Posted at 7:54 AM ET, 05/23/2008

Morning Mix: Sheen-Richards War Reignites

By Liz Kelly

In her first public appearance since the death of Heath Ledger, Michelle Williams promotes her new movie, 'Synecdoche, New York,' at Cannes on Friday. (AP)
Friday

Headlines: Oprah going vegan for 21 days... Secretary denies breaking up Shania Twain's marriage... TomKat asks kids' store to respect their privacy... Adam Sandler and wife expecting second child... Michael Douglas lobbies Capitol Hill for nuclear-free future... Robert Redford engaged to longtime girlfriend... Harrison Ford rips seat of his pants at movie premiere... Naomi Campbell bursts into tears aboard Diddy's yacht in Cannes... Yeardley Smith (aka Lisa Simpson) files for divorce... Amy Winehouse wins songwriting prize; (hearts) her husband... Madonna to show film at Michael Moore's film festival... Michael Lohan wants to re-open divorce case... Juliette Lewis shows off bikini bod.

Crime Watch: Wesley Snipes will remain free while awaiting appeal on tax charges.

Rumor Mill: Rep calls Usher and Tameka Foster split rumors "100 percent not true"... Vince Vaughn disapproves of John Mayer for Jennifer Aniston.

Say What?
"I hope you and your worthless retarded father get cancer and join your stupid mom." -- An alleged text message from Charlie Sheen to ex Denise Richards

By Liz Kelly  | May 23, 2008; 7:54 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Catching Up With John Schneider
Next: 'Lost': Questions That Must Be Answered in the Season Finale

Comments

Uggh- a vegan diet. I'm sure if you had a chef preparing all of your foods it would be good, but for me? Nope. not to much. I'd rather weigh 5-10 lbs over.

Michelle Williams looks super cute in that pic. That's one girl that has stayed away from drama.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 23, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Are there two people who are more useless and talentless than Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards? Really. I want to know.

Posted by: ex cap | May 23, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Seriously, do Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen realize that they have two children together and perhaps having a public feud isn't that great for them? Apparently huring the other one is more impt. I also LOVE the comment about his prositute tranny infested sperm - the same sperm that made her two children. Stay classy.

Posted by: Betty | May 23, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

ex cap, I submit Paris Hilton and Dina Lohan.

Posted by: michael | May 23, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure it was very traumatic for Naomi to admit her number that's close to her real age.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 23, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Just a quick note to Liz Kelly. Thank you, thank you for the picture (in yesterday's chat) of Daniel Craig. Everytime that 'burned into my retina' photo of Andy Garcia sneaks back into my brain, I am going to focus on Daniel's photo. That is what a man should look like on the beach - and I should know.

Posted by: BeachGirl | May 23, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

from the Charlie Sheen fiasco....

"Denise seems to be denying the existence of [the] e-mail. This goes beyond a he-said-she-said. We have an offer from a [live] TV show. They will bring a computer expert to diagnose the e-mail and to verify it was sent by her e-mail address and to verify it was neither altered nor edited. Computer DNA - it is conclusive."

you know - Charlie - just because Maury Pauvich is branching out doesnt mean you should believe everything he says.

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | May 23, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Sorry - for those of you may have forgotten to bookmark it, Daniel (after that photo, I feel we are on a first name basis) on the beach can be found at:

Enjoy.

Posted by: BeachGirl | May 23, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

I don't get Juliette Lewis. Mediocre actress, fingernails-on-chalkboard voice (enunciate, damn you!) and frankly, kinda ugly. Plus, much as men should have some chest hair, women should have some curves. I see nothing in that bikini shot that measures up to any standard of beauty. Can someone explain the appeal?

Posted by: WDC | May 23, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

You know what else I hate? Women who bleach their hair blond, but leave their eyebrows black. I'm looking at you, Michelle Williams.

Posted by: WDC | May 23, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I've never liked Michelle Williams, and I despised that horrible yellow Oscar dress that everyone loved, but she just gets cuter and cuter.

I've also learned to love Juliette Lewis. She's awkward and goofy and edgy and cute. No beauty, but cool.

Posted by: atb | May 23, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ex cap | May 23, 2008 9:06 AM
-------------------------------------------
My submission: Heidi & Spencer. And Lauren Conrad. Ah, hell anyone that has appeared on "The Hills", "Laguna Beach", etc...

Posted by: beaker | May 23, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

the part of Juliette Lewis' body below the rail appears to be a different size than the upper half of her body, like it is two photos sliced together (I'm not describing this well) look at it and tell me I am not nuts... It's the hip on the right side that doesn't line up with the upper body above the rail...

Conspiracy???

Posted by: if you look closely | May 23, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

I thought the same thing when I saw the photo of Juliette. I don't think it was spliced though, I think its a combination of the camera angle and the way she is twisting her body.

Posted by: michael | May 23, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe I'm saying this, but yay for Oprah!

Posted by: julia | May 23, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Robert Redford is 71, his fiancee is 52, and his oldest daughter is 48. So he not only gets a new near-wife, his daughter gets a sister. Bonus!

I always thought Juliette Lewis was kinda strange, but she makes me laugh on all those vh1 "I Love the 80s" (etc.) shows.

And there's something about Yeardley Smith (I remember her on "Herman's Head") getting a divorce that makes me sad. Maybe it's the idea of hearing Lisa Simpson's voice saying "irreconcilable differences."

Posted by: td | May 23, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Oh, man. The Juliette Lewis comments are claiming she's a whackotologist. WTF? I guess I have to hate her now.

I grew up in Clearwater, where all those kooks lived. I was friends with with singer Melanie's daughters (CRAZY girls), and they were whackotologists and gave HUGE piles of money to them. If was creepy to see the uniformed masses walking through the downtown. It was not unlike those sexy prairie princesses of FLDS.

Posted by: atb | May 23, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

The comments on the Juliette Lewis page are hilarious. Here's a sampling:

"she could save a boatload of puppies being mailed to cruella deville while offering me platters of minty three musketters bars wrapped in bagillion dollar bills and i still wouldn't like her.
sorry."

and

"freak flags: fly 'em if you got 'em."

Posted by: still | May 23, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I also like this JL comment there: "She's sellin crazy and I'm lookin to buy!"

Posted by: td, wishing for minty three musketters [sic] | May 23, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

can someone post the charlie/denise stuff, I keep getting dropped everytime I try to click over...

I can't look away from the train wreck!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 23, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

If Charlie Sheen did indeed send that text, he wins the prize for stupidest celebrity ever.

Posted by: still | May 23, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Thank you, beach girl. I have a new screen saver. Yum!

I guess there's really no hope that Oprah's going to go away, is there? She's so tiring.

Friday shout-out to the Swayze - keep fighting, we love you!

Posted by: jaybbub | May 23, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

(If true) I think Charlie's text would still tie with Alec Baldwin's voice mail rant (selfish pig, anyone?) for Stupidest Celebrity (Stunt) Ever.

Juliette Lewis looks c-r-a-z-y.

And my heartfelt thanks to Liz Kelly, champion of the everywoman everywhere for posting the Daniel Craig pic yesterday. You made my day over and over and over again! Like BeachGirl, I decided to bookmark that gift that keeps on giving.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, everyone!

Posted by: methinks | May 23, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

OK that's funny, methinks. I was just going to say that jaybub needs to leave the country -- like Alec Baldwin (!) once threatened to do -- if she has any hope of escaping The Oprah. Do all roads lead to the Baldwins?

Posted by: td | May 23, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I'm sorry, methinks, but I have to disagree. Creating evidence showing that you wish your ex and her father would get cancer is way more stupid than calling your daughter a selfish pig.

Posted by: still | May 23, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Nice try, Marie-Anne...no mistress ever admits to breaking up a marriage. notice that she doesn't deny the affair? just that it's not HER fault. ha! no, i'm sure they were unhappy to begin with. but you didn't help!

and charlie sheen is indeed channeling alec baldwin for that text message! what a class act!

Posted by: wats | May 23, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, I meant to say that Oprah is "tiresome", not "tiring". I have no personal knowledge of her tiring-ness.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 23, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

atb: "I grew up in Clearwater, where all those kooks lived."

Thats hilarious! My sister lives in Clearwater and has told all her children that if the "whackotologists" come near the car, they will reach in and kidnap them. When we visit, the kids always lock the car door...

Posted by: Osteph | May 23, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Won't someone *please* hand Naomi Campbell a phone and tell her, "Yo, fatty, carm down"?

Posted by: byoolin | May 23, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Hey, I think I saw Sasquatch again:

Posted by: byoolin | May 23, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

BYOOLIN! Yay! Breaking the "yo fatty" barrier for today.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 23, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

"Harrison Ford rips seat of his pants at movie premiere... "

not that anyone ever asked it, but that photo probably answers the "boxers or briefs" question....

Posted by: b | May 23, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

"Harrison Ford rips seat of his pants at movie premiere... "

Posted by: b | May 23, 2008 11:53 AM

-----------
Yes, and that way-too-closeup reveals that boxers are likely out, as is waxing (at least recently)

Posted by: hairylegs ford | May 23, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Juliette Lewis, how long have you been a 12 year old boy? There's a body that would look better covered with hair.

Posted by: epony | May 23, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

whackotologist? never heard of it. is there a link to info about this? nothing shows up on a google. just curious in case i ever go to clearwater....

Posted by: b | May 23, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I'd care about Suri Cruise's privacy if she were making her own purchases. I highly doubt she is.

Note to Tom: whether you spent $2,000 or $230,000 at Petit Tresor, you've spent more on Suri's clothes than I have for my two kids in the past two years.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | May 23, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Yep, that was me, on my way to a salon to get my back waxed.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 23, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

It was more interesting to watch the Tim Russert breaking wind news video that to read about Naomi Campbell, or most of the other celebrities today.

Liz, thank you for finding the Tim Russert breaking wind news video and alerting Gene to it.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 23, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

OMG. A celebrity engagement where the bridge ISN'T PREGNANT!!!! (And isn't likely to be, given that she's 52!) Stop the presses!

Juliette Lewis -- cool, a celeb without fake boobs.

Michelle Williams is just adorable. And good for her for keeping her private life, private.

Posted by: Californian | May 23, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I'm definitely in the wrong line of work. The not other woman in the Shania Twain divorce can be retired at 37?

Posted by: alex | May 23, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Yep, that was me, on my way to a salon to get my back waxed.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 23, 2008 12:18 PM

Glad to see you were willing to keep up your end of the deal Sas.

Posted by: jes | May 23, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I know it's silly to try to determine the "Stupidest Celebrity (Stunt) Ever" but seriously, I think a man (Baldwin) actually calling his own flesh and blood a "selfish pig" on voice mail is at least as bad as a man (Sheen) leaving a text for his ex-wife saying he hoped she and her father got cancer. It's the flesh and blood aspect to Baldwin's tirade that gets me. She's his daughter!
At least Denise & her father aren't Sheen's blood relatives. A minor distinction but a distinction nevertheless.

Posted by: methinks | May 23, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Whoa, Madonna -- girl, back away from the plastic surgery and Botox! Does this face even move?:

If you look closely, you can see that, indeed, Crazy Amy's fingernails are still filthy from having crawled out from underneath wherever she's been:

Posted by: Californian | May 23, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Baldwin displayed a serious lack of self control coupled with great immaturity and insesitivity to leave a voice mail message like that for his young daughter, regardless of the provocation.

And Denise Richards may not be related to Charlie Sheen by blood, but she is still the mother of his children. Then again, he's not noted for self-control and treating women well. (So, why DO women keep falling for him. At least John Mayer is civil, right?)

Posted by: alex | May 23, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Can we take up a collection to buy a cheeseburger for Juliette Lewis? That's one bony little body.

Posted by: Angela | May 23, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

"At least John Mayer is civil, right?"

Yep. John Mayer charges $10 up front.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 23, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Did Harrison Ford rip the seat of his pants by ripping too much gas?

Posted by: Sasquatch, not having a Tim Russert moment | May 23, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

BTW, I have enjoyed watching the Russert video. Nothing says "fun" like watching a bag of wind, break.

Posted by: methinks | May 23, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Whackotologist = Scientologist

Posted by: For b | May 23, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Juliette Lewis needs to eat a sandwich. Two, perhaps.

Posted by: Sappho | May 23, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

I guess Sasquatch will be at the Sasquatch Festival this weekend. Sightings will abound.

Posted by: alex | May 23, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I'll be there if I can hitch a ride with a compassionate driver. I've cleaned up a bit so I won't scare potential rides. That's a major reason why I got my back waxed. But if Death Cab pulls over and offers me a ride, you'll excuse me if I pass on their offer.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 23, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I was taking a well deserved vacation day on Friday, but was there seriously an argument over whether Alec Baldwin or Charlie Sheen is the biggest d*ck? To paraphrase Jon Stewart, they are equally d*ckish.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 27, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse