Posted at 7:51 AM ET, 05/28/2008

Morning Mix: Britney Reportedly Dating, Y'All

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Patrick Swayze says he's responding well to cancer treatment... Shiloh Jolie-Pitt turns two... Kirsten Dunst says she went to rehab for "depression"... Michael Lohan says he doesn't care if Lindsay's gay... Martin Sheen tells AARP crowd all about son Charlie's drug use... James Gandolfini selling "Sopranos" wardrobe for charity... Producer turned rapper turned designer and, now, screenwriter Diddy inspired by Cannes... Jena Malone ("Donnie Darko") invents instrument, busks... Kim Catrall hopes for second "Sex and the City" movie... Rapper Xzibit loses newborn son... Tori Spelling to cameo on "90210" spin-off... Kirk Cameron ("Growing Pains") says he can sympathize with Lindsay and Britney... Sanjaya Malakar films insurance company ad... Flavor Flav engaged... Kate Beckinsale hits the beach in heels.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears dating talent agent... Dylan McDermott acting as his own lawyer in divorce... Brangelina only renting $60 million French estate.

By Liz Kelly  | May 28, 2008; 7:51 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Insta-Poll: Miley's Mileage?
Next: Reality Check: Living La Vida Lohan

Comments

Shiloh, when I was young, I used to call your name, when no one else would come, Shiloh you always came.

Posted by: N. Diamond | May 28, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

And double congratulations for being original enough to do it in *that* order, unlike all the other wannabes who do it the other way around.

Posted by: byoolin | May 28, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

There has got to be a joke about Diddy sampling other screenwriters, I just can't think of it. Can someone help a sista out?

Posted by: Diddy...screewriter? Ha! | May 28, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

And "Jena Malone and her bloodstains" is a GREAT name for a band.

I can't wait to see her whip out a shoe onstage.

Posted by: byoolin | May 28, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Good news for Kim Catrall: there will be a second "Sex and the City" movie.

It will be called "The Golden Girls."

Posted by: byoolin | May 28, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Please don't insult the Golden Girls like that!

Posted by: Tdot | May 28, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

"'I think Scientology is kooky,' Kirk says."

This from the guy who runs The Way of the Master Christian Ministries and appears in videos like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7LXn4KSrM

Posted by: julia | May 28, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

I'm not having much luck thinking of a Diddy/screenwriter joke. (Best I could come up was something along the lines of "puff piece" but not much there.)

Martin Sheen: "When a life is at stake and it's your child, you become fearless in a lot of ways. I mean, you just become fanatic," the 67-year-old actor says in the July/August issue of AARP The Magazine. "Nothing ever gets done unless it's done by a fanatic."

If we substituted "grandchildren" for "child" here, maybe we could enlist his help in getting Charlie and Denise to shut up.

Posted by: td | May 28, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Yay Patrick! Upbeat, positive, optimistic. Love you.

Michael Lohan - that makes 2 of us who don't care. I mean, I REALLY DON'T CARE.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 28, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

I'm more stunned by the fact that Kirk Cameron is 37 and has six kids. I admire his devotion to his faith; he takes flack for it, sure, but he owns it.

As for his advice, Kirk didn't do "Growing Pains" during the internet age when the tiniest bit of information is blasted worldwide in seconds.

Regarding this comment: "Every decision that you make is going to be affecting millions of people and millions of dollars," I think he's overestimated the importance of an 80s sitcom for the world at large.

Posted by: td, more of a brady-bunch-era kid | May 28, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

I don't know td, ALF changed my life in many ways.

Posted by: michael | May 28, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

michael, touché. I stand corrected!

Posted by: td | May 28, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I was shocked to read that Kirk Cameron is 37 with six kids! I always think of him as twelve.

I must admit to being kinda fascinated with the whole Sex and the City fantasy world. But I do think that Kim Catrell's next SATC movie should be called "Sex and the City and the AARP."

Posted by: Sappho | May 28, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Angelina could buy food for millions of people for the cost of the place she is renting.

But, you know, she deserves it.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 28, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Dylan sweetie, you are not a lawyer, you played one on TV on a show where you were slightly less animated than Clarence Darrow is now.

Posted by: jes | May 28, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Kirsten is not dating Ryan Gosling? What the heck is wrong with that girl?!

Posted by: possum | May 28, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

If I were in Jason Trawik's shoes, and I wanted to see crabs, I'd watch Deadliest Catch.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 28, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

what's with angelina jolie feeding her kids all that junk food? everytime i see them in the tabloids, they're holding cheese doodles. or is that just the same pic over and over? still, i would have pegged her for a more attentive, earth mom.

Posted by: wats | May 28, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Well, Kate Beckinsale, we know your profession. Now we're haggling over your price.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 28, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Darn it, wats, you took my comment. Although I was going to ask, based on the kid's dirty face and the Cheetos bag, if Angelina was babysitting for Britney.

Posted by: epony | May 28, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

I thought Kirsten was in rehab largely due to the weed and drunken nights. Come to find out she was depressed. Hmmmmmmm.

Posted by: petal | May 28, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Guess we all thought that Angie would feed her kids organic foods and such...but I guess they are just regular kids. Who doesn't enjoy a cheeto every now and then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bean sprout | May 28, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Cheeto to the tune of 13 exclamation points.

Posted by: epony to bean sprout | May 28, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

You know your religion has gotta have something wrong with it when Mike Seaver calls it "kooky."

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 28, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

I confess, there are times I've been desperate enough for junk food that a Cheeto easily merited 13 exclamation points.

Posted by: totally leaving my name off this one | May 28, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

cheetos are just a gateway ...after that, they'll be hoovering funyuns, bugles, fritos, washing it all down with yoo hoos. where does it end? mark my words: shiloh is going to wind up on celebrity fit club, duking it out with sean preston.

Posted by: wats | May 28, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Great, now all i want to do is spend my day eating Cheetos and surfing the interwebs.

Posted by: michael | May 28, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | May 28, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Britney and the talent agent were "photographed frolicking on the beach together and riding a four-wheeler." Hmm.

1) They were scouting locations for her new movie, "How to Stuff a Wild Bikini-Clad Out-of-Control Pop Star."

2) Their Big Wheels were in the shop.

3) Britney Spears and a talent agent walk into a bar. The bartender says "why the long face?" The agent says, "I know I should be happy, right? At least Britney wasn't the one DRIVING the four-wheeler!"

I got nothing. I defer to byoolin.

Posted by: td, for 1:22 PM | May 28, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin worte: "Congratulations, Tori, on your successful transformation from starring in a hit tv show to reality-show host to extra!"

Interesting that Tori Spelling's career trajectory has been directly proportionate to her father's health. If it weren't for the void of so many cable channels needing filler from D-List has-beens, I'm pretty sure she'd be working craft services at this point in her "career".

Posted by: WoW | May 28, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

anon at 1:22 asks:

"Britney Spears and a talent agent - hmm, there is a joke in there somewhere. I'm just not clever enough to think of it. Byoolin? td? Where are you guys?"
------------------------------------------

See my recent comment about Jason Trawik and the Deadliest Catch.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 28, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Kirsten Dunst was depressed because the price of BC Bud went through the roof.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 28, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Sasquatch, I didn't get that Trawik was the talent agent when I read your earlier comment. You got it!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 28, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

I've lusted after Britney ever since she played a Catholic schoolgirl in that music video. Now that's she's old, washed up, and no other K-Fed will have her, I *finally* have my chance.

Maybe I can cast her in a few SciFi channel movies?

Posted by: Jason Trawik | May 28, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

wats--Wow. What a visual. Sorta like a young Chastity Bono just waiting to grow up (and keep growing and growing). I'm putting down my Cheetos bag now.

Posted by: totally | May 28, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Congrats to Patrick Swayze on his amazing recovery and all...but...buying a diamond for your wife at Kenny G and Co? Kenny G sells diamonds? Does his insipid music play in the background?

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | May 28, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm terribly sorry for the loss of Xzibit's newborn son.

I'm also troubled that in four different news announcements, the child's mother was never mentioned, let alone named. There had to be a mother involved in the birth -- and she can be mentioned as briefly as "Xzibit's son with girlfriend (or wife or ex-GF) NAME."

Posted by: Chris | May 28, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

MoCoSnarky asks:

"Kenny G sells diamonds? Does his insipid music play in the background?"

Would you rather have Ronnie (800-HER-LOVE) Mervis? Pick your poison.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 28, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

"cheetos are just a gateway ...after that, they'll be hoovering funyuns, bugles, fritos, washing it all down with yoo hoos. ..."

Don't forget McDonald's. I was reading some celeb magazine while waiting for my hairstylist, and there was a photo of Angelina and one of the numerous children in the back of a limo at a McD's drive-thru in France. Their driver was handing a number of enormous McDonald's bags (the kind that look like shopping bags with handles -- didn't even know McD's had bags that big) to Angelina in the back.

At least Angelina feeds her kids, if not herself.

Posted by: Junk Food for all! | May 28, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chris | May 28, 2008 4:13 PM (re: the Xhibit story)
"She may not be a celebrity, but she is a mourning mother. She deserves more than anonymity."

Yeah, but what if she wants anonymity? What if, in her time of grief, she's okay with the idea that not everybody needs to know her name and what she's gone through? How many times have people, in the comments section of this very blog, bemoaned invasion(s) of privacy, particularly in a time of extreme grief? And particularly in instances where the person receiving the attention hadn't asked for it? Isn't this one of those instances?

Have we really become so enamored of celebrity that we think it's wrong that someone didn't get their name in the paper, no matter what the reason?

Honestly, I think the 'bloids got this one right.

Posted by: Huh? | May 28, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chris | May 28, 2008 4:13 PM"

Actually I was impressed that her name wasn't mentioned, nor photo posted. Not everyone that marries (or has a relationship with) a famous person wants the notoriety that comes along with it. I applaude Mrs. Xibit (or Baby Mama).

Posted by: Anonymous | May 28, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

I so can't beleive no one has come across this yet. I'm sure Liz Kelly will post it tomorrow, but for you George Clooney fans Christmas has come early.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 28, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

I would just like to say that if Sarah Larson needs someone to console her through this difficult time, I will gladly volunteer.

Posted by: michael | May 28, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Michael -
I would just like to say that if George Clooney needs someone to console her through this difficult time, I will gladly volunteer.

Posted by: jlr | May 28, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

NOT a Clooney fan. I get that he wants to have that Cary Grant, international playboy vibe going, but I'm really turned off by the serial dating thing. I think Larson was his longest relationship in years and she's 27--decades younger than he is. It's just starting to feel . . . off.

Posted by: alex | May 28, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse