Posted at 8:02 AM ET, 07/ 2/2008

Morning Mix: Birth of Brangelina Twins Imminent

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Angelina Jolie enters hospital ahead of birth of twins... Publicist says Madonna and Guy Ritchie have "no divorce plans"... Boy George cancels North American tour... Sacha Baron Cohen to star as Sherlock Holmes... Heidi Montag debuts new song (The hook: "I'm going home with you if I have one more drink.")... New York carriage drivers dump all over Alec Baldwin... Pete Wentz talks about making out with guys... Oscar buzz builds for Heath Ledger's "Dark Knight" performance... Dennis Haysbert says his "24" role paved the way for Barack Obama... Josh Hartnett to star in staged version of "Rain Man"... Christie Brinkley's divorce trial set to begin... Rosie O'Donnell denies rumors of a split with long-time partner.

Crime Watch: Rape charge against Poison's Rikki Rockett dropped.

Rumor Mill: Jay-Z and P. Diddy fans of the Boyzilian... A boy for Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz?... Rose McGowan and director Robert Rodriguez split over movie financing... Pharrell Williams growing new skin to replace tattoos.

Mark These Words
"And I promise you, I absolutely promise you, I will not mention your name in the press, at all, ever again." -- Michael Lohan, in a leaked voicemail to daughter Lindsay.

Good Read
Last week, Raffaello Follieri was living la dolce vita in a $37,500-a-month rental apartment on Fifth Avenue with his girlfriend, the actress and professional ingenue Anne Hathaway. Today, he lives in a 7 1/2 -by-8-foot room with a sink, a desk, a toilet -- and a cellmate. -- David Segal's From Posh to Pokey: The Downward Spiral of Raffaello Follieri

By Liz Kelly  | July 2, 2008; 8:02 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Insta-Poll: Can Will Weather a Scientology Storm?
Next: Wednesday List: Name Brangelina's New Additions

Comments

Also, Geena Davis credited her failed 2005 TV show, "Commander in Chief", as paving the way for Hillary Clinton's failed presidential bid.

Posted by: RiverCityRoller watched the show | July 2, 2008 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Ooo! First!?

Wish I new how to link better --

Posted by: WDC 21113 | July 2, 2008 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Ooo! First!?

Wish I new how to link better --

Posted by: WDC 21113 | July 2, 2008 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Okay, I was tied for first, but only posted once!! What the heck?

Posted by: WDC 21113 | July 2, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Jay-Z and P. Diddy fans of the Boyzilian...

I told y'all that its the latest "it" thing for guys...

Posted by: James from the Block | July 2, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

"I'm going home with you if I have one more drink."

Thanks, Heidi, but I was thinking maybe I buy you three more drinks, we have a quickie in a bathroom stall, you pass out there and I never see you again. How does that work for you?

Posted by: or maybe byoolin could introduce you to Rikki Rocket... | July 2, 2008 8:52 AM | Report abuse

That address for the 'Thank You' letters re Boy George's tour:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D.C. 20528

Posted by: byoolin | July 2, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Pete Wentz talks about making out with guys... A boy for Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz?

************************************
There's a certain serendipity about these two items...

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad for Rikki Rocket, even though I could never stand Poison. It must have been a totally surreal, bizarro mistaken identity bad Lifetime movie experience.

Could someone tell me what it is that this Heidi Montag is famous for. . .besides being owner of an enormous lantern jaw.

Posted by: jelo | July 2, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Please! Not again with the boyzilian!

The article about Raffaello Follieri was good! Def. worth the read.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Angelina better pop today. I have an all day simulated multistate exam and won't be around for the snark if it happens tomorrow.

Sacha Baron Cohen as Sherlock Holmes is just wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

Heidi, Katherine Heigl called, she wants you to shut up. There's only much air for vapid blondes to use to talk, you're using her share.

Posted by: ep | July 2, 2008 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Liz - did you see this? They're totally stealing your and Jen's idea!

(Sorry I don't know how to link right)

Posted by: NYCGal | July 2, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

"New York carriage drivers dump all over Alec Baldwin."
Now there's a group you don't want to get angry. They can quite literally drag your name through the, er, mud.
Sacha Barton Cohen is playing Sherlock Holmes? And Will Ferrell is Watson. Ha! Well, if you guys need me, I'll be in my darkened room, sobbing and clutching my "Complete Arthur Conan Doyle" to my chest.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Oh, but a song about getting tanked and having barely consenting sex is much better. Do you think they took the old camcorder out to some bars to film the video?

Posted by: Mz Fitz | July 2, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

ep - Good Luck on the practice MBE and don't freak out when you score 100. Seriously. You magically get smarter between now and the end of July - I promise!

Posted by: Betty | July 2, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Carriage Driver,
Carriage Driver,
Have you any Alec Baldwin?

Yes, sir!
Yes, sir!
Three bags full!

Posted by: Sasquatch | July 2, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

I'm disappointed that the new Heidi song doesn't come with a craptastic video... I think the song is stupid and mind-numbing but I do think it has much more of a chance to be a hit than that other song did, her voice is so synthesized it covers up the badness. And you know it's going to get some play in da clubs...

Posted by: u street girl | July 2, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

So - Pharrell Williams is growing skin in a lab in NC to replace some of his juvenile tattoos in the hopes that he can then ink some more mature tattoos. Some one tell me that this is a joke.

Posted by: ex cap | July 2, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Please! Not again with the boyzilian!

Posted by: | July 2, 2008 8:58 AM

whats wrong with the boyzilian? are you a hater? do we need to get luvlinsey involved?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

On second thought, maybe Williams misread the Supreme Court's recent decision on the right to bear arms...

Posted by: ex cap | July 2, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

OK OK, in the vein of "I wish I knew how to quit you Heidi" under the "video" of her song on the US magazine website, you can select a link for "Heidi and Spencer's Cheesiest Moments" and it's AWESOME!! If they aren't wearing matching T-shirts then they're hamming it up for the camera. And I don't mean, "here this is my best side" I mean "climb in this wheel barrow while I push you around, it will look totally real!" I can't decide whether to laugh or vomit.

Posted by: Omaha | July 2, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

"As a parent, I would not want my daughter looking up to someone throwing money away, on drugs or coming out of rehab" - Posted by: Mz Fitz

****

You have to look at this statement in its proper context - she was apparently (a)sober or (b)lucid when she said it. What are the odds that something like that will ever happen again?

Posted by: byoolin | July 2, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

BTW, by the rules, Rosie and her wife are on the way to divorce court.

Posted by: ep | July 2, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

I suspect Anne Hathaway will be turning states evidence against her boyfriend. Anne surely received gifts, private jets, and money that came from the scam. She was also on the board of directors of his sham foundation. First the dreadful movie Havoc and now falling for an international con man. The princess' tiara is looking a little tarnished. What am I saying, she's still a smoking hotty!

Posted by: Cleveland Brown | July 2, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

hiedi rulez. u guyz r mean. hiedei is awsum. leave heididi alone!

Posted by: luvheidi | July 2, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Follieri should consider himself lucky. A different cellmate and David Segal's article might have been called "From Posh to Pokee: The Downward Spiral of Raffaello Follieri."

Posted by: byoolin | July 2, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Angelina is giving birth to her twins in France so that someday they can say, in robotic voices, "We are from France." Shades of SNL.

Posted by: Sappho | July 2, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin | July 2, 2008 9:37 AM

Especially since someone commented that he still looked good, even in a neon jumpsuit.

Posted by: Sappho | July 2, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

The real question is, will Nobel Prize-winning President Jed Bartlett (West Wing) pave the way for Al Gore to become President?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Did anybody hear the rumor that Stephen Baldwin is threatening to leave the States if Obama wins the election? What is it with these Baldwin brothers?

Posted by: Stuck@Work | July 2, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Publicist says (Madonna & Guy Ritchie)have "no divorce plans".
--------------------------

Ok, so they're in the pre-planning phase as it were. That's where the prospective divorcee dates married men, right?

Posted by: jes | July 2, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stuck@Work | July 2, 2008 9:58 AM
-----------------------

Who do we have to elect to get rid of the rest of the Baldwin clan?

Posted by: jes | July 2, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sappho | July 2, 2008 9:53 AM

Hopefully Follieri got a boyzillian before he went in. It'll make things easier for him.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stuck@Work | July 2, 2008 9:58 AM

Yeah, they never left after Bush was elected twice.

Liars.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | July 2, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

If William Shatner and Alec Baldwin were in the same room whose ego and bloviating self-importance would crowd out the other? Of course, no one's died on Baldwins watch so I guess Shatners got him there.

Posted by: Stick | July 2, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

RiverCityRoller, you took the name Geena Davis right out of my mouth. Didn't Patty Duke also have a (failed) show as Commander in Chief ("She's the Prez" or some such similar title)? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Does the world need a staged version of "Rain Man"? Isn't this another case of going back to the movie well a bit too often? The movie is dated enough; does "10 minutes to Wapner" mean anything now or will they have to "update" it to "10 minutes to Judge Judy"? Of course, if they "update" it, I suppose the show would then be called "Rain Man. Inspired by. . . ."

Rose McGowan and Roberto Rodriguez? I'm having this video montage of "Spy Kids," "Charmed," "Shark Boy and Lava Girl," and Marilyn Manson running through my head, and believe me, it's not pretty.

Posted by: td is also sad for boy george | July 2, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Stephen Baldwin became a right-wing religious wacko a few years ago, so he would've liked W's election pandering to that side. Obama, not so much.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td is also sad for boy george | July 2, 2008 10:08 AM

Maybe they'll change it to "10 minutes to American Idol" or "10 minutes to [insert reality show of your choice here]."

Posted by: Sappho | July 2, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

I guess I'm in the minority with the Sacha Baron Cohen thing. I think he'll be great as Holmes.

I won't believe Rosie and Kelli are splitting until I see the matching tattoos.

And Omaha @ 9:28 is absolutely correct - that Heidi and Spencer video online is the bomb. I'm talking totally alsome.

Posted by: jaybbub | July 2, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Of course, no one's died on Baldwins watch so I guess Shatners got him there.

Posted by: Stick | July 2, 2008 10:06 AM

**********************************
Ouch Stick, that's a little low don't you think?

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 2, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Other potential presidents, thanks to the movies:

Canadians, (Bruce Greenwood played Kennedy in "Thirteen Days")

Aliens from outer space (Kang & Kodos, "The Simpsons")

faux byoolin, (Kevin Kline, "Dave")

Halfwit draft-dodging C-student (You thought I was going to say GWB, didn't you? Maybe I meant Leslie Nielsen as President Baxter Harris in "Scary Movie 4.")

Posted by: byoolin | July 2, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Stuck, I saw the interview. Laura Ingraham asked him about brother Alec's promise to leave. Stephen said, he was now saying "If Obama is elected, I will leave." Yes, family get togethers in that house are interesting.

Posted by: ep | July 2, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Ok, first Tia Tequila takes credit for legalizing gay marriage in CA, now Dennis Hasbert takes credit for Barak Obama. Celebrities (and I use that word loosely with regard to Tia Tequila) think way too highly of themselves.

Posted by: jake e. poo | July 2, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

So there is a chance we could lose the national treasure that is Stephen Baldwin, star of such hits as...as......hmmmm....this may take a while.

Posted by: Dorkus M. | July 2, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sappho | July 2, 2008 10:13 AM

---------------
Either way, it's just wrong.

Or worse, they'll turn it into a musical. I see visions of "Tradition!" from "Fiddler on the Roof" redone for the opening credits as "Autism!"

That BBC article is dreck, who uses phrases like "tread the boards" anymore: "Hartnett added he knew it was the right time to tread the boards when he read the 'complex and charismatic character' of Charlie Babbitt."

Yeah OK, whatever. I think if Josh wanted better material, he should start with "Flowers for Algernon"/"Charly" instead.

Posted by: td | July 2, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Question-is Stephen Baldwin the one that was arrested for driving a stolen SUV and that may or may not be a heroin addict? Or am I mixing up my Baldwins? Ah, who am I kidding? The US would be better off for any of them leaving.

Also, I was about to go off on Dennis Haysbert for his out-of-control egomania, but then I actually read the full story and realized he seems like a pretty reasonable person (perhaps only slightly egomaniacal). Darn.

Nonetheless, touché, RiverCityRoller. Touché.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | July 2, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

omg byoolin yr so funny!!!!!!! u make celebritoligy the best!!!!!!! ur alsome!

Posted by: luvbyoolin | July 2, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Other potential presidents, thanks to the movies:

Canadians, (Bruce Greenwood played Kennedy in "Thirteen Days")

Aliens from outer space (Kang & Kodos, "The Simpsons")

faux byoolin, (Kevin Kline, "Dave")

Posted by: byoolin | July 2, 2008 10:16 AM

How about the Robin Williams movie about a comedian who runs for president? (Can't remember the title...)

Posted by: Sappho | July 2, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

ah, td, speaking of... I am home packing up my apartment, but my TWO HOURS of the People's Court is making it SO much more bareable! Woo hoo!

Posted by: Betty | July 2, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

faux byoolin, (Kevin Kline, "Dave")
------------------

You lost me, byoo -- or is that really just a gimme-Phoebe-Cates comment?

Posted by: td once caught a fish This Big | July 2, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Daniel (of Homicide-Life on the Street fame) is the Baldwin brother with the long-term substance abuse struggle. Billy plays the son running for the US Senate (whose character has a transsexual girlfriend) in Dirty Sexy Money.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Vincent D'Onofrio would be the ultimate Holmes.

(Sherlock, not John. Though I'm sure he could handle that role as well.)

Posted by: this is not who you think, okay? no, really | July 2, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

td, "Hail to the Chief"

Never saw it my self

Posted by: omni | July 2, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td | July 2, 2008 10:22 AM

Awww, c'mon td. Do you really want the audience awash in tears?

But I agree that he should stay away from any Cruise material, lest he be implicated by association.

Posted by: Sappho, who really should be editing an article about moths | July 2, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I'd be okay if Stephen and Daniel left the country. I like Billy Baldiwn well enough and 30 Rock would be nothing without Alec.

Posted by: Stuck@Work | July 2, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

poor pete wentz..he doesn't know that you can build a thousand bridges and no one calls you an architect. f*** a guy once and you are geigh for life!

Posted by: wats | July 2, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Stephen Baldwin's promise will encourage other washed up but born again actors like Kurt Cameron and Willie Ames to make the same pledge. We can only hope.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

In fairness (if that's not against Celebritology rules) to the Baldwin brothers, they've all been active in raising funds for breast cancer research, out of love for their mother who had BC some years ago.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td | July 2, 2008 10:22 AM

I could swear I saw this as a play in England some 18 years ago...

Posted by: Wasn't this one done already? | July 2, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

faux byoolin, (Kevin Kline, "Dave")
------------------

You lost me, byoo -- or is that really just a gimme-Phoebe-Cates comment?

Posted by: td once caught a fish This Big | July 2, 2008 10:26 AM

*****

See, Kevin Kline played a guy named 'Dave' who was a dead ringer for the real president, and he got pressed into service to play the real president.

Posted by: http://tinyurl.com/448a35 | July 2, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

I am now thinking about the episode of "Family Guy" in which Alec Baldwin is shown breast feeding all three brothers at once. I don't recall the context, but I do remember him telling Stephen to drink up, because he's the weakest.

Posted by: smiff | July 2, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: | July 2, 2008 10:35 AM

Um, that's KIRK.

Posted by: luvgrowngpains | July 2, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

The countdown clock for Rosie and her wife starts......now.

I was trying to think of the cinematic gems that Stephen Baldwin has given us and I have to say, I got nothin, there was the Usual Suspects but he didn't really shine. And I'm not sure that's the right Baldwin.

Posted by: petal | July 2, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Where's luvlinsey. It's her girls B-Day today.

Happy B-Day LiLo

Posted by: omni | July 2, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

It's settled: Madonna and Guy have no divorce plans. If it happens, it happens, so act surprised everyone.

Posted by: m.a.t. | July 2, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

I missed my ability to lurk last week - we went to Canada for a week! and Stephen Baldwin would LOVE it as long as he didn't have to camp and pay for a 4 minute shower. - eh.

He did find religion. Since I'm a reality show junkie, here's my 2 pennies: he was on the Celebrity Apprentice last season. I must say he came across as a doofus! Not wanting to take responsibility for anything, and sucking up to Trump, the King of Comb-overs. I asked myself: if I were a celebrity, why would I suck up to someone who should be social/business equal?

(I watch a lot of really crappy TV, so I know garbage -- that show was REALLY bad.)

I cannot wait to catch up on my Denise Richards, and Lohan trainwrecks.

Daniel Baldwin was on Celebrity Rehab until he was busted sending racy text messages, and pictures of himself to ex-porn queen Mary Carey.
If the Christie Brinkley divorce were on "Divorce Court" they could make a whole season out of it. I'd watch it on Court TV. That's going to be quite the trial. Hopefully the kids won't be anymore traumatized than they are right now.

Posted by: anonymous lurker | July 2, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

"Wasn't there an interview years ago with the Baldwin clan matriarch where she said that all of her sons should go into politics?"

You know, I agree. They should all go into politics. In Somalia.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | July 2, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Let's celebrate Ahmad Jamal's 78th birthday today by humming his biggest hit, "Poinciana."

Posted by: Nosy Parker | July 2, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Hey, wait Somalia has enough problems without inflicting the Baldwins on them.

Luvlindsey is out buying a birthday present and putting on a party for her BFF.

Posted by: ep | July 2, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Stephen was in Threesome and BioDome. If that's not range, I don't know what is.

Billy Baldwin was in a great little flick called "A Pyromaniac's Love Story", for that alone I think he should be able to stay the country.

No idea what Daniel's done - other than get booted from a reality show about celebrity rehab.

Posted by: Stuck@Work - Who apparently knows WAY too much about the Baldwin brothers | July 2, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Liz, did you miss this one?

"Helmsley, Dogs' Best Friend, Left Them Billions":

Besides the already-revealed $12 million to her own Maltese dog Trouble, Helmsley reportedly left nearly the entire rest of her trust ($5-$8 billion) for the care and welfare of dogs.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | July 2, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Ummmmmmm.... We've got more than we can handle. Thanks for the offer but no.

Posted by: Somalia | July 2, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Should've sent the Baldwins to Zimbabwe to run for president.

Posted by: possum | July 2, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: http://tinyurl.com/448a35 | July 2, 2008 10:37 AM
--------------

Ah. It all becomes clear.

And thanks for the title of the Patty Duke president show and for the "Charly" comments -- it's been done on stage already? Well, there's always the Tony for best revival. Everything old is new again. And again. And again.

Posted by: td needs to visit tinyurl more often | July 2, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I totally think Haysbert is right!

And if Rain Man is to have another life onstage, it needs to be as a musical. Just a suggestion.

Posted by: Ame | July 2, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

If Will Smith finaly admits that he is a Scientologist, will he be considered "born again"?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 2, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget Adam Baldwin, who was actually really funny as Jayne Cobb on Firefly.

Posted by: tl | July 2, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Hey, I can't believe you left out Morgan Freeman as President Tom Beck in the movie Deep Impact. Dennis Haysbert was not the "first" black president.

Posted by: What about Morgan? | July 2, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tl | July 2, 2008 11:17 AM

---------------------------------

Not part of that Baldwin clan.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

The site with the Pharrell article is blocked for me. So I can only imagine that in the basement of his house, he has several people in a pit and hands them "the lotion" from time to time.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | July 2, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | July 2, 2008 11:25 AM

eeeeeeew!

Red Dragon?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 2, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tl | July 2, 2008 11:17 AM

---------------------------------

Not part of that Baldwin clan.

Posted by: | July 2, 2008 11:20 AM

REALLY?! Well there you go! I always thought he looked like a Baldwin. Thanks for letting me know!

Posted by: tl | July 2, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

So does anyone think Liz Kelly will try to wade through last week to come up with a 'Comment of the Week'? We had some doozies.

Posted by: jes | July 2, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tl | July 2, 2008 11:17 AM

---------------------------------

Not part of that Baldwin clan.

Posted by: | July 2, 2008 11:20 AM

Posted by: tl | July 2, 2008 11:36 AM

*********************************************

I think the way to tell that Adam Baldwin is not part of the Baldwin clan, is that Adam can act.

Posted by: Dorkus | July 2, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

wasn't daniel baldwin on the sopranos, playing himself? he was in chris's slasher movie. he was alsom!

Posted by: wats | July 2, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Adam Baldwin gets really ticked if you call him one of the Baldwins. Apparently, he played to type in Firefly.

Posted by: ep | July 2, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

From Adam Baldwin's IMDB page:

"No relation to the Baldwin brothers Alec Baldwin, Daniel Baldwin, William Baldwin and Stephen Baldwin, who are from Long Island, NY (Adam is from the Chicago area)."

Posted by: Adam Baldwin | July 2, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Are any of the Baldwins working steady besides Alec (or are they milking the last shreds of celebrity on the reality circuit?)

Feeling bad for Adam -- boy that's got to be tough...

Posted by: anonymous lurker | July 2, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

"I'm going home with you if I have one more drink."

Wow, that Heidi Montag gets more Jesus-like evry day. I can't wait for her Christian CD featuring songs like

"Gimme another hit of that Communion wine"
"Forgive me Father, for I want to sin with you"
"Going commando in church"

Posted by: Questioner | July 2, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

jaybub,
i think sacha would make a great holmes, too.

but jeremy brett was THE BEST HOLMES EVER!

Posted by: b | July 2, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

"Rockett, whose real name is Richard Ream"

Richard.....**laughs until she cries & can't breathe**.....Ream.

Oh the jokes are too many to even contemplate!!

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 2, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Related to today's main headline, here's an etiquette question I've been pondering about Kitchen Passes.

If the same person appears on both partners' lists (most likely to happen in a same-sex couple), what is proper procedure should we slip into an alternate universe ('cuz I don't see it happening in this world) and all three people are in the same room at the same time?

Posted by: mouse | July 2, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

"what is proper procedure should we slip into an alternate universe . . . and all three people are in the same room at the same time?"

You get "Threesome," starring Stephen Baldwin.

Posted by: josh charles | July 2, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

It's profoundly disturbing to think that both mouse and the mousespouse have Stephen Baldwin on their kitchen lists.

Posted by: and byoolin doesn't profoundly disturb easily. | July 2, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Curmudgeon,

That was from Silence of the Lambs.

Anonymous Lurker,
I was trying to remember who watched so I won't have to. Glad to have you back and hopefully you submit a recap next time the trainwrecks air.

Posted by: petal | July 2, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

So very, very much wrong with that. Even if he were a woman, the whole born-again thing would get in the way. And the only Baldwin I'd consider turning for is Adam (who is not one of *those* Baldwins).

Posted by: mouse | July 2, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

eeeeeew, yes, thanks petal

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 2, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

If Madge and Guy have no "divorce plans" do you think they could just pencil it in when the mood suits?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | July 2, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Questioner:

As Heidi Montag becomes more and more like Jesus, if she wants to have one more drink in order to go home with someone, she could just turn water into wine.

It really saves on the bar tab.

And Prince Charles would willingly use the leftovers to fuel up the Bentley.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | July 2, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Yep, next up in divorce court (in no particular order):
Madonna and Guy
Rosie and partner
Ellen and Portia

Y'know, if someone's a fan of the Boyzilian (or Brazilian, for that matter), I really wish they'd keep that TMI to themselves. I do NOT need that information, thank you.

Ah, 9:54, you beat me to my wondering if Martin Sheen paves the way for a smart president? Here's hoping.

Posted by: Californian | July 2, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

to the trainwreck watchers:
I think I have them DVRing today so I can watch after the kiddies go to bed.

Also, do you think we could get a groundswell of Celebrity Divorce Court going? The parties are airing the dirty laundry in the tabs anyway, why not capitalize it, and just sign the couples in advance.

It's not like we don't know it's coming: the tatoos, the PR flak denials, the couple themselves saying "we're more in love than ever, blah, blah, blah"

Just sign the pairs when they start showing these signs, then schedule them as soon as one appears in public without the ring.

It could be reminscent of Anna Nicole in court defending her support payments saying, "well, it costs a lot to be me"

Posted by: anonymous lurker | July 2, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

What about James Earl Jones? He portrayed the first black US president in a 1972 film called The Man, based on a novel by Irving Wallace, screenplay by Rod Serling. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

Posted by: lafred | July 2, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Sascha Baron Cohen is going to be Watson. Will Ferrell is slated to be Sherlock Holmes.

Posted by: £££ | July 2, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Heidi's "song" makes me think of a possible reason for why Van Gogh did what he did.

Posted by: £££ | July 2, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

poundsterlingpoundsterlingpoundsterling, where did you get that? The article says SBC as holmes, Ferrel as Watson.

Oh the hell with it, the whole notion depresses me. What happened to the rumored Robert Downey Jr as Holmes?

Posted by: hermespal | July 2, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

My bad. You're right hermespal. You can call me LLL or ###.

Posted by: £££ | July 2, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

£££, It's Sacha Baron Cohen as Holmes, Ferrell as Watson. Not that that's much if any improvement.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I kind of liked Will Ferrell and Sherlock Holmes and Sascha as Watson.

Cohen's character in "Talladega Nights" reminded me of the French character on "Cheers" who kept saying, "Woody, I'm going to steal your girlfriend." Cracked me up.

Posted by: £££ | July 2, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Hey, wait a minute! The Baldwins aren't welcome in Canada. We don't want 'em. Really.

Thank you very much for your time - I really appreciate it,

the Baldwin family haters.

Posted by: dottie | July 2, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

SO not suprised to hear on the radio this morning that there is trouble brewing in Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's marriage. Sign them up for the next episode of Celebrity Divorce Court!

What will they do with those tattoos, I wonder?

Posted by: new england | July 2, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Hey, luvlinsay (if you're out there) -- What do you think of a hook-up between a Baldwin (you pick) and Dina?

Posted by: lib | July 2, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Back to John Hartnett and the Broadway version of "Rain Man" and td's recurring nightmare that it would be a musical.

I'd be interested in a musical only if it were a musical written by the writers of "The Simpons" in the same treatment as they gave "A Streetcar Named Desire."

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | July 2, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | July 2, 2008 3:15 PM

*********

Or "Planet Of The Apes."

Posted by: byoolin still hates every chimp he sees, from Chimp-an-A to Chimp-an-Zee. | July 2, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Stop! I finally got that "Rain Man'/"Fiddler on the Roof" musical idea out of my head. Now it's raging inside once again.

(Raymond)
Do you love me?

(Charlie)
Do I what?

(Raymond)
Do you love me?

(Charlie)
Do I love you?
With our father dead and buried
And this trouble of his will
I'm upset, you need air
Let's take car, go on trip!
Maybe bad suggestion?

Posted by: td vows to stay away from sunrise sunset | July 2, 2008 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Okay, who saw this coming:

Reports: A-Rod's wife runs off with Lenny Kravitz

Posted by: WDC 21113 feels clean after watching Clean House. | July 2, 2008 10:34 PM | Report abuse