Posted at 8:13 AM ET, 07/10/2008

Morning Mix: Matthew McConaughey Reportedly Sells Baby Pix for $3M

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Robert Downey Jr. to play Sherlock Holmes... Lawyers try to make deal in Christie Brinkley divorce case... Olivia Newton-John marries... Vanessa Hudgens blames "stupid people" for release of nude pix... Madonna's brother says Madge is in love with herself... Gwyneth Paltrow says daughter Apple makes son Moses cross-dress... Courteney Cox to make "Scrubs" cameo appearance... James Franco ("Freaks and Geeks," "Pineapple Express") headed to grad school... John Mayer talks about fan hook ups... Real estate crisis hits celebrities... Jennifer Lopez shuts down her Pasadena restaurant... Landlord takes Dane Cook to court for failing to clean up after dog.

Rumor Mill: Angelina Jolie to have C-section Tuesday?... Hospital says Angie room photos are fakes... Matthew McConaughey sells baby pix to tabloid for $3 million... Supposed pal tells tabloid A-Rod was in love with Madonna... Stripper says she had a 2004 fling with A-Rod, too... Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck expecting second child?... Michael Jackson (who now shops from a wheelchair) collaborating with New Kids on the Block?... Ethan Hawke marries pregnant girlfriend.

Chat Day: Join me live at 2 p.m. ET for this week's C-section-free edition of Celebritology Live.

By Liz Kelly  | July 10, 2008; 8:13 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Here's the Story of the Barfing Brady
Next: Creative Captioning: Pam Splits for Australia

Comments

Vanessa Hudgens blames "stupid people" for release of nude pix

***********************************

Does she include herself in the list of stupid people?

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 10, 2008 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Vanessa Hudgens blames "stupid people" for release of nude pix

***********************************

Does she include herself in the list of stupid people?
Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 10, 2008 8:49 AM

Kind of. She says "kids do stupid things sometimes." in relation to how her parents dealt with all this.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

You got a keeper there Jennifer A. He is hooking up with fans while you are on tour with him.

I wonder if John Mayer and A-Rod have slept together? They apparently have slept with everyone else.

Posted by: ep | July 10, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

I thought groupies were part of the package if you are dating/marry a rock musician. You have to take the bad with the bad.

Why does that talentless Dane Cook warrant any kind of space in the gossip section? He has to be the homeliest dullard to pop up on the comedy scene of the past few years. Go away already!

jeez, must be time to drink my coffee. . .

Posted by: jelo | July 10, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ep | July 10, 2008 9:02 AM

No, I think theirs would just be an emotional affair.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

"Angelina Jolie is growing increasingly grouchy with staff while she waits to give birth to twins in a French hospital.... 'She's starting to feel that the staff are starstruck and not attentive enough. She's throwing fits if she rings and they don't come quick enough.'"

***
Uh huh. Too starstruck. Sure. I think the problem is that they're not star struck enough.

Posted by: GemmaR | July 10, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Liz, plz add a link to ali's new song. it's a gr8 new track and will be numbr 1 soon!! she sounds almost as good as my bff, linsey!

www.people.com/people/article/0,,20211267,00.html

Posted by: luvlinsey | July 10, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

"her scheduled Caesarean section next Tuesday."

Yes, she would have a C-section. She couldn't take the chance of messing up her best asset.:)

Posted by: Had to point it out | July 10, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Hey, Jennifer was in "Rock Star;" she knew what she was getting with John Mayer.

Posted by: surlychick | July 10, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Um, I'm not a huge Brangelina/Angelina Jolie fan, but have any of you ever had multiples or known someone who has?

Three of my sweetest tempered friends in the world had natural multiples (two had amazingly large sets of twins, the third had triplets), and after a while, they were cranky, cranky, cranky beyond all recognition.

They were in *extreme* physical discomfort by their fourth month, and in a constant state of worry as whipped up by their doctors. And they were all forced into hospital bed rest until the children could be viable outside the womb and removed by C-sections. (One even contracted a serious illness caused by the multiples pregnancy and the stress it placed on her body - it was touch and go with her for a scary day. This is a high-risk pregnancy and delivery, no matter who you are.)

In other words - the kids were coming out early through surgery and destined to spend a good chunk of time in a NICU, whether they liked it or not. Because it was the best chance for the survival of their kids and provided the safest delivery for themselves.

Cut the lady a little slack. She can't be comfortable right now, physically or emotionally.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | July 10, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Someone's marrying Ethan Hawke?

Gads, what could she have done to deserve that sort of punishment, fercryinoutloud?

Posted by: Arlington, VA | July 10, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

From the Downey story:

"This is not to be confused with the other awesome-sounding Arthur Conan Doyle-inspired film... with Sacha Baron Cohen and Will Ferrell set to star as Holmes and Dr. Watson."

Note to self: send writer Natalie Finn complimentary copy of new book, "This Is celinedion, This Is Shinola."

"Vanessa Hudgens blames "stupid people" for release of nude pix." If I may take the existentialist view: the people who released the pictures were doing Ms. H a favour. Clearly she wanted to document the event, which is why the pictures were taken. But if a tree falls in the forest and no-one is there to hear it, it does not make a sound. So it is with photography - if a picture is never viewed, it may as well have never been made. By releasing it 'into the wild' the photograph's raison d'etre has been validated and Ms. H's intent to document a very real, personal and private moment has been realized. Without millions of eyes upon it, the picture didn't exist. Vanessa Hudgens should thank the "stupid people," for they are as much a part of the photograph as are her naughty bits.

Speaking of photography, one wonders if Jennifer Aniston is documenting the fan hook-ups portion of John Mayer's performances.

A source says Dane Cook's "neighbors all hate him." Just the neighbours?

$3 million for Levi's pictures? What on earth is wrong with the world? (No, I'm not getting sensitive: I mean, Surfer dude's getting that much and Brangelina are only getting $4M? They got *hosed*.)

Garfleck's getting divorced. Garfleck's having another kid. Make up your minds, people. (Also, talk to Surfer dude's guy - you can probably get $6M for pix of the kid.)

Hasn't MJ always admired the new kids on the block?

Posted by: byoolin | July 10, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Someone's marrying Ethan Hawke?

Posted by: Arlington, VA | July 10, 2008 9:31 AM

She probably thinks he's going to be faithful to her, too.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Aren't most multiples born via c-section? Also, didn't she have one last time so would normally have one again? Just saying...I think they're a bit to idolized by people but I'd have to agree with Chasmosaur about cutting the lady some slack. I was in the hospital for 5 days after I delivered my second and I missed my first terribly and was sooo ready to go home. And that was only 5 days.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Why does John Mayer has groupies? He looks like Frankenstein without the bad skin and speech impediment.

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 10, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

no slack only snark

Posted by: for brangelina | July 10, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

guyz, plz ask liz to add a link to ali's new song. she's wonderful in it! if you listn to it, u'll know what i'm talkng about.

www.people.com/people/article/0,,20211267,00.html

Posted by: luvlinsey | July 10, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

"Madonna's brother says Madge is in love with herself"

"Supposed pal tells tabloid A-Rod was in love with Madonna"

"Stripper says she had a 2004 fling with A-Rod, too"

Celebritology needs to come with a flowchart of "relationships." So there are two items about Madonna, yet the headline is about Matthew McConaughey? Is Liz anti-Madge?

(And when did everyone start calling Madonna that anyway? I was watching a YouTube clip of Brooke Shields on Letterman and she referred to her as Madge too. Did I miss a post on this?)

Posted by: td thinks there's a lot of love to be justifying | July 10, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin | July 10, 2008 9:35 AM

Ditto for luvlinsey.

Posted by: Shhhhh! | July 10, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Someone's marrying Ethan Hawke?

Posted by: Arlington, VA | July 10, 2008 9:31 AM

She probably thinks he's going to be faithful to her, too.

Posted by: | July 10, 2008 9:35 AM

Um, isn't she the nanny he cheated on his wife with?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Um, isn't she the nanny he cheated on his wife with?

Posted by: | July 10, 2008 9:47 AM

My point exactly.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Um, isn't she the nanny he cheated on his wife with?

Posted by: | July 10, 2008 9:47 AM

Exhibit A: Robin Williams. Now divorced from the nanny as well.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

She was the nanny too!!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

I just don't get what Ethan Hawke, Robin Williams OR Mr. Sheffield ever saw in that woman. The voice, the laugh, the big hair, the horrendous makeup... what the hell?

Posted by: byoolin | July 10, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

why are we talking about fran drescher???

Posted by: nanny comments | July 10, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Michael Jackson and NKOTB?

Whoa-oa. Whoa-oh-oh.
Whoa-oh. Whoa-oh.
Whoa-oa. Whoa-oh-oh.
THE RIGHT NOSE.

How long before Jordan Knight et al., join MJ's plastic surgeon in therapy?

Posted by: td needs a better lyricist | July 10, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

"Robert Downey Jr. to play Sherlock Holmes."
In a related story, a Baltimore-area woman had to be removed from the floor of her office with a spatula after melting into a puddle of goo. This is the intersection of my nerd fantasies come to life.
Speaking of intersections, Angie's gotta be feeling great right now- ready to pop with babies, on bed rest (and being constantly poked for medical reasons), and under the all-seeing eye of the paparazzi. Unless she impales a resident with a hemostat, she should get some slack.

Posted by: Bawlmer | July 10, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Ethan Hawke doing the Robin Williams thing. Yeah, so 1989.

Posted by: td | July 10, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

After giving Surfer dude props for giving his kid a good name, I have to downgrade it to a 'yo' for whoring the pics, if in fact he sold them. Guess we'll see...

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Sherlock Holmes played by Robert Downey is not good. Sure he's a fine actor and all, but does he really need to play a character with an opium addiction? I think not.
And don't get me started on the Sherlock Holmes "comedy" with Ali-G & Will Farrell. A travesty.

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: daytripper | July 10, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

"Robert Downey Jr. to play Sherlock Holmes."

Posted by: Bawlmer | July 10, 2008 10:01 AM

Clean-up on aisle 6! Clean-up on aisle 6!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

"source says Dane Cook's 'neighbors all hate him.' Just the neighbours?" --byoolin | July 10, 2008 9:35 AM

No, the neighbours, any comedian whose had his jokes stolen, and anyone who wonders how someone can be a famous comedian without being funny.

When Jim Belushi gets bigger laughs than Dane Cook, you know the apocalypse is near.

Posted by: td is preparing for the end | July 10, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

"Brinkley gets sole custody of their two children, Jack, 13, and Sailor, 10, and gets to keep all real estate. She's agreed to pay Cook $2.1 million." Anyone know why she'd have to pay him?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

"OK, Michael Jackson's youngest kid isn't REALLY named Blanket right? Please say it ain't so." --daytripper

Real name: Prince Michael II. Blanket is a nickname. God, I need a life.

Posted by: td | July 10, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: | July 10, 2008 10:13 AM

***
yep, it's called cab fare to go away -- didn't he pay his 18 yr old GF $300K.

Posted by: anonymous lurker | July 10, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Speaking of those MJ kids, what I want to know is, aren't two of the three boys??? Did you look at the picture? Is it me, or don't both those older ones look like girls?

Anyway, those poor kids never had a chance. At least they've gotten to throw off the shroud of secrecy.

Posted by: 44west | July 10, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

So what's James Franco going to grad school in, English lit? He may be the only one in his class with a steady job lined up when he graduates. I feel your pain, students.
(Liz, ever thought about doing a rundown of stars in higher ed? Who ever knew Brian May had a PhD in astrophysics?)

Posted by: Bawlmer sees her future, and it is more student loans. | July 10, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

By the way, has anyone checked out OP today? they are talking about what to do with your kid when they get a scratch or a bruise. I'm thinking today would be a good day to stir up a hornet's nest.

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: | July 10, 2008 10:13 AM

***
yep, it's called cab fare to go away -- didn't he pay his 18 yr old GF $300K.

Posted by: anonymous lurker | July 10, 2008 10:16 AM

************

So the $2.1 million will buy him 7 young girlfriends or 5 young girlfriends and a condo.

Posted by: Groovis doin' the math | July 10, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

So resident Celebritoligy art historian works on a Ph.D. at Rutgers, and now James Franco is going to grad school in New York? My plan is coming together...

Also from the Franco story:

"Shaquille O'Neal fulfilled a promise to his mother to finish school after he dropped out of LSU to join the NBA. He went on to get an MBA, and wants to go for advanced degrees in criminology and art history."

I knew someday we'd take over the world.

Posted by: musicgeek, resident art historian, can make her free throws | July 10, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Actually, Bawlmer, I think if you became a podiatrist and set up shop near a college campus you'd be set for life. All those wacky kids wearing flip flops practically year round means big bucks for the foot doctor industry. So you'd still be near academia...

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

My get rich scheme involves opening a dermatology clinic across the street from a high school.

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Cook's current girlfriend better look out now that he has the extra cash

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Man. To be 18 again and pulling down one of those 300K summer jobs. I assume I never had one, at least - I don't remember checking behind any picture frames though, so I guess it's possible I had one and didn't know it. (Although there is that crucial hottiness plus older millionaire aspect lacking in any of my youthful gigs.)

I can't believe anyone would pay 3 mill for pics of M. McConaughey's kid. What's his name again - Seamus Berkowitz? Itzhak O'Laughlin? I keep forgetting.

Posted by: epony | July 10, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 10:27 AM

Why do undergrads do this? I have seen scads of them sporting flip-flops while walking to class in the snow. I tolerate no whining if they lose a toe to frostbite during lecture. That's what you get when you have celinedion for brains and dress like an idiot.

Posted by: musicgeek | July 10, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

www.people.com/people/article/0,,20211267,00.html

Posted by: luvlinsey | July 10, 2008 9:40 AM

*************************

Liz Kelly, if you link this awful, awful song, I will hunt you down...and well I won't do any harm to you, but I will hunt you down and give you a good talkin' to.

Posted by: Don't Do It, Liz | July 10, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 10:21 AM

What's to talk about? You rub dirt on it, right?

Posted by: jes | July 10, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: musicgeek | July 10, 2008 10:36 AM

****************************************

Okay, I confess to be one of the flip-flop wearing undergrads. But I think in Texas it's a little different. For starters it hardly ever drops below 50 degrees and generally for most of the year we stay above 70 degrees. Also, I have extremely flat feet, and find flip flops to be more comfortable than most shoes.

My recommendation is that if you do wear the flops, get a good thick pair with some support that will last, none of those cheap Old Navy flip flops. Also My rule was anytime it dropped below freezing, or was cold and wet I would wear shoes.

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 10, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Yesterday the MMs were discussing sun-blocks so their little preciouses wouldn't get nasty old suntans.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

------------------

The nickname is from the British. I guess when she bacame faux British they decided she needed a nickname. Personally, I'd have gone with celinedionhead.

Posted by: jes | July 10, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

From OP:

Frozen bags of corn or peas are also awesome ice packs, esp when the kids outgrow booboo bear.

Posted by: Fo3 | July 10, 2008 9:57 AM

*************************************

Can someone explain to me what a "booboo bear" is, and what is wrong with these parents?

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: | July 10, 2008 10:13 AM

Sometimes it's just the easiest way to make them go away... it's what I did (on a much smaller scale, of course) He probably didn't work much after becoming Mr. Christie Brinkley.

Posted by: b | July 10, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Thank you, Liz, for providing us such a rich pile of cellinedion to dig through.

The ledes are all so pithy: Madge, MJ, $$$ for pix, Christie, Ethan . . . it just don't git much better 'n this.

This is going to be a sunshine day, no doubt about it.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

when did everyone start calling Madonna
***
td, the british started it because when she arrived, she acted as if she was royalty, hence, her majesty, cut down to madge.

Posted by: janet thinks madonna looks muscley and scary these days | July 10, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

A booboo bear is someone who helps you steal a pic-i-nic basket.

Posted by: Groovis | July 10, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

i think robert downey jr. would make an awesome holmes....

i think baron cohen could do a great holmes stright, but there ought to be some things that are off-limits for comedic interpretations, and sherlock is one of them.

Posted by: b | July 10, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

pfft. i meant baron cohen could do a great holmes "straight," as in non-comedic portrayal.

i need more coffee.

Posted by: b | July 10, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

brinkley gets sole custody of their two children, Jack, 13, and Sailor, 10, and gets to keep all real estate. She's agreed to pay Cook $2.1 million." Anyone know why she'd have to pay him?
****
so she could keep the kids and everything else, all the expensive real estate in the hamptons.

Posted by: janet finds christie b to be one shrewd gal | July 10, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Frozen bags of peas and corn are nothing compared to what Emily does with frozen spinach. A word to the wise: never accept her offer of a spinach pie.

Posted by: OP refugee | July 10, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ep | July 10, 2008 9:02 AM

If only I wasn't so busy... charting all the relationships to see if they intersect anywhere would be a fun way to kill the day....

Posted by: b | July 10, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: musicgeek | July 10, 2008 10:36 AM

I went to school in Maine and had friends who would regularly wear flip-flops and shorts in the snow. (Of course, many of these folks got heavily into, shall we say, the wacky tobaccy during senior year.) I wore big honkin' boots from November to early April; flip-flops get virtually no traction on ice.

Posted by: Bawlmer misses her big honkin' boots. | July 10, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

I thought Madge was her spiritual kabbalah name.

Posted by: epony joins the ranks of embarrassed to know this | July 10, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Do you think Olivia N-J has had her face "refreshed?" Seems like she's trying to emulate Pricilla Presley....

Posted by: Groovis | July 10, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

"I got everything I've been wanting for two years," Cook said.

Guess he really didn't want the kids?

Posted by: WDC 21113 | July 10, 2008 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Groovis | July 10, 2008 10:59 AM

In Memphis, we call that "getting clear-koted."

Posted by: b | July 10, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 10:21 AM

I'm going over there to suggest peeing on a cut to clean it. After all, thanks to "Fight Club," we all know that it's sterile...

Posted by: former 21044 | July 10, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I thought Madge was her spiritual kabbalah name.

*************************************

I thought she took the name Ester.

Posted by: Dorkus M. extremely embarrassed to know this | July 10, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

No, her special-secret Kabbalah name is Esther....

Posted by: RiverCityRoller is really embarrassed to know this.... | July 10, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

He got it last August. He left grad school when Queen came along, and then picked up his research again after 36 years:

Paul Verhoeven has a master's degree in math and physics, talents he drew upon mightily when he directed Showgirls.

Posted by: ADHD | July 10, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 10:47 AM

Booboo bears or bunnies (made from washclothes!) have those reusable ice cubes or just plain ice cubes in them -- it's a glorified ice pack. Make the kids "feel" better.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | July 10, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: b | July 10, 2008 10:54 AM

-------

Kevin Bacon HAS to be there somewhere.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: b | July 10, 2008 10:50 AM

He worked, or at least had an office -- that's how he met the 18 year old assistant...So the story goes...

Posted by: WDC 21113 is catching up! | July 10, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: b | July 10, 2008 10:54 AM

Anyone else think Madonna is the Kevin Bacon of the dating world? With her, Mayer, and A-Rod, the possibilities are limitless. Quick, someone link her with Ben Affleck in six steps or less!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Oops, 'mudge (not be confused with Madge) beat me to it. Great minds think alike.

Posted by: Bawlmer | July 10, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

The name "Madge" reminds me of that old commercial for Palmolive - "softens your hands while you do the dishes..."

Posted by: Groovis | July 10, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 10:30 AM
============

My get rich quick scheme has to do with those fat sucking doctors teaming up with those lip/boob embiggener doctors.

Of course, I'd be their agent and get a hanscome share of the take (in Euros, please).

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

"...charting all the relationships to see if they intersect anywhere would be a fun way to kill the day...." - Posted by: b

*****

What's weird is that if you do chart it, it ends up looking exactly like a mathematical description of the universe.

Posted by: byoolin is all, like, WHOA. | July 10, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

If you google carm down, fatty it no longer suggests you meant "calm down, fatty"

Posted by: Breaking google news! | July 10, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

1. Madonna to Guy Ritchie
2. Guy Ritchie to Jason Statham (Snatch)
3. Jason Statham to Mark Wahlberg (The Italian Job)
4. Mark Wahlberg to Matt Damon (The Departed)
5. Matt Damon to Ben Affleck (Pretty much all of Affleck's carreer).

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Whoops that was me at 11:18

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Doesn't the apartment association have it backwards? Shouldn't they be after the dog to clean up after Dane Cook?

DaneCook seems to be a more evocative euphemism for excrement than does CelineDion, as in

"I feel so much better after taking that massive DaneCook!"

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Wow, dorkus and RCR, you should be soooo embarrassed to know that...

Posted by: epony is secretly relieved that she was out geeked | July 10, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

newest rumor suggests 62 year old cher will marry a 36 year old hell's angel later this year. it is reported that he will sign a $600 million pre-nup. is this a great world or what?

Posted by: janet keeps her eye on the ball | July 10, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

But isn't it cool how we were both thinking the same thing at the same time?

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 10, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

wouldnt dina and james franco make a cute couple? they'd be the new ashton and demi!

every1, plz support ali and listen to her new song!

Posted by: luvlinsey | July 10, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I'm still impressed that Michael Jackson was able to turn himself into a white person and naturally produce white children with his own sperm by having sex with his beloved wife and not just have his purchased womb artificially inseminated with sperm that he bought from a white guy. That's science, folks!

Posted by: atb | July 10, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

thankyou Sas. another entry into the Glossary:

DaneCook - a heftier version of celinedion; as in, "I feel so much better after taking that massive DaneCook"

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

On C-sections: You can have a vaginal delivery after one.

I just think that Angelina doesn't want to have kids come out of her baginga so she can keep stealing husbands.

Dorkus is you like OP so much why don't you go over there?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: We (heart) RCR! | July 10, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus is you like OP so much why don't you go over there?

Posted by: | July 10, 2008 11:26 AM

***********************************

Who's to say I haven't already been over there.

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Actually, atb, that's Lysenkoism. Stalin was very big on that.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | July 10, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: janet peeked at the op site for the first time. | July 10, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Nosy- I'll do you one better. See Lamarck.

Posted by: atb | July 10, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Anon at 11:26, I'll bet my whole collection of Cher dolls (even the oscar peacock headdress one) that you can't find a single doctor who would agree to be part of a twins VBAC delivery. (For the uninitiated, VBAC is vaginal birth after cesarian.) Most doctors don't like 'em because it works less than half the time. And for twins... forget it. WHOLE COLLECTION of Cher dolls.

Posted by: WDC | July 10, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Breaking breaking news!

A prior use of "carm down" has been found on Fat Rat Central:

"spend about half an hour a day with him stroking and holding him, after a few days maybe even weeks he should carm down and be easier to handle."

Celinedion! This is disturbing on SO many levels.

Posted by: M Street | July 10, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

WHOLE COLLECTION of Cher dolls.

Posted by: WDC | July 10, 2008 11:40 AM

******************************************

(Shudder)

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 10, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

On second thought, maybe that quote should have been my Creative Captioning contest entry....

Posted by: M Street | July 10, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: We (heart) RCR! | July 10, 2008 11:32 AM

AHAHAHAH! That made my day!
How much for the matched set of pillows? (Reminds me of the site Subversive Cross Stitch- do the Google, but be warned, NSFW language.)

And well played, Dorkus...well played. I was suggesting a different kind of linking than movies, though.

Posted by: Bawlmer | July 10, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

It was probably atb.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

"If you google carm down, fatty it no longer suggests you meant 'calm down, fatty'" --Breaking google news! | July 10, 2008 11:14 AM

And look what happens with Google Image Search:

You get LIZ!

Posted by: td | July 10, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus is you like OP so much why don't you go over there?

Posted by: | July 10, 2008 11:26 AM
---------

nanny nanny boo boo to you, 11:26

Posted by: curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Let's see, Madonna is self-absorbed, & John Mayer, a rock star, sleeps with groupies.

In other news, the sky is blue, the Pope is still Catholic & water is still wet.

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 10, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I believe Madonna's kaballah name is Esther.

Posted by: still admits it is lame to know this | July 10, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

atb, I was thinking exactly the same thing. Assuming that those are his actual kids and not stand-ins (which wouldn't surprise me), not one of the three of them appears to have manifested a single African-American gene. Seemy kinda fishy, no?

Posted by: Wikijen | July 10, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Alas, I have no time to make my wares to sell since I work (slack) full time, and am starting night school soon to become a special ed teacher. I think what I will miss most of all is the ability to snark with you guys. I think if I took up cross stitching at my desk someone would take note.

Bawlmer - I love that site! I make "Babies Suck" for friend who would appreciate it.

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | July 10, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Okay, evidently I'm not the only loser here.

Posted by: still coming late to the Esther party | July 10, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Whoa, whoa, whoa....RCR, are you saying you're leaving?? Am I mis-reading your post? 'splain, Lucy...

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

If I get a job teaching this year (may be likely as they are crazy desperate for special ed teachers 'round here) I won't be able to participate in the day-to-day snark fest until after school hours.

But then again, I could be crawling back to my current place of employment and snarking again after a few weeks of teaching...

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | July 10, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Okay, but for now, you're still here. Whew. I thought we had a ship-jumper.
BTW, Esther, in the Old Testament which is where I assume Madge found her Kabbalah name, was the poor girl who slept with the king in order to save her people. Suppose Madonna is trying to tell us mere mortals something??

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | July 10, 2008 12:12 PM

Oh come on, teachers work like 180 days. You'll be fine.

Posted by: Snarky!!! | July 10, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

"someone captioned FYT on the op site posted a note that says the celeb freaks on their boring blog are plotting against them. hahahahahahahahaha. several suspicious entries were noted by myself."

Agree. Those egomaniac MMs sure know how to piss away money - glorified ice bags, "princess" band-aids!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Stop the breeding! | July 10, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

What a hoot!

Arlington Cemetery's deputy superintendent's name is Thurman Higginbotham.

It says so right in The Washington Post!

hahahahahahahahaha

Posted by: Curmudgeon wipes tears of mirth from her eyes | July 10, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stop the breeding! | July 10, 2008 12:19 PM

********************************************

Owe the humanity!!!!!

Posted by: Dorkus M. (had to be said) | July 10, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus

"By the way, has anyone checked out OP today? they are talking about what to do with your kid when they get a scratch or a bruise."

The blogger mentions that he had perfect attendance all through high school...not a good sign.

Posted by: Weird | July 10, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

I'm cool with the assumption that I'm a MM, but I resent the accusation that I post anonymously, like YOU, "July 10, 2008 11:48 AM".

Posted by: atb | July 10, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Ok, so I spent a few bucks more to get a "Lightning McQueen" freezer/boo-boo thing of the lil' lizard, and it's so worth it for the placebo effect.

Posted by: anon regular lizard for this one... | July 10, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Perfect attendance...a chair has perfect attendance too.

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Owe the humanity!!!!!

Posted by: Dorkus M. (had to be said) | July

Learn how to spell!

Posted by: Stop popping out babies (had to be said) | July 10, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

I don't know....ever since I bought my 13 year old son the Hooters freezer/boo boo thing, he keeps getting hurt all the time. What's up with that? (Sasquatch - that's for you)

Posted by: Groovis | July 10, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

I'd just like to add that atb is cool in my book and I do think she(?) sold us out. My theory is that they have a spy in our midst.

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 10, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Groovis, may my IT department bill you for the new keyboard?

Posted by: Dorkus of the Maximii | July 10, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

atb is the Trojan Lizard?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, that should have read "I don't think she(?) sold us out.

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

RE: Stop popping out babies (had to be said) | July 10, 2008 12:35 PM

----

SMAME! Don't you know your Lizardology, poopinng out?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I think atb may be a Lizard commando.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Good MM/OP crossover episode today....

Posted by: Keep 'em coming | July 10, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

If any of you are Donna or Cecilia, bravo! I find them very amusing.

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | July 10, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

This maybe a bit premature but I'm packing.

RCR, certainly you can post during lunch and recess (do they still do recess?)

Posted by: petal,to the island | July 10, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

People, they are trying to get us to turn on each other. Just play possum(no offense) and this should be over in short order.

Posted by: It's part of a larger plan | July 10, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Okay, but for now, you're still here. Whew. I thought we had a ship-jumper.

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 12:15 PM

I would not say that Esther was a poor girl. If you read the story (why we Jews celebrate Purim) she uses her prowess in the bedroom to convince the king to not allow one of his closest advisors to eradicate the Jewish people and to have the advisor and his family killed instead. Quite an impressive feat considering the story opens with the king killing off his old wife because she did not come to him when he called her to at a party and then searched for a replacement by having girls audition in the bedroom.
Esther was a very impressive woman and Madge my friends is no Esther. She just wishes she could be. I remember a lot of people being upset when she announced that she chose that name, not to mention upset at the idea of Kabbalah as a religion in the first place

Posted by: That Guy | July 10, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

So instead of "Michael Jackson (who now shops from a wheelchair)..." I read "Michael Douglas..." and thought how is this newsworthy?

Posted by: still | July 10, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Chief Dorkus writes:

"My theory is that they have a spy in our midst."

Judging by the picture of Pamela Anderson, I think I know where the spy has been hiding.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

"I would not say that Esther was a poor girl. If you read the story (why we Jews celebrate Purim) she uses her prowess in the bedroom to convince the king to not allow one of his closest advisors to eradicate the Jewish people and to have the advisor and his family killed instead"

We Wiccans believe that Esther was a hot babe!!

Posted by: That Girl | July 10, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Do you think they make an Esther freezer/boo boo thing?

Posted by: Groovis is always thinking of her son.... | July 10, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

This board is pitiful. It is one of the most contentious and least supportive forums for sharing opinions I know of, and since the focus is supposed to be families and children I'm amazed people are coming here to trade insults. Come on, people. Go join a board that is designed to encourage snarky, hide-behind-anonymity vitriol. It's obvious some posters get on here just dying to find fault and let the insults fly. Yeah, it's a free country, but it's sad you're coming here to let loose. For God's sake, it's about KIDS and how best to raise them! Go find some board about dogfighting or sports or human sacrifice or something to find people to attack. But to be so nasty to people talking about band-aids and the importance of regular medical check-ups? That's just sad.

Posted by: ljb | July 10, 2008 1:08 PM

************************************

"snarky, hide-behind-anonymity vitriol."

they can't possibly be talking about us, can they?

Posted by: Dorkus reporting from OP | July 10, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

No, I am Cecilia and I have never posted on this blog before! But thanks for the compliment! (and not mocking me!)

Posted by: Cecilia | July 10, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Cecelia, are you a fan of Linsey Lohan?

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | July 10, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Linsey who?

Posted by: Cecilia | July 10, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Linsey who?

Posted by: Cecilia | July 10, 2008 1:20 PM

=======

Owe, the humanity!

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

As I have mentioned on OP, I keep all such stuff from my little precious.

And you here are correct, there are a bunch of mean mommies over there! They are always mocking me!

Posted by: Cecilia | July 10, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

"Owe, the humanity!"

Oh, I know that one. Led Zepplin 1972

Posted by: Cecilia | July 10, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

As I have mentioned on OP, I keep all such stuff from my little precious.

Posted by: Cecilia | July 10, 2008 1:23 PM

-----------

Cecilia -

Sorry, but you are asking for trouble here.

Please, log out and back away from your keyboard now.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

RE: Stop popping out babies (had to be said) | July 10, 2008 12:35 PM

----

SMAME! Don't you know your Lizardology, poopinng out?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 12:41 PM

I thought Lizards popped out eggs. Or maybe they lay fresh snark.

Posted by: Bawlmer wants to know when methink's tiki bar opens. | July 10, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Bawlmer wants to know when methink's tiki bar opens. | July 10, 2008 1:28 PM

**************************************

methinks, will we be able to watch the Cowboys play on the TV at the tiki bar?

Posted by: Dorkus says go Cowboys! | July 10, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait for the awesome LOST watching parties! The smoke monster will seem extra scary whilst watching on an island.

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | July 10, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Madge Rosie O'Donnel's nickname for Madonna from back when they were BFF's?

Posted by: Questioner | July 10, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Bawlmer wants to know when methink's tiki bar opens. | July 10, 2008 1:28 PM

**************************************

methinks, will we be able to watch the Cowboys play on the TV at the tiki bar?

Posted by: Dorkus says go Cowboys! | July 10, 2008 1:29 PM

*************************************
Only if you extend the Skins fans the same courtesy.

Posted by: Bawlmer is trying to play nice. | July 10, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Matthew McConaughey Reportedly Sells Baby Pix for $3M

"Newborns: I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Posted by: AK | July 10, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

My Conan Doyle nerd fix is delightedly relieved that RDJ will be playing him in a straight version. I agree SBC could probably do a good job (again, straight version) but the thought of him and Ferrell doing a comedic one makes me cringe.

I'm in the cut angie some slack camp--twins are most often delivered by c-section these days; mandatory bed rest is a drag and could be the result of minor complications (my twins bearing friends both had to do it and it was torturous). And I'm not giving a whole lot of credence to anonymous "insiders" providing fodder for tabloids.

So Matthew surferdude is selling the pix of the baby--is he going to give the money to charity? (I don't remember--Did Lopez and skeletor give their proceeds to charity?) And I had to laugh at the rep who "begged" him not to do it because he's an "A-Lister"--um, quite aside of the absurdity of that statement, what would he call Brad Pitt?

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Only if you extend the Skins fans the same courtesy.

Posted by: Bawlmer is trying to play nice. | July 10, 2008 1:37 PM

Well, Party Planner Groovis, it looks like we are going to have a tiki bar full of tv's. One broadcasting each game to please all Lizards. You should probably just order NFL Sunday Ticket now.

Posted by: hr girl | July 10, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

"I got everything I've been wanting for two years," Cook said.

Guess he really didn't want the kids?

Posted by: WDC 21113 | July 10, 2008 11:02 AM

My thoughts exactly!

Posted by: I posted the "why does she have to pay" question | July 10, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

"Brother says Madge is in love with herself"

And in other news, the death rate remains unchanged at one per person...because I mean, really, haven't we known that for about 20 years?

Posted by: HM | July 10, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

hr girl - what's a good bar without a bunch of televizzles? Boring! I say we come up with some drinking games for football season.

Posted by: Groovis is ironing her toga | July 10, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm clearly late to the party today, but just had the thought that a good celeb-name for Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck might be Jennifleck--nice celebrity overtones there, with reference to genuflect, and it flows like a real word.

But, you know, like Madge I'm in love with myself, so maybe it's not as great as I think.

Posted by: HM | July 10, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

The LI Tiki Bar: Home of the Perfect Mojito is officially open. Belly up.
Naturally there are televisions available for sports fan of every denomination though as I recall, 'Skins and Cowboys fans (like BoSox & Yanks, ChiSox & Cubs, etc.) ought not mix. I'll draw a virtual line in the sand for those folks who can't sit side by side peaceably or peacefully.

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Today's A lister is yesterday's C lister, just like today's size 0 is yesterday's size 6. Yesterday's size 0s have to shop in the junior section, but what's an A lister supposed to do? Perhaps they could be zeta listers, and march backwards down the Greek alphabet as the likes of Matthew McStinky try to lay claim to a higher listing than they merit.

For the record, I'm no sneak and I'm no tattle. My favorite part of the Lizard-MM battle is when someone on OP posts some "warning" about the Lizards, like we need to hunker down and get ready for an attack. Who KNOWS what Lizards are capable of in a blog?!?! There are WORDS involved here, people, sticks and stones be DAMNED.

Posted by: atb | July 10, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

"I'll draw a virtual line in the sand for those folks who can't sit side by side peaceably or peacefully.
Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 1:52 PM"

Thanks methinks. Alternatively, you can just keep the festive drinks coming; after a few glasses, we'll either be draped affectionately over each other or fighting to the death in the parking lot.

Posted by: Bawlmer | July 10, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer | July 10, 2008 1:58 PM
*********
The LI Tiki Bar: Home of the Perfect Mojito is such a cool place that there's never any fighting. Snarking...maybe. Sniping..perhaps. But overall, it's very chill.

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Okay, so am I a mean kitty mommy for dropping off both boys at the pet spa for baths today, scaring them to death but relieving them of fleas and flea dirt prior to giving them flea treatment; or does their subsequent relief excuse me? It's really weird to have access to my keyboard without one or the other furkin taking over my desk.

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Angelina Jolie probably isn't the most emotionally comfortable person anyway.

Let's hope Ethan Hawke's pregnant mistress doesn't plan to hire a nanny.

Posted by: Californian | July 10, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer | July 10, 2008 1:58 PM

*******************************************

Bawlmer, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 10, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

There are WORDS involved here, people, sticks and stones be DAMNED.

Posted by: atb | July 10, 2008 1:54 PM

maybe the shouting will stop if everyone ignores her.

Posted by: huh? | July 10, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

I like atb. So nyah.

Posted by: RiverCityRoller appreciates all caps in a good snark | July 10, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

atb is always welcome on the island.

Posted by: Dorkus Maximus, Celebritology Island Tribal Chieftan | July 10, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Furkin -- what all pets are. we would much rather have them around than merkins and tumbleweaves.

Everyone was berating Christie Brinkley for going to trial. What was she supposed to do? He was demanding full custody of the kids. No woman in her right mind (not even the MMs) would let a man who uses his son's computer to surf for porn have custody. Now, it apparently turns out, he was just using the custody thing as a threat. He's the jerk. She was just trying to protect her kids.

Wanna bet baby McConaughey smells better than daddy?

Posted by: ep | July 10, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

2:25 was NOT me. We have another troll.

Posted by: ep | July 10, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

"Who KNOWS what Lizards are capable of in a blog?!?!"

We could always confuse them by switching between the wide array of languages that Lizards speak faster than they can decode them with Babblefish.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

RCR, just saw your Carm Down Fatty bookmark on the chat! Nice work, girl!

Posted by: h3 | July 10, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

The MMs have gotten onto a Princess Bride tangent, excellent...

Posted by: Dorkus, a Montegomerry Burns | July 10, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Scrubs canceled?

Posted by: o.l. | July 10, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Hey hermespal! Are you planning to use Frontline? Works great on my cats, and on me, too!

Posted by: Flea-Free Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Hey Squatch! Yes, Frontline. Glad it keeps you bug free!

I would have given it to them when the fleas first appeared (we live near the beach) but Zabu had scratched himself a raw patch right where the meds go, so I had to wait. Couldn't give it to Tavi or they'd all jump on Zabu. It's been horrible having to wait--they've been miserable. And this solution is so traumatic--for them and for me!

I need a drink at the Lizard tiki bar.

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I'm back from the Live Chat so the bar's open and peanuts are fresh(ish).

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Hermespal, did you bomb the house while everyone was out? If not, the fleas will start going after the humans, and it could be a week or more before they start dying out.

Posted by: Frontline Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Before the FLEAS start dying out.

DOH!

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Geez, Dorkus. How do you suppose they started all the Princess Bride stuff? Remember, we are men of action - lies do not become us.

Posted by: Groovis survived the Fire Swamp and the ROUS | July 10, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I have no earthly idea....

Posted by: Dorkus M. spotting the lightning quicksand | July 10, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

No bomb, but I've boraxed the carpets which has always worked in the past. Reminded me of the old days when I had to bathe one or the other of my cats every weekend (and I did them myself--what an operation) and borax the carpets...then came Advantage and Frontline! Life no longer a perpetual battle against fleas!

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Inconceivable!

Posted by: There, Bawlmer said it. | July 10, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.

Posted by: Hello | July 10, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

There ain't no bugs on me
There ain't no bugs on me
There may be bugs
On some of your mugs
But there ain't no bugs on me.

Sorry, had to do it.

Methinks, might I order a very dry, Ketel One Martini, up with olives? I'll be down on the beach, if Daniel C is available to deliver it. Thanks.

Posted by: B'More Cat but not Flea Lover | July 10, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I can't google "mojitos" at work for obvious reasons, can some good lizard please tell me what I need to buy on the way home to make my own tonight? (I have fresh mint already!)

Posted by: Quick ? | July 10, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

methinks can you make me a Dark and Stormy, A Mighty appetite has the recipe if you need it.

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 10, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Hermespal asks:

"Anyone else tuning in to the TDF? Can we have a few of these world-class cyclists on the island? Wowza."

Unless someone is offering them EPO, they're probably not gonna show.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

B'More Cat...I really wish you hadn't done that. I can NEVER get that little tune out of my head (nor the adorable puppy). I'll be humming that one for the rest of the day. I hope you're satisfied. ;-)

True story: my now husband was hiking some mountain with his best friend. After hours of seeing no one while toiling to the summit, two guys come down the path. As they pass, one of them says, "Whatever you do, don't start thinking of the Gilligan's Island theme song." Mere murder didn't seem enough revenge by the time they finished going up and got down.

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

sugar
mint
lime
grind em up a little
lots of ice
rum
club soda
mint as a garnish
yum

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

You need to use flea-bomb in your home twice, three weeks apart, in order to get all the fleas, because some of the eggs will survive the first time and hatch three weeks later.

Posted by: To Hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

sorry, the previous was the mojito recipe

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Methinks, what's the Tiki Bar price for a classic margarita on the rocks?

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Aw squatch. I know. Hard not to be cynical after the last couple of years (and Landis is definitely lying through his teeth--I saw that stage and it was almost not human). But many of them are mighty fine to look at. And the French countryside isn't too shabby either!

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, methinks!

Posted by: woo hoo! | July 10, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

I thought this was an open bar. I believe the WaPo is picking up the tab.
Order up!

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Hermespal, I'll leave the cyclists to you and the other female Lizards, if you folks leave the podium babes to me and Byoolin.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Dark rum & ginger beer, yes?

Posted by: methinks mixes a dark & stormy | July 10, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't Lizard Island already have a cyclist as official bike messenger?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

f you folks leave the podium babes to me and Byoolin.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:28 PM

*************************************

Hey Sas, what about me?

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 10, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

methinks, add a lime and it's perfect.

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: To Hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:25 PM
***

Appreciate the advice, thanks! I've found the borax takes care of both the fleas and the eggs. Cheap, and it's non-toxic. Highly recommend it!

Posted by: hermespal the flea slayer | July 10, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Droit de seigneur, my liege!

Posted by: Sasquatch yields to the Chief | July 10, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

A lime and it's all yours Dorkus M. *wipes hands briskly and swabs the bar*

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:28 PM

LOL, deal! They are quite a bunch of lookers. George Hincape (formerly US Postal and Discovery, now Columbia rider) married one of them.

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Droit de seigneur, my liege!

Posted by: Sasquatch yields to the Chief | July 10, 2008 3:31 P
========================

Hey, you guys, what about the Droit de senorita?

(Who's this Landis person that is lying through his teeth?)

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Hermespal, your flea treatment recommendation inspired me to write another Pamela Anderson caption.

So if George Hincapie wins a stage, would his wife get jealous when the podium babe kisses George?

Posted by: Flea-Free Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

sorry for the huge link, but have you guys seen hugh jackman? wow! didnt know he looked like that!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Hey, you guys, what about the Droit de senorita?

(Who's this Landis person that is lying through his teeth?)

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 3:34 PM

Posted by: WDC 21113 Googles so you don't have to... | July 10, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the drink methinks.

Also, OP is trading off between licking beaters and quoting the Princess Bride. I feel as though I have accomplished much today.

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 10, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Mudge -- not Madge, asks:

"Hey, you guys, what about the Droit de senorita?"

Mudge, yew women folks will have to sort that out amongst yerselves. We men folk -- at least most of us men folk -- are busy determining the "Pecking Order," for the TDF podium babes,if you get my drift.

(Who's this Landis person that is lying through his teeth?)

Floyd Landis:

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

'Mudge--

Floyd Landis (american) won the Tour de France last year and has been stripped of the title because he tested WAAAAAY over the limit for testosterone after a mountain stage where he made up some ridiculous amount of time (maybe 17 minutes) to regain the lead after a disastrous stage the day before where he'd clearly "hit the wall" physically. He claims innocence. It's b.s.

Squatch, do I have to go over to the caption thing or are you going to tell me here?

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Chief Dorkus, were you part of the licking or the Princess Bride posts on the OP blog?

Posted by: Sasquatch wants to know | July 10, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

My bad. It was 2006 Landis won.

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Animal rights activist Pamela Anderson demonstrates her preferred methods of dealing with fleas in the carpet.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I may have contributed to both conversations.

Posted by: Chief Dorkus | July 10, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Well, while you guys are wrassling over the "pecking" order (haw haw) on podium babes, we women folk are getting dibs on all the best beach chairs.

By the way, what's a podium babe and why would there be a pecking order anyhow?

Posted by: Curmudgeon (aka Mudge not Madge) | July 10, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

If folks want to shorten your name, Curmudgeon, I think they should use the apostrophe, as in 'mudge or 'Mudge. That way you know it's not a typo. That and context clues.

Posted by: methinks | July 10, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Podium babes (there are two for each jersey ceremony) present trophies and double kiss the winning riders. Each stage features eight extremely lovely locals (yellow, green, polka dot and white jersey ceremonies).

Posted by: hermespal tour de france commentator | July 10, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Damn, I forgot to preview--make that ten--I forgot the stage winner.

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:42 PM

Where do I send the bill for the new keyboard?

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

I have two dogs, one spends a lot of time outside and I don't use any flea treatment. I use a flea comb daily and vacuum (mostly to get up all the dog hair) I put a flea collar in my vacuum canister. I also wash their dog bed covers regularly. Have never had a problem with fleas. Dr. Fox, The Animal Doctor, suggests only using treatment when you have a problem, not as a preventative measure.

Posted by: Fleas | July 10, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

"Podium babes (there are two for each jersey ceremony) present trophies and double kiss the winning riders."

One kiss on each.....

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Dammit, 3:35, do you know how hard it is to get drool out of this carpet?!

Posted by: Bawlmer is struck dumb by the power of Jackman. | July 10, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Except for Lance Armstrong, who gets only one kiss.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Sas,

"One kiss on each . . . " what?

Posted by: 'Mudgeeon | July 10, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Wow.

Personally I like the caption: "You know, we'd looked at this picture about 50 times before noticing this abtacular Aussie was wearing a hat."

abtacular is an excellent adjective. Glossary?

Posted by: hermespal agrees with Bawlmer | July 10, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

'Mudge, see Lance Armstrong reference for a hint.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Bawlmer--I bought the subversive stitch book years ago, but have never gotten around to actually stitching anything from it yet. I really want to put several of them up in my office, but just know I'd be sent to anger management class if I did. (We can't all be Kanye and need to have our anger enhanced.)

Also, I Googled the Madge thing and it looks like janet is right about the origin.

"Madonna hated her 'Madge' nickname until husband Guy Ritchie revealed it's British shorthand for 'Your Majesty.' The superstar moved to London to be with her film director spouse Ritchie in the late 1990s and was annoyed when the local tabloid press began calling her Madge.
Ritchie says, 'Then someone told her it was an abbreviation of Your Majesty. Ever since, she's settled in quite nicely, that Madge.' "

Posted by: alex | July 10, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Dammit, 3:35, do you know how hard it is to get drool out of this carpet?!

i know Bawlmer! I just happened to see the pic and thought i'd share with all y'all. Its not a soccer player, so hopefully no one is gonna get in a huff about it like some of the regular commentators have.

Posted by: i'm anon at 335 | July 10, 2008 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Wow.

abtacular is an excellent adjective. Glossary?

Posted by: hermespal agrees with Bawlmer | July 10, 2008 3:57 PM
============

Well, hermespal, while I whole-heartedly agaree with you and the caption, abtacular does not (sadly) have a Lizard etymology.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

I'm a regular poster on this blog. I have something shameful to admit. I LOVE the new Jonas Brothers song, "burning up." I cannot admit this to any of my friends or family for fear of endless mockery. Thanks for being kind.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Well, 'mudge, that's indeed a distinction I failed to make, my bad. I shall, however, be adopting this most excellent description for future use (and may it always bring to mind the picture that inspired it).

Posted by: hermespal too dazed by jackman to think straight | July 10, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Liz, has Nelly Furtado had her baby by Demacio Castellon yet? I get conflicting reports on Google as to whether she was even pregnant, or whether she's married him.

Posted by: Too late for this afternoon's live online chat | July 10, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

hermespal, I just want to throw in a word of caution about the borax. Be sparing in your use of it.

A friend of mine used it when she started getting ants (due to some new construction by her house, I suspect). I think she may have applied it a little bit vigorously. She started getting very ill and her doctor said she'd developed an acute allergy to it out of the blue. She moved in with a relative for a period of months while her house was repeatedly professionally cleaned from top to bottom and all curtains, carpeting, soft furnishings, etc. were removed. That still didn't work--she never could return to the home and she had to sell it and move elsewhere. All because of a few ants and borax!

Normally, borax is actually recommended for people with allergies, but this just goes to show that too much of a good thing can go bad.

Posted by: alex | July 10, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

alex, you should post this on the OP blog. Cecilia and Donna will want to know.

Posted by: MM | July 10, 2008 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Iocaine comes from Australia.

So does Hugh Jackman.

Posted by: Hat? What hat? | July 10, 2008 4:30 PM

********************************************

Just curious as to who posted this on OP.

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I'm beginning to see that one blog is not big enough for this crowd - let's go hughjack, I mean, highjack another one somewhere....

Posted by: Like the Romans of old, Groovis wants to embiggen our world | July 10, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus - I thought it was you....

Posted by: Groovis | July 10, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Today OP, tomorrow the WORLD!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus - I thought it was you....

Posted by: Groovis | July 10, 2008 4:36 PM

***************************************
No, this would be my preferred Australian.

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

I vote for fighting to the death in the parking lot. Unless Jessica really does curse the season; then I'll just gloat. A lot.

Posted by: Sigh | July 10, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, I have a trash-talking problem. I need help. I've had to apologize to friends after trivia games before for my bad behavior..

Posted by: Sigh | July 10, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

alex, you should post this on the OP blog. Cecilia and Donna will want to know.

Posted by: MM | July 10, 2008 4:21 PM

********

Ouch. That was low.

Posted by: alex will sulk now | July 10, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Not to be a spoil-sport, but I think we Lizards must tread lightly onto other blogs.

Not everyone appreciates our sense of humor (go figure), and they take their little e-worlds very seriously.

I surely wouldn't want Queen Liz to get in any pissing matches with colleagues because her humble subjects got likkered up and invaded another territory. (Just think of all the DaneCook the good ol' USofA got into by deciding to go to Iraq.)

Unless, of course, you're thinking of jumping over Gene's wall.

Posted by: Curmudgeon, who is the cranky voice of reason here | July 10, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Sigh, I've got the same problem. Though I bet I could beat you in a trivia contest.

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Alright...to the parking lot with you, Dorkus, for a trivia throwdown, not a fight, since I'm pretty tiny, actually.

And to the real parking lot and home! Later, kids.

Posted by: Sigh | July 10, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: | July 10, 2008 3:35 PM

WOW! Is he gonna be on the island?

Posted by: Sunnydaze | July 10, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Aw, 'mudge - come,on. It was just a teensy weensy invasion....a few Princess Bride quotes, that's all. Honest.

Besides, I'm a mom and I can be mean if I put my mind to it.

Posted by: Groovis | July 10, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

As long as we're on the subject of cross-stitch:

Posted by: Bawlmer opens her nerd-lair for public viewing on alternate Tuesdays. | July 10, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Gee, mom, I promise not to go over to OP again. Ever. Honest.

Posted by: To Groovis | July 10, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Thanks alex, I appreciate the heads up. Haven't had a problem, but maybe because I always have used it sparingly. Basically, while cats are out of the house or at least secured in another room, I vacuum thoroughly. Then I use a collander as a sort of spreader and sprinkle a light amount of the 20 Mule Team type on the carpet. Then I take a broom and sweep it vigorously into the nap so it doesn't stay on the surface. After a couple of hours I vacuum lightly (or quickly) to catch any surface residue. After the next two normal vacuums there are no white granules at all in the cannister (I have a Dyson Animal vacuum, it's FANTASTIC) and the fleas and eggs have dried up and died.

I haven't had to do it for years, so I have no build up. And I only use the Frontline when fleas actually appear, not as a preventative measure.

Thanks to all for moral support and practical advice in this trying time. ;-)

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Ahh yes, the dreaded Princess Bride attack, banned by the Geneva Conventions as no life is immune from it.

Posted by: Chief Dorkus | July 10, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Hey, don't get me wrong.

The MMs deserve all we can throw their way and more. It's too fun to deflate self-satisfied bladders to quit now. Hey, it's what we do best: SNARK.

I just am worried about "the others" (if you know what I mean).

Posted by: Curmudgeon cowers from Lizard scorn | July 10, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

"Others"???????

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Dark rum & ginger beer, yes?

Posted by: methinks mixes a dark & stormy | July 10, 2008 3:29 PM

HELL yes. I am so touched to have found a bar that celebrates dark rum, also known as the nectar of the gods and Captain Jack Sparrow. (Redundant, I know.)

Posted by: musicgeek sees her favorite drink being celebrated and gets emotional | July 10, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

"Others"???????

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 5:14 PM
============

II'm thinking of the political blogs and that religion thingy that Miss Sally runs - those others.

Posted by: Curmudgeon shudders to think | July 10, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

'Mudge, if you've noticed, the humorless politicos have invaded Weingarten's discussion group. Yesterday several of them tried to hijack Gene's request for Armpit of America nominations by arguing about the causes of the Civil War. Then they got snippy when people wrote in to tell them they were off topic.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

'Squatch--do you still go to the Gene Pool? I tried for awhile, but I totally agree that the majority are humorless wonks, and there's even a resident mysogonist whose every post is loaded with bait no matter what the topic. And no one has the sense to totally ignore him, so he keeps coming back. Just ugh. Still, one less time-wasting lure...

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Yipes. They infiltrated the Gene Pool?

Down with humorless pomposity, I say.

Gas up the Trogan Lizard, Sasquatch. This is war.

Posted by: Curmudgeon suddenly feeling het-up | July 10, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

T-R-O-J-A-N

Posted by: Like the condom | July 10, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

whoops, yes, just like the condom (was going to mention how the TL slides . . . never mind)

Posted by: curmudge blushes prettily | July 10, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I still look in on the Gene Pool. I've seen the posts of the person (Stick?) to whom you refer. But there is the occasional gut buster of a post.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

There's Hax-philes too.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Some of the other blogs do seem to attract pedantic, dead boring posters. 'Mudge, maybe we need another layer of branches and leaves outside the opening to the lair.

Although I would be willing to fight in the parking lot with whoever quoted Dr. Michael Fox up above. Sometimes while reading his column I find myself attempting to throttle the newspaper. His most excellent flea advice recently included telling someone fleas didn't bother the animal all that much. I don't believe he's a practicing vet. (Sorry, he's a, ummm, pet peeve of mine.)

Posted by: epony | July 10, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Dr Fox says that fleas don't bother the animal that much?

Then he needs to get himself a mega case of fleas in his scraggly beard.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 5:45 PM | Report abuse

yeah, epony, moraae branches, leaves, and maybe that Patriot battery our SecDef wants.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

(more)

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 10, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

I can't remember, but I seem to remember Warren or some W name with numbers fore or aft.

epony, I pretty much agree with you. I've looked at his site and read his columns, and there are times where I'm totally exasperated. I really would like to make my cats' food, but the recipe on his site is daunting (it'd cost me $25 in gasoline just rounding up the various holistic or organic ingredients). Whenever someone asks a question like, "You've stated before that you don't find annual vaccinations or boosters necessary, so how often SHOULD we do them" and rather than giving some simple reply, he refers you to his site. Well, I can't find the "new recommendations for vaccination protocols" or whatever without searching all over his site (which of course produces more hits for him) so I gave up. I do think he's a real vet, but he's more animal activist than practically helpful. And god forbid you feed your cats dry food, even in combo with wet! Owe the humanity! (Or felinity, as the case may be).

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Dr. Fox is afraid that more cats will start becoming autistic if they're vaccinated.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of unfriendly newspaper people, how long do we give the new managing editor before he decides to start charging for WashingtonPost.com?

Posted by: Curmudgeon counts her pennies | July 10, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

While we're at it, I could also use a Stryker mounted with the 105mm Mobile Gun System. With that rifled 105 and sufficient ammo, I should be able to fight off any invasion from the surface. Couple that with the Patriot battery, and we should be okay.

If you can't get a Stryker Mobile Gun System, I'll take a surplus Bradley mounted with TOW missiles.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Considering that the new guy comes from capitalist pirate central, aka, the Wall Street Journal, I'd give him about 3 weeks until he starts trying to charge for online content. But since I get the fishwrap version of the Post delivered to my home cave, I'm already paying for content. The batard better not charge me extra for online, else I'll drop my subscription to the fishwrap edition.

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 10, 2008 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Why not all three: the gun system, the battery, and the Bradley with a couple Apaches thrown in for patrol.

Hey, why not go for the Abrams.

Posted by: Curmudgeon checks her package | July 10, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Some of us live well outside the delivery area for the dead-tree edition.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 10, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I'll contact some of my Army buddies and see what I can order up.

Posted by: Dorkus | July 10, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: | July 10, 2008 5:54 PM

Crikey. Maybe that's why mine refuse to speak.

Posted by: epony. | July 10, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Mine may never speak to me again. STILL waiting for the call to go pick them up. A full day's ordeal. *groan*

Posted by: hermespal | July 10, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

"If you folks leave the podium babes to me and Byoolin." --Sasquatch

"Hey Sas, what about me?" --Dorkus M.

And me!