Posted at 7:48 AM ET, 05/16/2008

Morning Mix: Britney Vacations With Mel Gibson

By Liz Kelly

Joey Fatone dons a blue Marge Simpson wig at the opening of 'The Simpsons Ride' at Universal Orlando Resort on Thursday. (AP)
Friday

Headlines: Britney Spears and dad join Mel Gibson in Costa Rica... Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi plan to marry... Angelina Jolie may give birth in France... Lily Allen over-indulges at Cannes event... Shania Twain and husband Mutt Lange split... We're just a regular family, say Ali and Dina Lohan... Kristin Davis opens up about alcoholism... Taylor Hicks following fellow "Idol" alum Clay Aiken to Broadway... Heidi Fleiss shares her trailer home with 20 birds... Rob Lowe wants some of nanny's claims dismissed... Charles Barkley says he'll pay $400,000 gambling debt... Hugh Grant and Elizabeth Hurley win damages from photo agencies.

Crime Watch: Hollywood private eye Anthony Pellicano convicted... Dennis Rodman charged with domestic violence... DMX enters not guilty plea for drug possession and animal cruelty charges... Jury selection complete in R. Kelly trial.

Rumor Mill: Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson split again?... Laura Dern returning in fourth "Jurassic Park" movie.

By Liz Kelly  | May 16, 2008; 7:48 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: For Oprah, the Golden Touch
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: There's No Place Like Home, Part 1

Comments

So now Heidi Fleiss is being charged with keeping a common birdy-house?

Dennis Rodman: be sure to wear your prettiest dress to the trial.

Charles Barkley: I've got $5 that says you *won't* pay your gambling debt.

"Taylor Hicks following fellow "Idol" alum Clay Aiken to Broadway"... and then into obscurity.

Posted by: byoolin | May 16, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Mel Gibson is mentoring Britney Spears?? Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?

I must say that after reading that article, I kind of like Heidi Fleiss. She seems to have pretty good attitude about her life, while I would find a trailor full of parrots to be really creepy (common birdy-house, HA!), it's nice that she rescued these animals when really she herself is need of some rescue.

I guess Charles Barkley likes his knee caps right where they are?

Posted by: sunnydaze | May 16, 2008 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Jeez, I'm O for None.

Posted by: omni | May 16, 2008 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Unanswered question: When Mel & Britney go out to see the sights, who's going to drive?

Posted by: byoolin | May 16, 2008 8:47 AM | Report abuse

I think you meant a sign of the Apocalypto, sunnydaze.

Posted by: methinks | May 16, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

4th Jurassic Park movie? That's 3 too many.

Posted by: methinks | May 16, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

I hope it's not true about Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson - I never even had a chance to call them Kate-O.

I hope it's not true about Jurassic Park IV - all kinds of museums already have coprolites, so why do we need another one in theatres?

I hope it's not true about Shania - the rumour I'm starting that she's moving back to Timmins and will live rent-free in the community centre the city named after her.

Posted by: byoolin | May 16, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse

leave Dina and linsey ALONE. they are a good familie and all you guyz do is just hate on them for no reazon.

Posted by: dina rulez | May 16, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

I recently saw some pics of Brit-Brit that lead one to believe she might be in the way of child. I mean, I bloat but I don't second trimester bloat. Has anyone seen these? How come no one is talking about this? Please tell me I'm not crazy!

Posted by: DJ | May 16, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Joey Fatone looks ready for his gay marriage in California.

And byoolin, I hope it's not true about Kate and Owen because I've never had a chance to call the Oate.

What, nothing about Flashlee?

Posted by: jaybbub | May 16, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

That's a lot of hoping, byoo

Posted by: Anonymous | May 16, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

You're not crazy DJ, you're insane...just kidding

byoolin...

PoEl

ElPo, this might work if you pronounce it alpo

Posted by: omni | May 16, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

whatever happened to those two little kids that were in the first jurassic park? do you think they'll make an appearance in the fourth installment of dinosaur terror?

Posted by: melissamac1 | May 16, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Looks like Heidi took one too many tumbles in that dryer. Too early for that pic.

Posted by: beaker | May 16, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

PoEl is Jor-El's brother, right?

I like ElPo.

As for the two little kids in JuPa, Annoying Little Boy is now 25 and Annoying Little Girl is now 29. Maybe they'll appear as snacks for a pliosaur.

Posted by: byoolin | May 16, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

thank you dinarules. everyone on this blog just talks about negativies with linsey and never really admits that they are normal family.

Posted by: luvlindsey | May 16, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: beaker | May 16, 2008 9:32 AM

**************

Counting Heidi's tumbles was part of her accountant's job description.

Posted by: byoolin | May 16, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

The little boy won't be in the 4th movie. He finally had a delayed reaction to being eloctrocuted by a fence strong enough to stop a dinosaur.

Great Mel is trying to find recruits for HIS crazy church. Hey Mel, even the Scientologists didn't want Brit, you shouldn't either.

No, Mr. and Mrs. Lohan, you are not normal. Normal parents don't go out clubbing with their children.

Posted by: ep | May 16, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

I just can't get over the fact that not a single rabid fan of LiLo can spell her name correctly.

Posted by: omni | May 16, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

**waits impatiently for the Lost analysis**

Until then....

I liked Taylor Hicks. I never thought he was "Idol material" but I dug the guy. Never thought he'd go all Broadway either. I figured he'd end up touring smaller clubs, oopening for the right acts & continue as he had started, staying true to those bluesy-grey roots.

I covet that Marge wig.

I vote for ElPo too.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 16, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Rabies will do that to you, Omni.

Posted by: byoolin | May 16, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Portia + Ellen = Pollen?

Posted by: I'm new at this | May 16, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

i'm not "rabid" fan. i just dont like when peopeele just ssay all negative thinkgs about people who dont desserve it. dina and linsey just are notmal people who enjoy doing things like every1 else

Posted by: dina rulez | May 16, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

u r just mean byolin. why do you allways make fun of people.

Posted by: dina rulez | May 16, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Apropos of nothing, I recommend that readers click on the "Gallery" portion of the Celebritology logo at the top of this page and then have a look at picture number 31.

Posted by: byoolin | May 16, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

byoolin- they posted the pic of my recent backyard BBQ! All right!

Posted by: jaybbub | May 16, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Ellen+Portia-->Pollen!!!

Posted by: BlueGirl | May 16, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

That Heidi Fleiss story is the best thing I've read in a while. Thanks, News of the World!

Posted by: h3 | May 16, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

dina rulez, you are hereby banned from this blog until you learn how to spell.

Posted by: Grammar Police | May 16, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

I'm going to purchase photo #21 as a gift for Liz Kelly.

Posted by: methinks | May 16, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

I heart Charles Barkley. He's sort of a young curmudgeon which is refreshing in this era of continuous spin & photoshop.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 16, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

o, dina_rulez. i mean this on behalf of all of when i say, : yo fatty! carm down.

it is truly an affectionate phrase, spelled in such a way that you can comprehend it's deep meaning.

Posted by: cee_jay | May 16, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

"Pollen" is PERFECT. Way to go, newbie!

Posted by: byoolin | May 16, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: cee_jay | May 16, 2008 9:57 AM

Alsome.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 16, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

How about DeGeneres + de Rossi = Generossi

Posted by: m.a.t. | May 16, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Full name: Pollen Generossi

Posted by: m.a.t. | May 16, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Yay! We have the first "carm down" of the day! May it not be the last.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 16, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

c this is y i come on this blog so i can defend dina and linsey and prevent from more rumors from strtarting. but insted you guys just hide behind the comptuer and make mean comments about me and my fave family, the lohans. why do u guuys hate them so much? just bc their succuessful and butiful and aweomse? they are just normal people so stop being negativeite against them

Posted by: dina rulez | May 16, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

the best thing about having dina rulez on this blog is all the new and madeup words i learn. for example: notmal. is it like oatmeal but without oats?

Posted by: melissamac1 | May 16, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Jaybub, you must be really special to get Carrot Top to come to your barbecue. That's him in the middle, right?

Posted by: epony | May 16, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

New entries to the Celebritology lexicon:

notmal = good
butiful = a Kardashian or J Lo
peopeele = Ron Popeil's posse

Posted by: jes | May 16, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

why dont you guys just leave dina rules and the lohans alone? they havent done anything to you guys. so stop being jealous and STEP OFF.

Posted by: luvlindsey | May 16, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for thinking of me, methinks, but you go ahead and keep no. 21 for yourself.

And I dunno -- I'm thinking dina rulez is the alter ego of one of our regular commenters. But who? Hmmmm....

Posted by: Liz Kelly | May 16, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Goodness gracious, I had to sit through all three of the Jurassic Park movies. The first one was ok but they tried getting milk from a stone in the second and third and now a fourth. Yikes, thankfully I don't know any kids who would be interested in a fourth.

Hugh Grant, whatever happened to his career? I suspect 9 months did it in because I can't recall one thing he's done recently that's been good. Apart from being nanny to Elizabeth's son. Honestly does he just follow them around?

Posted by: petal | May 16, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Or maybe dina rulez is one of the peopeele.

Posted by: byoolin reaches for his Bass-O-Matic. | May 16, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Honestly, we haven't done anything to them either unless you think any of the Lohan's actually read Celebritology... Ali, is that you?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 16, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Step off? I haven't heard that one in years. I think this might prove that whoever luvlindsey is might very well be someones alter ego. I don't think any texting tweeners would be old enough to remember that phrase.

Posted by: michael | May 16, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Liz Kelly | May 16, 2008 10:15 AM

I had dibs it was you, Liz! :)

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 16, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

petal, I would suggest you watch Love Actually or Notting Hill or possibly About A Boy. All very good performances by Hugh Grant.

Posted by: michael | May 16, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

What is happening in number 4? That's even more of a mess than usual.

Posted by: petal | May 16, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Liz, is there anyway to trace the IP address of dinah rulez and luvlindsey?

Posted by: michael | May 16, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

What is happening in number 4? That's even more of a mess than usual.

Posted by: petal | May 16, 2008 10:25 AM

Liz, is there anyway to trace the IP address of dinah rulez and luvlindsey?

Posted by: michael | May 16, 2008 10:25 AM

**********

Coincidentally, the answer to both questions is the same: Nobody really cares enough to try to find out.

Posted by: byoolin | May 16, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Ahhhhhh, I saw Love Actually and while I like it I didn't really like Hugh in it. I haven't seen the others, I'll have to check them out.

Posted by: petal | May 16, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I didn't realize tossing snark towards LiLo lovers equated to being mean to the Lohan family.

I guess it's true what I've always believed: People who can't spell can't think.

Posted by: Ali | May 16, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: luvlindsey | May 16, 2008 10:13 AM

Look, you non-spelling losers came on to this blog and now you're getting your panties in a bunch over what you perceive as poor treatment of you and the lohans, which is what we call a normal Friday. If you feel offended in any way, you are welcome to leave. In fact, please do. Other than the opportunity to mock your atrocious spelling, you offer nothing to this blog.

Go away little girl. You bother me.

Posted by: sick of the tweeners | May 16, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Ok, the pictures are changing position. #31 is now a scary picture of wee Tom trying to hypnotize the Beckham children with his bat sh*t crazy stare.

Posted by: jes | May 16, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: michael | May 16, 2008 10:21 AM

Also Bridget Jones Diary, the first one. The second one was awful.

Posted by: jake e. poo | May 16, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

By all means watch Hugh Grant in "About A Boy". He's quite good. But do yourself an even bigger favor and just read the book by Nick Hornby. And while you're at it, read "High Fidelity" (hi-larious...gave it to both my sons when they were in college), "How to be Good", and "Fever Pitch" one of the best books ever written about being a sports fan.

Posted by: methinks | May 16, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

I meant to add, I've started using the word "alsome". now ppl thk im so cool.

Posted by: methinks | May 16, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Not that I'm a huge Hugh Grant fan, he also made a good Edward Ferrars in Ang Lee's "Sense & Sensibility"

Posted by: Chasmosaur | May 16, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

But methinks, we've aldways thought ur cool.

Posted by: jes | May 16, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Despite my ironic misplaced punctuation, we are mostly ripping on you for your atrocious spelling. For a reader, it is hard infer the validity of an argument when the writer of said argument does not present their case with proper spelling, grammar or cohesive thought in general. Yes, the chosen medium is a blog. However, should be feel firm in your beliefs, no matter what they may be, your perspective has a better chance of being respected if you take the time to convey your own level of respect for the matter by at least spelling correctly.

My intention is not to pick on you at all. I do hope that you will see this as guidance for the next time you defend your position on a matter. Should you respond with a classy colloquialism riddled with personal attacks, then you have clued us into your character (or lack thereof) more than your perspective.

Thank you.

Posted by: cee_jay | May 16, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Another great day for MM comments; wow. (I'm only posting so you don't accuse me of being either dinarulez or luvlindsay.)

Laura Dern, what happened? Such a promising career start as the blind girl in "Mask." And now JP IV (not to be confused with Pope JP II)? Too bad we didn't learn about this sequel a couple days ago during Donnie Darko Day.

That Heidi Fleiss article is something, but I need a shower now to rid my mind of Marlon Brando, grapes, and Jack Nicholson knocking on bedroom windows. No wonder Heidi is exhausted.

I never got the Taylor Hicks fascination. Of all those ex-Idols listed, I can't believe Justin Guarini (whose voice is better nearly than all of theirs) is NOT on Broadway but instead doing Idol commentary on TV Guide channel with Christine Caldwell (another great voice). He needs a better agent.

Hugh Grant -- check him out in "Music and Lyrics" with Drew Barrymore. The movie looks awful but it's actually fun and Hugh looks less uptight for once. And you'll hate me afterward because you won't be able to get "Pop! Goes My Heart" out of your head.

Posted by: td | May 16, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Oh yeah - former Vertebrate Paleontologist here. The original Jurassic Park was enough.

The second one sucked because the character Jeff Goldlum plays dies in the original book, so I was thinking if there was a second movie, Goldblum wouldn't be in it. I was wrong. It did have a few redeeming values - the sequence with the trailers hanging over the edge of the cliff; the "Godzilla-ing" of San Diego; a young Vince Vaughan - other than that, not much to bother with.

I don't think there was any redeeming value in the third one, except that William Macy was in it. My husband would protest that Tea Leoni is in it.

Why we need a fourth one, I just don't know...

Posted by: Chasmosaur | May 16, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Shiznit, I saw Bridget Jones' Diary, the first one and completely forgot he was in it.

Clearly I need to check out Hugh's IMDB page and probably take back the comment on his career after a weekend of Hugh. I mean after a weekend of watching his movies.

Posted by: petal | May 16, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Moving pictures: the image you want is at the gettyimages.com website. Search for '81073803'.

Posted by: byoolin | May 16, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Can I admit to liking (and owning) Four Weddings and a Funeral?

And I'm glad I only saw the first JP, sounds like I didn't miss a whole lot. I remember leaving the theater after it and thinking there were way too many "openings" and that JP II would eventually come along, but IV? Yikes.

I hope Night at the Museum II doesn't follow the usual sequal path. I like the Air and Space Museum!

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 16, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Gallery: Photo 27 (?) of "Swoozy Kurtz" [sic] -- if that's really her, you could bounce a quarter off her face. It's like she is a completely different person.

Posted by: td | May 16, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

dina rulez, seems you're trying to say something but I can't quite put my finger on it. Honestly, in this forum, unless you've gotten under your blankie with a camera and posted your pleas on YouTube... well, we ain't listenin'.

Posted by: leave. her. alone!!! | May 16, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I think Hugh is writing a novel, when he's not throwing baked beans at photographers. And remember the creepy sorority party? That was just a few months ago.

Posted by: possum | May 16, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

"I think you meant a sign of the Apocalypto, sunnydaze."

Posted by: methinks | May 16
----------------

HYSTERICAL!

As for "a few redeeming values . . . a young Vince Vaughan" -- now that Petal has been educated on the career of Hugh Grant, can someone please explain VV to me? I can pretty much watch any movie, but I tried twice to watch "The Break-Up" with him and Jennifer Aniston. Horrible. I just couldn't believe so many people worked together to produce such a steaming pile.

Posted by: td | May 16, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

td, just watch Swingers, Vince Vaughn is really good in it...I mean he is money, baby.

Posted by: jake e. poo | May 16, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

awww i like hugh grant and all his floppy haired awesomeness. cee_jay personel question here (feel free to not answer) are you a lawyer by any chance? cause that was one heck of an educated smack down you laid on the tween set. i applaud your vocabulary and grammer skills. (oh i'm sorry, skillz.)

Posted by: melissamac1 | May 16, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

If I'm interpreting Gallery Photo 43 correctly, the heart of rock 'n roll is now in Leesburg.

Did anyone notice in Gallery Photo 33 how Jane Fonda's expression hints at her desire to Fondal Tommy Lee's trouser snake?

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 16, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Can I admit to liking (and owning) Four Weddings and a Funeral?

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 16, 2008 10:59 AM

That flick was nominated for an Oscar (best picture), and in good company too - Pulp Fiction, Forrest Gump, The Shawshank Redemption and Quiz Show were the other nominees. No shame in that.

Posted by: musicgeek | May 16, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

td, also try Clay Pigeons, if you're into dark humor. It's chock full of Vince Vaughn hotness, though Swingers is much, much better.

Posted by: musicgeek | May 16, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

The pictures of Heidi Fleiss -- I threw up a little bit in my mouth.....What the heck happened to her lips?

Posted by: Arlington | May 16, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 16, 2008 11:26 AM

****

And Ludicris looks like he's trying to escape.

Apocalypto - I wish I'd thought of that! Good one methinks!

Posted by: sunnydaze | May 16, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

About picture 27: May 12: (L-R) Actor Kevin Spacey, actress Mariska Hargitay, actor Peter Hermann and actress Swoozy Kurtz attend a celebration of network television by the William Morris Agency at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

What I want to know is who is the woman who appears to be growing out of Mariska's chest? Has she been hiding a conjoined twin all this time?

Posted by: b | May 16, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Ooh td, you're totally right about Music & Lyrics - I assumed it would be terrible, but I'll watch anything with Hugh Grant in it (same rule for Colin Firth, which is why I've seen What a Girl Wants), and Music & Lyrics was really quite charming. Petal, definitely add some Hugh Grant to your queue. He's good. And not only pretty.

Posted by: h3 | May 16, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Hi, M-mac1! Thank you for complimenting my comment!

Nope, I'm not a lawyer, just a marketing and communications pro. Although, I may soon be dubbed by the Lohan Fan Clan as their "#1 Hater" if they don't understand that I am a fan of people who write good (<--- sarcasm and Zoolander reference).

Word.

Posted by: cee_jay | May 16, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: omni | May 16, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Carm down, omni. Not all who wander watch "Lost."

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | May 16, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

'oh, carp! the lost dueling analysis has started. Oh well, see you all next monday.'

Posted by: omni | May 16, 2008 12:08 PM

Carp? Really?

Posted by: jes | May 16, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

The last movie I remember seeing Hugh Grant in was Two Weeks Notice. I thought it was okay, but that's because I like Sandra Bullock. I also liked Love Actually and 4 Weddings, but I don't think Hugh Grant particularly stood out. Those were more like "ensemble" movies.

Haven't seen Music & Lyrics (I know, what deserted island have I been on? A: In the suburbs with 2 kids under age 10). Most movies with Hugh Grant as a leading man all strike me as being the same basic character personality just recycled into new and not very original scenarios.

But Colin Firth - now that's different! I can watch him in anything, repeatedly!

Posted by: longhorn | May 16, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

cee_jay we're going to have to start a center for tweens and teach them how to text correctly. i'll teach the lesson on commas if you'll handle everything else. (how are the children supposed to get in the door if it's so small? -- i love zoolander)

Posted by: melissamac1 | May 16, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

As it turns out I'll have to save the lessons on Hugh till next weekend. Tis graduation weekend after all.

Posted by: petal | May 16, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

"I hope it's not true about Ellen and Portia - there's just no good way to mash up their names."

- DeGeneRossi?

Now that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia DeRossi plan to marry, I think we can safely predict the following:
1. Tattoos
2. "Our relationship is fine"
3. Renewal of vows
4. Divorce

Now that gays can marry in California, we'll have even MORE celeb divorces!

I bet Brad is panicking right about now ... "sh*t, gay marriage is now legal in California, but Angie still won't marry me. Publicist! Help!"

Posted by: Californian | May 16, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

I shamefully confess that I heart Hugh Grant and would toss my loving, smart, sweet, sexy boyfriend out of bed if Hugh came nearby.

Oh, and since it's Friday, I'd like to remind everyone to send up a good thought for my all-time fave, The Swayze.

We love you, Patrick. For reals.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 16, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

You know what is sad? I got a text this morning from my 38-year-old officemate (I'm 25) using tween logo and way too many ???? and !!!!!.

Quite possibly my biggest pet peeve EVER.

Posted by: Magnolia | May 16, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

*lingo, not logo

Posted by: Magnolia | May 16, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Magnolia, does your officemate have kids? That might explain it, not excuse it, mind you, but explain.

Posted by: sunnydaze | May 16, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

sunnydaze - nope, no kids....otherwise, I might be more understanding.

I wish it was just her, but it's also another guy on my project - except he does it in email.

*bangs head on desk* Is it time to go home yet?

Posted by: Magnolia | May 16, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I will admit to not using punctuation when texting (I just found the key that does it), but I do try to write properly and spell the words correctly. Although circumstances may allow for some relaxation -- joking around with a bud, shortening okay, discussing work, shortening not okay.

When I taught my mother to text she told me she thought you HAD to use the bad spelling. That was why she had not done it, because she didn't know any txt spk.

Posted by: ep | May 16, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Sigh. I've never texted. I haven't even IM'ed. Is it required for living in the 21st century?

No wonder the producers of Jurassic Park IV keep calling and calling.

Posted by: epony | May 16, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

OK, I've carmed down. But it's now quitting time. Also Movie night, so see you all next Monday.

Posted by: omni | May 16, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Longhorn, if you liked "two weeks notice" try "About a Boy" and the first "Bridget Jones"--Hugh is wonderful as a cad instead of the abashed charmer he usually plays. "Music and Lyrics" kind of falls between the two types--sort of shallow sell-out rather than cad, but still, not his straight ahead "notting hill"/FW&AF/"Sense&Sensibility"-type charmer.

Disclaimer: Screenwriter and movie buff, not Hugh Grant fanatic.

Posted by: hermespal | May 16, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Longhorn, don't worry - nobody else saw Music & Lyrics, either. (At least, it was my impression that it wasn't much of a box office success.) And Hugh is the BEST in the first Bridget Jones. Although, per my rules about Hugh Grant/Colin Firth movies, I've of course seen the second, too.

Posted by: h3 | May 16, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Actually it did surprisingly well, h3. $50.5M in the states, $95.4M foreign--those are very respectable numbers for a romantic comedy. I thought it was cute popcorn fare.

Totally agree re Colin Firth. ;-)

Posted by: hermespal | May 16, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the Vince Vaughan movie tips! Have a great weekend, everyone.

Posted by: td, renting swingers -- the movie that is... | May 16, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse