Posted at 7:55 AM ET, 05/14/2008

Morning Mix: Oops, Britney Rear-Ends SUV

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Britney Spears rear-ends SUV in Beverly Hills (video)... Drew Barrymore rear-ended (not by Britney) in hit-and-run incident... Madonna pledges to build girls' school in Malawi... Oprah's "Big Give" not renewed for another season... Al Reynolds speaks out about Star Jones divorce on MySpace page... Jolie-Pitt clan boats in Monaco... Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon celebrate wedding with theme park party; plan to renew vows next year... Isaiah Washington suing ABC over "Grey's" promo... Stars gear up for Cannes Film Festival... Marissa Jaret Winokur voted off "Dancing With the Stars"... James Garner hospitalized following stroke... Paul Newman alive and kicking, says Army Archerd... Pic: Miley Cyrus's "Got Milk" ad.

Crime Watch: Remy Ma gets eight years for shooting friend.

Rumor Mill: Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Catrall avoid each other at "Sex and the City" after party... Mariah and Nick already expecting?

Say What?
"The first time we really hung out she flashed me." -- Pete Wentz on how he fell in love with fiancee Ashlee Simpson

By Liz Kelly  | May 14, 2008; 7:55 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rant: Leave 'Donnie Darko' Alone
Next: Beyonce's Bootylicious Kid Ads: Over the Line?

Comments

Those Miley Cyrus pictures just get filthier and filthier and filthier.

Posted by: byoolin | May 14, 2008 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Um...I know it was a rumor, but I heard on the radio that Ashlee's pregnant? Was that confirmed and I just missed it becuase of the TC/MC stuff? Not that I care, of course! LOL.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 14, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

The Ashlee Simpson pregnancy are so well into the non-denial denial phase that it's pretty much confirmed.

And I'm leaving Safe Search on from now on whenever I Google "Miley Cyrus got milk". It's not going to take long for a photoshopper with mad skilz to do that image up right. Or very, very wrong, depending on your point of view.

Posted by: yellojkt | May 14, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

*ADVERTISEMENT*

Calling all celebrities! There are 53 countries and 8 dependencies in Africa, and only 2 of them have celebrity-sponsored girls' schools!

This is your chance to extend your brand! Be the first International Star to build the [YOUR NAME HERE] School For Girls in such glamorous locations as:

*Angola!
*Burkina Faso!
*The Kingdom of Lesotho!

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, open Five [YOUR NAME HERE] School For Girls in a single country and YOU will have NAMING RIGHTS! That's right - you will be able to rename the country!

ACT NOW! This is a limited-time offer!

(Offer subject to the stability and ongoing viability of respective nation-states. All nation-states available on an 'as-is' basis only. No warranty, express or implied, is applicable. Some genocide may occur.)

Posted by: byoolin might just open one in Burkina Faso. | May 14, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Geez, Pete Wentz is young. Getting married based on being flashed by a girl... heck, just last weekend *I* was flashed by three women in Lane Bryant, and you don't see me getting engaged to any of them.

Posted by: byoolin | May 14, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps SJP simply didn't recognize KC at the SATC A-P: after all, Kim does bear a striking resemblance to Sophia from "The Golden Girls."

Posted by: byoolin | May 14, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Wow, you can shot someone through the rectum and still claim racism. That is crazy.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 14, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

[Remy Ma]'s lawyer, Ivan Fisher...suggested the victim... was exaggerating the facts to win a large sum in a separate civil suit.

How does one "exaggerate" being shot in the colon?

***

She also complained that the "jury that was not [made up of] my peers. Like, there was not tan, dark brown, black, nothin' on that jury."

Look on the bright side, Remy: Thanks to the vagaries of the American justice system, you'll be spending a good deal of the next eight years in an environment overwhelmingly composed of your peers.

Posted by: byoolin | May 14, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

byoolin, you are hilarious. I choked on coffee on the flash comment.

Posted by: unmute | May 14, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

a "whole conspiracy against rappers right now." says Remy Ma.

Yes, a conspiracy against rappers who committ crimes. It's called the criminal justice system and while it may not always be "just", in this case, you shot your "friend" through the rectum. So, uh, yeah, you are going to jail.

Anyone know what she'll actually serve on an 8 year sentence? 2.5 with good behavior?

Posted by: sunnydaze | May 14, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Nothing says classy and well mannered like a good flash.
Ashley and Pete will have a long and happy marriage. (for 3 months)

Posted by: dw | May 14, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Well, you know any marriage based firmly on a good flash is bound to last.

Posted by: sunnydaze | May 14, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Wow, now Al Reynolds is talking about Star Jones. Between him and Barbara Walters' public comments . . . hey, Al and Barbara . . . you don't suppose. . . .

Posted by: td, wondering who's down with the swirl | May 14, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Big Gay Al Reynolds needs to take a ride in the WHAAAAAMBULANCE. Cry me a river Al.

Those folks in China or Myanmar, now THAT is having a bad month.

As for Mariah & Nick renewing their vows...ROFLMAO!! If they make it past a year I'll...I'll...oh heck, who am I kidding? That marriage has anullment written all over it in BIG RED LETTERS.

I bet AshWentz makes it a little longer than those 2, but not by much.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 14, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

"Renewal of vows" usually means "imminent divorce". It's nice the Cannons are planning ahead. I don't approve of procrastinating, either.

Posted by: possum | May 14, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

that is the most normal Miley's upper lip has ever looked...

Posted by: mango | May 14, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Rectum? Darn near killed 'em...

Jury of your peers... gee, can we come up with 13 musicians who have faced violent crime charges? Might be a toughie...

Posted by: NC2 | May 14, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Even before I clicked on the link re: Oprah's Big Aren't I Great For Raising Money Show, I knew there'd be a quote like this one:

"Oprah felt like she got a message out there," a rep said on a conference call. "It was not something she wanted to renew."

So this rep is telling me that IF ABC had chosen to renew the show, Oprah would have said, "No. I got my message out there." Right.

Posted by: methinks | May 14, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

The celebs marrying because of a pregnancy have to stay married at least long enough to sell those first baby pictures.

So my money is on a good 6 months for Flashlee and Pete.

Posted by: epony | May 14, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

RE: James Garner...Get well soon! I have great memories of watching "The Rockford Files" during the first couple years of my marriage.
Every Friday night was wine & TV night. We loved Jim Rockford, and Noah Beery as his dad was priceless, Stuart Margolin (a staple of Love American Style) played Angel...what a terrific show.

Posted by: methinks | May 14, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Get well James Garner.

As I said yesterday about Ashlee calling Britney trashy. As least Britney was married before she started flashing people.

Posted by: ep | May 14, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ep | May 14, 2008 10:07 AM

And popping out kids...

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 14, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

It's hard to tell where the "rep" is from in that quote, methinks. Did someone actually say no to Oprah?! Or is she spinning this as "her" decision?

"Paul Newman alive and kicking, says Army Archerd" -- since Army is six years older than Paul (cf. IMDB), shouldn't Paul be verifying Army's pulse?

Posted by: td | May 14, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

epony - You win! "Flashlee" is brilliant and hope all celebritologists will use it from here on out.

Now, congrats to Mariah and Nick. They have achieved the celebrity-relationship-disaster trifecta. Cover feature in People about their deep and abiding love, tattoos, and now vow renewal. This marriage is so dead.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 14, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Also, Mariah's tattoo is (relatively) small and can easily be adapted to remove/cover the name. Nick's is HUUUUGE and splashed across his back. I think we know which one is the brains of this outfit.

And I kind of choked on using the word "brains".

Posted by: jaybbub | May 14, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Also (is there no shutting me up this morning?) I kind of wasn't prepared for all this rear-ending. What an interesting way to start my morning. Ahem.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 14, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

I forgot:

Britney, please hire a driver. The LA road are bad enough without you behind the wheel. It is not shame to admit you are a bad driver and let someone else do it. In fact, it might be the most mature thing you have ever done.

Posted by: ep | May 14, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I just saw where Halle Berry is not selling her baby's pics to the highest bidder. What's up with that? Doesn't she know that is the way of Hollywood?

Posted by: Why I love Halle Berry | May 14, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Wait a sec...didn't Mariah Carey say that having babies would make her feel "violated"?

So what's up with this quote:
"I always said... if I found the right person who I felt would be on the same page as me in term of raising kids and having the same belief system, [we'd have kids]," Carey said.

I'm to assume that as long as his belief system mirrored her, it's not a violation. That girl is crackers. (I recognize that's not a news flash, but I can't help but be surprised at how inconsistent these people are.)

Posted by: methinks | May 14, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

methinks, I believe what's up with that quote is that Mariah is already knocked up.

Not that I'm cynical or anything.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 14, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

"...didn't Mariah Carey say that having babies would make her feel "violated"?"

I love that. Next time some idiot asks me why I don't want to have children, I'll just say "having babies would make me feel violated".

Thank Mariah Carey.

Posted by: jake e. poo | May 14, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

What does it take for someone to lose their license in Cali? Why won't Brit's dad hire a driver?

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 14, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I heard on the radio this morning that Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo had split up (he did the dumping). Any truth to this, Liz Kelley?

Posted by: Celebritology Field Reporter | May 14, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

That's so wrong of Jessica (if it's true) to upstage her sister's wedding. They could have waited until next week to break-up.

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 14, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

On behalf of all Cowboys fans eveywhere:

THANK YOU GOD.

Posted by: ep | May 14, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon plan to renew vows next year...

Wedding vows used to have a much longer shelf life, didn't they?

$2 says Carey-on lasts until Flashlee's wedding, but not until the next Fall-Out Boy tour.

Another $2 says Flashlee are done before Carey-on delivers.

Posted by: byoolin | May 14, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 14, 2008 11:06 AM

************

Have to disagree with you there, Lisa1: someone's always on the lookout for a bridesmaid to nail, and a girl on the rebound is Just What The Doctor Ordered. (Even if she is dumber than the bouquet.)

Posted by: byoolin | May 14, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jaybbub | May 14, 2008 10:25 AM
----------

Now now, that's enough back talk from you, Mister!

Posted by: td | May 14, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Love it, td!

Except I'm "ma'am", but that's okay. :)

Posted by: jaybbub | May 14, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

(My apologies, ma'am!)

Posted by: td | May 14, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

"Drew Barrymore rear-ended (not by Britney)"
- funniest comment today.

Neither Simpson/Wentz nor Carey/Cannon will last long enough for the babies to be born. Guaranteed.

I'm sure protesters are already lining up over Miley's Got Milk pic. Ugh!

Brit needs to lose her license. I know if I got into a monthly fender-bender, I would lose mine. But I don't live in Cali and I'm not famous.

Posted by: fft5305 | May 14, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure Mariah will get the C-section/liposection 2 for 1 special at the hospital. What worries me is that she seems so dumb, I'm not sure she knows how babies are made.

Posted by: possum | May 14, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Also, I don't blame Isaiah one bit for suing Grey's. I think they shafted him big time. I'd be pissed too.

Posted by: fft5305 | May 14, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

"What does it take for someone to lose their license in Cali?"
Given what I see on the roads every day, most people here don't even qualify to GET a license. What it takes to LOSE defies the imagination.

Thanks for oversharing, little Pete Wentz. Ew.

Of course Beyonce & Jay-Z, Mariah and Mr. Carey, and Flashlee are expecting. Why else would celebs get married?

I was going to say something about the Careys' looming annulment/divorce, but possum said it best!

With "friends" like Remy Ma, who needs enemies?

Posted by: Californian (and a good driver) | May 14, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

It was so nice not to have crazy Britney in the news for awhile. [sigh]

Posted by: Anonymous | May 14, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Wow- those two met like yesterday and they already are planning to renew their vows? Best of luck Nick & Mariah- I think they'll do great if they make it past the 6 month mark.

Remy Ma should have been locked up some time ago simply for wearing get up like this: http://www.bossip.com/3192/theres-something-about-remy-attemped-murder/remyma411jpg/
She redefines the term, "hot mess".

Must echo some earlier sentiments about Brit- this gal needs to get a full-time driver. She has no business driving around if she cannot avoid hitting other vehicles.

Posted by: plamar1031 | May 14, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Oh for those who love the British snarky comments- this has got to be the gem of the day from the Daily Mail re: Billy Zane getting back together w/his girlfriend:

"Billy, 42, was earlier seen buying chocolates and long steam roses in a sign he is pulling out all stops to woo back the 28-year-old presenter."

I am speechless as I can only imagine the incredible effort and determination displayed when Billy Zane ordered those roses and then ordered that big box of brown chocolates. The power of the human will is inexplicable!

- M, UK

Posted by: plamar1031 | May 14, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

hahaha plamar, you have got to love the brits. they bring snarkiness to a whole other level that i dream of one day achieving.

Posted by: melissamac1 | May 14, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

"With "friends" like Remy Ma, who needs enemies?"

or enemas...

Posted by: Toots'_bro-in-law | May 14, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

"With "friends" like Remy Ma, who needs enemies?"

or enemas...

Posted by: Toots'_bro-in-law | May 14, 2008 2:10 PM

That gives a whole new meaning to rear-ended...

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 14, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Sure are a lot of celebs getting creamed in the rear today.

"Sorry officer, but I was watching Ashlee Simpson flash me."

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 14, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

At least we can be sure that Miley Cyrus didn't get creamed in the rear.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 14, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse