting because they don't like "comic book" movies, I dragged my friend (female, NOT into action or comic book films) and she can't stop talking about it--a real testament, trust me.

Posted by: hermespal | May 6, 2008 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Oh, Helena. You've missed so much. Go back and find the Miley Cyrus comments.

Posted by: h3 | May 6, 2008 7:49 PM | Report abuse