Posted at 9:23 AM ET, 07/25/2008

Comic-Con Video: The Dharma Initiative Recruits

By Jen Chaney
Comic-COn...

All of you loyal "Lost"-ophiles undoubtedly remember the Octagon Global commercial that aired during the season finale and urged people to come to San Diego in July. Well, that was all a big promotion for what's happening here at Comic-Con: A recruitment effort by the Dharma Initiative.

Yesterday, I swing by Dharma's booth on the Convention Center's Exhibit Hall Floor and met a very pleasant woman named Jackie (just Jackie), who explained what they're doing. I then spoke to Isabel Lim, a San Diego resident who had just completed her assessment and gotten approval to join Dharma. Watch the video below to find out what they said. I am hoping to get my own assessment sometime in the next couple of days. Hopefully I'll also pass muster and be well on my way to wearing my very own fashionabe Dharma jumpsuit.

Here's the video. And, of course, Namaste.

Photo Gallery: Pics from the 39th annual Comic Con Convention in San Diego | More on the scene from Liz & Jen

By Jen Chaney  | July 25, 2008; 9:23 AM ET
Categories:  Comic-Con, Lost
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Christian Bale Asks for Privacy; Paris Hilton Hits Comic-Con
Next: Comic-Con Video: Samuel L. Jackson on 'Afro Samurai'

Comments

man, I don't know if it's my computer, but I can barely hear anything, too much background noise :(

Posted by: U street girl | July 25, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Not just your computer, i'm afraid. Recording in big halls is a bear if you don't have a directional mic.

any good swag at the dharma booth?

Posted by: b | July 25, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

U Street, I was able to hear some of it. The woman from Dharma said they were recruiting for a new project and were asking people to interview and take tests to determine their eligibility. Then a woman who had been through the interview said that she was shown different pictures and asked what she thought of each picture - a deformed carrot and a girl getting sprayed with water. They asked her interview type questions and then asked her what was the first album she ever bought. They gave her a card that told her to register on dharmawantsyou.com on Monday. That's all I could hear.

Posted by: Renee | July 25, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

How sad is it that we're so Lost deprived that we'll take any little thing we can get?

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 25, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Where's Greg?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 25, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I dunno. I'll be more interested when they graduate into real fake religion, like Scientology. But I have to say, the myth stage looks promising.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | July 25, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Dharma is good. Dharma is great.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 26, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather eat ice cream on a french roll.

Posted by: Brown Chicken Brown Cow | August 7, 2008 1:07 AM | Report abuse